PDA

View Full Version : Stimpy went to the White Coats!

pitc9
02-23-2005, 07:14 PM
...$209 later!!!:eek: :eek:

The vet did a skin scraping to rule out mange and other bad things like that. His skin is sooo bad... omg... I feel so bad for him. We have all kinds of meds for the little guy. Drops for his ears, inside and out, med shampoo, and they gave him a shot also. He also got all of his other shots as well, and they took blood to test for heartworm, I'll hear back from them tomorrow.

He was a wiggley little boy, but he got through it!

My home in PA I THOUGHT he was going to go to fell through:(
So this morning I sent out TONS to e-mails to almost every rescue in my area listed on Petfinder. There were no Toy Fox Terrier rescues listed, but someone sent my e-mail on to the right person because a woman that runs a TFT rescue in Western Ohio e-mailed me with a list if people that have alreay been approved by her rescue and are waiting for a TFT!!!:D
So I e-mailed them today and all I can do now is wait.

PAWS CROSSED PLEASE!!!
He needs to get into a home soon so they can give him the one on one attention that he needs and wants!! It's so hard with Sierra and Buddy not being happy with our new house guest.
I told the people that he will need more trips to the vet to pinpoint what food has done this to him. I hope it's just a simple food change that will do him good. Right now he's loving the food I'm giving him, Pro Plan Salmon and Rice for Sensitive Skin & Stomach and his poo has been firm too!! I hope he's on the road to recovery!

*Right now all three are chilling out and are quiet, so I don't want to take pictures*...sorry!

shais_mom
02-23-2005, 11:55 PM
gentle hugs to the little guy!
patiently waits for pics!

Oggyflute
02-24-2005, 12:22 AM
All starting to look good now mate. :)

micki76
02-24-2005, 08:19 AM
I’m so glad you were able to vet him, Angie. Poor kid. I also hope all the meds are making him feel better. From his ears and his feet, I would say it’s likely that it’s a food allergy, but it can also be from grass or other pollens. Usually ears in that bad of shape are from food allergies, so a food trial should be able to rule out what he’s allergic to. Chester can only have fish in his diet; he’s allergic to every other source of protein.

I know it won’t be hard to find a home for Stimpy. There’s bound to be some special person out there who’s willing to take him on even with his potential for further medical care.

I’m tell ya, if he was a girl, I’d be coordinating a transport to Texas!

{{{{{Hugs to all 4 of you!}}}}}

shutterbug0303
02-24-2005, 03:48 PM
Angie...you're an Angel for Stimpy! I hope that one of the eligable adopters comes through and gives this little guy a great home. His skin makes ME hurt...poor baby. Gentles hugs to Stimpy

tatsxxx11
02-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Oh dear, poor baby! But what a lucky pup to have landed in your lovng arms, Angie. Finally, he's getting the attention, medical and emotional that he deserves! Hopefully you'll find that special family for him very soon! Hugs to Stimpy and Sierra and Buddy too; what angels they are to be so tolerant of the little guy:) You're a hero, Angie!:)

pitc9
02-24-2005, 04:44 PM
I am still waiting to hear back from the people I e-mailed that were looking for a Toy Fox Terrier!!

AHhhhhh I wish people would check their e-mails everyday!!!

Today when I got home from work, he was FULL of energy. He wsa bouncing like Tigger!! That was the first time I've seen him do that since he's been here. Guess he is feeling better already!
I got a call from the vets office, he is hearworm test came back negative. Yipee!!!

Now... if I could just find a home for him!!

micki76
02-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by pitc9
Today when I got home from work, he was FULL of energy. He wsa bouncing like Tigger!! That was the first time I've seen him do that since he's been here. Guess he is feeling better already!
I got a call from the vets office, he is hearworm test came back negative. Yipee!!!

Now... if I could just find a home for him!!

Yup, that's a terrier! :D I'm so glad he's feeling better, and double Yay on the negative heartworm test!! *Kisses* to lil Stimpy!

Michael and I have been convincing each other that we CANNOT have another male dog, but we both sure wish we could.

petslover
02-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Your a great person to do that for Stimpy. You gave him the attention that he needs. Good luck on finding him a good home.

veegan
02-25-2005, 12:05 AM
hopefully its just food allergies, they are much simpler to treat than inhalent allergies! but its hard to say, the symptoms are the same. glad you got him started on a food trial already. (although if it was a steroid injection he got, that will stop the itching and you wont be able to tell if its the food change thats helping him or the steroids..) well I hope he feels better soon anyway! and much luck in finding him a home!!!