PDA

View Full Version : Wide Margins

Freckles
04-07-2001, 10:47 AM
Karen or Paul, is there something us posters are doing to cause wide margins? For example, in Dog, Breeds, Crufts Dog Show, pages 1 and 3 have normal margins, but in reading page 2, there is a scroll bar at the bottom which I need to move to read all the text. I've seen it on other posts. I don't mind scrolling down, but across really slows things down. Thanks for any help.

RachelJ
04-07-2001, 05:50 PM
If a picture is posted can make the page wider as well. Didn't check to see if that was the case in the example you mentioned but I know it is in others.

[This message has been edited by RachelJ (edited April 07, 2001).]

Paul
04-07-2001, 07:02 PM
   It is usually the long URLs that increase the margins. There is a way to post long URLs without showing them:

*url=Long_Long_Long_URL_here]Go_see_this*/url]

Except the '*' character represents the '['. That way only your description, "Go_see_this", shows in your message and not the actual URL they are going to.

I wish the Pet Talk software was easier to use. Here is what it looks like with ['s instead of *'s.

Go_see_this (http://Long_Long_Long_URL_here)

Freckles
04-07-2001, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Paul. I looked back at my example and saw what you meant. I'll save it along with my "how to post Pictures" info. Then when I REALLY have lots of spare time, I'll try to digest it. Think Spencer will be able to use it now.