PDA

View Full Version : a beautiful furbaby lost.....tragically...

carole
02-24-2005, 06:41 PM
It is incredibly hard for me to post this and I do it with great difficulty through tears, my niece's furbaby Juliette died last night in tragic circumstances.

Juliette was a very beautiful white part turkish-van kitty adopted from Death Row at the SPCA about three years ago.

My niece and her husband live in an apartment attached to my sister's home with a double garage inbetween, so Juliette and her adopted brother Neo live between two houses, and often freqent both.

Juliette, bless her soul, made a bad judgement, it appears she tried to beat the remote control garage doors, sadly she did not make it and got caught, these are extremely heavy doors and the cats are used to them, it seems odd she tryed to do this.

The worst part is that my sister was the last person to close the doors, and did not see or hear anything, an hour later she went to see if Juliette's biscuits needed topping up and to her horror found her dead caught in the doors.

My sister is beside herself with grief, guilt,sadness, she is tormented by what has happened, she cannot, eat, sleep or stop crying, I just spoke with her about an hour ago, as this was the first I knew of this awful tragedy.

Please pray Juliette did not suffer and it was quick, this is what is also praying heavily on my sister's mind.

Please help me to help my sister through this, she knows I understand and am there for her, but still it is hard to comfort her right now, and also please pray for Charlene and Nick through the loss of their furbaby.

We ask ourselves WHY WHY did this awful thing have to happen.

REST IN PEACE beautiful Juliette, I posted this in your memory of a special Girl who brought much happiness and love into the household, I only saw you 4 wks ago and patted and cuddled you, little did I know it would be for the last time.

Play hard at RB with my Sooti and your adopted younger brother Romeo, we love you and miss you Darling.

NoahsMommy
02-24-2005, 06:44 PM
:( How tragic...please extend my sympathies to your niece and her family.

kt_luvs_kitties
02-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Oh Carole, I am SO sorry. I am sure her meowmie is going through such a terrible time right now. I know the feeling of guilt, and it is so hard to overcome. I never did.
Please let her know that we all love her, even though never knowing her, and that we care about her and the family, and will keep praying for her wellbeing, and peace of mind.*HUGS*

RIP Juliette , Have a great time at the RB. You feel no pain, and never will again sweet girl:(

carole
02-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Thank you for the comforting words, I just know how my sister will be feeling, she is like me and I don't think she will ever really get over it ever, it will haunt her forever, at least her daughter is not blaming her, and is grieving along side her, that is of great comfort I am sure.

jenluckenbach
02-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Oh my. How terribly sad. :( RIP Juliette. Prayers to her family.

carole
02-24-2005, 07:11 PM
I remember someone posting a lovely site where you could go and light a candle for your lost pet, I did one for Sooti, can anyone give me the link to it so I can post one for Juliette. Thank you.

kt_luvs_kitties
02-24-2005, 07:14 PM
http://www.petpics.net/memory/

Right here is one that Debbie posted awhile back. I hope this is what you were looking for...

CalliesMom
02-24-2005, 07:15 PM
RIP Sweet Juliette. Carole, give my condolences to your sister and niece, as well.

slick
02-24-2005, 07:17 PM
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm

This is another one.

Carole, this is just so sad and by no means should your sister feel any guilt..although that is easier said than done.

RIP sweet Juliette. You are loved so very much. :(

Prayers going out to you, your sister and neice.

LauraT7
02-24-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of this tragic accident - I feel badly for you and your sister and her family, who are missing their baby right now.

Although it can't help her now, knowing about this may help others to avoid the same fate. This is something that has hurt and killed not only cats, but dogs and children, too.

Newer garage door openers are fitted with a simple light trigger, a beam of light and a receiver, that if interrupted for any reason, makes the door stop and go back up. I think you can buy the light triggers and attach them to the control of older door openers.

All new garage door openers (at least in the US) are required to have a safety device that reverses the door if ANY resistance is felt, even 1/2 " from the floor. combined with the light mentioned above, no one shoould ever have to be caught in an automatic overhead door ever again - but people have to get rid of the old ones that don't have the safety features. There are alot of them still out there.

Your sister and her family are all in my prayers - I am so sorry for their loss.

Laura

sirrahbed
02-24-2005, 07:28 PM
oh Carole:( I feel so sick and sad reading about this - and knowing this is just a mere fraction of what your sister must feel having found the kitty!! :( :(

I feel so for your sister and for your niece and family. I am glad that are mourning together with no blame.

I have said my prayers for them - for God to help ease both guilt and sadness, and that your sister especially experience healing and no lasting trauma from what she witnessed. I am so sorry:(

catmandu
02-24-2005, 07:29 PM
What a San Ending,for Juliette,and sadly accidents,like this do happen.Cats ,are usually a lot more careful.Jukliette,will be An angel,Tomorrow,and she knows now,to avoid the door.She knows,taht it was an accident,and doesnt blame her Meowmie.I know,that that is going,to be difficult,but please try,to put,it behind you,as dwelling,on Juliette,can not bring her back.Prayers,are coming,from The Found Cat Hotel,and Juliette,at The Rainbow Bridge ,loves you,and waits,for the day,that you are together,again.

Laura's Babies
02-24-2005, 07:55 PM
May I offer my condolences and a small memorial in memory of Juliette...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Memorialbackground3X5.jpg

kaoK'okung
02-24-2005, 08:10 PM
i'm so sorry for the loss of juliette, please extend my condolences to your sister and family....(someone in heaven needed a kitty angel, and god chose juliette....)

luckies4me
02-24-2005, 08:22 PM
Poor Juliette. :( What a terrible thing to have happened. I am crying right now just having read this. I can only imagine how she feels. Please offer her my deepest sympathies. :(

prechrswife
02-24-2005, 08:40 PM
So very sad...:( My sister-in-law went through a very similar thing with one of her cats a few years ago. I saw her devastation, so I know on some level what Juliette's people are going through. RIP.

QueenScoopalot
02-24-2005, 08:44 PM
My heart goes out to not only Juliette, but her hoomans who had to witness such tragedy. :( I'm so sorry. :(

catnapper
02-24-2005, 09:04 PM
How devastating. I hope she knows it was nothing she should feel guilty about - it was an accident. I hope she finds peace within herself. Have fun at the Rainbow Bridge Juliette

carole
02-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Thank you so much my dear friends, your kind words mean so much, my heart just aches right now for my sister especially and the loss of a sweet furangel.

Laura the tribute is so beautiful , there are tears streaming down my face just reading it, it is good to let emotions out.

You know the awful thing, is the garage door is fitted with the triggers, it is a relatively new home, and has all the latest mod cons, it should have gone up when it hit Juliet, but sadly it did not, that is what makes it even worse.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, my daughter Melissa just wrote a beautiful letter to her cousin, it was so lovely, I know it will be appreciated and mean so much to them.

carole
02-24-2005, 09:32 PM
Thank you also for the lovely candle tributes for Juliette, to all those who lit one for her, so special, I have her pic on my desktop now and it hurts like heck to see her beautiful face, but I just have to have her memory there, I hope to post her pic, but I am having trouble with it, but hopefully I will beable to soon.:(

carole
02-24-2005, 09:39 PM
hopefully this pic will show up, here she is with her brother Neo, wasn't she just beautiful, poor wee soul.

rg_girlca
02-24-2005, 09:51 PM
Oh Carole, you and your sister have my deepest sympathies on the loss of her beautiful Juliette.

What a tragic accident. Tell her to keep looking at a recent picture of her gorgeous girl on a daily basis to help get rid of the terrible image she must be seeing right now when she found her.

Oh gosh, this is so sad. Your family will be in my prayers.

Rest in Peace beautiful Juliette.

mina'smomma
02-24-2005, 09:54 PM
My heart goes out to your sister and your niece. I'm sure your niece understands that it was an accident and that in time your sister will forgive herself. They both will be in my prayers.

AmberLee
02-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Oh, how awful! {{{hugs to your family}}}

Frolic well at the RB, beautiful girl!

jazzcat
02-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Oh my gosh, that is so terrible. I can't imagine discovering something like that.:(

Rest in Peace beautiful Juliette.

krazyaboutkatz
02-25-2005, 12:29 AM
Carole, I'm so sorry to hear about this tragic news.:( Please give my condolences to your sister and her family. Juliette sure was a beautiful cat. RIP sweet Juliette.

I saved the bmp as a jpg so others can see it.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-25-2005, 03:16 AM
OMG, what a tragic and horrible accident.... ! This is so heartbraking.....:( . We have a garage door just like that; it is supposed to go back up when it hits "something". We tried it out with a box of tissues, and it worked. But I am aslo scared to let the cats in the garage, just in case..!
I am so sorry, this must be so hard on your niece. Please tell her she may NOT take the blame on her. A cat is unpredictable, and there is no way she could have known that Juliette would run to the door.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

ps. Laura, that card you made is so beautiful!! How sweet of you to make that!!

moosmom
02-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Oh Carole,

What a horrible tragic ACCIDENT. Please give your sister and her family my sincere condolences. Tell her not to beat herself up over this. It's no one's fault.

((((hugs))))

smokey the elder
02-25-2005, 10:09 AM
I am so sorry about Juliette and her family! What a tragic accident. Juliette was such a pretty girl.

rosethecopycat
02-25-2005, 11:05 AM
So sorry to hear about Juliette.

Godspeed to the bridge, sweet girl.

Rie Rie
02-25-2005, 11:19 AM
Oh, how horrible for both of you. Please know that it wasn't anyone's fault, just a tragic accident. My deepest sympathy.

carole
02-25-2005, 01:23 PM
I myself found it hard to sleep last night, having the images in my mind of finding her, I can only imagine how my poor sister is feeling.
Thanks to everyone, your kindess and thoughtfulness is much appreciated.

Juliette was a very pretty girl,she looks big in this photo, but in actual fact she was a little girl, mostly fluff.

I gave my babies close hugs last night, just feeling so grateful to have my two here with me safe and sound.

I shall ring my sister today and see how she is doing, but I don't think she will be feeling much better, it is not something that will leave her in a hurry.,sadly.

Melissa made a beautiful tribute to Juliette to send up to my niece as well as the letter, and I will include your's as well Laura, I am thinking of purchasing a heart shaped stone, painting it up and adding glitter and her name on it to send up, we made one for our Sooti like this to put on his grave, I think maybe we shall do that for her.

Logan
02-25-2005, 01:41 PM
This is a constant worry of mine and I always remind my family to not trust that heavy garage door and it's sensors.....it is extremely heavy and I know it is unpredictable although it should reverse it's course if something crosses in front of those laser lights.

Carole, your sister and family are in my prayers. I am so sorry for the tragic loss of this precious kitty.

Logan

NKBurlington
02-25-2005, 02:01 PM
OMG! What a tragic, sad story.

My thoughts are with your sister. I can only imagine the guilt she must feel. She must not let it eat her up. I know it's hard but she must go on.

My prayers are with you and your sister.

davidpizzica
02-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Oh, Carole!
Pittsbugh {{{{HUGS}}}} to you and your niece. I was tearing up as I was reading about it. As everyone else said, it was a tragic accident and noone's fault. He is probably at the RB and my RB kitty Thai is showing him the ropes! Again, Sis {{{{HUGS}}}}!

carole
02-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Thanks David , you know it means a lot to me, yep Thai and Sooti, and Rusty and her brother Lil Romeo will all be there to greet her, along with all the other lovely RB Kitties, it is a thought we have to keep in our minds, to help ease the pain and loss.

kimlovescats
02-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Carole, what an awful tragedy!!! :( I feel so very sorry for all of you, but especially your dear sister who had to find her. Juliette was absolutely gorgeous, and no doubt she is a reigning Angel at the Rainbow Bridge.

Rest in peace, sweet girl and hugs and prayers to your family who misses you so! :(

LoudLou
02-25-2005, 06:44 PM
How tragic for you and your family! I am so sorry to hear about Juliette. She was a beautiful girl. Hugs to you and your sister.

Godspeed to the bridge sweet Juliette.

carole
02-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Laura's Babies is such a sweetie, she made another tribute for Juliette , isn't is beautiful, I have sent both onto my sister and niece, I am sure it will bring them comfort,I talked to my sister by phone yesterday , she was still awfully upset, but she did sound a wee bit better.

I have put this on my desktop, in memory of her, and it is so lovely, I am really touched by everyone's concern and comforting words.

catfamily
02-26-2005, 03:05 PM
This a huge tragedy.I'd be sick if I did this.And now I know it COULD happen.I'm so sick.But please give all my simpathies.Especially the one that did and found her.This poor girl is going to be upset for a long time.Please help her.:(

davidpizzica
02-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Oh, Carole, what a lovely and appropiate tribute to Juliette. I hope that in some measure it gives both you and your niece some comfort. I'm glad that your niece is doing a little better, but I know her grief is still very real. My prayers go out to both of you at this time. {{{{HUGS}}}} from Pittsburgh.

davidpizzica
02-26-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm sorry, Carole, It's your sister not your niece. Still {{{{HUGS}}}}.

carole
02-27-2005, 02:27 AM
It is ok David, it is my sister who unfortunately had the accident , but it is my niece's kitty.