PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO YOU PUT A PIC. OF YOUR ANIMALS?

10-17-2001, 02:17 PM
YOU KNOW LOTS OF PEOPLE HAVE A PICTURE OF THEIR ANIMALS AT THE BOTTOM OF THEIR POST, SO I AM KNEW AND WAS WONDERING HOW TO DO THAT. I HAVE A CAMERA TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THEM. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AmberLee
10-17-2001, 05:12 PM
Hi Fun_4_u,

It's so frustrating when you see others using a feature, but can't get it to work -- at least I think so! :( :D :o :(

Spencer the Cat walked me through this in June -- unfortunately I can't find his EXCELLENT explanation, so I'll try winging it. Good luck.

1) Get a digital version of your photo. You can use a digital camera or scan in a regular photo or get your regular film digitized when it's processed (disk option at photo processors)

2) Get your digitized print posted to a website. Lots of us use www.webshot.com. (http://www.webshot.com.) My webshot name is Amberly17. (Visit, if you'd like!) Several members will also post photos on their websites for other Pet Talk users. Soon there will be an option of sending our photos to Pet Talk directly if I remember right. (Unfortunately my memory STINKS. Sigh.)

3) Once your photo is posted somewhere on the WWW, get the URL of where it's posted. The easiest way to do this is (if you have a PC) to go to where it's posted and rightclick your mouse. You'll get a short list of options available. One option will be "Copy Image Location" Select this one.

4) Come back here to Pet Talk. Go into your profile and click edit --I think it's called "View/Update Profile". Select the Signature block.

5) Type a right bracket "[" the letters "img" then a left bracket "]". Right click your mouse and select "Paste". Immediately Type another right bracket "[" and a forward slash "/" another "img" and a left bracket "]". Use no spaces. It should look like this without any spaces: "[ i m g ] Photo address [ / i m g ]".

As an example ... http://wsphotofews.excite.com/028/As/Ed/gr/2L18693.jpg (I just picked a photo from a recent trip to FL as an example, for fun.) You'd want to pick a smaller photo for your signature block.

6) Push the button that says "edit/update profile"

I hope this works for you. Good luck.

Note: I find this tricky and had to edit this explanation three times before it read the way I really wanted it to. It's okay to edit and experiment. In fact, it's the way most of us learned. Sigh! Eventually we DO learn though! So good luck to you and happy experimenting. I look forward to seeing your pet in your signature block soon.

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: AmberLee ]

Cinder & Smoke
10-17-2001, 06:32 PM
Nice work on the explanation, AmberLee!

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/007/S5/qr/LC/M198156.jpg

AmberLee
10-17-2001, 07:36 PM
Thank you! :D

It was kind of long winded, but I've managed to get VERY confused with this several times and had to be lead through it with lots of help by Spencer and/or the moderators. :o ;)

Blessings on all those who helped me along the way! :D

jennifert
12-19-2001, 11:24 AM
I just read through this and am hoping that the picture of Duncan shows in the signature area...I have no idea if I did this even close to the right way!!!

jennifert
12-19-2001, 11:25 AM
YEAH!!! It's there! but how do I make it smaller?

4 feline house
12-19-2001, 12:12 PM
Jen - click on the thumbnail view on the first page of your album to get a smaller picture. Copy and paste the properties for the thumbnail instead of the larger picture that shows all by itself. I hope I am making sense!

jennifert
12-19-2001, 12:31 PM
Thanks Leah! I hope this is correct!

AmberLee
12-19-2001, 05:03 PM
Dear Jennifert,

As you've no doubt noticed, you (and your Be-Yew-Tifle! Duncan) are LOOKING GOOD! Well done! :D ;) :cool: :D

jennifert
12-19-2001, 05:11 PM
Thanks Amber! The directions you gave were great! And I have to thank Souraya when she gets back from vaca too since she "stole" the pics for we and put them on her webshots so I could get them!!