PDA

View Full Version : PT prayers please

BitsyNaceyDog
02-21-2005, 10:30 AM
I know I hardly ever spend any time in Cat General, but I need prayers for one of my kitties. Scampers is 14 years old, my husband has had her since she was a kitten. Her appetite has decreased and she has rapidly lost weight. We had an appointment with the vet this morning. They took blood and are running some tests and will call us when they get the results. They said they should have the results later today or tomorrow. The vet said she believes that is most likely kidney failure, though it could be a couple other things. The blood tests will tell.

I feel bad because I love Scampers, but I've never been close to her. I've always considered her to be "Justin's cat".

Here is a picture of her
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/kblaix/animals/cats/IMG_2243.jpg

luvofallhorses
02-21-2005, 10:32 AM
:(:(:( get better Scampers..prayers on the way.(((hugs to you and Scampers)))

kimlovescats
02-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Prayers for Scampers ..... please keep us updated!:(

Cataholic
02-21-2005, 10:38 AM
More prayers for Scampers!

ramanth
02-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Love and prayers for Scampers.

sirrahbed
02-21-2005, 10:41 AM
Prayers have been said for Scampers.

Kari - please don't feel bad for not feeling close to this kitty! We know you are a loving person and I also understand that some kitties stay distant or attach to others. It does not matter - thank you for seeking prayers and good thoughts for Scampers - wait and see what God can do!:)

Like Kim said - please keep us updated, OK? (((HUG)))

BitsyNaceyDog
02-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks everyone. I will let you know when I hear back from the vet.

Poo
02-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Prayers and hugs on the way to you and Scampers. Fingers and paws crossed for you.

kuhio98
02-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

jazzcat
02-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Prayers on the way.

Laura's Babies
02-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Prayers on their way!!

catmandu
02-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Found Cat Prayers,are on thier way,for our Friend Scampers,and Sheba Angel,will fly,in,and comfort Scampers,at The White Coats!

dukedogsmom
02-21-2005, 03:04 PM
I know how hard it must be for Scampers to be getting on up there in years. I hope it's not a bad thing like kidney failure. Hope the vet has only good news for you both.

val
02-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Prayers for Scampers from me and all of mine especially Diana who was diagnosed with kidney disease over 13 months ago. Diana will be 18 this year. She is on Depo Medrol injections once a month to keep her appetite up. She still has a good quality of life. Don't despair and don't feel bad for not being as close to Scamper. My Griffin only tolerates me. My husband is his buddy...I'm just the "food lady". But whenever he's been on meds for anything I always give them to him so my husband can still be his best bud.

Keep us posted on Scamper's test results.

rg_girlca
02-21-2005, 07:04 PM
I know I hardly ever spend any time in Cat General.

It doesn't matter to us how little or how often anyone is on Cat General KBlaix, you need our prayers and we are more than happy to give them for your precious Scampers.

Big time prayers on the way.

Kater
02-21-2005, 07:07 PM
I am praying for Scampers.
{{{HUGS}}} for you and Justin.

BitsyNaceyDog
02-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Thank you all. I didn't hear anything from the vet this afternoon, so I should hear from them in the morning. I'll call them tomorrow afternoon if they haven't called before then.

Val- thank you for sharing Diana's story with me. I hope we have another 13+ months with Scampers.

AbbyMom
02-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Prayers for Scampers. Hugs for everyone!

K & L
02-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Good luck to you! Our Hazel is in kidney failure. She had one cancerous kidney removed, and doing so-so on the remaining one. Please update us when you find out.

Cosmicat
02-21-2005, 10:07 PM
I am praying for Scampers, and surounding her with white light to heal her.

krazyaboutkatz
02-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent for Scampers.

Karen
02-21-2005, 10:47 PM
More than a year ago, my boss' cat, 17 years old at the time, was diagnosed with kidney failure. He's still a skinny old man, on special food, and is as much a cat as ever, demanding food whenever I am at their house - after all, I often pet-sit for them, so why shouldn't Karen=food?

You and Scampers will be in our prayers.

kt_luvs_kitties
02-22-2005, 01:18 AM
Prayers wishes and great thoughts for Miss Scampers. I hope she feels better soon:( *HUGS*
ps- I agree, we dont care if you dont post much, we love you and Scampers just the same;)

BitsyNaceyDog
02-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Thank you all

**update**
Justin talked to the vet a little while ago. He emailed me this:

The vet just called me. Scampers has kidney failure. It is severe and if we
do nothing she won't live much longer. She said we have a few options:

She can come in for aggressive fluid treatments through IV. This requires
hospitalization. This would have to be a regularly scheduled thing. It could give her anywhere from a few extra weeks to a few
extra months at the most.

Or she can come in regularly for fluid injections. This would be cheaper and is something we could do ourselves, but it wouldn't work as well as the IV.

Or she can be put to sleep.

If we do nothing she will suffer. There is no way to reverse it, we can only slow it down.

We can talk about it tonight. I told the vet I will call her tomorrow morning with what we decide to do.

I love you,
Justin

I don't know what to do. I'm not ready to let her go, but I don't want her to suffer either. Justin and I will talk about it tonight when he gets home. I'll let you all know what we decide.

I have a horrible headache right now and I'm going to go lay down for a little bit.

Ally Cat's Mommy
02-22-2005, 01:18 PM
What a terrible decision to be faced with. Knowing how much you love Scampers, I am sure you will make the decision that you know in your heart is the best one for her.

Sometimes the deepest expression of our love can be to make the decision not to prolong their suffering. It's the final act of love we can show to our furkids, and it hurts us so much :(

(((HUGS)))

catcrazylady
02-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
What a terrible decision to be faced with. Knowing how much you love Scampers, I am sure you will make the decision that you know in your heart is the best one for her.

Sometimes the deepest expression of our love can be to make the decision not to prolong their suffering. It's the final act of love we can show to our furkids, and it hurts us so much :(

(((HUGS)))

I could not say it any better than Julie.
I'm sorry you both have such a tough decision to make. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.:(

momoffuzzyfaces
02-22-2005, 01:38 PM
:(
I am so sorry! Prayers on the way for you and your husband as you have to make this difficult decision. Lots of prayers for Scampers!!!!

jazzcat
02-22-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm so sorry.:(

rg_girlca
02-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear this terrible news.
This has to be the hardest decision a pet lover has to make.

Ally Cat's Mommy said it best.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you, your hubby and with precious Scampers.

sirrahbed
02-22-2005, 08:51 PM
(((((Kari)))))) I am so sorry:(

Kidney failure is what claimed our RB Ernie two years ago! We decided no IV or Sub-Q fluids, vet visits, etc. as well. Too traumatic is how we felt.

more ((((HUGS)))))

MULTICATMOM
02-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy

(((HUGS)))

WHAT A HORRIBLE DILEMMA:( :( PRAYERS FOR ALL!!
XOXO & (((HUGS OF SUPPORT)))

catmandu
02-22-2005, 09:00 PM
That is the most gut wrenching decision,that a Cat Lover,has,to make,and if the Cat Suufers,you feel,terrible.But,if the Cat,passes,on,at the Vets,you,second guess,yourself,as to whther,you,gave,your dear friend,enough time.Four years later,,and I still wonder,when,I see photos,of Pouncer,Scrappy,and Fluffy,my three Cats,taht I told,the Vet,to let,them go on.Scrappy,was such a Good Friend,and when I came,to see him,taht last time,he was so happy,because hid Dad,had come,to take him,home,and I was in tearsm,as I knew,that he would never,ever go home again.hank God,for the love,of my Friend Norma,and My Other Cats! Hopefully,when I see Mr Scrappy again,he will understand,and still be my Friend.

krazyaboutkatz
02-22-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm so sorry to hear the terrible news about Scampers.:( I know that you need to think about her best interest and I'm sure that you'll come up with the right decision. {{{HUGS}}}

Killearn Kitties
02-23-2005, 07:05 AM
I'm so sorry you are facing this situation with Scampers. :( She looks a lovely little cat and I'm sure you will do what is best for her.

BitsyNaceyDog
02-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Thank you all

Originally posted by sirrahbed
Kidney failure is what claimed our RB Ernie two years ago! We decided no IV or Sub-Q fluids, vet visits, etc. as well. Too traumatic is how we felt.

That's how we feel too. Last night Justin and I decided we are going to have her PTS.:( We are going to the vet this afternoon.

Justin's sisters are coming over this morning to say goodbye and then we will take her outside to see our neighbor one last time. Our neighbors backyard backs our backyard and Scampers would go and spend a lot of time over there. Our neighbor, Margaret, is 83 or 84ish and spends most of her day outside in her garden. When Margaret was outside Scampers was always with her. Margaret will miss her as much as we will.

ramanth
02-23-2005, 08:13 AM
Oh Kari, I am so sorry. :( :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Oh no, I'm sooo sorry. :(

I decided on doing the sub-q fluids. It helped keep Tubby alive for 3 more weeks. Oddly enough though, it wasn't his failing kidneys that finally did him it, it was the rest of his organs that finally decided enough was enough.

{{{hugs}}} to both of you for having to make this difficult decision, but know that Scampers thanks you for keeping her best interests in mind. She will be gone in body, but her spirit will live on in the love and memories you have shared. :(

Cinder & Smoke
02-23-2005, 11:42 AM

Safe Trip to the Bridge, Dear Scampers.

Look up our GranMom, and Karen's Mom, too ~
They always have treats for the BridgeKids.

{{{HUGS}}} to You, Justin, Margaret, and the Family.

/s/ Phred & the FurKids

Poo
02-23-2005, 12:02 PM
So sorry to hear your news. :(

Cataholic
02-23-2005, 12:06 PM
I am so sorry to hear that Scampers will not be with us much longer. Know in your heart, and she will in hers, too, that you are doing the hardest thing ever asked of us- to let our furry companions go, with dignity and with love.

May time heal your hearts, and may Scampers look down on you with love.

Hugs,
Johanna

val
02-23-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss but now Scamper is playing with all the others on the other side of the Bridge and will be waiting for you.

luvofallhorses
02-23-2005, 03:18 PM
I am so sorry:(:(:((((hugs))) just know that we are here for you at this most difficult time
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=hug+emoticons/v=2/SID=w/l=IVS/SIG=12m2e5rks/EXP=1109279844/*-http%3A//www.violane.com/public_html/emoticons/hug_green_and_red.gif