PDA

View Full Version : World Trade Center, Pentagon under attack

Rottie
09-11-2001, 09:38 AM
Is everyone here on Pet Talk okay! What's going on????? 2 airplanes have crashed into the World Trade Center in New York. The Trade Center has now completly collapsed. Another plane crashed into the Pentagon in D.C. :confused: :confused:

Stenograsaurus
09-11-2001, 09:44 AM
Just checking in and saying I'm okay. I work in a Courthouse but not one that terrorists are going to hit (I hope). I'm not in a major government office or anything.
Remember this date and be prepared. I think this is the beginning of a war.

Stenograsaurus
09-11-2001, 09:49 AM
Just heard that. Okay, now I'm getting scared. That's like one hour from here. If they start hitting State or County buildings, I'm out of here.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

Cynthia
09-11-2001, 10:16 AM
I'm an hour south of DC, which is in complete chaos. I can't reach my family by phone -- complete silence. Unbelievable.

Dixieland Dancer
09-11-2001, 10:20 AM
The plane just outside of Pittsburgh (about 60 miles) was another supposedly hijacked. There are reports that another one of the planes may of been hijacked from Pittsburgh. I live 10 minutes from the Pittsburgh Airport and my husband works there. He said it is just very hard to get information now since there are some sick people out there calling in false reports.

A hospital near the North Shore of Pittsburgh has been reportedly planted with a bomb.

aly
09-11-2001, 10:56 AM
I can barely think straight. This is the biggest tragedy. My friend lives nearby the World Trade Center. I was able to contact her family in Austin who said she was alright but they hadn't heard from her in awhile. This is so bad, I just can't express my feelings about the whole thing. I have several friends in the military who I think are giong to be shipped off to war or soemthing. And I can't get ahold of them.

ShepherdLover
09-11-2001, 11:09 AM
This is really scary! What is happening! I hope Chicago isn't next! I'm so close, my gosh! I hope that everyone is okay!

kobieeli
09-11-2001, 11:16 AM
I'm praying for all of you out on the East coast...

Out here on the left coast we're not our usual laid-back selves, either. There's a United Airlines flight bound for LA that's unaccounted for. It's due at LA at 11:15am.

RachelJ
09-11-2001, 11:22 AM
I have been in a state of shock this morning. This is the worst thing I have ever experienced in my whole life and I am just watching it on television. The fact that the Pentagon itself was hit, just proves how vulnerable we are. I had to come here because you all are so dear to me.

Rottie
09-11-2001, 11:27 AM
I'm glad everyone here seems to be okay. But this is just awful!! :( :mad: My cousin works in the World Trade Center and was in it when the planes crashed. He came down 102 flights of stairs and came out safe. :)

Dixie Belle
09-11-2001, 12:04 PM
I just wanted to ckeck in with everybody. This has been very hard for us. My husband's grandfather is in New York City. He is a truck driver. Fortunatly, the company he works for has found him, and is trying to get him home.

09-11-2001, 12:28 PM
God Bless everyone and please be with those people in need and the families that are suffering. God be with our country and help us unite together to help those affected by this tragedy. Have mercy on the souls that perished and heal those that are hurting and injured. Lord help us all deal with this tragedy. Please help us not to understand why this happened but to come thru this stronger and wiser. - Amen -

It is nearly impossible to focus on anything else today. I am on the verge of tears and glued to my radio and any tv I can find at work. We have a blood drive here tomorrow that I was not going to participate in but have since changed my mind. I would encourage you all to maybe do the same if you can find a place to donate. It is the least we could do for those in need and yet it is a gift of life.

God Bless you all and I hope and pray that you and your loved ones are all safe. Be strong and stay close - Lots of love to you and all of your families.

Love Angel

petspoil
09-11-2001, 12:32 PM
I was shocked to see the news on tv. World Trade Center and Pentagon being attacked by terrorists. I'll pray for all the victims and God bless America.

RachelJ
09-11-2001, 12:37 PM
Thank you for the prayer, Angel. My mind is just reeling, and it is hard to put my thoughts into words, so I will use yours.

Albea
09-11-2001, 12:46 PM
I was posting a message at the same time that Karen was moving this subject down to here. Since it has not arrive, it may be lost somewhere in cyber space.
These news are too horrible for words :( :( :( I'm in a state of terror because my brother, who lives in Alexandria, VA, travels a lot for business reasons. He's fine today but he's scheduled to fly to South America on Thursday and I don't know how to talk him out of going.
I'm listening to a report on the radio, from Israel, that Palestinians are indeed in a cheerful mood and some merchants are giving out candy to celebrate this attack on civilians in the States :mad: :mad: :mad:
How can we expect people to be kind to animals when there are those who can be so cruel to other humans. When are those who believe in violence realize that it only brings more violence and never a sensible solution to the problems? :(
I hope that everybody who's concerned about families and friends will not have to suffer from this terrifying event. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all the innocent victims.

gini
09-11-2001, 01:05 PM
As I heard the news this morning I turned to Rascal and said no animal would be capable of so much hate to perpetuate such horror on each other.

The thought of how many people have lost their lives is devasting to me and I am sure to all of you.

Please join me in praying for all of these souls who have lost their lives. May God have mercy us. And also prayers for all of the rescue crews involved.

It is my deepest hope that none of you have suffered the loss of a family member or friend in this tragedy.

Stenograsaurus
09-11-2001, 01:08 PM
I just wanted to ask for prayers for not only the victim's and their families, but also the firefighters, police officers, members of the military and everybody else who helps others in times of crisis like this. I heard that along with employees, there were numerous police officers and firefighters in the World Trade Center when it collapsed. I, like the rest of the Nation, am in shock right now. God Bless you all.

tatsxxx11
09-11-2001, 01:44 PM
My husband's office is by the World Trade Center. Not there today. Supposed to be flying early this morning. Oh God. Cannot reach him by cell phone. Now it is said that the plane that crashed outside of Pittsburgh was intended for the White House or Capital Building. Oh God help this country to survive. I was born in NYC. My beautiful city is in flames. This is a so horrific. Just wanted to let you all know how much I love all of you. You are all wonderful people and friends. Be safe everyone. Love, Sandra

Karen
09-11-2001, 01:55 PM
Oh Sandra, we are sorry that you are in such a dreadful, uncertain situation. We will all pray that your husband, Star and Cody's dad, is safe and just cannot get through because of all the phone traffic in and around the major cities. They said on the news that all cell phones out in New York. We all hope he is safe, and that he is able to reach you and reassure you soon.

For Sandra, for her husband, and for everyone around the world whose lives are touched by these tragedies, let us have a common time of prayer for the Pet Talk community.

I suggest we all take a moment, maybe 5 minutes, at 8:30 pm Eastern time tonight, which will be 5:30 on the "left coast" to have a communal moment of prayer, for our country our friends, or families and our world.

Will you join me?

4 feline house
09-11-2001, 01:59 PM
I will be at church. I called my church about 11:00 and at that time they were not planning a prayer service, but most of the large churches in this area are. I will go to one. Anyone who cannot be at church tonight, please join in the moment of silence.

cr7clark
09-11-2001, 02:08 PM
Sandra, our prayers are with you and all of the other people who have been personally touched by these horrible acts.
I work on an Army post, and right now we are at Threatcon Delta, which is the highest level of alert that we can go to. Here in Maryland, all of the public schools and colleges are closed, people are urged to stay off the phone lines so police can have the bandwidth for emergencies. I have a good friend who works in the Pentagon, and I've no idea how he is doing, I have been unable to reach his wife.
In addition to prayer, let me encourage everyone who possibly can to donate blood, even if you live out on the "left coast". There will be a tremendous shortage of blood in this area due to these tragedies. Everyone who gives will be contributing to our country's ability to spring back and fight back against cowardly terrorist acts such as these. :mad: To find out where you can donate, call 1-800-GIVE-LIFE or log on to www.redcross.com. (http://www.redcross.com.)

gini
09-11-2001, 02:14 PM
Sandra, it is my prayer that you will hear from your husband very soon. If all cell phones are out it may be very difficult for him to be able to find a way to communicate with you.

Left coast prayer time is 5:30 P.M. - you can count on me.

4 feline house
09-11-2001, 02:15 PM
This is impacting the whole world - not only is air travel disrupted worldwide, but many foreign companies have offices in the WTC.

Also, we have embassies and military bases worldwide, that are now on security alert - many of these facilities employ civilian locals. This may well again be a "shot heard 'round the world".

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: 4 feline house ]

Pam
09-11-2001, 02:26 PM
My office closed early today due to all of this. I am about 10 miles outside of Philadelphia. Most everything around here is closing down. There was a message on my answering machine when I got in a while ago. It was someone saying that my church is having a prayer gathering tonight as I am sure so many others are all across the country. As we pray for the victims and their families please do not forget to pray for our President. He will need a tremendous amount of wisdom to know how to properly handle this situation. Who knows where this will lead. God help us.

carrie
09-11-2001, 02:26 PM
Our hearts are with you all.
This has sent shock, horror, revulsion and outrage around the world.

My husband has just packed a bag and left in seven minutes after a phone call calling him in to work. (He is in the British Army.)

He wanted me to tell you that any and all help will be available from this country. We have search teams on standby too.

I hope all of you and those that you love are safe and well.

nsweezie
09-11-2001, 02:28 PM
If you feel like you want to do something, anything to help, please consider giving blood. I had heard earlier that there is a critical shortage in NY.
As a Canadian, I send my prayers to my American neighbours

Cougie Wechsler
09-11-2001, 02:30 PM
Karen - Prayer time is 6:30 PM here - jus the time we start our Bible Study. We will join you.

09-11-2001, 02:52 PM
I will definitely join in at 5:30. I will be on my way to my church for a prayer vigil tonight at 6pm. That is the only place I want to be right now - at this moment - is my church. I just want to spend the day on my knees praying for everyone involved in this... which happens to consist of the entire world somehow or some way. Again, I am giving blood tomorrow and I hope and pray it will help someone...

I am hearing the death toll is 10,000 plus and I'm sure it will go higher. This is the worst loss of life on American soil since the Civil War and we are the unfortunate souls to witness it. God be with the families, deceased and to all those lending their support and expertise to control this event.

Sandra, my prayers go out to you and please let us know when you find out something.

Take care --

jackiesdaisy1935
09-11-2001, 02:55 PM
Being a retired Military family, Don spent 25 years in the Navy this hits very close to home. Every time our husbands went to sea, went to war we felt well this will be the last time. It never is, now it is the young people who see their husbands go to sea, go to war. It's bad enough that this happens, but why do these horrible people want to kill innocent men, women and children who have nothing to do with war.
Sandra I do hope you find out information about your husband soon. It's terrible to not know. We will pray he is o.k.
I agree with everyone else, blood is needed
NOW. Please help. We will join in the prayer at 5:30 GOD BLESS US ONE AND ALL AND GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Jackie

Buddy2101
09-11-2001, 02:56 PM
hey guys my prayers are with all of you who have loved ones on the flights. I hope everyone is ok. I will be praying for everyone. I also have a prayer request for all of you. My teacher Mrs. Reece's doughter was on the plane and is dead I am hopeing you all will pray for her that she has comfort in this hard time.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Buddy2101 ]

Karen
09-11-2001, 03:07 PM
Oh, our hearts and prayers will be with your teacher, too.

4 feline house
09-11-2001, 03:13 PM
Buddy, your teacher and her family are on my list. I have managed to hold back the tears all day until I read your post.

pepper636
09-11-2001, 03:19 PM
Here's an article with a picture of people celebrating. How sick!!!

>> http://www.evergreen.edu/user/library/govdocs/hotopics/index.html

KayAnn
09-11-2001, 03:34 PM
when i first heard about it in clas ( first period) i wa slike UH OH ARE ALL MY PT TALK FRIENDS OK!!!!!!!!! Ive been worrying aobut you people all day, dont you feel special?
This is way bigger than Pearl Harbor and one of the buildings have about 11 stories left but the other building fully collapsed. Over 10 thoused people have died thats all i have to tell you, and my prayers and thoughts gop out to u people and who have family in the areas were this all is happening.

Paul
09-11-2001, 04:19 PM
I just received this:

Franciscans Call for Online Peace Pledges

In the wake of September 11's terrorist attacks, the Franciscans in Cincinnati are urging people everywhere to use the Internet to take a pledge for peace. The web site www.pledgepeace.org (http://www.pledgepeace.org) has been modified to receive pledges from those horrified by the massive attacks.

jackiesdaisy1935
09-11-2001, 04:29 PM
This was a poem read by John Wayne many years ago

AMERICA, Why I love her

"America, America, God shed his grace on thee"....

You ask me why I lover her? Well, give me time, and I'll explain...
Have you seen a Kansas sunset or an Arizona rain?
Have you drifted on a bayou down Louisiana way?
Have you watched the cold fog drifting over San Francisco Bay?

Have you heard a Bobwhite calling in the Carolina pines?
Or heard the bellow of a diesel in the Appalachia mines?
Does the call of Niagara thrill you when you hear her waters roar?
Do you look with awe and wonder at a Massachuetts shore....
Where men who braved a hard new world, first stepped on Plymouth Rock?
And do you think of them when you stroll along a New York City dock?

Have you seen a snowflake drifting in the Rockies...way up high?
Have you seen the sun come blazing down from a bright Nevada sky?
Do you hail to the Columbia as she rushes to the sea...
Or bow your head at Gettesburg...in our struggle to be free?

Have you seen the mighty Tetons?...Have you watched an eagle soar?
Have you seen the Mississippi roll along Missouri's shore?
Have you felt a chill at Michigan, when on a winters day,
Her waters rage along the shore in a thunderous display?
Does the word "Aloha"...make you warm? Do you stare in disblief...When you see the surf come roaring in at Waimea reef?

From Alaska's gold to the Everglades...from the Rio Grande to Maine....
My heart cries out...my pulse runs fast at the might of her domain.
You ask me why I love her?...I've a million reasons why.
My beautiful America...beneath Gods' wide, wide sky.

"And crown they good with brotherhood
from sea to shining sea."

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/029/Tb/pR/eu/5E23102.jpg

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

tatsxxx11
09-11-2001, 04:37 PM
Thanks to all for your care and concern. Gratefully, thankfully, my husband was able to call me at about 4pm. He is alright, if not shaken. I have spoken with family and friends from my hometown in NJ, just across the George Washington Bridge. From my home there, on the cliffs of the Palisades overlooking the Hudson River, the burning debris from the Towers can be seen and black smoke blankets the air. All of the broadcast channels are out, only cable. All transit in and out of the city has been cancelled or closed; rails, buses, highways and bridges. The hospital I worked at for so many years has taken in several dozen injured for triage. Many are in the OR and recovery room where I worked till just recently. It is all so surreal. Volunteer firefighters from all across northern NJ are assisting in the search and recover effots. Several are close friends of mine and my husband's. Already they estimate that 300-400 firefighters were killed as the towers collapsed. People were seen jumping from the building in a final attempt to save themselves.

My sister-in-law's brother, someone I grew up with, who is an investment banker and was at his office inside of one of the Tower's at the time of the attack, has not yet been located. I can only pray we have not lost a family memeber.

Dear Buddy, I cannot imagine the grief that Mrs. Reece has to deal with at this time. I am so devastated for her loss. Please tell her that many people unknown to her pray that God gives her the strength to endure this unimaginable tragedy.

Carrie. What can I say. You Brit's have always been there for us. Thanks to all your countrywomen and men for their support. Perhaps our media is "too close" to the event and too emotional right now to report as clearly as the foreign media. But I have to tell you that having listened now for 2 hours to the BCC, I feel so comforted to learn how our many foreign friends are rallying to our side, determined to assist us in bringing these cowards to justice. This was not just an attack on the U.S., but on the very concept of freedom and democracy throughout the world. Politics aside, listening to Tony Blair gave me great comfort. Pres. Bush is currently in an underground bunker under high security alert in the midwest and we eagerly anticipate his return to the capital and his message to the nation. We really do need our leader right now. I pray that God gives him the strength to comfort and guide us through this tragedy. And to your husband Carrie, very, very special thanks for his support and dedication. Hopefully there will be no further loss of life on either side of the ocean.

Karen, I will be there to join you in our collective prayer. Thank you for helping us all during this horribly sad time.

Sandra

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

LindysMomma
09-11-2001, 04:38 PM
I still go to school, and they were't allowed to tell us anything. There were tons of rumors. Now I know the whole story, and its unbelievable.

4 feline house
09-11-2001, 04:41 PM
My son's school virtually had no classes - they still went from room to room for the periods but did nothing but watch TV. The only class that was business as usual was his soccer class.

09-11-2001, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Paul:
<STRONG>I just received this:

Franciscans Call for Online Peace Pledges

In the wake of September 11's terrorist attacks, the Franciscans in Cincinnati are urging people everywhere to use the Internet to take a pledge for peace. The web site www.pledgepeace.org (http://www.pledgepeace.org) has been modified to receive pledges from those horrified by the massive attacks.</STRONG>

I signed - thanks for sharing Paul. It is a wonderful idea and much needed right now and always.

4 feline house
09-11-2001, 04:43 PM
Sandra, I'm glad you found your husband, and I will pray that all your loved ones will be safe and accounted for.

I know we've already heard from Thelma once today, but that was several hours ago, and in the meantime another building in NY has collapsed. I hope we hear from her again to let us know she is still okay.

Buddy2101
09-11-2001, 04:45 PM
i wa slike UH OH ARE ALL MY PT TALK FRIENDS OK!!!!!!!!! Ive been worrying aobut you people all day,
QB]

Same here I was so worryed something bad happened to one of you guys! that would be so awfull!

carrie
09-11-2001, 05:03 PM
There are explosions all over Kabul at the moment. Tracer fire is going up and the sound of aircraft. Missiles are flying across the city.

Pam
09-11-2001, 05:32 PM
Yes Carrie we have been watching CNN and it is eerily reminiscent of the Gulf War.

wolflady
09-11-2001, 05:43 PM
It's still hard to react to all of this. I just absolutely can not believe this is happening!! My heart truly goes out to all the families, workers, firefighters, police, the Presedent, and everyone that this tragedy has touched. I am really at a loss for words here. I have been able to constrain myself so far today, but after reading all these posts from all of you, all you beloved people of the Pet Talk community...I finally broke down. After seeing the power of hate, I come here and see the power of goodness. All of you have such great hearts. Even though we are all from different places, we have all come here with something in common, and it really links our lives and our hearts. Sandra, please let us know when you hear from your husband. Uncertainty can be so nerve wracking. Know that everyone lost in this senseless act is being thought of and prayed for today. Everyone on those planes and in those buildings will be remembered forever. I feel so helpless. Why is there so much hatred in the world. Many, many, many ***hugs*** to all of you and everyone touched by this tragedy.

On another note, a friend of mine just called and said that gas in her city has jumped to $8/gallon!!!

Cougie Wechsler
09-11-2001, 05:49 PM
Okay guys, I too have finally broken down. It is just so hard not to. God Bless you all and our nation today, this day September 11, 2001, our new day of infamy. Let us not forget the good in this world now at this time. Good symbolized by our love for eachother and the reason for this website - Pet of the Day. There still has to be good in this world.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Cougie Wechsler ]

*LabLoverKEB*
09-11-2001, 06:09 PM
I am scared and sad about this. :( :mad: I first heard about it in my 1st Period, (first class). I'm kinda not so scared now, it should be over by eathier this weekend, or hopefully by maybe tomarrow! (I hope! I prayed like 10 times today at school that everyone would be alright, and that this would stop very soon. Everyone please pray that this will stop now, and that we will all be safe, and everyone in America will be safe. This is just not right.

aly
09-11-2001, 06:12 PM
Sandra, I am so glad your husband is safe. I just got home and read that and almost had a panic attack until I saw your next message that said he was accounted for. Thank God. I will still keep you, and everyone else who was affected in my prayers.

I hope and pray this isn't the beginning of a long war. I am so scared. I can't understand how there can be so much hate and cruelty in this world. I can't understand why people would celebrate when people die, even people they hate.

I was doing bad this morning watching it all, so I went to the shelter. It was really good to be surrounded by wonderful people and beautiful, loving animals. If anyone is having a hard time coping with this, I'd suggest spending some quality time with your little fur babies, or the homeless ones at the shelter.

I have been thinking about all of you today, and I pray that you all will continue to be safe. I pray that this tragedy will put life into perspective for some people. I pray we can come together as a nation and conquer this. I pray that someday the violence and hate will stop.

Sudilar
09-11-2001, 06:43 PM
Oh Sandra, I am so glad you spoke to your husband. My prayers were with you.

My prayers are also with the teacher's daughter. So senseless. So tragic.

I also pray for all those people who were thoughtlessly slaughtered and their families. I am so sorry. What an awful tragedy...the innocent airplane passengers, the firefighters, the office workers...
I am devastated.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

RachelJ
09-11-2001, 06:46 PM
Sandra, a sigh of relief that you have heard from you husband and that he is safe.

Aly, you must take heart in that this is a great country with a great history and that we will rise to the occasion to protect our citizens. Much heroism has already occurred and will continue to be demonstrated.

Pam
09-11-2001, 08:26 PM
I just got in from our prayer service. God is the only constant in the world!!! What a blessing that we have freedom to worship in this country. May it always be so! So many do not. May God continue to Bless America!

We take our lives so much for granted, always thinking that we will be around tomorrow. Let us learn from this that each day is precious. Sandra I am so relieved that your husband is OK.

zippy-kat
09-11-2001, 08:35 PM
I've been close to tears all day. Sandra, when I read your post, I lost it. Thank God, your husband is ok. Thank God, Thelma is ok too.

I have an ex-boyfriend in the military. We don't get along but I sure hope he's ok. Have no idea of his where abouts...Germany the last I heard.

My prayers are with the hurt, the lost, the suffering, our leaders, our country...God help us!

Angels3
09-11-2001, 08:48 PM
All my American friends, I'm with Carrie (from the UK) in assuring you that your country has much love and support abroad. Here in Australia, the government immediately gave priority to protecting the US embassy & US consulates & US interests throughout our country.
We live near a big army base & we watched lots of transport helicopters flying out with SAS troops to join this protective ring around American citizens working abroad here.
We also have a commercial aircraft flight path above where the planes turn north after just taking off. There's an army gunship helicopter patrolling this section of the flight path & we can hear the continual low-flying rumbling.
Our hearts go out to you in your grief & uncertainty about some of your folk. The one practical thing we can do in Australia, is to go all out to keep safe your fellow Americans who are here with us. And we will! God bless you all. And, thank you, Paul, I shall visit the Franciscan site.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Angels3 ]

Daisy's Mom
09-11-2001, 08:55 PM
I just posted this under 'A Great Sadnes' but I am just going to post it again here...

This is incredibly devastating and I am sad I am too late for the prayer circle. We watched this all day in school and had a moment of silence before the final bell rang. People were scared, people were crying... it's horrible. I am still in shock. The planes were from Logan airport... I've been there so many times, taken so many planes from there... I just can't beleive it. My heart goes out to everyone's families who have lost or possibly lost a loved one. I can only imagine the horror of what they are going through right now.
I seriously hope this is not the start of a war. All the guys in school who are 18 or older are so afraid they would be drafted. I am also afraid... I don't want a war now. They are too dangerous in these times.

Again, my heart goes out to the grieving... even though we are all in our own states of grieving at this time. People are calling this the second Pearl Harbor, and saying that there may be 20,000 dead. The numbers are sickening. God help us all.

Sandra, thank God your husband is okay! Your post made me cry. Buddy, so did yours. My heart goes out to your teacher.

4 feline house
09-11-2001, 09:05 PM
Earlier this afternoon my son and I panicked when we heard a plane fly overhead, then shortly later heard on the news that it was the American Airlines Response Team taking off for New York - AA's headquarters are two miles from my house, and like I said before the world's fourth busiest airport is three miles away. AA had special permission from the FAA to take off. We heard two other planes later on, but the news is still saying only two were dispatched - I wonder what the other plane was? It is still eerie not to be having jets overhead every two minutes.

On the way home from the church service, I encountered many mini-traffic jams from people waiting in line to buy gas. I could not see how much it costs, though!

horse_1987
09-11-2001, 09:08 PM
I first heard about this at the end of period 1 and I spent period 2 in the library watching the news. I know i don't live in America but i was horrified with what i saw. I couldn't help myself from crying and after 15 min i couldn't watch anymore, so i left(i know its pretty bad, but im very sensitive to things like this). I spent the rest of the day on the edge of my seat, and i am SSSOOOOOOOO unbelievably happy to hear from everyone here at pet talk, and that everyone is okay. You guys are always here for me when i have a problem with one of my animals and when i heard this tragic news i imediatly thought of pet talk and how many of you live in America.
My dads a firefighter here in Ontario and he got asked to go to the World Trade Center and help dig for bodies in the debris for 2 weeks. He accepted, and i have no idea how to feel right now, im very proud of him for being so brave, but i am also very,very,very nervous and scared for him :( hes going to be taken over there in an army jet. All i know is i am very proud of him and will support him every step of the way. I just hope that things will settle down by then. I won't be able to sleep at all those 2 weeks and i will watch the news every secound of the day. bye for now pet talk, god bless you all.

4 feline house
09-11-2001, 09:13 PM
God bless your daddy, and we will be praying for him, too.

aly
09-11-2001, 09:19 PM
Bless your father. How brave and wonderful of a man he is. I thank your family for your courage and help you are giving us. You and your father will be in my prayers every night until he is home safely. Please give him a hug for helping and for being so wonderful. I have so much respect for all the firemen and other rescue workers.

gini
09-11-2001, 09:54 PM
Angel 3 - I have very dear friends who flew in from Boston to stay with me for a week while we all attended a wedding and related events. After the wedding they took off for Australia and are there now. I just had a postcard from them yesterday RAVING
about your wonderful country. Thank you for taking good care of them - they are very special people. Please know, that we would do the very same for you without hesitation.

horse 1987 - I was so touched to think that your father will be in New York to help with the rescue efforts. I know that all of us will pray that he is kept safe and will return to you soon. Another Canadian offering selflessly for America's benefit.
We are very grateful.

Regarding gasoline prices, I heard on CNN that a woman in Indiana went to work and gas was $1.69 - but when she came out of work at the end of the day the price was $3.50.

Sandra, we are so glad to hear your husband is alright and we will continue to hold your other family members in our prayers. What a horrible day you must have had and I am so sad.

Gini

shais_mom
09-11-2001, 10:32 PM
Sandra, Thank God your husband is alright.
Heather, I started to cry when I read your post, God bless your family and father for helping us, just b/c you don't live here doesn't mean you don't feel compassion for humankind. That shows just how special you are.
God bless everyone. I just found out tonight that my brother in law flew to Dallas yesterday for work. Thank God he flew yesterday and not today.
A student at work said her dad was supposed to be on one of the planes but it was grounded after the first attack. He is driving back from Boston, and it would take a couple days to get home.
I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, as always.

4 feline house
09-11-2001, 10:34 PM
It has just been confirmed that 800 people died in the Pentagon - this is vastly more than the approximated 100 I've been hearing all day.....

09-11-2001, 10:43 PM
I just came back from a prayer vigil at my church. It did help a lot. I have some thoughts that I would like to share....

First of all, my heart is overflowing with grief and there is no room for anger or vengence. I hear so many people say that they are just so angry, how could this happen, why did this happen, we should just nuc 'em.... and on and on. That just weighs on my heart even more so. If they have faith in God then they are taking this into their own hands and being hypocritical. Justice will come to these people some day.

The people responsible got exactly what they wanted. The hijakers were on a suicide mission. If they would die just to harm Americans because of the hate in their hearts for us then what more could we do to them to make them pay? Nothing. There is not one thing on this earth, not any torture that would change the events of today or create fear in the hearts of those responsible. Their fate will be met....

In church we prayed, we prayed a lot and one thing that is soooooo important to remember is peace. Pray for peace in the hearts of each and every American. Pray that people do not take out agression or retaliation on those middle eastern citizens of the US no matter what those people feel. It is not for us to do! It will also not change anything. It would make us no better than those who created this catastrophe. Pray for peace in everyone's heart.... please.

I live in a town called Phoenix. The phoenix is a mythological bird that rose from the ashes - this is what we as Americans need to do. Rise above this horrid day and stand tall. Help those in need in any way you can and be proud and do not be shaken. Pray for the people who are suffering and the souls of those missing and who perished. That should be our only focus... not revenge and hate.

Love and peace - Be strong and my hearts are with all of you and your families now and forever.

Thanks for letting me go on... this is how I feel and I hope I have not offended... that was not my intention. I do not want to make this a political or religious forum but in this horrible time I felt the need to express some things and we all have and will come together as one.

Love Angel

aly
09-11-2001, 10:50 PM
Angel, I share your same feelings in that I have only been able to feel grief and disbelief as of yet. I do not want a war to start or any other violence ANYWHERE to take place. The only thing that concerns me is if we let this happen and not do anything about it, I'm afraid people will keep attacking at us. I am just going to have faith in the President and in this country that we will pull through and get past this devastating tragedy.

4 feline house
09-11-2001, 10:53 PM
How are everyone's furry guys? Big's been confused ever since I came home at 11:00 - instead of my usual 6:30. He knows something's up because he's not getting his usual amount of attention.

aly
09-11-2001, 11:06 PM
Reece and Lolly have been quiet with sad eyes all day. They spent the afternoon at my sister's apartment because one of her roommates had been crying all day thinking her sister was dead. They eventually found her though, couldn't get through because of the cell phones and regular phone lines in NYC being down. Anyway, my sister and her roommates needed a stress reliever so I dropped the dogs off while I went to the shelter. Both Reece and Lolly are very sensitive and pick up on peoples' emotions very well. So they've been very somber and a bit sad today :( Tomorrow I will cheer them up as much as I can, and try no be too upset around them so they don't get upset. Maybe I will try Leslie's trick of chewing gum. Was it cinnamon gum, Leslie?

Shiloh's been walking around tonight meowing very loudly. I don't know if she's bored or picking up on the tense air.

All three are sleeping peacefully at my side right now.

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]

KYS
09-11-2001, 11:10 PM
Bless your father, he is a very brave and good man. Sandra, I am so glad you husband is safe. I send many prayers to all the
families, friends and to our brave rescue people who have suffered in this traggic
cowardly attach.
I have been watching CNN and BBC news.
It is heart wrenching to hear about the
calls comming from the brave people on
the high Jack airlines before their death.
Israel is sending over their Search and Rescue teams to N.Y.
Many countries are offering
their support.

Work for me was very quiet and sad.
Most of the Government offices were closed
and well as all high profile places.
All Police agencies are still on
Tactical Alert until further notice.

Terrorism effects all of us around the world.
Hopefully together we will find away to end it.

Prayers to everyone.

Angels3
09-11-2001, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gini:
[QB]Angel 3 they took off for Australia and are there now. I just had a postcard from them yesterday RAVING
about your wonderful country. Thank you for taking good care of them - they are very special people.

Gini, Australia & America have always been good friends so it comes naturally to us to want to protect your citizens, assets & interests in our country from the kind of brutality we've just seen on the TV screens.
Thank you, I know you would do the same for us...in fact, you have...at the Battle of the Coral Sea in World War 2.
Former-President Bill Clinton is also holidaying here in the tropical north of our state. A massive protective ring has been placed around him, too.
It is so cruel that the American people in New York & Washington have suffered for no other reason than that they were decently going about their daily business or trying to save their fellow citizens. Through all the horror, their courage & generosity still shine through as an inspiration to the rest of the world.

Logan
09-11-2001, 11:26 PM
Can't sleep....

I've been reading all of your wonderful and supportive posts tonight. Sandra, my heart sank when I read your initial message. I wanted to call you so badly.

Folks, this is just too tremendous for words, but like a lot of you, I am calling on my Lord to help us through this.

On a happier note, I am involved in something wonderful today and tomorrow. I am transporting a little Alaskan Malamute puppy to his forever home in North Georgia tomorrow. His travels started in eastern NC, where he has been staying with a friend of mine from the Golden Retriever Community. His leg was broken severely, by accident, at his first foster home. He tried to get in the middle of a wrestling match with two larger dogs. After surgery and recuperation, he is on his way to his forever home. He is here with us tonight, and my girls, including both cats, are getting along with "Cheech" beautifully. He is indeed a bright spot in the midst of a lot of sadness for all of us. I am so happy to be a part of something that is good.

Let's pray for all the rescue and recovery workers, victims, their families, our President and his staff, as well as the wonderful canines who are helping to find bodies and living people.

Night everyone. Love to you all from all of us.

Logan, Helen, Lilly, Honey, Butter, Mimi and baby Cheech

aly
09-11-2001, 11:32 PM
Thanks for telling us some good news Logan. I can't sleep either. I can't do much of anything. Give sweet Cheech kisses from me. And drive safely tomorrow.

zippy-kat
09-12-2001, 12:08 AM
As I posted under 'a great sadness,'

I can't get through to my parents. They aren't anywhere near the tragedy but it's all still a bit scary.

Found out that my aunt lives 15 minutes away from Camp David. I knew she lived close but not that close! They are ok though.

I really have nothing to say. I'm in tears just re-reading thru the posts. What a heaviness in the hearts of all Americans tonight.

Logan, I'm glad to hear such happy news. Be sure to give the pup a good ear *scritch* and kiss for me. (Honey, Lily, Butter, Mimi..too.)

Sophie isn't pacing like she usually does at night. (she usually paces to come out of her cage.) IN fact, she burried herself UNDER all her shredded paper and stayed there for awhile. Right now she's munching Timmy hay--as soon as she finishes, she'll be out...probably for the rest of the night as I doubt that I'll get much sleep.

Fort Bliss (El Paso, TX) is shut down. If "something" were to go on there, I'd only be 30-45 minutes away from it.

I've heard rumors of a rumor, that there was a bomb threat on campus today. Dunno if it's true or not... As far as I know, classes are still being conducted tomorrow.

Peace be with us through the night.

{HUGS} and Prayers to you all.

blueruby
09-12-2001, 12:53 AM
I heard about it this morning and I live in Canada. I felt really sorry for those ppl who were in the wtc and pentagon. To all those ppl RIP :(

Gio
09-12-2001, 03:34 AM
Sandra,
you don't know how relieved I am to know your husband is OK, when I read your first post my heart skipped a beat.

Horse 1987 I will think daily of your dad.

delidog
09-12-2001, 04:31 AM
i was not able to be on pet talk yesterday as i was just frozen in horror....i went to work and we were all like zombies...my mom lives in e.strousburg,pa....so i was worried about her...anyway,we closed early...i came home and was unable to sign on as i was watching the devastation....not to minimize...but i feel this makes pearl harbor look like small potatoes...i pray for all these people...and for the president to have the strength to make strong decisions....even though i am from norfolk,england and still hold my citizenship there, it does not matter,this sort of devastation should never happen...n.y.c. now looks like beirut!!!!i am just overwhelmed!!!!!!i pray for all the people and their families...i hope all your loved ones are safe on pet talk...the deli dog :confused: :mad: :eek: :confused: :mad: :eek:

delidog
09-12-2001, 05:19 AM
sandra, i am glad that your husband is o.k.i watcehed them build the w.t.c. from my apt. on 79th. st.in north bergen n.j....i know where you are speaking of precisely...i hope all of our pet talk friends and family are o.k.....and i pray for the souls i do not know personally who were involved in this..the deli :(

ellensy
09-12-2001, 06:43 AM
Its really sad to hear about what happened to NYC. Me and my furry friends would always remember to include you all in our prayers. I hope that everybody will be fine. :eek:

PJ's Mom
09-12-2001, 07:32 AM
Amen. I have never seen anything so horrible in my life. May God be with the families of the victims. :(

cr7clark
09-12-2001, 08:13 AM
My heartfelt thanks and appreciation goes out to our friends from England, Australia, Canada, and elsewhere who have taken the time to post encouraging messages and prayers on this board. Yes, we all need to be in an attitude of prayer...let's remember to ask God for wisdom for our nation's leaders, that they (and we) will not just "lash out" in pain, but be steadfast and vigilant to pursue and bring to justice the real perpetrators of these horrible acts. Let's especially not try to blame all Arabs or Muslims for what just a few do. I work in a military installation and have had the privilege of meeting people from all over the world, and many of them from the Middle East deplore acts of terrorism as much as we do.

tatsxxx11
09-12-2001, 12:17 PM
A big ditto to that BosMom. Already a great tragedy, this horror would only be tragically compounded by the condemnation of all the citizens of any race, religion or nation.

Albea
09-12-2001, 12:20 PM
Sandra:
I just got here. I didn't know you hadn't been able to reach your husband, but now that you have I thank God he is safe.
Heather:
God bless and keep safe your very brave and compassionate dad for coming to NY to help.
Carrie:
Thanks to you and your husband for your support and friendship at this terrible time.
It's hard to think or say more than what everybody else at POTD has said.

jackiesdaisy1935
09-12-2001, 03:29 PM
Logan, in the middle of all this horrible tragedy you made me smile with the story of transporting "Cheech" the little baby to his new home. What a wonderful feeling that must be, I envy you. God speed and God bless.
Jackie

tatsxxx11
09-12-2001, 04:34 PM
Some happy news. Logan called me via cell phone en route to Georgia with the precious Cheech! He was sleeping comfortably in his crate, looking up to check on Logan lovingly every few minutes. We talked to each other for quite a while, till Logan was almost at her destination with her precious cargo. Thank you Logan for your wonderful efforts toward assuring this deserving, beautiful baby a much deserved, loving, forever home. As hard as it is to concentrate on anything but the current devastation, loving acts such as this can only help to heal our wounds and our sadness. Thank you Logan and congratulations Cheech :)

wolf_Q
09-12-2001, 04:51 PM
Heaven on Earth
We need it now
I'm sick of all of this
Hanging around
Sick of Sorrow
Sick of pain
Sick of hearing again and again
That there's gonna be
Peace on Earth

Where I grew up
There weren't many trees
Where there was we'd tear them down
And use them on our enemies
They say that what you mock
Will surely overtake you
And you become a monster
So the monster will not break you

It's already gone too far
Who said that if you go in hard
You won't get hurt

Jesus could you take the time
To throw a drowning man a line
Peace on Earth
Tell the ones who hear no sound
Whose sons are living in the ground
Peace on Earth
No whos or whys
No one crieas like a mother cries
For peace on Earth
She never got to say goodbye
To see the color in his eyes
Now he's in the dirt
That's peace on Earth

They're reading names out over the radio
All the folks the rest of us won't get to know
Sean and Julia, Gareth, Ann and Breda
Theire lives are bigger, than any big idea

Jesus can you take the time
To throw a drowning man a line
Peace on Earth
To tell the ones who hear no sound
Whose sons are living in the ground
Peace on Earth

Jesus this song you wrote
The words are sticking in my throat
Peace on Earth
Hear it every Christmas time
But hope and history won't rhyme
So what's it worth?
This peace on Earth

Peace on Earth
Peace on Earth
Peace on Earth

~~"Peace on Earth" U2/Bono

Karen
09-12-2001, 08:20 PM
When I awoke today
The towers were still gone,
The skies were still empty,
And reality was, well, real.

This had not been some long, sad dream,
A mass hallucination
Though we wished, oh, how we wished,
That it had been.

Countless tiny human tales were being told
A cousin climbing down 102 flights - safe.
A person - persons - seen falling, flailing
A frantic loving phone call from a doomed son

The horror of the deed, the aftermath
The knowledge that we all are changed
That this was no ordinary passing of 24 hours
That the stream of existence, ever changing,
Had been dammed, diverted and
Will forever remain so
Sinks into our national consciousness

Despite tears, despite anger
Despite calls for revenge and
Prayers for peace
Despite shouts of exultation from foreign lands
Seeming more foreign than ever before
Despite the rubble, the deaths
The hopes, prayers and tears
Despite the unceasing work of bone-tired men and women

We go on
We must

And amidst the strange sameness, even numbness
We are - irrevocably

Changed.

God help us every one.

Logan
09-12-2001, 09:20 PM
Karen, what a precious and loving message you have posted. I thank God for your wonderful ability with words at a time like this.

Hearing Sandra's voice this morning while Cheech and I were driving to Atlanta was a Godsend too. She helped me make it from Greenville to the SC/GA line...and I could have kept on talking with her until I got to Atlanta. I wish I could hear each of your voices, but I have sat here and read every loving post, and have received many, many wonderful emails from concerned friends.

Helen and I were where we needed to be tonight...at church. And the tears finally came for me and many others.

We all need people around us in times like this. I hope each of you has some outlet to be with others quietly, even if it is just contacting us through this board or through an email correspondence. This will haunt us all for the rest of our lives, I'm sure.

We continue to pray for our nation, our President, each of you, our dear friends and for all those whose friends and family didn't make it home.

KayAnn
09-12-2001, 09:31 PM
Jeez all of this seems like a horror movie, but its true.. i never thought i would have to go threw something like this.. ive been crying almost all day.. its scary :( i just dont know what to do.. im always afraid to die, not only because my family.. but.. what will happen to Simba? one question that always crosses my mind, if God is so great, why does he make people die, amke them sick, hurt people, make them sad, or have some crap like this happen????!?!?!?!?!?
i dont get it.. this world is just unexplanable.
and i dont understand why cant people get along.. we are all the same.. no1 is different.. we are equal. The one thing i hate most in the world is racism. It SUCKS!
I hate violence, i hate people who think they are something they are not, i hate people who think they are big n bad, i hate STUPIDITY! :mad:

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: KayAnn ]

4 feline house
09-12-2001, 10:04 PM
KayAnn, I know this is not a faith board, and I know not everyone who visits is a Christian, so I hope everyone will give me a little leeway in addressing your question:

God does not "make" people die. In fact, God does not "make" anyone do anything. We all have choice. No, those people did not choose to be in a building while it was hit by a hijacked plane, but they did choose whether or not to follow him when they were alive. If they have, then they suffered no harm, because everything of this world is temporary - their panic, their anguish, their pain - they are now with their Lord, receiving their eternal reward, never to feel panic, anguish or pain again. Their families did not choose to be related to someone whose life was cut short so tragically, but with their faith in God and his promise of eternal life they know they will see each other again.

God gave us this choice, because he knew we could not love Him unless we had the choice to love Him. Do you feel any affection towards anyone who demands that you honor and love them?

Remember, too, there are forces of evil and good constantly at war. What happened yesterday is the forces of evil winning the latest battle. But the forces of good, in other words - God, will reign in the end.

There are alot of things that don't make sense, even to us faithful. There are alot of things God never tells us. For instance, God chose not to tell us of Jesus' life from age 12 to 30. We are merely man and do not need to know and would not be able to understand everything.

I am not trying to proselytize, and I thank everyone for giving me time to express.

I hope this helps you to understand, KayAnn, as much as any of us can.

gini
09-12-2001, 11:06 PM
God works in strange ways. Today many people I talked to commented on the calm and courteous way people were talking to each other, there was no road rage.

This is a wake-up call for us to get our priorities straight once more.

Pam
09-13-2001, 08:44 AM
Leah thank you for that note. It was beautifully put. It seems so often people are ready to blame God for everything that goes wrong while at the same time forgetting to thank him for blessings. I am sure His heart is broken at this most recent display of man's inhumanity to man. Have no fear, the people responsible will pay for this now and in the hereafter.

Cougie Wechsler
09-13-2001, 08:55 AM
Thank you 4Feline House for answering the question that so many people are asking! I have been asked the same questions from many people since I am a Christian also and it helps to be able to answer.

wolflady
09-13-2001, 11:20 AM
I received this today and thought I would share:
Dear Heavenly Father,
We are moved by the alarming news and crisis that our country is facing. This, the greatest nation, founded in the believe that
"In God We Trust" & the "Land of the Free". Please have mercy on those
suffering, hurting and in fear, and give wisdom & strength to those who are assisting. May the forces of evil be broken by your power and may we humble before thee, our strength and refuge.
Give wisdom to all our President & our leaders and bring your comforting peace through the power of your Holy Spirit. Help us here to reach to those that have been affected by this tragedy.
In the name of our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus. AMEN

Stenograsaurus
09-13-2001, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by wolflady:
<STRONG>I received this today and thought I would share:
Dear Heavenly Father,
We are moved by the alarming news and crisis that our country is facing. This, the greatest nation, founded in the believe that
"In God We Trust" & the "Land of the Free". Please have mercy on those
suffering, hurting and in fear, and give wisdom & strength to those who are assisting. May the forces of evil be broken by your power and may we humble before thee, our strength and refuge.
Give wisdom to all our President & our leaders and bring your comforting peace through the power of your Holy Spirit. Help us here to reach to those that have been affected by this tragedy.
In the name of our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus. AMEN</STRONG>

AMEN

carrie
09-13-2001, 05:24 PM
As the horrors continue to surface it is with great thanks that I keep returning to this haven of love and peace that is Pet Talk.

At Buckingham Palace this morning the American Ambassador was invited to observe the Band of The Changing of the Gaurd play the American National Anthem. It was incredibly moving. This ceremony has never been altered and was done so today at the direct request of the Queen. She has now arrived back in London to meet with the Ambassador and convey our Country's shock, grief, prayers and heartfelt sympathy and understanding of the useless waste that such terrorism brings.

There have been many British lost in these atrocities. More in this one day due to terrorism than on any other single day.

Even as events move so swiftly on it is only now that the reality that this has actually happened, could have happened, is begining to sink in.

The world has changed and it will never be the same.
The terrorists think that they have brought this change about and they are right.
They have changed the world into a place where terrorists are no longer tolerated.
They have changed the world into a place that will hunt down and punish those that practice terrorism and those that support them in any way.
They have changed the world into a place where their power and freedom is soon to end.
They have changed the world into a place that will be safer, closer and stronger.
They have changed the world into a place where they will fear for their safety.

They wanted to change the world - their mistake was to underestimate the world they are trying to change.

Cynthia
09-13-2001, 05:40 PM
Carrie, Thank you for sharing this most beautiful and sensitive gesture made by the Queen. I absolutely stopped in my tracks when I read about it and tried to imagine such a departure from protocol and tradition, all in the name of support for the American people.

And thank you for your especially eloquent words on how our world has changed. What a great reminder that the good guys will still triumph!

Much appreciation to you and everyone in your country from all of us.

carrie
09-13-2001, 07:08 PM
The little girl was four years old.

We have seen pictures all day of the Americans watching the ceremony at Buckingham Palace this morning. It has been heartbreaking to hear their comments. One man has said he is just desperate for a flight home, "I have so many funerals to attend."

Iraq has responded, yet again, as you would expect. The news agencies there are reporting that American and British bombing raids have targeted civilian areas. America has denied it and Britain has not bothered to make any response.

4 feline house
09-13-2001, 07:32 PM
The elevator at work has a little monitor with news blurbs - usually financial, but of course this week it's about the terrorist attacks - on my way down coming home this afternoon, the blurb stated that Kuwaitees were standing in lines for hours, donating blood.

AvaJoy
09-13-2001, 09:00 PM
I have not had my computer on since this tragedy. Tonight, I somehow managed to read all the posts through my tears. What a kinship I feel toward all of you, and I pray that all of your loved ones are safe. Our great nation will never be the same. With the tremendous outpouring of love and support from within and abroad, I hope and pray that we can overcome these wretched, sinister, evil acts of terrorism, and insure that nothing even remotely similar EVER occurs again. In God's name I pray.

Cougie Wechsler
09-13-2001, 10:08 PM
Spencer, a truly touching photo. One of the news channels also showed a fireman with a rescued kitten in his arms taking him to get care. The fireman said that he would keep him.

Eudora
09-14-2001, 05:16 AM
When I saw it I was hoping that everyone here was alright and also my cousin in Chicago(she's studying there). it is so horrific and from whatever I know, it has not been so bad since Pearl Harbor.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope everyone's alright!

Dixieland Dancer
09-14-2001, 08:29 AM
We do not yet realize the extent of what was originally planned on Tuesday by the terrorists. Kennedy airport opened briefly yesterday and the FBI arrested several terrorists who were originally scheduled on a flight on Tuesday that was cancelled. They were already aboard another flight headed to California. One was a pilot trained in the USA.

The support of other countries is such a relief. When justice is implemented it will be calming (if calm is an emotion we can feel again) to know we have more support than opposition!

Carrie,
I too was touched by your post. You have a eloquent way of putting things. Thanks!

KayAnn
09-14-2001, 09:33 AM
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/011/c6/9w/yl/jX67971.jpg
My proud American Doggie! ;)

Dixieland Dancer
09-14-2001, 09:45 AM
Simba looks like he's ready to fight the terrorists! Priceless picture! Thanks for sharing it KayAnn

KayAnn
09-14-2001, 10:16 AM
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/001/p5/Q9/Zn/oh27512.jpg
This pic was in MI, we were staying by a lake and it was after walking in the parade and the sun set was setting and he looks so proud to be an American!

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/Zm/OG/qt/ro52809.jpg Simba befor parade.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/031/cZ/Wq/u3/u827392.jpg
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/028/vU/3y/Rr/ow87918.jpg
Osama bin Laden, You dont wanna mess with this!

Corinna
09-14-2001, 10:21 AM
Kay Ann I love the picture of Simba so much can I have permission to use it as wallpaper on my computer?
Our 3 local towns are out of flags, yellow ribbion, and bunting all as of yesterday morning. I got the last 2 flags my daugters store had (only cuz she saved them for me) The wal-mart even ran out. Cool huh

KayAnn
09-14-2001, 10:28 AM
ya sure can! ;)

thelmalu99
09-14-2001, 11:24 AM
Kay Ann,
Please give that gorgeous puppy of yours huge kisses from me! :)

wolflady
09-14-2001, 12:39 PM
**hugs** to everyone here at POTD and all the furbabies! Simba, I love your pics!! You always bring a smile to people's faces :)

I was driving into work this morning, and I noticed that on every overpass that I crossed under...that was a large American flag hung over the side. What a neat thing to see. Everyone I have run into today has been wearing at least a little token of the good ol' red, white, and blue! Get those candles out tonight at 7pm everyone, and show the world that we are united!!! I'm thankful for all of you here at POTD. It's a good reminder that there is goodness in the world and we will prevail! Let's give those heros (firefighters, police, rescue workers....everyone involved with the disaster recovery) all of our prayers, for it's going to be a long and tough journey....

wolf_Q
09-14-2001, 06:00 PM
Hi everyone. I made a couple of pics for you. Feel free to forward them on. The first one makes a nice tile desktop. The other one is to put on your website. Let me know if you use them.~~Amy :)
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/028/Xw/Dn/rz/J524163.jpg
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/028/Vi/Oh/ci/Iy40303.jpg

4 feline house
09-14-2001, 08:06 PM
I saw a sight on the way home that was at the same time hilarious and touching.

As we all know, flags are running short. Alot of people who already had them, or were lucky enough to get one of the remaining supply, are attaching antenna flags to their cars or those banners that attach to the car window, like the sports team banners that sprout during any championship playoff.

Today, I was behind a car that appeared to have one of those window banner flags, although it did seem quite small. As I got closer and overtook the car, I saw that it was not a window banner, it was the passenger holding a very small flag through the cracked window, proud and straight! :D http://mysmilies.com/salute.gif

4 feline house
09-14-2001, 10:39 PM
I was surprised Wednesday afternoon when the train that comes before mine was so late that it got there a few minutes before my train. Although this is a commuter train, it shares part of its route with the Amtrak rail between Fort Worth and Dallas. When I got home, there was a story on the news about two men who were arrested at the train station in Fort Worth, who had no citizenship or immigration papers, fake airline IDs, a large amount of cash, and box cutters. They were on an Amtrak train and began arguing, making enough of a disturbance that the police were called. They were on a train heading to San Antonio, because the plane they were on from Newark to St. Louis to San Antonio never took off again after its St. Louis stopover.

Well, the police came out, then the drug dogs were called, then immigration, etc. I figured alot of the story was speculation, conjecture, and downright rumor (like the car bomb outside the Pentagon), or that they were arrested too hastily because they were Middle Eastern (like the poor guy arrested in Dallas on April 19, 1995 simply because he was Arab and had just driven down from Oklahoma City).

Now they are in FBI custody in New York, because subsequent investigations reveal that they have knowledge of the terrorists plans and are at least loosely associated with Osama bin Laden.

To think, they were in Fort Worth (creepy feeling crawling all over skin)!

When my dad was in the service, San Antonio (where we spent a large portion of his Air Force career since he was a flight instructor) was always high on the possible enemy attack sites because of large number of Army and Air Force bases, and the basic and pilot training functions on the Air Force bases. Most of those bases are closed, now, though, so I'm wondering why they were trying to get there. There was some speculation that the plane they were on was also supposed to be hijacked, probably between St. Louis and San Antonio. But who knows if this is true, or where they would have eventually crashed. Oooh (creepy feeling crawling all over skin again)!

zippy-kat
09-14-2001, 11:23 PM
Thanks Amy, I am proudly displaying your button on my website.

aly
09-15-2001, 12:52 AM
Leah, that is REALLY scary. I am very nervous now since I am so close to San Antonio.

At school, I park off campus and ride the bus to campus every day. On the way from campus back to my car this afternoon, some idiot screamed there was a bomb on the bus. It was just a stupid frat guy trying to make some kind of joke. We still had to all get off the bus and go through a bunch of stuff that made me an hour late getting home. I wish people would stop the pranks.

[ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]

Karen
09-15-2001, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by aly:
<STRONG>some idiot screamed there was a bomb on the bus. It was just a stupid frat guy</STRONG>

He should be arrested.

I am afraid there will be more of this, unfortunately.

aly
09-15-2001, 12:53 PM
I think he was arrested, but I'm not sure. He was detained after everyone else by the university police, and I think the city police were on their way.

Daisy's Mom
09-16-2001, 01:02 AM
That is horrible! People like that are just so stupid. Lots of people in school have that same "this-is-a-big-joke" attitude. It makes me so mad.

I just found out that one of the planes that hit the towers was hijakked right as it was flying over Gardner, Massachusetts.... Gardner is the town right next to Westminster. Creepy... it's sickening to think that they were right above my head, living the last few minutes of their lives.

carrie
09-16-2001, 11:29 AM
The people that make these "jokes" or stage these "hoaxes" are very frightened people. They have neither the moral fibre or maturity to deal with the most horrible events that have happened in America.
Who does?
If you hear anyone make a joke or are witness to a hoax please say VERY loudly to the instigator, "I am really sorry that you are emotionally unable to deal with your feelings, if you want to talk about things I'm here for you. I hope you can mature in time to cope with the consequences."
Feel sorry for these people, not angry. There are others in the world that deserve your anger far more than sad immature individuals that can't understand the gravity of the situation now and the possibilities of what is to come.
Feel and express pity VERY LOUDLY, save your outrage for those that deserve it.

KayAnn
09-16-2001, 12:45 PM
Ugh, so many kdis at school just laughed as people jumped to their deaths and as the towers fell. I told them to shut up. I sure hope they wouldn't be laughing if someone they knew worked at the WTC or in the Pentagon. :mad:

Karen
09-16-2001, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by SpencerTheLion:
<STRONG>

Many of the people who jumped knew they were going to die in the flames if they remained on the tower. :( If I were a teacher, I'd want to take them to a morgue and ask them if it's still funny.</STRONG>

Actually, some people laugh when they're nervous or afraid, sometimes it is a conscious decision to not appear afraid to their peers, sometimes it's almost involuntary. Do not speak to them angrily, speak to them of grief and kindness - whether or not they react in kind is NOT important, they will remember.

Dixieland Dancer
10-11-2001, 01:20 PM
I checked out some of the photos. There are some really great shots of before, during, and after! Thanks for linking to it Spencer.