PDA

View Full Version : The color of whiskers

jenluckenbach
02-22-2005, 07:26 PM
What color are your cat's whiskers?

I have found that:
1) Completely black cats, have black whiskers
2) Black tuxedos, have white whiskers whether or not they have white on their face.
3) Most cats that have white, espeically on the face, have white whiskers.
4) Orangies (with no white) have both black whiskers and white whiskers.
5) Tabbies (with no white on their face) have bicolored...i.e. STRIPED whiskers.

Do your cats follow this trend?

Jasper....black.....black whiskers
Biddy....tuxedo....white whiskers
Amber....orange (no white) both black and white whiskers
Kim and Sterling......tabby (no white)...bicolored = black roots, white tips
Bonnie....tabby (with white at the mouth)....white whiskers.
Monte, Jim, Ashley, Willow, Fern, Rutherford, Calvin, Lucas, Mickey all have white on the face and white whiskers.

Vette
02-22-2005, 07:37 PM
Cheetoo is now a faded ginger color cat,, with a white patch on her stomach but no white anywhere else. all her whiskers are white,, except for two black whiskers on both sides of her cheeks. LOL

as for Stella,, i think.. shes a calico? all black whiskers.

and as for Kirby,, hes a cream/cot(cream with apricot highlights) who has all white whiskers. :p

Laura's Babies
02-22-2005, 07:40 PM
All white here, except for Samantha, hers are (of coarse) black.

sirrahbed
02-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Mine follow your finding!
Eliot is grey tabby and his whiskers are two-toned stripey like.
Robbie, Emily and Lizzie have all white
Dylan has white whiskers too but also has ONE solid black whisker:D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/pf0fa7c1c506cbb85cd09a3c2a78f6186/f53cd941.jpg
Can you see the one black one on the top right side?? (left on the picture):p

catnapper
02-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Could only find two of mine to test...

Harry has all white whiskers. Abby has stripped whiskers.

catcrazylady
02-22-2005, 08:21 PM
I haven't inspected all twelve but I think mine follow your finding too.
Peanut Butter and Stubby (all orange) both have ONE black whisker and all the other whiskers being white.
I wonder why they do that?

sirrahbed
02-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Peanut Butter and Stubby (all orange) both have ONE black whisker and all the other whiskers being white.
I wonder why they do that?
Lisa - did you see the picture I added into my post above?? WEIRD:D
It has always been that way as I recall - and I swear that black whisker used to be on the OTHER side!:eek:

catcrazylady
02-22-2005, 08:33 PM
You know what Debbie, I would tell you that whiskers don't change places but I think the same thing!!!:eek: I swear P&B and Stubby's move! I guess they shed whiskers and another one replaces it. It is weird that it is always ONE black whisker though!:rolleyes:

kuhio98
02-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Mine follow your finding!
Eliot is grey tabby and his whiskers are two-toned stripey like.
Robbie, Emily and Lizzie have all white
Dylan has white whiskers too but also has ONE solid black whisker:D

Mine too follow your findings. Cammie has 1 white whisker. It falls out every now and then and grows back completely black for about 1 inch and then turns to white overnight. :confused:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p389056671b3d46937564a13c024de136/f73ee63a.jpg

catmandu
02-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Just,off the top,of my head,I think,that the FoundCat Whiskers,are motly white.Wait,her comes Moose The Magnificent.White Whiskers! Michael,come here! White Whiskers.TreatsJJJ3,TREATS!Gray,White Whiskers. Princess, Black Whiskers! All The Rest,are keeping vigil,on Tommy,in the cellar.

jazzcat
02-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Rocky and Rumor have interesting whiskers. They each have a black whisker on top on each side and the rest are white or two toned.

Jazz - all black
Scout - white with a wild black one now and then
Ripley - all white

rg_girlca
02-22-2005, 09:47 PM
It was a hoot going around checking out the cats whiskers.

Katie; Tabby- all white with one solid black on each side.

Mooky; Main Coon mix-white with 3 on each side that are half black & white.

Sades; Solid gray- Gosh this cat has the shortest whiskers i've ever seen. You can hardly notice them, and they almost look like they are a smokey white color.

Chipper; Tabby-white with 2 on each side that are half black & white.

Poppy; gray & white- all white.

Uabassoon
02-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Corkscrew (orange with a small amount of white) has all white whiskers except for 1 single black whisker.

Tibby (mostly white) most whiskers are white, but she was a few (around 3) black whiskers.

Grace
02-22-2005, 10:23 PM
Red - all orange - has one black whisker on each side; all others are white - just as CCL said.

Duffy - orange/white - all white

Grady - charcoal gray - whiskers are also

Abby - gray/white - whiskers all white

Reese - all white - whiskers all white

aki
02-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Chuck is Smoke colored and his whiskers are all black.

RedHedd
02-22-2005, 11:23 PM
Mitzi has short, curly white whiskers and Mishi, like all the other oranges, has white whiskers and ALWAYS one black one. I've noticed that one whisker will come in black and then turn white overnight like someone else said and then another black whisker will appear. He always has one black whisker and I've never been able to find one that's fallen out for my collection. My collection consists of all white Mishi whiskers. :D

krazyaboutkatz
02-22-2005, 11:38 PM
This is an interesting thread.:)

Storm is a blue-grey cat and his whiskers look grey but they're probably more of a black color.

Sunny is an orangie with white on his face and he has white whiskers and also some black ones too.

Cirrus is a spotted tabby looking cat and has the bicolored striped whiskers.

Sky is grey, tan, and white with white on his face and he has white whiskers.

My RB Pepper was a black cat and he had black whiskers.

kitten645
02-23-2005, 03:15 AM
Calvin-all black-black whiskers
Hobbes-all black-black whiskers except two white ones right next to each other. I'll have to try to get a picture of them.

Does anyone else collect found whiskers from around the house? I do and keep them in a box.

Claudia

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-23-2005, 04:07 AM
Maya: calico- white whiskers

Inka: tabby & white - white whiskers

Rb-Sydney: black - black whiskers

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Tubby had all black whiskers except one white one. Just the opposite of Dylan and PB & Stubby! ;) :D I was going to post a pic but Imagestation isn't letting me in for some reason - drat! This whisker would fall out now and then, but would always grow back....in the same place.

Peanut and Cracker Jack both have white whiskers. I haven't noticed any black ones on Peanut, but now I'll have to look since she does have some black hair in her....

So to answer the question, yes, my kitties follow suit. :D

RedHedd
02-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by kitten645
Does anyone else collect found whiskers from around the house? I do and keep them in a box. Yup -- here is the start of my Mishi whisker collection, which I now keep in a box that Sirrahbed sent me:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid125/p5e174f148e8fe8ff09e1636c5e442655/f7f9faf2.jpg
I've added to my collection since this pic was taken.

Freckles
02-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Yes, calico Freckles has white whiskers.:)

No, I don't collect whiskers.:D

QueSarah
02-23-2005, 01:14 PM
i swear peanut butter is dodgers hairy twin! he has one black whisker too...only i dont remember it always being there.

catland
02-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Jan and Strauss are both grey tuxies and both with white whiskers.

Sid the tabby has multi-colored whiskers.

Joxer - my all grey boy with just one dot of white on his belly, grey whiskers.

Twink
02-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Barli (orange/buff w/ white on his belly, feetsies and chin) has all white whiskers. Rizzo (brown tabby w/ small white bib) has about an equal amount of short black whiskers and long white ones. This is an interesting thread!! :D