PDA

View Full Version : SAHARA, the movie.

RICHARD
02-22-2005, 03:46 PM
I NEVER get excited about movie trailers, especially about books that are made into movies.

I am excited about Sahara.

I am a huge Clive Cussler fan.

He writes a great action/history story. His main character is the "Kill the bad guy, get a scratch and get the woman" kinda dude.
In this movie, catching Penelope Cruz soesn't sound too bad!;) The twists at the end of his novels are alot of fun, interesting, and make you wonder about the "real" historical facts.

Altho I'm not a huge Matthew McConaughey fan I really am looking forward to seeing this movie. I know I'll be disappointed, but Cussler's books are fun to read, historically interesting and hard to put down.

Now, if I can make it until april 8th.

:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :mad:

Vermontcat
02-23-2005, 07:52 AM
Richard, my husband is also a Clive Cussler fan and he wants to see the movie.
The thing he doesn't like about the movie is the sidekick character is all wrong, it should be more of a Vin Diesel type.
Here is a photo of Matt from the movie that may get more people to look at this thread.;)
Matt M (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0318649/sahara2.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=McConaughey,%20Matthew)

RICHARD
02-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
Richard, my husband is also a Clive Cussler fan and he wants to see the movie.
The thing he doesn't like about the movie is the sidekick character is all wrong, it should be more of a Vin Diesel type.
Here is a photo of Matt from the movie that may get more people to look at this thread.;)
Matt M (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0318649/sahara2.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=McConaughey,%20Matthew)

Yes, Tell your hubby that the sidekick, Al Giordano, is cast wrong....

Where are the P Cruz pictures????;)

RICHARD
02-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Penelope opts for the hairy look

Penelope Cruz says she grew so much body hair for her latest film no one recognised her.

She stopped shaving her arms and legs to play a destitute nurse in Don't Move reports The Sun.

Penelope said: "I wanted to see how people who look at me. Nobody recognised me. They are hiding that they are looking because they are embarrassed for you.

"I liked the experience."

Penelope is dating Matthew McConaughey.
----------------------------

Poor Matt.:rolleyes: :D :eek: :confused:

RICHARD
02-28-2005, 02:07 PM
http://entimg.msn.com/i/gal/2005_Oscars_Arrivals/PenelopeCruz_273x400.jpg

Ms. Cruz...

How come we don't have a lecherous smilie here???:eek:

Vermontcat
02-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Richard, I did get both of your PM's.
Sorry I didn't answer them, you and another Pet Talker filled up my PM box and I have been too busy to clean it out.
My husband said he hasn't read those other books by that other author.
I personally prefer reading Stephen King books myself.

It looks like you are quite the P. Cruz fan Richard.
I will probably go see Sahara with my husband when it's in the theater, but P. Cruz won't be the one that I will be watching.;)

RICHARD
02-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat

It looks like you are quite the P. Cruz fan Richard.

Cruz is a nice looking gal.
She's just my "flavor of the week"..

Susan Hayward, any time!!!!;)

DeMille co-wrote a book called MAYDAY!, It's not a King book, but if you happen to fly alot, it's a CAR WRECK!:eek: