PDA

View Full Version : Mina is coming home

mina'smomma
02-23-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm picking her up in 45 minutes.

Any suggestions on making her comfortable???????

sirrahbed
02-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Renae-sorry but I missed what is going on?? Did Mina have her spay?? Claws fixed?? :confused:

I hope she is feeling OK. hmmm...how did I miss this?

catmandu
02-23-2005, 02:56 PM
I just let my Cats,out of the carrier,in the Bed Room.Usually,they will not sleep,as they are pretty scared,and will want,to reassure,themselves,that they,are in the right place,and The Cats,that are there are thier old Friends.

mina'smomma
02-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Renae-sorry but I missed what is going on?? Did Mina have her spay?? Claws fixed?? :confused:

I hope she is feeling OK. hmmm...how did I miss this?

Both Deb.

She was spayed and declawed in the front. (I feel bad about that) I just wish I didn't have to do the latter of the two, but the vet reassures me that she won't be in pain anymore after she heals and that it was the right thing to do rather than letting her suffer with the way she was.

kt_luvs_kitties
02-23-2005, 03:54 PM
Aww Baby Mina! I am so glad that you get to come home today!!! I hope that you thought of me during surgery. I have been thinking of you constantly! I miss you, and I hope that you know that I love you, and am on my little kitty knees praying for you to get well soon! *HUGS AND NOSERUBS* From your little guy Squeeks

I hope that Mina feels better soon. I would try to keep her from running/playing and I would not let her jump up to high. Try putting a heating pad on low heat, and cover it with a fluffy towel or blankie, and keep her in her carrier for a few hours alone. I always did that with my fosters after a spay. And esp. with her declew, I am sure she will be a tiny bit sore. BUT do not feel bad sweetie, it was the best thing for baby Mina, and after a few days, she will be happy and pain free. WE LOVE YOU BOTH!! Get better soon Mina, Squeeks wants more pictures;)

sirrahbed
02-23-2005, 04:36 PM
awww baby Mina!!! TWO surgeries but so glad they are over!!

Renae - that claw surgery was medically necessary so PLEASE do not feel bad about it. It is not like you did it for convenience. You have told us how miserable she was everytime you had to dig her claws - reminds me of having ingrown toenails forever. Back when I DID declaw my cats - I guess I was fortunate - but nobody ever seemed to notice anything was done. As for the spay - Lizzie had heres two weeks ago and I carried her around with a warm water bottle on her belly, and she leaned into it and let me cuddle her which I played to the fullest!! kt_luvs_kitties mentioned the blanky covered heating pad and I bet she would like that also. Lizzie also acted just as normal as can be by the next day. I hope Mina reacts the same way. Take care!!

chrangharris
02-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Glad she is coming home!! You did the right thing!

jazzcat
02-23-2005, 05:08 PM
I hope she's feeling okay and I'm glad she's coming home.

I agree, you did the right thing for her.

catcrazylady
02-23-2005, 07:27 PM
You did what was best for Mina. Nothing is ever set in concrete so there are occasions where things that we think are bad have to be done for the good. (understand that?);)

Please let us know how Mina is doing and give her gentle {{{hugs}}} from us. I'm sure she is happy to be home and hopefully will be her old self again in a day or two.
Get well soon sweet Mina!

iloverat
02-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Healing kisses to all Miss Mina's booboos. XXXXX Hope she'll recover quickly without any complications.

rg_girlca
02-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Oh precious Mina, I hope you are not in too much pain sweetie and that you have a full and complete recovery.

Kisses to you sweet girl and ((((((HUGS)))))) for you Renae. Hang in there, Mina will be just fine in a day or two.

mina'smomma
02-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Mina went and hid in the bedroom the moment we got home. She won't even let me touch her. I think she hates me:( I'm wondering even more now if I did the right thing. Our vet says I did, but I can't help but wonder. I want my lovey back. She seems really depressed, and I only got her to a little bit of her canned food. Can anyone talk to me, and tell me what I can do to make her comfortable????? I have yahoo messenger and my id is lwparishbaby. I'm really worried about her. She has never been like this. I truely thinks she hates me.:( :( :(

rg_girlca
02-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Renae, take a deep breath girl and try to relax. I know you hate seeing your baby like this, but she has been through two surgeries and is probably in some pain. It is normal for them to go and hide somewhere.
Believe me when I say, "She does not hate you." Give her some time and she will come around. Try sitting on the floor and in a soothing voice, talk to her.
In a day or two, this will be all behind you and you will have your Mina back.

I know this is easier said than done, but try not to worry to much okay.

((((((HUGS))))))

catcrazylady
02-23-2005, 09:53 PM
NO no no! She does not hate you! I promise you that this is not abnormal. All of my girls did the same thing. I did all the begging and sucking up I could do to get them to come out from under the bed and nothing worked. I was heart broken about it too.
Here is the very best thing you can do. Leave her alone. I know it's hard and heartbreaking but I promise it's the best thing right now. She needs time to settle down and get her bearings back. I bet you anything you will see a new cat by morning.
Please don't blame yourself and think she hates you. She does not! It's in our nature to want to nurture and ease the pain but some cats prefer to be left alone.
Let her rest and come to you on her own. She will, I promise! Just give her the time she needs right now and it will all be much better by morning.
This is normal! I promise!

{{{{HUGS}}}} to you meowmie

catcrazylady
02-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Renae are you ok?
I'm more worried about you than Mina right now.

btw-your PM box is full!;) :D

mina'smomma
02-23-2005, 10:26 PM
I just emptied it.

This hasn't been a good week for me and with Mina not feeling well makes it even worse. I know I may be acting silly about worrying about her, but she is my baby and I just want to comfort her. Right now I've turned the lights off in the bedroom and have the phone with me so nothing will disturb her

catcrazylady
02-23-2005, 10:29 PM
That is a really good idea. Let her rest for awhile. She is probably exhausted from the surgery and hasn't slept real good since she wasn't home. She will get a good nights sleep in her house, with her meowmie near by, and feel much better in the morning.

rg_girlca
02-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Oh Renae, you are NOT being silly my dear. You are a very loving concerned meowmie.
Like Lisa said, give her time, she WILL be okay. Don't forget, it is traumatizing for these little ones, to go through these surgeries as they do not understand what is happening to them, but they do get over it very fast.
I'm sorry that you have not had a good week and I hope and pray that tomorrow will be a better day for you.

You are such a good meowmie and your precious baby Mina will be loving you again real soon. Hang in there.

(((((HUGS)))))

kt_luvs_kitties
02-24-2005, 01:36 AM
Aww Honey, Mina does NOT hate you. She is just not feeling up to par right now. Just let her sleep it off, let the pain subside, and she will be back to normal VERY soon. I know how scary/frustrating/upsetting it can be, but dont let it bother you. The more you let it bother you, the less time you will have to think about how to spoil her once she gets better;)

christa
02-24-2005, 07:00 AM
Oh honey, she doesn't hate you! The spay is just harder on girls!!! It will make their little tummies sensitive & they might not want to be touched until they heal!

I had similar feelings of "guilt" when we had Josie spayed. She was sooooo little, just over 3 pounds when we had her fixed (long story). I look back now and still kick myself for having it done so soon. But I do remember how tired she was for days after her surgery. She laid in her little bed and slept the entire day I brought her home. The next day she was eating better . . . took her some time to get over it.

I'm not sure if you ever got belly rubs from her, but if she's anything like Josie, there will be NO MORE! After Josie's surgery, that was it for belly rubs!!! If we even go near her belly, she latches on with all her claws & teeth!

Good luck with Mina! I'm sure she'll be feeling better today! And so will you! Just remember what she's been through and expect that she just doesn't feel very good right now! :)

mina'smomma
02-24-2005, 07:24 AM
Well she came out from under the bed when Lee got home, but everytime I got near her she hissed at me. She has let Lee hold her and pet her. She even slept by him. She is mad me.:( That is the only conclussion that I can come up with. She let daddy touch and love on her, but not mommy.

ramanth
02-24-2005, 07:38 AM
Renae, she does not hate you. Maybe perturbed...but not hate.

Are you the one that dropped her off at the vets?

When I was growing up, we'd argue about who was going to take the cat to the vet. Because we knew that person would get the cold shoulder for a few days.

Don't worry, once she fully heals she'll be back to normal.

*HUGS*

Laura's Babies
02-24-2005, 08:16 AM
She WILL come around so don't worry. Give her time and her own space and leave her alone. You just need to relax and give her some time, I promise, you will have your baby back as soon as SHE is ready... Their TERMS, in THIER time and NOT until... Keep us updated..

mina'smomma
02-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
Are you the one that dropped her off at the vets?

Kimmy,

Lee and I both dropped her off, but I'm the only one who went to see her after her surgery on Tuesday and I was the one who picked her up yesterday. Lee seems to think that it is because I may smell like the vet's office.