PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever see things that upset you?

Jadapit
02-22-2005, 11:32 AM
I try to take my fur kids out walking everyday. We do have a fenced yard but it's not the biggest yard in the world and both my dogs are real high engery so I feel better when I walk them and it's good for me too.;)

We walk down this one street and I swear it should be called kennel street. It seems like most the dogs are stuck in kennels. Most of them are labs. This one house has at least 4 dogs in one small kennel and every time I see them I want to cry.:( They have to be so miserable living like that. I always wonder if their owners ever let them out to run. I just dont understand why people get dogs if they are just going to put them in a kennel and ignore them!:mad:

I was just wondering if you all ever see stuff like. It really gets to me. I think the owners should be thrown in a kennel for awhile so they can see what it feels like. I do NOT understand people sometimes!! Thanks for letting me vent.

aly
02-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Yes, it happens to me all the time. I hate seeing dead animals on the road, and even worse, animals that are being neglected and/or mistreated in their homes. I cry and cry and can't ever get certain images out of my head. It is so horrible :(

I'm sorry you had to see all that. I know how you feel.

kt_luvs_kitties
02-22-2005, 01:14 PM
I hate seeing the dead animals also:(
I always see owners taking 2-4 dogs out at the time, and then getting mad when they "tangle" up. Like it is the dogs fault:rolleyes:

anna_66
02-22-2005, 09:39 PM
I sure do. I see many dogs in kennels and wonder if they ever get to get out or if they have to stay in there all the time. It just really hurts me. So I know exactly how you feel.

sammy101
02-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Almost of the dogs in my neighborhood,are kept indoors and are loved by their owners.I see dogs that are kept in the backyard,but i know they have shelters,food & water.And they go for walks.:) Theyres none in my neighborhood kept in small kennels,but i have seen it before,and its depressing:( so sad,i know how you feel.

animal_rescue
02-22-2005, 09:56 PM
There's this staffie down the street from me that's always in his kennel, he's such a sweetheart and always left outside! I feel so bad for him, and there's the rescue cases we get such as Essy(if you want to see, look in the Dog House) she just makes me want to cry when I look at her.

wolfsoul
02-22-2005, 11:00 PM
I hardly ever see any physical abuse (hitting, ec). But I see dogs that are kept outside all day very often. There is a little border collie pup that is always outside in it's yard. :( My old neighbor's had a dog that had a horrible ear infection in each ear. It was TERRIBLE. He would scratch his ears and yelp and cry, and they would bleed. I dogsat him a few times and spent the majority of the time trying to clean his ears out. :( He was also shedding like crazy and smelled, and it took hours just to brush him and give him a bath.

chocolatepuppy
02-23-2005, 04:59 AM
Jadapit, I also hate seeing dogs chained up! :mad: Have you ever been here? www.dogsdeservebetter.com ?

BitsyNaceyDog
02-23-2005, 06:09 AM
A house down the road a little used to have a yellow lab that was chained out all day. This is Florida, the temp reaches 95+ in the summer.:mad:
There wasn't even a tree near him to provide shade and their yard was always over grown, they never mowed. We and my neighbors called the city pound all the time to report animal neglect, but then could never do anything. The dog had a dog house for shelter, it was really crappie, but it was a shelter. He usually had water, and when he didn't they were fined. I talked to the animal control worker who came out to check on him and the man said they couldn't do anything because the family kept paying the fines. The dog hasn't been there in over a year or so, I don't know if animal control was finally able to take him or if he passed away. Either way I feel he his better off at RB then tied out in that families yard. They haven't gotten another dog, thank the lord. They are so irresponsible, they haven't even cleaned their yard up from the hurricanes yet.:eek: :mad:

cloverfdx
02-23-2005, 06:59 AM
Unfortunatly yes all the time. The one dog that comes strait to mind is and elderly Border Collie, he never leaves his yard, never goes inside and only has a crappy old dog house/ kennel for shelter *Tears*, he deserves way more than that. The dogs that live next door to my Aunty never go inside, have no shelter and rarely get fed... Animal welfare have done NOTHING :mad:.

I am sorry you see those poor dogs when out walking {{Hugs}}.

:(

I just posted some photos that might cheer you up some, they are of some very happy, much loved dogs.

Logan
02-23-2005, 09:30 AM
We have the greatest situation where we live. On our cul-de-sac (sp?), we only have one neighbor who has pets, and they are spoiled rotten!!! :) I babysit them on occasion and I can promise you that they are well loved Corgis. And as you drive through our neighborhood, you will always see people walking their dogs. There are very few fences due to restrictions and people for the most part are older and retired and those dogs are treated like royalty! It is certainly a welcome relief for me to see that sort of treatment when I know it can and is so much worse in other places.

lute
02-23-2005, 10:51 AM
i saw it a lot in IN, but here i've only see a few.

i hate seeing dogs in kennels and rarely or even never let out for exercise. what i hate more then that is dogs that are on chains! i hate seeing a dog tied to a doghouse or cement block.:( when i was younger i remember we had a beagle/cocker cross that we had on a chain outside. i remember thinking "how would I like to be tied up like that?" she broke loose all the time and was hit by cars twice! the second time she didn't make it.:(

luvofallhorses
02-23-2005, 10:59 AM
I have seen a couple houses away that this puppy I knew from the bus stop outside 24/7 :mad: I mean I wish we had an ASPCA here and investigators to prosecute people to the full extent of the law. But we don't and that dog isn't there anymore, thank god. My mom and I wonder if he died :( then the other day I saw a kid on a bike with his pit bull offleash :mad: I mean don't get me wrong I LOVE pit bulls but that dog could've been hurt going down this busy busy street. Some people just shouldn't have animals at all. :(

senorita02
02-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Jada pit i know how u feel, where i live there is a lot of animal neglect and cruelty, it makes me sick too, and i just cry and pray that all these abused animals, go to the RB and romp.
Last spring i was driving on a Sunday morning and saw a full grown yellow lab, dead on a regular normal street i go down every day, he was just thrown there dead with a orange ribbon on his neck, im sure he was someones animal and someone ran him over the Saturday nite b4 , probably drunk and didnt care, it truly made me sick and i cried.

:( :mad: I know how u feel, but at least we all make our own animals soooo happy and fill there lives with love, it is too bad that others dont get that chance :(

bckrazy
02-23-2005, 01:06 PM
I despise so many people in my neighborhood because of this. They all have plenty of money, huge houses, and huge yards. But many of them keep their dogs in tiny kennels 24/7! Others that I hate even more leave their dogs in the front yard... why?! These people that live over by the lake have a GSD that they always leave out front, when they have a completely big house/yard. The dog runs into the street, chases people, and has already been injured by a car.

When I went to Oregon, I almost died. It was waay worse up there. I saw so many houses with kennels packed with dogs out in the cold, I doubt they were ever walked because they were all going crazy in there :(

cyber-sibes
02-23-2005, 02:38 PM
When we lived in town, nearly everyone on the streets around us had dogs, mostly outside. At least I walked mine everyday, we saw many that never seemed to leave the yard...I felt really bad for a lot of them. our next-door neighbors got a dog (because their kids likes Star so much), but I often felt like kidnapping him for his own good - they constantly yelled at him, I saw the older kids kick him, and they never gave him a decent house or fencing. He was, however, extremely overweight. When he grew up, he'd take off at least once a week - amazingly, that 's when they'd "miss him" and eventually get him back after the dog catcher picked him up. He was the sweetest dog, too, very loyal. We moved almost two years ago, so I don't know whatever happened to him.

Pit Chick
02-23-2005, 04:06 PM
That link that chocolatepuppy posted is a very helpful site Jadapit. It has literature you can print out in letter form to anonymously send to the houses where you see these dogs penned. There is even a door hanger you can print out. When you go to the site and click on the door hanger, go to the very bottom and in small print it gives an option to print the door hanger instead of paying to order a whole bunch. It may not do any good, but at least you did something to try and help the penned dogs and you never know, sometimes people just need to be educated.

Jadapit
02-23-2005, 04:11 PM
Thanks so much for pointing that out pit chick. I did go to that site but I didn't see that. I think I will do it. What could it hurt and like you said maybe it will help. I will feel better knowing I did something anyway.