PDA

View Full Version : Is it all safe?

Suki Wingy
02-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Here is all of the stuff I have bought for my rabbit. Is it all safe for him? Ihave you heard, is this brand good? (I know, I'll never give the purple rabbit to him, that was a gift.)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/sukiwingy/pack1stflash_s.jpg

Karen
02-21-2005, 10:30 PM
I cannot tell what some of the stuff is from the glare in the packages! List names, please! The carrier is very cute!

Suki Wingy
02-22-2005, 09:38 AM
oh, sorry. I have better pictures, just not on this computer. I'll post another picture tonight.
Here are pictures of the products from the petsmart page.
Super Pet come along carrier:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/sukiwingy/carrier.jpg
Super Pet super sleeper cuddle- E- cup:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/sukiwingy/cuddlecup.jpg
Super Pet comfort harness and bungee leash:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/sukiwingy/harness.jpg
All Living Things Small Animal Aquarium Crock:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/sukiwingy/crock.jpg
Vitakraft fruit crossys rabbit treats:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/sukiwingy/crossys.jpg

ramanth
02-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Looks good to me! But don't take my word for it because I don't have a bunny.

Giselle
02-22-2005, 10:59 PM
OMG is that a real bunny?!?! What beautiful eyes!:eek:

Sorry, no advice, but it looks good to me (-not a bunny owner-)

Suki Wingy
02-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Thans, I really like thewhole set.
That is a real bunny, but not mine. I got that picture off the petsmart site so Karen and others could tell what everything is.

cali
02-23-2005, 01:21 PM
its a real bunny like looks like a hotot, they are one of my fav bunny breeds lol

the comfort harness I believe is the best style harness for bunnys, the carrier looks good, lots of people love cuddle cups, I dont know anything about the treats or the dish though, I use a dogfood dish for my bun, and I have never heard of those treats.

GraciesMommy
02-23-2005, 01:36 PM
I love the carrier..too cute!

carole
02-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Oh my gosh everything is so cute, I never knew you could buy a harness for a rabbit, we have only ever had outdoor rabbits in hutches, so I am not familiar with all these cute things for a bunny.

Looks like you have put a lot of thought into what to buy for your bunny, that is always great to see .

When do we get to see your cute bunny? pics please......pretty please.....

No advice, I only ever feed our rabbits , special rabbit pellets, they also grazed on grass .

Desert Arabian
02-23-2005, 03:10 PM
The carrier should be ok for a rabbit. Make sure there is enough room for the bun in there of course, you don't want it to be TOO small. Check the carrier occasionally for possible rips and tares. I had that exact same one and the bottom ripped on me- I did not see it and one of my rats slipped out.

The cuddle cup is also ok for a rabbit. If it gets chewed up and ripped up (my rabbits would destroy it), get rid of it and get a new one. Make sure it is 100% cotton so if some of it gets ingested it will be safe.

The harness is fine too. Don't leave it on the bun when it is not supervised.

The dish is a ok.

The treats are a little questionable. They are not HORRIBLE but they are not the best. All commerical rabbit treats should be avioided if possible, they are very sugary and have no nutritonal value. Treats (like certain fruits and veggies) that healthier and benefit the rabbit should be given in place. Just make sure to give the rabbit a couple (meaning 5 pieces and under)- do not give it too many.

Suki Wingy
02-23-2005, 03:19 PM
Thaks for all the helpfull advice!:) ;) The bunny Oslo is comming next week, and I assure you I'll get pis up that day or the very next! Does anyone know, is it too stressful to take a rabbit to a store like Petsmart every once and a while? I got the carrier and harness for short trips like that.

Desert Arabian
02-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Car rides are extremely stressful for rabbits. (It is a method used to bond rabbits together, I personally used it for Peanut and Buster.) Do not take small animals to the pet store, because they can pick up illnesses that the pet store animals may be carrying- most of them are spread through the air not just direct contact. Trips to the vet almost kill my rabbits, I personally would never be able to take them to the pet store and expect them to be alive after the stress of both the car ride and being in a strange store. I wish I could though, it would be fun to take them there!!

I cannot wait to see pictures of Oslo!

Oh, I have a quick question, what kind of cage are you looking to use for Oslo!?

Suki Wingy
02-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Thak you so much for the warning, I would have taken him there a lot.
Some Of my 4-h friends have cages they are willing to sell us. I have to go over there and see if they are ok.

Desert Arabian
02-23-2005, 03:54 PM
No problem. Then again, your bunny just might be a bunny that won't get stressed out- you never know. Just like how some cats hate car ride and some love them. You could test out a car ride (but dont go to pet store) and see how Oslo handles it. If Oslo gets too stressed out, then trips are a no-go.

Take a picture of the cage and post it, if you want to, and us bunny people can tell you if it would be a good one for Oslo.

:)

luvofallhorses
02-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Just a quick question, are you going to be able to keep this bunny after 4-h? I think YellowLabLover's advice is good:)

jackie
02-23-2005, 06:02 PM
they look nice!
your bunny is going to be SPOILED, lol, just the way it should be.

btw the little bed or cuddle cup is cute, but i made one for my bun and he just ended up using it as a litter box :eek:

carole
02-23-2005, 06:14 PM
I posted these pics before for a g. Pig, but they are for Rabbits, it all depends on whether bunny is inside or not, these are more suitable for outdoors, but IMO you need something as big as this to be fair to your rabbit. oops hang on , will post in a minute.

carole
02-23-2005, 06:16 PM
This one IMO is ideal, big enough with a nice run for them.

carole
02-23-2005, 06:17 PM
This one is ok too, but not quite as upmarket as the other.

carole
02-23-2005, 06:19 PM
This one is probably more suitable indoors, but personally I think it is too small., if it had a bigger run then yes maybe. I would NOT consider it for my pet bunny, unless the run was way bigger, but it gives you a general idea, the one similar I have posted is somewhat better and more suitable.

carole
02-23-2005, 06:20 PM
This one is slightly bigger and more suitable IMO.

carole
02-23-2005, 06:22 PM
This one is more suitable for outdoor bunnies, the first one would be my pick, but is rather expensive to make or buy I would imagine, but I certainly would not consider anything smaller than these cages, even one of them I posted I consider too small, I consider it cruel to have a bunny in something as small as that or smaller., Hope this gives you some ideas anyhow.

Desert Arabian
02-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by carole
This one IMO is ideal, big enough with a nice run for them.

Carole, where did you find this one? I am interested in maybe purchasing it. There is one like it at my work, but this one is a little nicer. My buns need a new outdoor hutch for the summer months, the one I have now is too small! Thanks.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?postid=1027512

carole
02-24-2005, 02:02 PM
Oh I am sorry I forgot where I found it, but I remember I just typed in Rabbit Hutches and found it that way, so you should beable to find it hopefully, it is expensive though, if you have a handy Dad who could build it and maybe it not so flash materials, it would be a lot cheaper, I found this one also, the only problem I have with these are they would be hard to shift around for their grass, my hutch was not flash but it had indoor/outdoor flow and was on castor wheels,.so it was easier to shift around for new grass and shade purposes.

This one is from the UK, maybe the one you like might have been also, not sure, I posted them for hoping it would give some ideas, perhaps for building them as well, silly me forgot to post where you could get them, so sorry.

Suki Wingy
02-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Thanks guys! I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping him after 4-h, but is not he'll live with my cousin.

bunnyloveruk
03-07-2005, 09:35 AM
All looks ok to me from the picture's. I tried my bunnie's with the fruit crossy's treat's to but they turned their nose's up at them lol.

Slinky_Disney_KG
03-07-2005, 11:58 AM
I know for a fact that your bunny will like the bed! I have a guinea pig and he loves it so much! he will only come out of it for short periods of time!

Suki Wingy
03-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Thaks for all of your advice! Oslo is comming now next week, Monique (the breeder) has not contacted me, and last week's 4-h meeting was canceled for a sleepover at the farm next weekend, so I will talk with her in person there.