PDA

View Full Version : Wally and Marty have moved on....

Laura's Babies
02-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Since I am due back at work in ONE week and Mike may have to travel for work. I had to find someone to take the boys and continue on working with them. I didn't post about it earlier because I was so upset having to turn them over to someone else and we miss them terriably.

Chester and I cried the whole first day they were gone. Chester has stayed by the room where I had kept them since they left, he had quit looking and calling for them but he is still grieveing, staying close to or in that room.

We miss those sweeties so much but the tamer tells she is able to pick Wally up and he even does the elevator butt when she scrtiches him on his back and she thinks he is not far from being adoptable. Marty is still a hard nut to crack but I think he will come around once it "clicks" in his mind what is going on and that he is really missing something great...

Good Bye boys, me and Chester love you and miss you terriably and are glad we had the chance to get to know you. You brightened up our lives and hope we did the same for yours.
XOXOXOXOXXXOOOO!

Wally went from THIS.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1160.jpg

To This, while he was here.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid158/p0e1787ad749bd819dacdf65847641e3b/f51794aa.jpg

Corinna
02-22-2005, 10:21 AM
{{HUGS}}}}

catmandu
02-22-2005, 11:26 AM
You,did your best,for Wally,and Marty,and now,they are off,to thier New Furr Ever Home,whare,we pray,taht they will have a long,very happy life.Bless You,for giving Wally,and Marty,a second chance!

jazzcat
02-22-2005, 11:29 AM
I'm sure you miss them Laura. (((HUGS)))

Best wishes for those adorable boys.

catcrazylady
02-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Laura, my heart breaks for you.:( I know it was so hard for you to turn the boys over but you have to remember what wonders you did for them. Without you they would have been out in the cold searching for food and would never know the kindness and love that people can give them. What you did is the most loving and selfless thing anyone can do. I truly understand how hard that was to do. When I handed over those two feral youngsters I cried for days. I had worked so hard to get them to trust me and then to turn them over to someone else was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Even though I trusted this woman with all my heart I felt like I abandoned them.
If it's any consolation my two have gone on to live wonderful pampered lives and I now feel good about what I did. I know you will always love those two. They do take a special place in your heart.
Just remember that what you did was above and beyond what a lot of people are willing to do. Not only did you do it but you did it with love and nothing can be better than that.:)

Just think, you made room for some more when you get back from work!;) I can't believe it's almost time for you to go again!!! I hate that!
Can you imagine how many kitties you are going to have once you retire????;) :D :D
{{{HUGS}}} to you Laura for a job well done! {{{HUGS}}} to Chester for being such a wonderful big brother.
:)

kuhio98
02-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Bon Voyage Wally and Marty ~ Have a long, happy and healthy life. Always remember that Laura loved you first.

Any chance that the tamer will join pet talk and give us an update every now and then?

kt_luvs_kitties
02-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Oh Laura, I know how hard that must have been. But the pictures in themselves show what your love and compassion did for them. Cats are more understanding than people sometimes. They know what you did for them, and they love you for it.
It will never get easier.. BUT please take satisfaction in knowing they are in great hands, that they are getting food/water/attention/warmth which is FAR MORE than they had before you saved them, and they will go on to live long healthy lives all because YOU cared about them! *HUGS* Katie;)

catnapper
02-22-2005, 12:41 PM
You've done a fantastic job and are now handing them over to the next leg of their journery to finding a forever home! I know you miss them, but imagine the joy you'll feel when you know they were adopted because you took the time and love to start them on their journey! {{{hugs}}}

Laura's Babies
02-22-2005, 01:33 PM
She has promised me pictures and updates regularly and so far, I have been getting updates... So far, the news has been very encouraging.

I went to Wal-Mart today and talked to the man in the garden center who was there when we trapped them. He remembered us and I told him all the up to date news on them and that one was not that far away from being adoptable and how sweet he is.. Told him I have plenty of pictures and one day I will print some out and bring up to show him.

Chester is spending more time away from that room today... BUT, now he is chewing on my computer chair, pulling chunks of the fabric off of it!! I get the hint.... he is still a unhappy boy...

catcrazylady
02-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Poor Chester.:( He really took to those boys didn't he? Hopefully when he goes to your daughters house it will help him forget. Bless his heart. I guess he was finally glad to have a few guys to hang out with.
{{{HUGS}}} to sweet Chester. I hope he feels better soon.

Laura's Babies
02-22-2005, 01:48 PM
CCL, I was thinking just that, to maybe take him to Rie-Rie's to help him over this heartbreak... He loves it at her house so much, that may be what it takes... I'll have to give them up to soon as it is and I hate missing ONE minute with them while I am home....

christa
02-22-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm so sorry, Laura! I know how hard this must be for you . . . I can only imagine . . .

Just always remember those two pictures, how much you helped these boys! You were as great for them as they were for you!

Hang in there, sweetie!

jenluckenbach
02-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Laura, you have done wonders for those boys and any progress they continue to make is all on account of the work YOU started. You should be very proud. :)

ratchet22
02-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Thank You Laura for being there for them! You are great for that, and have many many kitty blessing coming to you. I know its hard to let them go, but just remember without you where would they be, you did such a GREAT job. I have read your post and you have given them a great new life. Just remember that there are always more out there that need this same help.

(((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

luvofallhorses
02-22-2005, 04:05 PM
((((hugs)))) hang in there, Laura.

kimlovescats
02-22-2005, 05:02 PM
Laura, you did such an incredible job and service for Wally and Marty! Although I know you will miss them, you will forever have the satisfaction of knowing that because of your love, patience, and devotion, they are well on their way to being loving family members and no longer Wal-Mart strays!!!

(((((HUGS)))) to you and gentle rubbies to Chester!

Love,
Kim:)

QueenScoopalot
02-23-2005, 03:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Twospecialguests.jpg
Don't worry Laura...I'm SURE that Wally & Marty are doing fine!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Thenewguests.jpg
Hmmm...how odd! :confused: These two look strangly familiar! :eek: :D Remember everyones...things happen on Pet Talk! ;)

catfamily
02-23-2005, 04:11 PM
I'm sorry.Where are they now?

QueenScoopalot
02-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by catfamily
I'm sorry.Where are they now?
In a place far far away! From where they were born! :D

Laura's Babies
02-23-2005, 05:54 PM
OMG! OMG! OMG!! There are my BOYS!! Yes folks, the home they went to IS a registered PT user and now we have pictures of them to prove it!!

Ohhhhh! I wanna cry! They look so good, although Wally looks rather aggervated that he was woke up for that flashie thingie. They look so good...I am not telling Chester.. He is just now coming out of his shell.... WE still miss those boys real bad but we are getting adjusted to the "emptiness" they left in our hearts.

QueenScoopalot
02-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Funny how nobody came back for a second peek LOL! Then the cat(s) would be out of the bag!!! :D :D :D

Laura's Babies
02-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Let 'em wonder, somebody is bound to take a peek sooner or later. It just did my heart so much good to see them again, I can't tell you how good it makes me feel and you better believe I saved the pic's to my computer!!

QueenScoopalot
02-23-2005, 07:16 PM
If we keep the thread active, somebody's bound to come looking lol! :D Wally is such a sweetie, you've done wonders with him. :) Marty's a tough cookie, but getting more relaxed. I think it may be a good idea to separate them soon (I know they love each other), but it's not working when Marty has a body guard. :rolleyes: Or so he thinks. ;) I haven't been able to get in touch with the foster home (Lisa & Verna) who I think could work charms on Marty.