PDA

View Full Version : I'm new, saying hello and trying to put up a few pics as well!!

elminster20
02-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Well, I'm new here, thought I'd introduce myself to everyone here and talk about my boys!!!! I have two cats, Bobbie is 9 1/2 months old (pure white), and Donnie is 9 months old (pure white with a little grey on his head). I adopted them a month ago after they'd been in the shelter for four months. They're both neutered, and because they'd been in the shelter for so long, and the woman who'd given them to the shelter had asked that they be adopted out together, I got them in a kind of two for one deal, so I used the extra money to buy them more toys!!!! I've had cats all my life and couldn't be without them. These guys are great!!!!!!! I've never had two cats before so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, but for now, bye!!!!

jazzcat
02-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Hi and Welcome to PT!!!

Bobbie and Donnie are gorgeous. Sounds like they're lucky boys to have been adopted by you.

I have 5 cats and a dog as you can see in my signature below. I adopted my two kittens, Rocky and Rumor, from another PT member, Kimlovescats. They are just over 6 1/2 months old now.

I look forward to seeing and hearing more about your handsome boys.

Shady
02-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Hey a fellow Canadian. :) http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Wave-Hello.gif

Pretty boys, cute pic lol at the outhouse.

I have four, two girls and two boys. The more the merrier. :D

kuhio98
02-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Welcome! Bobbie and Donnie are beautiful boys.
I am currently owned by 3 girls ~ Halo, Cammie and Pepper.
Kuhio was our baby for 17 years and when she passed away, we realized that a house just isn't a home without a cat or 2 or 3 or....

I'm looking forward to hearing more about Bobbie and Donnie and seeing their beautiful pictures, of course! :D

elminster20
02-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the kind words all!!!! I dream of one day having a whole ....... ummm, what do you call a large group of cats?.... Whatever it is, 5 or 6 sounds about right.

catnapper
02-22-2005, 05:45 PM
5 or 6 sounds like a small herd of cats around here! LOL... many have cats in the double digits! :D I had 6 cats running around here til this weekend when they both went to new homes (I foster for the local cat rescue)

Welcome, my name is Kim and have 4 cats... Allen is the odlest at almost 4 years. Then Pouncer will be 2 in May. Harry and Abby are foster kittens that just never left. They'll be 8 months old soon. I also have a big dog who is a sweetheart and lets the cats rule the roost.

You'll find that two cats are more fun than one... and pretty soon you'll be up to that 5 or 6 number!

catlover4ever
02-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Well Hello and Welcome to Pet Talk. My name is Meg and I have 4 girls (Tigger, Tucker, Mystic and Gracie) and 3 boys (Smokey, Abner and Gabriel) and they are all pictured in my signature below.

Gracie and Gabriel are my newest additions and they are both special needs kitties as Gabriel can only see slight shadows and Gracie only has sight in one of her eyes. They are both 7 months old.

Donnie and Bobbie are absolutely magnificant looking. I can not wait to see more photos and hear more about the both of them.

Again welcome to PT. --- Meg

jenluckenbach
02-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Hello and welcome. YES! Your 2 will soon lead you to an entire clowder of cats (like mine???) :o

I just love white cats and your boys are no excepton. MORE!!!! Pictures.

doolittleky
02-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Hi,
You boys are beautiful! Donnie reminds me of my Josh(hopefully a pic will be attached) I am fairly new here too. I have 12 cats, two dogs and a bunny. Can't wait to see more pics of your boys!
Melissa

CalliesMom
02-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Hey! Your kitties are gorgeous. My name is Sarah and I am owned by three nawtee kitties Callie, Whisper and Shadow (in my siggy) and their shelled brother Kahn. :)

RedHedd
02-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Welcome to PT and as you've probably learned by now, here in the Cat community more is always better. I'm Georgia, owned by two furries- Mishi (my big orange Maine Coon dude) and little Mitzi, my small, round calico cutie. Your two are a pair of cuties and we look forward to seeing more of them and hearing about their antics.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
02-22-2005, 06:26 PM
a happy welcome to you:D you will enjoy it here..everyone seems to be very nice:) . I visit many times a day, as I am sure you will start to do too! always remember we here like lots of pictures:D

Jayna78
02-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Welcome to PT forums. It's fun here - kind of addictive, unfortunately. Everybody is so friendly.

I love my 4 cats - In Oct 2002, we got the one that we raised from kittenhood (1.5 lbs, about 4-6 weeks old when we took him in - he was a stray), and now he's 2.5 years old and 15 lbs - after so much fun with the one, we adopted another one to keep him company - a girl in May 2003 that was only 5 months old at the time. That was it for a while - we thought 2 was great. Then we got in the bad habit of going to PetSmart for food, etc., and looking at the kitties there to see how they were doing, who was adopted, etc., and that's how we met and adopted our Leo, who was between 1-2 years old at the time, in April 2004, and our Claudia, who was 1 year old (supposedly - I think she'll always be part-kitten, the way she acts), in late June 2004. We like having even numbers - 2 boys, 2 girls.

As you can see, 1 cat quickly turns into 2, which turns into 4. I think that's it for us, but we love our kitties! My mom had one cat from the time he was a kitten in 11/03, and we helped her adopt a friend for him in 12/04 - they're just now getting to a state of friendliness/normalcy (whatever that is for a cat), but I think everybody should at least have a couple! :)

Cosmicat
02-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk elminster20!!:)

catcrazylady
02-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Welcome aboard!! Your boys are incredibly handsome! We will be glad to hear stories and see lots of pictures of those two!
My name is Lisa but they call me CCL for catcrazylady. I have twelve furry felines that let me live here with them. You can see them below.
I can promise you if you stick around here you probably won't be the meowmie of two for long. Something happens to people who join PT. I swore I would never go into the double digits but as soon as I came here I crossed over pretty quickly!!!:D :D :D

wolflady
02-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Welcome to PT!! You're off to a great start with picture posting already! ;) LOL We just love pictures here and your new additions are quite handsome! Congratulations on your "two for one deal"! :D
I just love white cats...you'll never want to be without one:)

My name is Karen and I have 3 kitties and 1 doggie that you can see in my signature.

**hugs**

QueenScoopalot
02-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Welcome to PT! I am owned by many (mostly special needs kitties as seen below). And a number of 'normal' ones..and then fosters to top that off! Not to mention the 3 dogs, the iguana, etc. Your Bobbie and Donnie are such handsome cats...aren't you glad you adopted both? :confused: :) :D Can't wait to see more pictures of them. :) Jan

sirrahbed
02-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Welcome to PT!! My name is Debbie. I agree with what Jayna said about this place being addictive - I think because it is so friendly and such fun to see the beautiful pets and read about their adventures.

Donnie and Bobbie are gorgeous cats and look like they are great buddies! I am so glad you took them both so they could stay together!!

My five are below in my siggy picture. I came here with two kitties (Emily & Eliot) The last of our geriatrics had died and like you, I was looking at PetsMart and there were two babies that were siblings and had to go as a 2 for 1 deal:p I had never HAD babies before so that was great fun. My special friend and heart kitty who died was an orangie and I LOVE that color - so before long - about a year actually, I adopted my big ole Dylan. This past fall, I went with Lori (jazzcat) and also adopted two babies from kimlovescats and that would be Robbie and Lizzie. They are now 6 months old. We drove from Ohio, through Kentucky to meet with CCL, to TN to meet Jazzcat and then on to meet Kim!! Kim runs a rescue from her home called Cats4Keeps.

Anyway - I hope you check in at least once a day (or ALL day if you can:D ) and post more pictures of your white sweeties!!

Laura's Babies
02-22-2005, 07:36 PM
I think all kitties should be adopted in pairs and I am so glad that didn't stop you from adopting them when they said they had to go together.. Your babies are beautiful and I can't wait to see more of them and hear their stories.

I am owned by my four, Chester, the house protector and the girls, Giz, Samantha and Amy.. Amy is my special needs little girl. (to read up on what she and some of what Queenscoopalot babies have see Amy thread posted yesterday)

rg_girlca
02-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Hi and welcome to Pet Talk.

Your Bobbie and Donnie are such gorgeous cats.
Bless you for keeping them together.

I know you are going to love it here and looking forward to hearing more about you and your kitties.:)

Oggyflute
02-22-2005, 11:15 PM
G'day & welcome. Nice kids. :D

krazyaboutkatz
02-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Hi and welcome to PT.:D Both of your cats are so handsome and I'm glad that you were able to adopt both of them. I'm owned by 4 male cats which you can see my avatar and signature picture. I look forward to hearing about and seeing more of your cats.:)

MULTICATMOM
02-23-2005, 08:11 AM
THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT GREY! THOSE HANDSOME KITTYS LOOK LIKE IDENTICAL LITTERMATES:eek: :eek:
2 CATS? I PREDICT MORE...
I'VE 6;) DOWN FROM 8... 2 BOYS NOSEY & DOM AKA MY FAT CAT!
4 GIRLS JAS, HER GIRL FUZZY, DAISY & SUNSHINE AKA SUNNY.
INTRODUCED HERE BY KIM (KLC), I'M ADDICTED! MY SISTER CALLS THIS "CAT CHAT"....:D :cool: :D

Rie Rie
02-23-2005, 08:47 AM
Welcome to PT. I am fairly new here to, kind of sorta. I've been visiting the sight for quite a while, but just joined recently. I am owned by one cat, Annie, that I too hand raised from about 2 weeks of age, she will be 5 in Aug. I also have a dog, Sparky.

catmandu
02-23-2005, 08:53 AM
And Donnie,Bobby,andyou all get the Official Found Cat Big MMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW,and a Greeting,to PetTalk,where All Pets Rule,and some,of the Finest People,that the Good Lord,put on this Earth,come,to discuss,the Pets,that they love,and mean,so much,to us all.

GraciesMommy
02-23-2005, 01:32 PM
Very nice...and welcome to PT

rosethecopycat
02-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Welcome to PT.

Your boys are gorgeous. Thanks for being so sensitivve about keeping them together. It can mean a great deal to them.:) and help them to be well adjusted.

My kitties are below.

I am a foster for Siamese Rescue too.

See you soon...

NKBurlington
02-23-2005, 01:43 PM
Oh my! They are beautifl!

QueSarah
02-23-2005, 01:59 PM
Welcome welcome..I'm new too:) but i love coming in here and seeing all these happy babies and reading what they're up to....BEAUTIFUL white cats!!!!1 When I first decided to get a cat I wanted a pure white one who'd wear a studded collar and I'd call her Roxy...but I found Dodger....whos paper said cream, but has darken to a light orange (i still can see the almost white on his belly a little though) An Teirza came next but she's only about a third pure white lol.