PDA

View Full Version : What kind of job would you choose if you wanted to be around a lot of animals?

DogFan77
07-14-2001, 01:13 AM
For me a vetranarian, or I could open up my own dog hotel. :cool: I can see it now! "Chelsea's Dog Heven" Where your dog feels like they are in heven! LOL!!!!!!!! That would be funny though! :D Yah me, opening up my own dog hotel, that's a laugh! Maybe it's better to just work at a dog hotel. But that's just me. :p

Eudora
07-14-2001, 09:28 AM
I'd volunteer at my local SPCA. Just helping all those poor homeless animals is good enough for me. :) (NOT trying to be noble here. I mean it!) :p

Daisy's Mom
07-14-2001, 05:39 PM
I would also like to volunteer at a shelter, but volunteering can't be your only job or you'd have no income. So I would like to run a Dog Bed and Breakfast. When I was in fifth grade I saw a TV show about it and for a few years was intent on opening my own! It would be really fun to take care of some doggies, and I'd feel so good to know that their owners were on their vacation and not worrying about the well-being of their dogs.

crow_noir
07-14-2001, 11:24 PM
well, in the reality of the matter i am soon going to be going to college to open up my own boarding kennel. (and plan on photographing wolves on the side.)

other animal related jobs i can think of...opening up a humane pet store, vetrinarian, pet shelter, grooming, pet sitting, zoo volunteer... ...wow, end of thought. that can't be all!!! :confused:

crow_noir
07-14-2001, 11:27 PM
oh!!!!! another thing that i wanted to do and still think would be awesome is horse gentling. (but i'm not much of a horse person. just because i've never been around them. i'm sure if i was, i would be a horse person.) we need alot more of them around the world. breaking is soooooooooo inhumane and it doesn't work as well, sometimes it doesn't work at all.

ilovehounds
07-15-2001, 09:31 AM
I thought of that a little while ago myself. So I decided that I love animals and I love photography so why not get into pet photography. Many people have seen my pictures and just love them, I have a photographer waiting to see the pictures as well. We might set up a little arangement where I start out as his assistant and work up. Im sooo excited :D

Also shelter work is a great idea.

Logan
07-15-2001, 06:18 PM
The perfect job is easy for me, as it really is my dream. Since it is late in my life for me to become a veterinarian, I would love to open a kennel, out in the country, with my daughter as the veterinarian (her office could be right there on site), and a groomer.

One day I hope to tell you that my dream has come true! :)

jackiesdaisy1935
07-15-2001, 06:57 PM
I would open a Bed and Breakfast for Dogs, who could bring their human family. There would be dog and human cookies on the bed at night. Music for dogs and humans to relax by.
It would be by the ocean so the dogs could run their humans on the beach. The back yard would have agility and plenty of tennis balls. A swimming pool for the dogs and their humans to swim laps. By the bed would be a nightstand with "The Compassion of Animals", "Dog Fancy" and "Dogs never lie about Love" books to read. At night we would see movies like "Lassie come Home", etc.
I wonder if my husband would go along with this, I think so, he loves our dogs so much.
:D :D :D

aly
07-15-2001, 07:08 PM
I already have the perfect job where I'm around animals all day! Well technically I'm a volunteer again but I love it just the same :)

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]

Fuzzy317
07-15-2001, 08:03 PM
I think I would like to work at the zoo. :) Feeding and cleaning would be okay. :D

horse_1987
07-15-2001, 09:31 PM
I want to be a horse trainer. I am around horses everyday and I am currently helping to train my 3 year old palomino filly. It takes alot of patience, but i think i have it. I am also learning how to clip dogs, i know how to do poodles and shih tzus so far. I'd like to continue with that too. :)

Daisy's Mom
07-15-2001, 09:38 PM
Your ideas are all wonderful. I hope all your dreams come true!

*SimButtTwo4U*
07-15-2001, 09:39 PM
I want to be a dog groomer, trainer and care taker.
I think when i get older i want to have like a doggy day care were people drop their dogs off befor they go to work and i can work on their training skills, groom them and just let them play with the other dogs that i take care of. I would probably charge like around $30 each month. I dont think thats alot but id be getting alot of buisness i think and plus doing what i love.. being around dogs!

ownerof3dogs
07-16-2001, 12:31 AM
I would want to be a vetrenarian. acually I going to college to become one. I work for one right now and I love it. I wouldn't want to do anything else

Eudora
07-16-2001, 08:58 AM
I know! I can work FOR the shelter... my local one does hire people now and then because they need more staff.

wolflady
07-16-2001, 12:06 PM
Ooooh!! A pet bed n' breakfast sounds like such a neat idea!!! I'd go! :D
For me I'm lucky enough to have been able to take part in a "job" where I am around animals with the volunteering at the Cat rescue, and the wildlife rehabilitation and rescue center here in Silicon Valley!! My dream job, though, would be working full time at Wolf Park (www.wolfpark.org) where I did volunteer work while I was in college (or any other wolf education center). There is a lady, Karin, that flys in from Germany every year to be "wolf mom". How cool is that???!! :D That's the job I would like :)

Being a dog trainer and groomer would be fun too. A veterinarian is a good choice, but I don't think I could handle the surgury portion of that job! :eek: But I could assist or be the reception person!! LOL :D

auggie
07-16-2001, 07:45 PM
http://www.orcabork.com/Orca_update/Orca_and_Carrie.html
I like to be a animal massage therapist

crow_noir
07-17-2001, 02:13 AM
I agree WolfLady, i think working at WolfPark would be one of the coolist jobs ever. if that isn't a dream job, i can't imagine what would be. (ok, actually running my own wolf rehab program or santuary would top the list.)

Eudora
07-17-2001, 09:17 AM
If I ever go to America I can work for you guys! I wouldn't mind being a vet's assistant, I'm not squeamish or scared of anything, except perhaps snakes...

Dog lover5678
07-17-2001, 10:38 AM
Hey If i could choose a job to be around animals it would be , probably a vet so.......... :rolleyes: but ny ways

Mila's Mommy
07-17-2001, 11:05 AM
I would love to do a Pet Day Care. :D

For "Pet Parents" who are away all day. I have seen quite a few around and they seem to do fairly well.

I would also love to have a Pet Therapy Centre. Massages and relaxtion type things for pets. :p

I have a yellow lad named Amber. Near the end, she was filled with cancer and in so much pain. I would sit with her and massage neck and her paws. I know it sounds flaky but she loved it and it made me feel good to help her. :)

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: Mila's Mommy ]

Dog lover5678
07-17-2001, 03:39 PM
Hello id do a vet or like a own little doggy world http://www.plauder-smilies.com/dogrun.gif

sarge01
07-17-2001, 03:40 PM
I want to be an animal trainer.I have trained my puppy to do alot of things already :D I LOVE showing him off to my friends :cool:

Rottieluver45
07-19-2001, 08:14 PM
I would love to be a vetranarian!! Like if I knew how to be a vet I would offer to help take care of the dogs at the animal shelter!!
And like dogFan it would be fun start a doggie hotel!! :) Hey she and I could open a
business!!(J/K) :)

OrchidTeddy
06-25-2002, 04:42 PM
Openning an Animal Hotel, Pet Sitting Club, Pet Daycare center and all those cool stuff sounds great. I know I can never be a veternarian or anthing to give, but I love animals, and I hoep to find a job where my baby (Chika, Lhasa Poodle Mix) can be with me or work with me. I love taking care of pets, and one of my dream is to have this huge land and have different types of pets running around, if not a Sanctuary area for them.
:)

Heather Wallace
06-25-2002, 06:41 PM
I already get to work with cute a few animals as I am a pet sitter.

kohala
06-26-2002, 07:36 PM
I would LOOOOVE to work at the San Diego ZOO - it's the greatest, and there are so many wonderful animals and people who work there. I've had the pleasure of meeting the Director a few times, and you've never met a more sincere or caring person. I love our ZOO, and any kind of work there would be fine. Just look at all the animal company I'd have!!!!!!!
If you ever come to visit this city, you've GOT to go to the ZOO!!! You'll have the best memories ever!!
Lot's of !!! in this post, but it really is a great place - :) :cool:
P.S. Check out their webpage, it has some great stuff:www.sandiegozoo.org (http://www.sandiegozoo.org/)

*LabLoverKEB*
06-26-2002, 10:11 PM
When I tell people this, them probably think I'm weird, but I'm doing it for the animals!

I really want to work for the ASPCA (American Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals), when I grow up!:) ;)

sammi
06-26-2002, 10:33 PM
Since this is a deam that won't be happen for me - I'll dream big!
I would like to be the director of housing in a very large city and I would over see that people with pets have plenty of housing to pick from. This would cover Nursing Homes/Senior housing so elderly would have no worry about having their pet live with them. I would want it easy too - private runs for each apt. security around the clock for the pets protection ( no dog nabbing here or pets getting away) and owner peace of mind! Nursing homes/ Sr. housing would have around the clock STAFF for taking the pets out if the owner is not in health to do so (that is a dream!!!).:D

krazyaboutkatz
06-28-2002, 01:22 AM
I would either be a Vet or a vetrinarian technician. I would love to be able to help sick or injured animals. http://www.smileydictionary.com/images/smileys_cat/cat.gif

sweet_stormy
06-28-2002, 12:08 PM
I would be:
1. pet sitter (part time)
2. someone who owns their own shelter
3. teacher for teaching cats tricks that dogs would know

06-28-2002, 12:44 PM
I would open a pet sitting centre !!!with a large garden , where all cats can play together , where all dogs can chase as much as they like , where all animals could live the life they choose .... .
With visiting hours for humans , not to much !!
I would walk around all day and pet and pet and pet and keep on petting !! Oh my , THAT would be some life !!!!!

oh , what a pity , this is only a dream ........

http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets