PDA

View Full Version : Cut off from the world!

4 feline house
10-17-2001, 12:08 PM
Our phone and DSL line have been out since Saturday after a big storm, and won't be fixed until tonight (maybe, that's if they don't have to order a part, etc or whatever they do to fix phone lines these days) and we are not allowed to surf, even on break, at work, so I have not been able to get my Pettalk fix in a long time, now! I have snuck on at work to take a peek at how much catching up to do, and I can see it may take days! Well, I gotta go before I get caught! Hope to see y'all soon!

Logan
10-17-2001, 12:15 PM
What a pain, Leah!! Hope you can get back on the "right" way soon! Don't want you getting in trouble at work! LOL! That's the good thing about working at home!! :D

Stenograsaurus
10-17-2001, 01:19 PM
Oh, don't lose your job over this. I know I had spent so much time on here that I heard people talking about it. That's when I decided to ease up a bit. We can't afford to take care of our babies if we lose our job!!!!

Daisy's Mom
10-17-2001, 07:29 PM
That must be so horrible! I hope everything gets back up and running soon! I wouldn't be able to survive!

Eudora
10-18-2001, 06:05 AM
oh-me too. the traffic was so heavy that the broadband line jammed for two days and I was at the com for five hours trying to play catch-up. I think my eyes may have turned squarish by now.... my fingers are worn down to stumps clicking and typing. Finally i got hungry so i stopped. hope you can surf again soon, i noe i would want to.

4 feline house
10-22-2001, 09:03 PM
I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!! Finally told SBC which lake to jump into and fixed it myself!!! Now, I see I have ALOT of catching up to do! I even see lots of new members! Gosh, y'all don't know how much I've missed y'all!

Pam
10-22-2001, 09:06 PM
I was wondering where you were! :confused:

zippy-kat
10-22-2001, 09:53 PM
Welcome back!!

gini
10-23-2001, 01:27 AM
I wondered where you were too. Glad that you are back. Boy, do you have a lot of reading to do!!!

purrley
10-23-2001, 06:47 AM
I was just thinking just yesterday - wonder where 4 feline is - welcome back!!!!

thelmalu99
10-23-2001, 11:10 AM
Welcome back!!
I have been so busy at work that I haven't been able to "hang" as much as I usually do, either. It's just awful!

AdoreMyDogs
10-23-2001, 02:24 PM
Welcome back! I nearly pulled my hair out for the week that I was not able to get on at work, and my DSL was not yet installed at my house last month! I am glad to have you back :) So which lake did you tell SBC to jump in? Hehehe...your posts make me laugh :D

karen israel
10-23-2001, 03:20 PM
Boy Leah! Do I know first hand what you went through! I only had the computer at work
to check PetTalk, so when I was on Family Leave 4 weeks, man oh man! I was going through withdrawal! THEN it took me days to catch up! I'd come to work at 7a for private time. I finally got a home PC so it's better, but if you lose 1day( :eek: ) you lose ALOT!
Anyway!! missed you and the jumping kittie!!
PLEASEdon't be like ME and live without a home computer. I was soooo out of the loop!

Daisy's Mom
10-23-2001, 04:47 PM
Welcome back!

4 feline house
10-24-2001, 08:56 PM
Thanks everyone! Well, after catching up I think I have figured out why my computer ran amok..............

Eudora
10-25-2001, 08:39 AM
Welcome back! What exactly was wrong with your computer anyways? Mine is cranky all the time and the line's jammed when I need it. Maybe yours had an exceptionally long temper tantrum.

4 feline house
10-25-2001, 09:55 PM
Eudora, somehow the registry key governing the winsock2 got corrupted, and I had to rip and reinstall all my adapters and protocols to let the registry reset and extract new winsock dll files from the cabs. Aren't you glad you asked now? ;)

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: 4 feline house ]