Has anyone ever had a pierced ear close up on them ? I had my
ears pierced years ago & all was fine. I haven't been wearing
my studs for a few months now & the right side seems to have
grown back together. I wanted to wear some earrings the other
day & finally managed to get the right sided one in, but it's been
bleeding & very sore ever since.

cali
02-21-2005, 12:55 PM
my friend has had her ears repearced several times, as her ears close up VERY fast. I would not know though myself though as my ears have been peirced since I was 2, I almost never wear earings and my holes have never even begun to close up before.

Nomilynn
02-21-2005, 01:05 PM
This happened to me all the time when I wasn't wearing earrings. I finally just went out and bought sleepers so I could wear earrings all the time.

With some people they never close up but with others it doesn't take very long. If it's really sore try using a salt water soak on it and something like tea tree soap or a clear soap like Pears.

:)

catnapper
02-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Yes, my second holes are closed up. I used to have a lot of pain associated with wearing earrings in those holes so I never did. They closed up after eyars of being open.

Andie
02-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Mine (all three in each lobe) close up all the time. All I do is clean the holes and post of the earring with a q-tip dipped in peroxide. Right before I put the earring back in, I coat the post in vaseline (or another petroleum jelly product). This coats the inside of the hole, reducing the bleeding and keeps the germs out which could help with the pain.