PDA

View Full Version : Connor at the vet today

Ally Cat's Mommy
02-24-2005, 02:21 PM
He IS back home and is "okay" but may have to go back in a few days...

Today around lunchtime I noticed a swelling on his side. I had to show houses this afternoon, and when I got back this evening the lump was flat, but he would not even let me touch the area.

I called my vet, and although he was on his way home he agreed to wait for me ( he even told me to calm down and drive carefully - he is such an angel). He said it could be that the abcess had ruptured internally, as there was no pus on the outisde, and this could be dangerous if left any longer.

It is the weekend here now, so the roads were chaos. I passed 3 accidents, and at one point even had to drive on the pavement as the road was blocked by a truck that had crashed:eek: (Thank goodness I drive a 4X4!!!)

Poor Connor had a temperature of over 40.5 degrees, so he was very sick by this stage! The doctor cleaned him up, and gave him two different antibiotic injections. If he isn't back to normal in 48 hours they will have to operate.

I hope they won't have to, and that Connor will recover on his own! NAWTEE Ally for hurting her brother:(

QueenScoopalot
02-24-2005, 02:26 PM
Oh Julie! :( Poor Connor doesn't deserve that from Ally, and you don't need the worry either. I'm praying the antibiotics knock the infection down fast, and that Connor doesn't need surgery. My big galoopy Brandon sends nose rubs, and head bonks to Connor:)

catlover4ever
02-24-2005, 02:31 PM
OH Julie, please give Connor a great big kiss for me and tell him that I hope he feels better soon. (((hugs))) to you --- Meg

Vio&Juni
02-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Poor Connor! I hope he gets better as soon as possible.

Nawtee Ally! Juni's playing rough sometimes with Pichu too, but they never hurt each other, thank God!

Craftlady
02-24-2005, 02:42 PM
I'm sure Ally didnt mean to play so rough. Hope Conner does well on the antibotics etc.

Laura's Babies
02-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Thank GOD for observant Mommies!! If you had not noticed that, poor baby could have died! I am sure those shots will perk him up and put him on the road to recovery. Lets pray that is so anyway... Prayers sent!

Cataholic
02-24-2005, 02:44 PM
WHAT? Poor Connor! Get better, fella.

runs off to find the other thread about the little fightie fight.

catmandu
02-24-2005, 04:50 PM
We are glad,taht Connor,is back,and that there are no lingering effects,of a play fight,gone wrong.The Found cats,can play a little rough,but so far,no one,has been hurt.

jazzcat
02-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Poor Connor.

I hope you feel better soon sweetie and don't need the white coats any more.

krazyaboutkatz
02-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Poor Connor,:( I sure hope that he'll get better soon and that the vet won't have to perform surgery. Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way. {{{{HUGS}}}}

shais_mom
02-24-2005, 11:50 PM
I am so sorry Julie - I hope he feels better asap

jenluckenbach
02-25-2005, 04:49 AM
Hugs to Connor. Hope you feel better real soon.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-25-2005, 06:05 AM
Get better soon, sweet Connor!!

Barbara
02-25-2005, 06:14 AM
I missed all this as I have been away most of this week. I am so sorry for my poor sweet friend Connor!

Connor, hope you get well soon.

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-25-2005, 09:35 AM
Poor Connor....

I hope you are feeling better real soon sweetie!!

*kisses* for you kitty!:)

trinity
02-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Update? How is Conner doing today? We went thru this with two of ours who are siblings...hopefully the antibiotics will do their job right away! Feel better wishes coming your way!

PayItForward
02-25-2005, 03:38 PM
Hoping Connor feels better

ratchet22
02-25-2005, 04:13 PM
OMG! My prayers are out to conner, get well little guy!