PDA

View Full Version : Eeep--Need Computer Help!

DogLover9501
02-24-2005, 03:17 PM
Uh-oh, I think I deleted something on my computer that may have been important :o

I downloaded a video editor to convert my videos, and it wasn't any good so I went to delete it, and I thought that's what I deleted.

My computer restarted without asking me and when it came back it only has 16 colors(that won't change) and also it's on a small monitor setting that also won't change.

Any help would be appreciated :o

Thanks

Lexi_Lover
02-24-2005, 03:21 PM
If you want to fix the small computer desktop setting you have to go to your desktop main screen and right click and then click properties, then go to the end of the thing that pops up where it says <Settings> then there are 3 parts, on the top, the preview screen, the right, a colour thing, and on the left a little scale(looks like a timeline) and you set it there. I think you can also fix your colours there to:D

Hope that helped

shutterbug0303
02-24-2005, 03:22 PM
I've went through that before...the only thing I remember that worked was to wipe the whole computer out and start again!! :eek:

Maybe someone else knows another solution! Best of luck

**edit - what Lexi said would work unless you've deleted some of your color/monitor settings...they somehow get imbedded into the folder of the software you are using...hopefully it isn't that serious

Soapets
02-24-2005, 03:48 PM
What system do you have on your computer? I have Windows XP, and on mine you can click on the Start button, go to "All Programs", then "Accessories", then "System Tools", then "System Restore". When you click on "System Restore" it takes you to a place where you can restore your system to an earlier time, and it will bring back everything that was on the system at that time.

Let me know if this helps.

RedHedd
02-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Did you delete the application just by deleting the files? If so, go to your recycle bin, select the files and restore them (File/Restore from the menu bar).

When deleting applications always use the uninstaller provided with the software if they give you one or (better) use Windows add/remove programs under Start/Settings/Control Panel.

Good luck!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-24-2005, 04:54 PM
It's possible you deleted you video card/driver. Doing the system restore Soapets mentions is your best bet. If you don't have XP and the system restore, do you have the CD's that came with the computer? Try just reinstalling your video driver. If you reinstall the entire operating system you will wipe out everything on your computer, so DO NOT do that until you've done a back up and have all your pictures, etc in a safe place OFF the computer somewhere.

DogLover9501
02-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
If you want to fix the small computer desktop setting you have to go to your desktop main screen and right click and then click properties, then go to the end of the thing that pops up where it says <Settings> then there are 3 parts, on the top, the preview screen, the right, a colour thing, and on the left a little scale(looks like a timeline) and you set it there. I think you can also fix your colours there to:D

Hope that helped

I went to that right away, but it won't let me change any of those settings.

Originally posted by RedHedd
Did you delete the application just by deleting the files? If so, go to your recycle bin, select the files and restore them (File/Restore from the menu bar).

When deleting applications always use the uninstaller provided with the software if they give you one or (better) use Windows add/remove programs under Start/Settings/Control Panel.

Good luck!

I deleted it the way you described second, in the "Add/Remove Programs". It's not in my recycle bin.

I use Windows 98.

The computer may be going in somewhere to get fixed tomorrow if I can't fix it myself, I'm saving things right now just incase everything gets lost.