PDA

View Full Version : what? rehome misty? NO WAY

cali
02-21-2005, 11:36 AM
oo I cannot believe my mom would even think it. she comes up to me this morning and says

"you know what has been weighing on my mind latley?"

"no"

"the thought of rehoming misty"

the word "no" was out of my mouth so fast.. i cannot believe she would say that, then she said "its not entirly my(her) desision" well no kidding! Misty is MY dog, and only a few months away from being legaly MY dog! I got news for her, it aint gonna happin! Misty is my baby, she is the best dog I ever had, she gets into trouble a lot I know, but she's got character, shes got spunk, and she is my baby without a doubt.

vinjashira
02-21-2005, 11:48 AM
why did your mom think of rehoming misty at the first place??

flamepony12
02-21-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by vinjashira
why did your mom think of rehoming misty at the first place??

Ditto??

cali
02-21-2005, 12:00 PM
my mom has never been a Misty fan, she has to take on a lot of the responsability of Misty as I am in grade 12 and have teachers that appearently enjoy giving 10 hours of homwork a day. but in a few months I will be able to take all the responsability off her back she she wont have to deal with it anymore besides being in the same house as Misty lol

cali
02-21-2005, 05:40 PM
ok now I am seriously upset. my mom came home from shopping and Misty ran up to greet her, my mom yelled at her then started yelling at me saying she is fed up with Misty and she is the head of the house and has the right to do something about "that dog" I am keeping Misty with me at all times but she is going crazy she wants to say hi to my mom, and keeps crying because she wants to see her. know what the funny thing is? my mom is the one who told me I needed anoth border collie in the first place, if it wernt for my mom I would not even have Misty right now and now she wants to get rid of her. and quite frankly I will NEVER forgive her if she lays a finger on my dog.

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-21-2005, 05:42 PM
That's awful:(:( I hope nothing happens to Misty. I can't believe your mom would want to get rid of her since it was her decision to get another BC in the first place....

luvofallhorses
02-21-2005, 05:44 PM
That's awful I hope nothing happens to Misty. I can't believe your mom would want to get rid of her since it was her decision to get another BC in the first place....

ditto:( I hope your mom doesn't find her a new home:(

Buddy Blaze Lover
02-21-2005, 05:56 PM
That's terrible!!!:(:(:( I hope you get to keep Misty!! Blaze is SO much trouble too, but I KNOW my parents won't get rid of him, because they really know how much I love him!:( *Please stay Misty* and *please change your mind, Cali's mom!*:(

cali
02-21-2005, 06:02 PM
my dad told me not to worry and to spend my time teaching Misty to stay out of trouble. uh what does he think I have been doing? basicly I gated off the basment, put a big bowl of water down there, she has my bed and a doggie bed and a leash attched to my bed, she can rech my entire room on it she just cant destroy my door lol and am giving her stuff to do when I cant be with her, when she is up here she is either crated to tied to me. and the piggie room in the basment is closed off. there is no way she can get into trouble this way. and hopefully my mom will change her mind about wanting to rehome Misty :(

Vette
02-21-2005, 06:04 PM
:rolleyes: Parents.

i dont have any advise.. but wanted to wish you the very best of luck. i hope things turn out the way you want. *hugs*

caseysmom
02-21-2005, 06:38 PM
From a parents point of view maybe she is just threatening that to get you to help with misty more...I hope thats all it is...you need to come up with a solution if your turning 18 in a few months you probably won't have the means to move out with 2 dogs on your own...good luck...maybe she is just in a bad mood.

Kevin Farmer
02-21-2005, 06:43 PM
I have to agree with caseysmom, and maybe you should approach her and simply ask what you can do together to keep your dog

cloverfdx
02-21-2005, 07:21 PM
I am shocked that you Mom would say that :(. I will keep both yourself and Misty in my thoughts.

cali
02-21-2005, 09:59 PM
the thing is I do everything with Misty in the first place, my mom feeds her and that it, aanything else she does with Misty is totally volintary and she asks me first! she appears to have calmed down now, I hope it will pass, if I remeber right she threatend to get rid of happy before too, not because she was trouble but fogered Happy would be happier on a farm or something, I was terrified that I would come home one day and Happy would not be there, and now I am going through that same fear again with Misty that I will come home from school and Misty will be gone, it will settle my mind a little that I am only at school for 2 hours at a time. but the only thing that happens when she does this is make me extremly untrusting of her,I already dont trust her du to an incident several years ago but this just breaks the little trust I did have in her :(

Suki Wingy
02-21-2005, 10:08 PM
:( Oh, that's awful! Having had it happen to me twice, all I can say is try to be as nice and out of the way as possible and make sure they see Misty doing something nice, something that might persuade her to change her mind. I really hope you and Misty don't have to have it happen to you both:( :(

rizzy
02-21-2005, 10:26 PM
I also agree with what caseysmom said. I really hope everything works our for you and Misty.

caseysmom
02-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by cali
the thing is I do everything with Misty in the first place, my mom feeds her and that it, aanything else she does with Misty is totally volintary and she asks me first! she appears to have calmed down now, I hope it will pass, if I remeber right she threatend to get rid of happy before too, not because she was trouble but fogered Happy would be happier on a farm or something, I was terrified that I would come home one day and Happy would not be there, and now I am going through that same fear again with Misty that I will come home from school and Misty will be gone, it will settle my mind a little that I am only at school for 2 hours at a time. but the only thing that happens when she does this is make me extremly untrusting of her,I already dont trust her du to an incident several years ago but this just breaks the little trust I did have in her :(

Having you come home to find your dog rehomed would be very cruel...I bet it doesn't come to that ....sounds to me like she was in a bad mood.

kt_luvs_kitties
02-22-2005, 01:36 AM
I hope Misty gets to stay. My mother says the same thing about my kitty Squeeks, BUT I just try to let it blow over. Good luck sweetie;)

cali
02-22-2005, 07:16 AM
i will kill her!:mad: lisa, the owner of Happys sis, just sent me something she found on a message board, posted by...my MOM.

High energy female, intact, smooth coat Border Collie, excellent
temperament. Two years old, 18", already trained for flyball, runs
reliably, FDX, expect will go faster than current 4.2 as she gains
confidence. Partially trained in agility, doing well. Very friendly,
no issues. Located in Saskatchewan, Canada. This is NOT a rescue
situation, just not enough time available for this very high energy
dog, and in the best interests of the dog, checking if there might
be a better home available.
Johanne

swimma253
02-22-2005, 07:44 AM
Oh No! :eek: I really hope you get to keep poor Misty! Maybe you can try to talk things over with your mom! :(

Jods
02-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Oh NO!! I'm so sorry. You really need to sit and talk to your mom before something happens. I really don't know what to say if your dad is on your side go to him maybe you can both go to her... I really am sorry I hope Misty stays with you.

cali
02-22-2005, 07:53 AM
my dad does not really have any influence, as my parents are seperated, and my mom is not one to listen to my dad, my dad who told me not to worry about it, not worry about it? and how does he suppose I do that when I find out she is already posting up notices to rehome her! :mad:

lute
02-22-2005, 09:11 AM
what a terrible situation!:eek: i hope it works out and you get to keep Misty.

i have been unfortinate twice in these kind of situations.:( first on was my st.bernard my dad took while i was in the shower and DROPPED HER OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!!!:mad: the second was my GSD/malamute cross. he took her back to the people that gave her to me as a christmas gift. i felt so bad because those people were always very good to me. like a second family and when christmas came around that dog was the only thing they could give me for christmas. they were very poor people.

Dot
02-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Would your schedule allow you to take on even Misty's feeding? Then your mom wouldn't have to do anything for her.

Could you sign up for some intensive behaviour sessions for Misty? If she could be trained to respond immediately to commands such as "stay", "sit", etc. (if she doesn't already), maybe your mom would find it easier to live with her. Also, some really cute tricks, done perfectly by Misty, might impress your mom and show her what a smart dog you have.

If you're really afraid Misty is going to be rehomed in spite of everything you try, do you have a friend nearby that could foster her for you for a couple of months, as a last resort? At least you'd know where she was, and could visit her and help care for her until you could get her back. I guess your dad can't take her, or you would have tried that already.

Good luck! I hope something works out for you and Misty.

Dixieland Dancer
02-22-2005, 10:09 AM
I'm sorry your mom is threatening to break you and Misty apart. Perhaps you can do something to make the situation better though. Talk to mom and find out what it is specifically she doesn't like about Misty and then work to correct that behavior. You can perhaps strike a deal with her that whatever it is that bothers her will be corrected in 6 months time or so.

I'm not sure how old Misty is or if she has ever had any formal obedience training or not. Perhaps if you spent the time to take her to a formal class it would show your mom that you are serious about keeping her and will do anything for her.

My first dog was a Beagle/Dauchsund mix and my dad didn't like it either until I showed him that I was serious and took it to training classes. I was in 10th grade at the time and we still talk about it some 30 years later and talk about how that was the turning point for him. It was also the turning point for me becuase that is how I got started in dog training and I'm still doing it all these years later!

I hope this works out for you and Misty.

dukedogsmom
02-22-2005, 10:35 AM
I am at a loss for words. I honestly don't know what to say. My parents would never have done anything that cruel to me or an animal. I would try to find a friend that could keep her until you can get the you-know-what out of there. Is there any way you can live with your dad?

Toby's my baby
02-22-2005, 10:36 AM
OMG, that is terrible!! Is there anyway Misty could live with your dad for a few months? Or maybe a friend or something? I really hope thing turn around, for the best, I hope your mom will change her mind. Keep us updated.

cali
02-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Misty already knows a ton of cute tricks she is proficient in flyball, agility, frisbee, and a little freestyle. she has all basic commands down pat. for feeding my mom just feed Misty and Happy at the same time she feeds her dogs. she hands them all there food and I let them all outside after they eat and if my mom does not have time I make there breakfast, and I feed them all their supper if my mom is to tired or something. oh and Misty is 2 years old. I asked lisa for the link to the board my mom posted on, I joined and replied saying

"this dog is NOT available, and this was posted behind the back of me, the owner of this dog

Shayna and Misty(who is not going anywhere)"

I also talked to my mom this morning, she was not upset in the slightest just acted as if nothing was wrong with her doing that, threatning is one thing buy actually posting to a rescue board saying she is available behind my back is a whole nuther thing.

cali
02-22-2005, 10:39 AM
I only have 2 frineds nearby steph and kat, steph has shadow and Misty and shadow dont get along, which is one of the reasons she is their in the first place, and kat has a cat. my dad cant take her because his apartment does not allow dogs. :(

aly
02-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Are any Canadian pet talkers located anywhere near you? Someone who would be willing to foster her until you're out of school and take on full responsibility of Misty?

cali
02-22-2005, 10:55 AM
MariaM is the only PTer in the same provence and she is 2 hours away, and her parents dont allow the dog in the house, Misty is a baby and wont take to staying outside for longer then 3 minuts without someone being with her lol I could not stand to be away from Misty for even a couple months, as I said she is my baby, she is my reason to live, Happy brought me out of my shell and Misty is my reason to stay out, to not want to kill myself, I hnestly dont think I could go on without Misty keeping me laughing and keeping my spirits up.

flamepony12
02-22-2005, 11:04 AM
this is terrible. :( I really hope there is a way for you to keep Misty.... you guys will be in my thoughts and prayers. ((((((HUGS))))))

cali
02-22-2005, 12:57 PM
according to my mom she is just "looking" for home that would be available for Misty, and if ther is one we wold sit down a "discuss" it, for me to decide yes or no. well she need not go through the trouble because the answer is no. I told her someting that I have never told anyone but my best friend before. when I say that without Misty I dont have a reason to live I am not kidding, before I got Misty I tried to kill myself many times, her responce was no that was Happy, um no Happy brought me out of my shell but I still tried to kill myself , not once since I got Misty have I even THOUGHT about killing myself. Happy is my angel, but while I often joke that Misty is the devil, she is just as much my angel as Happy is. Happy keeps me safe, and helps me with stuff but Misty keeps me happy and keeps my spirits up.

Iilo
02-22-2005, 03:12 PM
Shayna, it looks like you and your mom need some help on opening up communication.
It's pretty sad to hear or read that Misty is your ONLY reason to live.
Maybe it's time to look into family counseling or therapy?

I'm sorry if I sound prying or nosy or what have you. I've gone through a lot of stuff myself this past year, and this is all jmho.

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-22-2005, 05:44 PM
I can't believe your Mom would do such a thing!:(:( I wish I could help somehow. If I lived closer I'd take Misty for anwile until you could have her back but I'm atleast 10 hours away:( I'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts.... (((hugs)))

sammy101
02-22-2005, 05:47 PM
thats terrible:eek: :( I hope your mom doesnt do this,that would be horrible:(

i'll be praying for you

{{{hugs}}}