PDA

View Full Version : Keep Your Fingers Crossed for Me!

chrissycat21
02-21-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm trying out for the musical at my school, The Music Man. I'm kind of nervous though.:o I tried out last year, but didn't get in because I got sick during call backs.

The auditions are on Wed. and call backs on Thur. but, I won't be able to go online tomorrow, so I thought I'd ask early. :D

Will you guys keep your fingers crossed for me that I atleast do good at auditions? :D (Gosh, I'm getting nervous about it just thinking about it.....:rolleyes: )

sammy101
02-21-2005, 06:44 PM
I just did 'Guys & Dolls',a few weeks ago
It was SOO much fun!!!:D :D

Goodluck,and i hope you make it!!

Lexi_Lover
02-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Our school did both Music Man and Guys & Dolls! As well we did Little Shop of Horrors and the show for Annie is this weekend, I can't wait!!!

I wish you all the best! Don't worry, I know you'll make it:D

flamepony12
02-21-2005, 07:37 PM
all Fingers, Paws, claws, fins, and birdie toes crossed for you! <33

~XXXXXXXXXXXXXX~

chrissycat21
02-21-2005, 08:14 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm the first one on Wed. for auditions, so atleast there won't be anyone before me to be compared to. I should probably stop thinking about it, its just for fun. (even though I really, really want to get in! lol)

petslover
02-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Good Luck, but all of us at PT know you will do great! :D

Cincy'sMom
02-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Good luck? I take it by the lead, you are trying out for Marian?

My husband chreographed Music Man last year, and the show came out very well. A friend of ours really wanted Marian, and ended up with Mrs. Shinn (mayor's wife). She was soooo funny it really made the show...so just do your best, and have fun with whatever part you get!!

Karen
02-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Good luck! Remember to just sing your best, and then to have a ball no matter what part you get! Remember that not getting the lead has as much to do with personal expectations and biases on the directors part as your ability. The high school music director at my school never ever cast a Soprano in a lead - even when the part called for it! Nice, guy, he believed in my vocal abilities, drove me to Districts when I was the only one from my school who made it and everything ...

We all just figured his first wife was a Soprano!

Do your best for you, and have fun!

Cincy'sMom
02-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Remember that not getting the lead has as much to do with personal expectations and biases on the directors part as your ability.

That is sooo true!! I watched it at my own high school, and thought it was the only place that it happened, but I have seen over and over again with the schools here in Toledo.

chrissycat21
02-23-2005, 04:58 PM
Thank you everyone!

I had my audition today, I think I was ok. I missed a note in the song, but at the same time an announcement went on over the intercom so hopefully they didn't hear. :o

Pretty much I'm trying out for whatever part I can get, I'd just like to be in the play. But, if I don't make it, I did stage crew last year and it was fun.

I guess I'll find out if I atleast made call backs tomorrow morning.

Thanks again!

My Peanuts
02-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Good luck and let us know how it goes :)

luvofallhorses
02-23-2005, 05:27 PM
good luck!

chrissycat21
02-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks again everyone!

Well.............

I made the play!!!!

I'm Towns Person #1 and am first to be bumped up if one of the leads doesn't do their job. :) My friend got another part in the chorus, so or motto is:

"We are gonna be the BEST darn towns people this director has ever seen!"

(We get sort of, er, weird together lol :D )

I'm really excited! :D :D