PDA

View Full Version : Cassy's Big Adventure

AmberLee
02-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Sorry, my mischief prone boy, Cassy, scared the heck out of me yesterday. I'd balanced a wicker laundry basket on a high cabinet and frankly forgot about it. Yesterday I heard a rustle atop the cabinet just in time to see Cassy hop in there. Before I could get across the room, he and the basket were cabinet surfing to the floor!!! :eek: :( :eek:

He managed to get wedged in between the cabinet and a box of supplies, I was frantically trying to dig him out when he went wizzing by, fur on end and raced into the bedroom. I took some heart from the speed he was traveling at, but checked him over for breaks, cuts, and bruises. No breaks, no cuts, and apparently minor bruises only.

Being Meowmy to a nosy cat is hair-raising sometimes! :( :o :eek:

I tried to see to it that he rested today, and he enjoyed extra cuddles, but sheesh! My nerves are shot. And I feel so guilty for the basket being 'an attractive nuisance'. :o :( :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
02-21-2005, 10:51 PM
:D :D :D Typical day in the life of a cat and it's owner!

(Glad you are both OK today)

krazyaboutkatz
02-22-2005, 12:48 AM
AmberLee, I'm sorry that Cassy scared you but I'm glad to hear that he's okay. Boys will be boys. My Sunny is always getting into mischief.:)

AmberLee
02-22-2005, 01:50 AM
Thanks. When the basket first started teetering I thought my heart stopped.

Sheesh!

And then, to top it off, Cassy acted like I'd deliberately pushed him off.

CATS!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

kt_luvs_kitties
02-22-2005, 01:56 AM
Cats can be so funny at times:rolleyes:
I am sorry you got scared! I would have been also. Glad all is well now:D Please give kisses from me;)

catmandu
02-22-2005, 09:00 AM
The Found Cats ,do that too,sometimes,as they see,the Fun,not the danger,when they try,to do things.They live,for fun,and adventure,Damn the Torpedoes!

kimlovescats
02-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Don't beat yourself up, Meowmmy ... where there is a risk, a kitty will certainly find it!:rolleyes: Glad Cassy is alright, now you settle your nerves!;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-22-2005, 09:36 AM
The bond between cats and baskets, it is soooo strong!!!A normal place in the house is just a normal place, until the minute you put a box or basket there...! All of a sudden is it kitty-market :rolleyes: ;) :)

((((( hugs for Cassy))))))

Killearn Kitties
02-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Poor Cassy!!! Did meowmie push you off the cabinet? :D :D

Perhaps you should be extra loving to meowmie today, Cassy. You almost gave her a heart attack after all! It isn't her fault that you are a nosey boy!

catcrazylady
02-22-2005, 11:35 AM
I think I feel sorrier for you than Cassie. In a kitties world this is all in a days adventures but it sure scares the pants off of purrants!!!:D :D
I'm glad Cassie is ok, now you need to have a hot cup of coffee or tea and give your heart a break.;) :D

AmberLee
02-23-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks all! I am feeling better today and Cassy is back to his normal mischevious self!