PDA

View Full Version : Snow and canines

Karen
02-21-2005, 06:26 PM
Especially Sheltie owners - does your dog do this?

When the office Sheltie goes out, and there's snow on the ground, it's hysterically funny. He'll find a "good" (not stepped in) spot, shove his nose, and much of his head if it's deep enough, into the snow, then he'll throw himself on the ground upside down and flail away, squirming and wiggling and almost rolling. It's so funny - then, he'll stnad up, covered in snow, and shaaaakkkke - he's a tricolor, so the white snow on his black coat show up very well. Then, once he's shaken, he'll do it in a new spot!

Our St. Bernards would "snowplow" - just shove their nose into the snow and go right along that way. When they'd raise their heads, there ould be a little triangle of snowpile on their muzzle. I've seen other dogs do this, but never seen the "snowflailabout" act before.

My brother's Husky(mix) adores snow. He'll roll in it, let it pile up on him, even prefers to nap outside in a blizzard - you have to see which snow pile has the chain leading to it to find him.

chocolatepuppy
02-21-2005, 07:12 PM
My Lacey isn't thrilled with the snow but Mandy loves it, I voted for snowplows for her. :)

micki76
02-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Millie LOVES the snow. She runs and bites at the flakes and then plows!

Chester is not so fond of it. He prances around like he's afraid he'll melt, does his business and RUNS back inside!

Kevin Farmer
02-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Maximus loves the snow, this was his first year here in Arkansas he is from California, he and my new wife came as a combo
so you guessed it im just recently married. anyway back to Max he thinks his job is to destroy a snowman before he comes to life he runs and jumps just absoutly loves the snow.......

Kfamr
02-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Kiara is the only dog of mine who's seen snow. She LOVED it. I thought she'd be weird about ti at first, but she ran out in it like it was nothing. She especially loved catching snow balls.

cyber-sibes
02-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Star and Sherman do a GREAT HUSKIES IN SNOW impression - hehe! They love it! See:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/Big%20Snow/running.jpg
it's been an unusually snowy winter here, too-- Husky Heaven! Sherman loves to "snowplow" through the deep stuff, they love to sleep in it, too.

joycenalex
02-21-2005, 08:26 PM
he doesn't do 'snow angels' but he snowplows, and 'tunnels' and will race through snow, leaping and cavorting and the only balls he will catch are snowballs. for him, any snowfall is a good snow fall. angel duke, b/c of his arthritis the only winter i had him, would do his business, then back in to his pile of blankets, he wasn't a snow lover.

Cincy'sMom
02-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Cincy is a snow plow for sure...she buries her noses, and the world is her giant snow cone!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p1dc612a62b56b87ac8c2431d7c1718d2/f5ce8913.jpg

Sadie and Spot love the snow, but they mostly just run in it...they both love to catch snow balls, and Sadie will dig at the ice occasionally, but neither go face first into, like Cincy does.

cocker_luva
02-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Jesse is a snowplow

Holly's mom
02-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Holly is a definitely a snowplow.:)

Corinna
02-22-2005, 12:00 AM
I have one newfy plow and one springer plow. Lady (newfy) is the snow angel maker.

kt_luvs_kitties
02-22-2005, 01:34 AM
My dogs love snow. They will try to eat it, play in it, and roll in it:rolleyes: Silly doggies:D

senorita02
02-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Senorita still barks when it snows , she doesnt know what it is, then when i let them out they carefully wade thru the snow and then after a while they will snow plow thru it , for a minute then they want in by the fireplace. :D

Cookiebaker
02-22-2005, 05:59 AM
I voted for Malone, and he "minces through it". He doesn't really like it, and when it's 10 degrees or lower, he does the "three legged dance" :p Poor pupper!

pitc9
02-22-2005, 07:49 AM
I'm guessing "snowflailabout" is what the Sheltie at your work does?

If that's so... then that's what Buddy does, but he also makes snow angels... he'll FLOP on his back and wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, until Sierra jumps on his belly!!:D

Sierra will snowplow, flail, eat it, roll in it, dig in it... etc... etc.

Samantha Puppy
02-22-2005, 08:14 AM
Samantha does the snow plow AND flails about. She loves being outside in it so much that we sometimes have to coax her in with treats because she's been out there so long, but she's never wanted to sleep or anything in it. She just loves to play.

Shelteez2
02-22-2005, 03:47 PM
My shelties don't roll in the snow. Heck they don't roll in anything.

They do like to do snow plow impersonations, and they love to run through the deep snow. Em also likes to curl up in a snow bank and sleep.

Oh and they both eat it like there's no tomorrow. :)

misterduke
02-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Duke just loves the stuff. Here he is around Christmas time - we were out and about playing and I decided to take a photo with my Christmas wreath around his neck.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid153/p0716696be8dc49b49d280ed29b6e35aa/f58edaa7.jpg

When he's not posing for a photo(when he wants to take a photo that it) he just runs and runs. Just loves the snow.

Here's another photo
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid153/pe6f51be6ab4c208bb249ae79d0480d90/f58efb89.jpg

Dominique