PDA

View Full Version : A car ride . . . for NOTHING!

christa
02-21-2005, 08:43 AM
Well, as most of you know, Josie started coughing again this weekend, which means she is very close to starting to have severe asthma attacks again. I planned to take her to the vet today for her shot . . .

I loaded her up in the car, drove her to the vet . . . she moaned the whole way . . .

THEY'RE CLOSED TODAY!!!

For President's Day . . . :rolleyes:

So I drove her back home, both of us moaning by then . . . gave her some turkey with another Pred . . . hope that holds her over!

I'm so mad right now! :mad: :mad: :mad:

catmandu
02-21-2005, 08:56 AM
Well,at least,you and Josie,got,to spend some quality time,together,and she did get,some Turkey.The Strays were back,this morning,and they devoured,what little chicken,that The Found Cats,and I didnt eat,and I just hope,that they dont expect,this,every day.

Laura's Babies
02-21-2005, 10:03 AM
If she hates to ride like some of mine do, that was a very upsetting trip!! Poor Josie... hope she gets better witthout having to make another trip in the car!!

christa
02-21-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
If she hates to ride like some of mine do, that was a very upsetting trip!! Poor Josie... hope she gets better witthout having to make another trip in the car!!

I wish she would just get better too . . . but I know the cycle. Within the next two days, she will start to have severe attacks. Which means that first thing in the morning, we have to make the trip again.

I figure I won't even be able to get her in the carrier! She knew what it meant when I got it out today, had to chase her down & force her in . . . tomorrow she'll definitely know what it means!

ramanth
02-21-2005, 10:45 AM
:( Poor Josie! And you!

Work here is so quiet! Seems like everyone took advantage of President's Day, but me! :rolleyes:

sirrahbed
02-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Eliot is wondering about Josie and sends headbumpies.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/JOSIE.jpg
Please feel better sweet Josie!!

NoahsMommy
02-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
Work here is so quiet! Seems like everyone took advantage of President's Day, but me! :rolleyes:
Same here....I want to go home!! ;)

Hope Josie feels better after her shot. :)

christa
02-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Eliot is wondering about Josie and sends headbumpies.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/JOSIE.jpg
Please feel better sweet Josie!!

Awww, so sweet! Tell Eliot that Josie is probably going to sleep all day. Those Preds make her so sleepy! :(

She'll be as good as new tomorrow, after I can get her back to the vet.

QueSarah
02-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Teirza and I avoid car trips together at ALL costs. I don't care for her attempts to let the world now I'm trying to murder her and she doesn't appreciate the motion. Poor baby.

I would hate to have loaded her up and packed her in and gotten to the vet with a pobre gatito to find out their closed! Here's a grrrrrr for that.

AlleyCat
02-21-2005, 11:43 AM
I figure I won't even be able to get her in the carrier! She knew what it meant when I got it out today, had to chase her down & force her in . . . tomorrow she'll definitely know what it means!

I used to have the same problem. I solved it! How? I started leaving the carrier out in the living room with all their toys nearby, etc. After just a day or two they became curious why that funny-looking box was still there and they started getting in the habit of going in there for a nap. Now I have NO problem getting them in there to go to the vet. (My carrier is the kind that you can take the cage front off so I do that in between vet visits. I also have their favorite blanket in there to keep it "cuddly" so they no longer see this carrier as a threat.)