PDA

View Full Version : Puppymill for sale! PLEASE READ!!!

luckies4me
02-23-2005, 12:47 AM
***cross-posted***

I have just heard of a puppy farm being offered for sale or lease. It is the second largest breeding facility in America, with over 600 breeding females, and 200-300 adult males, and as many litters at a given time. The kennels are situated in Wisconsin. The owner has decided to sell the proprty, including any dogs there at time of sale. The dogs are mainly small 'designer' crossbreeds, such as cockapoos, poo'shis, etc...

http://www.puppyhavenkennel.com/For_Sale_or_Lease.htm

A group of rescuers are trying to raise the funds to buy the facility, to be used to benefit rescue animals. If successful, the dogs at the facility will be placed in loving homes as far as is possible. They do NOT want to continue to breed at this place, which is simply a glorified puppy mill.

The group has formed an email list to send their messages and bring in support. You can join here...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/puppymillpurchase/join

NEEDED - Anybody with experience in fundraising, non-profit charity administration, grant-writers, journalists, animal shelters/rescuers, and anyone who has a love for animals.

This is a very large dream, but its very possible. Yes, the owner will make a lot of money from this sale, but at least he will be out of this business of creating thousands of crossbreed puppies for the pet market every year.

Please crosspost this as much as you can, get the word out and get these people some attention and help. We must prevent another unscrupulous money-snatcher taking over this property and adding to the problem!

Suki Wingy
02-23-2005, 12:52 AM
Copied from homepage-
Puppy Haven Kennel Hybrid Puppies
HYBRID!!?? These are just mutts! This makes me sooooo mad!!:mad: :mad: Any place with "puppy" in the title is probably bad news. I sure hpe they can do it!

wolfsoul
02-23-2005, 01:27 AM
Crossposted!

luckies4me
02-23-2005, 01:30 AM
THANK YOU!!!

Everyone, please feel free to crosspost this anywhere and everywhere!!!