PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Thread!

petslover
02-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Hey American Idol Fans! I think we should all use a thread just for that purpose.

Who did you think did the best last night?

I think Bo Bice did wonderful. I liked his performance the best. Although, I liked Scott,Mario,Judd, and Anthony's as well.

Who do you think is going home on Wednesday out of the guys?

I think it's going to be Jared and Travis.

cookieluver7
02-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Shoot, I missed most of American Idol last night. :( But I saw Mario's performance and I thought he was really good. Also, I remembered, oh, I can't think of his name. He was a music teacher, but I remember he was real good.

I don't like any of the rock and roll people. Like Bo Bice or any of the rock and roll people. Scott's not my favorite either.

I wonder what will happen with the girls tonight!!!

aly
02-22-2005, 06:03 PM
I think Jared and Constantine might go home. Although I wish Jonathan was leaving.

I really thought last night's show was GREAT! These are the best guys yet! I love Mario and Judd. I thought Bo was pretty good too.

prechrswife
02-22-2005, 06:18 PM
I think Bo and Anwar did the best last night. I agree that Jared and Constantine might go home. That's a shame, too, because I have liked Constantine from the start. He just didn't do very well last night. On another note, so far I like the new format.

buckner
02-22-2005, 06:19 PM
I thought Bo did the best, but I LOVE both Constantine and Bo... I must have something for rockers. ;)

aly
02-22-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm loving the girls (watching it now). GO CARRIE! She did awesome! She's been one of my favorites since her very first audition.

manda_moo87
02-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by aly
GO CARRIE! She did awesome! She's been one of my favorites since her very first audition.

I love her too. Her voice is so beautiful, she's so talented! I hope she makes it all the way. :)

sirrahbed
02-22-2005, 09:24 PM
I missed the girls!:rolleyes:

I heard that several of them liked country western music - did any of them sing country??? If so, what did they sing and who???

Thanks!!

prechrswife
02-23-2005, 04:21 PM
I like Carrie, too. I also thought Nadia was good. I have a difficult time understanding what the judges see in Mikalah, though.

Debbie, to answer your question, Carrie has a very country style, but if I'm remembering correctly, I don't think the song that she sang last night was originally a country song. It still worked well for her, though.

petslover
02-23-2005, 05:18 PM
I like Carrie and Nadia too. I think they both did a really good job.
I thought Janay did a good job, although you could tell she was very nervous.

I think Melinda and Amanda are going home tonight!

cookieluver7
02-23-2005, 05:30 PM
I like Carrie also. My friend and I think she is one of the best. I can't wait to see who stays and who goes tonight! :D

aly
02-23-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm really not ready to see ANY of the girls kicked off yet. I think they all deserve another chance. If I had to pick, I hope Janay and Vonzell go home tonight.

Shelteez2
02-23-2005, 06:29 PM
I love Travis.... but that has nothing to do with his singing...LOL

I think Scott might go home (that's the bigger guy right?).
I'm also not a fan of the rocker guys.

I watched the girls yesterday and I couldn't remember half of them. LOL I was like I don't remember her...

I like the sassy 16 year old (totally having a brain fart in regards to her name LOL) up 'til last night. I didn't like her performance last night at all. Carrie is really really good. I'm rooting for her. I also really like Nadia.

This is the first time I've ever watched American Idol, I'm not much of a tv watcher. It will be interesting to see who goes home tonight.

pitc9
02-23-2005, 07:32 PM
I never remember their names...:o But I LOVED the last guy that sang the other night. The girls... there were a few I liked, and a few I could do without ever hearing again!! I'll have to start writing names down now so you all know who I'm talking about!:D

swimma253
02-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by aly
I'm really not ready to see ANY of the girls kicked off yet. I think they all deserve another chance. If I had to pick, I hope Janay and Vonzell go home tonight.

Really? Vonzell was my Favorite! I loved her style! I dont remember the other girls name... but she has an afro... :D She was my other favorite. :p

Jayna78
02-24-2005, 02:10 AM
...has that country style (that's what she was doing in the preliminary rounds), but on Tuesday night, she performed "Could've Been", which if I remember correctly, was first sung/popularized by Tiffany in the 1980s. It was a beautiful ballad, and Carrie did it so well.

I also loved Nadia. The rest of the girls on Tuesday night were somewhat forgettable. I wish they'd all stop singing such karaoke-like ballads. Upbeat is a good thing sometimes, as long as you pick the right song. My husband and I are musicians, so we are extra picky and most of the time completely agree with Simon - his comments, though they may be framed in a rude way sometimes, are most always dead-on, music and performance-wise. He was right about Mikalah from Las Vegas too - she's going to annoy a lot of people, and also endear a lot of people - personality does go a long way, but she goofs a little too much and needs to settle down when she sings.

As for the boys, well, I was glad the rockers stayed, as well as Nico Smith (son of Ozzie Smith, a former St. Louis Cardinal). A lot of those guys were boring and "safe" in their songs too. I hate when they pick the same songs year after year. What they did to Judd on Wednesday's results show was absolutely deplorable, though. They did the normal hemming and hawing and stretching the show out to be an hour when it could be done in 5-15 minutes, but they really went too far when doing the eliminations of the guys. They eliminated the one (Jared), and then later, when it was the boys' turn again, they made the front row, which included Judd, who stood up and faced possible elimination in the first go-round, relax, because "they were safe". They did the back row, and all 6 turned out to be safe. Then it was like, "Who's eliminated?" It was Judd! After going through it in the first round and being "safe" during the second round. Each year, I think they go farther and farther beyond reason and tact when it comes to these stupid results shows! Yikes!

I usually just tape and FFWD through b/c most of the show is useless recapping and commercials - I'm there for the singing and hearing the contestants respond to questions.

aly
02-24-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by swimma253
Really? Vonzell was my Favorite! I loved her style! I dont remember the other girls name... but she has an afro... :D She was my other favorite. :p

Oh I like Vonzell too! I just didn't want anyone else to go home. I was SO SAD for Sarah! I think she deserved another chance *sniff sniff*

Nadia is the one with the afro. She's my second favorite! Love her!

aly
02-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Jayna78

.... and most of the time completely agree with Simon - his comments, though they may be framed in a rude way sometimes, are most always dead-on, music and performance-wise.

I also agree with most of what Simon says. I just think he needs to learn about tact :) These are young people going through an exhausting, stressful, emotional adventure on national television and he should keep that in mind.

Originally posted by Jayna78

What they did to Judd on Wednesday's results show was absolutely deplorable, though.

OMG! I AGREE! It was terrrrrrrrible. He handled it with class though. What a wonderful guy. I absolutely loved Judd, he was one of my favorites. I thought he'd go much further.

lisalee
02-24-2005, 02:29 PM
I've been enjoying American Idol, it's funny I never thought I would like it and this is the first year I've watched it and it's pretty good. I too like Carrie............ so far.

petslover
03-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Hey ya'll!!

I think Nikko and Anthony did the best last night! I really enjoyed their performances.

The two that I think are going home are Anwar and David!

How about ya'll?

petslover
03-01-2005, 10:08 PM
My favorites tonight were Lindsey and Jessica. I think they did fantastic. They were extremely good.

The ones I think that are going home are Janay and Aloha.

prechrswife
03-02-2005, 11:05 AM
I still like Bo on the guys' side and Carrie on the girls'. Carrie didn't do quite as well last night, though. As for who is going home, I never guess correctly. I think probably David and Joseph for the guys and Janay and either Lindsey or Aloha for the girls will be sent home.

pitc9
03-10-2005, 03:27 PM
I had to bring this thread back because I am sooooo mad that Nikko got kicked off last night!!! OMG!!!!!!!

I'm from Cleveland and should have been all for Scott, but Nikko was faaaaaaar better than Scott.

Oh my.... I was so upset last night!

I love Mario and Jessica!

tatsxxx11
03-10-2005, 03:41 PM
I too was shocked that Nikko got the boot, Angie!:( He's been fabulous! Wonder if they're bringing back the "wild card" this year; where the judges call back 2 voted off to join the final 12? Maybe he'll be back!:) Me, I'm for Anway all the way! Handsome, so gentle and true and he's got the best voice of all, I think!:)

petslover
03-10-2005, 04:48 PM
I agree Nikko was really good. I was surprised to see him go. I figured he will be the wild card too.

The top 12, in my opinion is the strongest they have ever had. well except for two , Constantine and Mikalah.

cookieluver7
03-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Oh my gosh I know, it shouldn't have been Nikko off. I wasn't a fan of Scott and I was hoping that he would be going home along with Travis. I want Bo and Constantine off.

As for the girls, I think Makayla Gordan should be going home, I really do NOT like her. I actually voted for Carrie because I think she was so great! This season's American Idol sure has lots of good people in it!

aly
03-10-2005, 05:20 PM
I agree that this season has the strongest group of contestants so far - especially the guys!

I was almost in tears last night when Nikko got kicked off. He is WAY better than Scott and Constantine especially. I actually think he's better than all of them. I really like Mario as well because he's so entertaining. I loved Travis because he seems like he has a good heart and took even the harsh criticism with a smile and a good attitude.

On the girls side, I really like Carrie and Nadia. I enjoy Mikalah too just because she's so nutty. I can't wait to see how she does when they start the themes next week.

Samantha Puppy
03-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Next week starts the theme weeks so there won't be a wildcard like last year. If that was the case, that's what they'd be doing next week - bringing back the 4 from each episode that got kicked off for one more chance - but they're not. This 12 is it.

I like Scott and I am glad he got through out of him, Travis and Nikko. I would've rather seen Constantine out and Nikko in though.

As for the girls, I think the two weakest are Mikalah (she's so freakin' annoying and her lips look like she's been having collagen injections since birth!!) and Lindsey. The rest of them, I think it's anyone's to lose... but I'm pulling for Carrie. I like Jessica too, when she isn't letting her boobs loose on national TV. :rolleyes:

pitc9
03-14-2005, 08:29 AM
I heard on the news this morning that Mario has quit the show for personal reasons:( I loved him....:(

But the good news???

NIKKO'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Oh I can't WAIT till tomorrow!!!!

petslover
03-14-2005, 10:20 AM
yeah Mario did quit. It was on the American Idol website. Nikko is taking his place. YAY!

Samantha Puppy
03-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by pitc9
I heard on the news this morning that Mario has quit the show for personal reasons:( I loved him....:(
I heard that he quit because he didn't want to sign a 5-year contract for if he won. I don't know if that's the truth and I'm reserving judgement for if the public ever knows but if it IS the truth, it's BS. For a sick family member or something, fine. But he knew going into this that he'd have to sign this contract so one can only think that he was confident enough to know he'd get this far, get some publicity and then bolt... which is wrong.

He would've easily made it into the top 3. What a dope.

aly
03-14-2005, 04:45 PM
I heard about Mario on the news yesterday. Since Mario and Nikko were my two favorites, I am both disappointed and happy. I am SOOOOOOO GLAD Nikko is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh4Colts
03-14-2005, 08:02 PM
I heard on a different site, this is just what i heard, but they said that he and anwar are gay and that Mario wanted to be openly gay and the producers wouldn't let him so he quit.

aly
03-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Josh4Colts
I heard on a different site, this is just what i heard, but they said that he and anwar are gay and that Mario wanted to be openly gay and the producers wouldn't let him so he quit.

I doubt thats true because if he wanted to be openly gay, then he would have given that as the reason he quit.

He's been very mysterious about it all in his interviews. I really hope that it isn't because he wants a record deal with another label. I would be SOOOO mad if I were that last guy that didn't get to make it into the semifinals. Look how many people who are dying to be in Mario's place and he gave it away. His own mother said that she wasn't sure why so I imagine it has to be something stupid like a record deal.

Jayna78
03-16-2005, 02:39 AM
So glad that Nikko got to come back into the competition, since he is from St. Louis also! :) He is the son of Ozzie Smith, a former St. Louis Cardinals shortstop that I loved watching as I grew up in Southern Illinois.

Anyway, how did everyone think everyone did tonight? My favorites were Anwar, Bo, Constantine, Nadia, Nikko and Carrie. There was a lot of pitchiness going around, but those were the top 6 in my opinion. There are a few that I could just do without.

Samantha Puppy
03-16-2005, 06:04 AM
I liked Scott, Nadia, Carrie, Anthony, Bo, Constantine and Nikko. I am really hoping Mikalah gets the boot tonight, I do NOT think she has a good voice (she sounds like the mother from "Family Guy") at all. I think it'll be either Lindsey or Jessica though.

pitc9
03-31-2005, 07:31 AM
I've lost all hope in America!!!!!

I am still in shock this morning that Jessica got kicked off last night. She was one of the best!
:( :( :mad: :mad:

RobiLee
03-31-2005, 12:28 PM
Oh, I'm disappointed also Angie. I thought Jessica was good and had a great voice. She was really on her game on that last song. I knew it would be her though. I think people just have their favorites and they don't care if their fav sings good or not that night. The are still going to vote for them. That to me is the sad part.

petslover
03-31-2005, 12:33 PM
I was shocked to see Jessica go too. She had a great voice. I think Vonzell has been the underdog that is now shining! I been voting for her the last few weeks. Although, I think at the end it is going to be Bo Vs. Carrie!

Samantha Puppy
03-31-2005, 12:33 PM
Eh, she was okay. It didn't bother me that she got booted. I thought it was going to be Anthony but he seems to have a big fanbase of teeny-bopper girls out there voting for him. He should be soon though.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of Anwar. Before the judges even commented on his (HORRIBLE) job Tuesday night, I told my husband that he sucks for 99% of the song and sings the last note really well but that doesn't make an American Idol. I almost fell off the couch when Randy AND Simon said just that moments later!

Oh, and Paul is on crack. Her reactions, her comments, everything is just weird now. She's always been a little kooky but never flat-out freaky like now! :eek:

aly
03-31-2005, 12:43 PM
I really didn't care for Jessica. She could sing, but she was very boring and not likable at all. I would take Mikalah over her any day! My favorites are Carrie, Nadia, Nikko, and Vonzell. I didn't like Vonzell initially, but she has been awesome lately! I REALLY loved her last week when she sang 'Best of My Love'. She really came alive and had fun. Carrie would be an awesome pop/country singer. Nikko and Nadia are really entertaining for me to watch as well. Even when Nadia did that Cindi Lauper song with the mohawk that the judged hated, I loved it.

Time for Anthony or Constantine to GO! Constantine really freaks me out. I hate how he looks at the camera, yikes!

RobiLee
03-31-2005, 01:02 PM
Aly, I can't believe you said that! Mikalah :eek: . Oh gosh, I can't stand her...lol. I liked her in the beginning because I thought she was funny, but now she is down right annoying and she can't sing at all! I really like Nadia. I think she is a true performer. She just seems to have the all around package.

jazzcat
03-31-2005, 01:04 PM
Anthony so needs to go. He's like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard to me. His voice is in a range I can't stand so he sounds out of tune the whole time he sings. Same with Anwar. I loved him at first but he's been bad lately. That guy Scott - the gangster wanna be - can leave too.

Carrie can sing, but I think she has major attitude and sounds too country. She belongs on Nashville Star, not American Idol.

I hope Bo wins.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-31-2005, 02:01 PM
Bo and Constantine!

:D:D:D:D

petslover
03-31-2005, 02:01 PM
What has Carrie done to have an attitude? I hadn't see that side of her.

Samantha Puppy
03-31-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by petslover
What has Carrie done to have an attitude? I hadn't see that side of her. Me either. I'm hoping she'll win. A top three with her, Bo and Nadia would be awesome.

aly
03-31-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
Aly, I can't believe you said that! Mikalah :eek: . Oh gosh, I can't stand her...lol. I liked her in the beginning because I thought she was funny, but now she is down right annoying and she can't sing at all! I really like Nadia. I think she is a true performer. She just seems to have the all around package.

Hehe, you're right she can't sing too well. But she was so entertaining. I think she'd be a great actress. She should go on Fran Drescher's new show and play her daughter!

Lori - I SO agree with what you said about Anthony. My boyfriend and I cover our ears when he sings.

jazzcat
03-31-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by petslover
What has Carrie done to have an attitude? I hadn't see that side of her.
Just the way she comes across to me. It's not fair to judge her like that but there is just something about her I can't put my finger on. It seems like I can see her ego inflate with every praise from the judges. My husband says it's because she has thin lips. He says I think every female with thin lips has attitude - guess I have a problem.:p

Anyway, I do think she can sing I just don't like country music much and I feel she's in the wrong contest.

Aly - glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way about Anthony. Hubby kind of likes him because he reminds him of Dennis DeYoung from the band Styx.:rolleyes:

pitc9
03-31-2005, 02:53 PM
When Anthony sings... that's when I let the dogs outside so I don't have to hear him (try to) sing. :p :D :p

Nadia is a good performer, but she is not all that good of a singer. I'm sure she won't be around for very long, she's been in the bottom three for the past few weeks!

I guess I'll be voting for Nikko now since Jessica is gone....:( :(

Aly... you make me laugh!! Mikalah over Jessica?!?
I'd take William Hung over Mikalah!!
:D :D

aly
03-31-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by pitc9

Aly... you make me laugh!! Mikalah over Jessica?!?
I'd take William Hung over Mikalah!!
:D :D

Well.. if you really want to laugh, I'll tell you I BAWLED like a big fat baby when Mikalah left the show. She was just always so cheerful and took criticism from Simon very well. Then her little farewell tape was so sweet. She's likable to me as a person. I do think she should be on the Starlet though and not American Idol. She'd be a much better actress. I knew she was going to leave last week though, so I voted for her 30 times! HAH! ;)

Toby's my baby
03-31-2005, 07:25 PM
I didnt care to much for Mikalah either, girls that sing country, (sorry, I am a country fan) I also really like the girl that usually wears her hair currly, and she looks like the girl off of American Dreams, anyways, thats who I want to win ;)

pitc9
03-31-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by aly
Well.. if you really want to laugh, I'll tell you I BAWLED like a big fat baby when Mikalah left the show.

I can't laugh... I know I cried last season when someone I loved got kicked off early... I can't remember who it was, but I know I cried too!! :o :D

She was just always so cheerful and took criticism from Simon very well.

VERY true!! I thought the funniest thing she said to him once was that if she got kicked off, he had to go to her prom with her!

krazyaboutkatz
03-31-2005, 11:48 PM
This is the first American Idol that I've watched faithfully from the beginning and I'm really enjoying it.:D I think that they'll all very talented but my favorites are Bo, Constatine, Nadia, and Carrie.:D

aly
04-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Hey, did you guys hear about Scott? He has been arrested before for domestic violence .. but he accepted a plea and they reduced the charge to disorderly conduct, which is a misdemeanor.

The Idol producers aren't going to kick him off the show (like they did in the past with Frenchie and Corey). The producers said since Scott was up front about it and regretted it... and since it was a misdemeanor, that he could stay on the show. Corey was not up front about it initially.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0331051_american_idol_scott_1.html