PDA

View Full Version : We'll have a house guest for a little while!

pitc9
02-21-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm in the process of finding a forever home for a Toy Fox Terrier named Stimpy. His "parents" got divorced and sadly, neither of them want him. I work with stimpy's "dad".

So I've been talking to someone in Somerset, PA that wants him, I've spoken to a rescue in the area that is going to do a home check for me. I've already spoken to her vet, and the rescue that is helping me is going to get Stimpy neutered and all of his shots at a very low cost. (the woman that wants Stimpy does not have a lot of money)
Well... things are NOT moving quickly, and Stimpy's "mom" wants him gone NOW!!! His "dad" lives in an apartment and can't take him, so they were going to take him back to their house (which is empty and has sold, and will be closed by the end of the week)

THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE!!! They were just going to leave this little guy in an empty house all day long, and let him out once or twice a day until he couldn't stay there any longer. What were they going to do with him after that!??:mad: :mad:

So Stimpy is coming to my house tomorrow, his "Dad" is going home at lunch tomorrow and will bring him to me, and he'll stay with me until I find him a home. So I asked what all is he going to come with... crate... food... etc. He said "nothing" Oh... I think I have some shampoo. When I asked what about his food, he told me that Stimpy ran out of food a few days ago, and his ex hasn't gotten him any more food, so he's been eating cat food for a few days!!!:eek:
Grrrr....... :mad: :mad:
I'm glad Stimpy will be coming home with me. Poor guy has itchy dry skin, and they say they don't know what to do about it!
HOW ABOUT TAKING HIM TO A VET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay... I feel better now!

So... Sierra, Buddy and I are going to head to PetSmart now to get some stuff for the new guy tomorrow.

I'll make sure to post plenty of pictures!! I'm sure Micki is going to go crazy over him!!!!!:p

RobiLee
02-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Oh, I'm so glad that you are going to be taking in Stimpy. Sounds like he was not in a very good home.

Well done, Angie! /Best of Luck and I hope Stimpy will find his forever home soon.

Robin :)

P.S. Can't wait to see the pics!

captain
02-21-2005, 05:10 PM
THANK YOU for doing this ........... some people :mad: :mad: :mad:

Can't wait to hear all about it ......

tatsxxx11
02-21-2005, 05:13 PM
What a wonderful thing you're doing, Angie! You are Stimpy's guardian angel!:) Oh, thank goodness these people DID get a divorce! Imagine the awful life Stimpy would have had with them! DO take pics!!! I LOVE Fox Terriers!:D Yay, Stimpy's outta there! CATFOOD!:mad: SO bad for pups!:(

dukedogsmom
02-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Poor guy. I can't believe neither of them want him! Sounds like he'll be much better off with you and I hope he finds a real furever home soon.

chocolatepuppy
02-21-2005, 07:15 PM
I don't think I like these people much! :mad: Good for you for taking Stimpy! Best of luck finding him the home he deserves! :)

cloverfdx
02-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Well done Angie on getting little Stimpy out of that situation, some people :mad: . I will keep Stimpy in my thoughts and hope that he finds his forever home soon. Cannot wait to "meet" Stimpy.

micki76
02-21-2005, 07:34 PM
LOL Angie, you know me too well. I can’t wait to see some pics of 'lil Stimpy. I love that name BTW - perfect for a TFT.

Chester has BAD allergies and I hope that’s not the problem with Stimpy. It can be very expensive to maintain and to keep the dog comfortable. I really hope that’s not the case with him and that his itchy skin is from bad food or something. :(

You’re such a good soul to help this poor little guy out! Thank you for opening your home to him. It may get interesting at your house with Buddy & Sierra. I hope he’s good with other dogs. Beware, TFT’s can be too big for their britches. :D

I’ll be checking PT all day tomorrow waiting for pics! LOL

shais_mom
02-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Good for you Angie!!!
ggrrrr some people are sooo stupid....
My sister's father in law did that to his cat for 6 mos. Just went back and forth and fed/watered him every couple days then when he decided to take him to the new house - he couldn't figger out why he was so standoffish...
DUUUUHHH
I bet you can barely stand to look at Stimpy's dad.....
There was a girl at work that had 2 dogs then she rehomed both of them b/c she just didn't have time for them and kept them outside all the time then came home from the friggin pound with a beagle. I could barely be civil to her. She has since quit and is supposedly moved to NY I don't know what happened to the dog but I say "don't let the door hit ya"....

pitc9
02-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Well we didn't go to the pet store last night because I am going to meet Stimpy's dad at Petsupply Plus today at 4:30. I have to get him food, a leash, treats, flea stuff (yes, he also has fleas:mad: :eek: )and what ever else I need to spoil him!!
His owner already told me that he'll walk right up to a big dog while it's eating and growl at them till he gets there food.
So.... I'm going to make 100% Sure that they eat in different rooms with the door locked!!!! LOL!!! I don't know how Buddy would like that!!
I think I am just going to feed him what I feed my pups, Pro Plan Sensitive Skin & Stomach, my pups need it because of their tummies, and Stimpy could benifit from the skin part of it!! And heck, he's been eating CAT FOOD for three days!! So I'm not even going to bother buying Iams and switching him little by little! (He was eating Iams) I'll just keep an eye on him, I'm sure I'll start him off by mixing some rice in it, just to make the transition a little smoother.
I'm pretty sure his forever home fell through, but that's okay because the rescue that was helping me is going to take him.
I just have to keep the little guy till this weekend!
I'll post pictures when we get home tonight!!!

kt_luvs_kitties
02-22-2005, 01:29 PM
Good luck with Stimpy, and I am SO glad you are helping him:D

micki76
02-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Darn! I was hoping he'd be there by now! :(

I can't wait to see him! The fleas are probably why he's so itchy, not dry skin. Poor kid.

So, is the rescue taking him to shelter or will you be fostering him? ;)

pitc9
02-22-2005, 02:48 PM
No... no Stimpy yet... I am getting him at 4:30 Eastern Time
(less then as hour!!!)

I will keep him until I can get him to the rescue in Somerset, PA.
I've been talking to the woman that runs it, and told her I'd be willing to drive half way this Sunday to meet her so she can take him. Somerset, PA is 3 1/2 hours away from me.

tatsxxx11
02-22-2005, 03:19 PM
C'mon Stimpy!!! Only 11 more minutes!:D

micki76
02-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Gah! No Stimpy yet? :p Patience is a virtue that I don't possess. :D

RobiLee
02-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Ohhh Angie!! We are all waiting! We want to see Stimpy. I hope everything is going well.

GraciesMommy
02-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Thank God you are willing to care for him in the meantime..can't believe how some people think!

PS..I read your post/pics of Stimpy since you have him now too..but I had missed this before and hunted it up to find out how you came to have him..
Good for you for caring!