PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say 'Hi" - I'm new here

Orca
02-20-2005, 09:01 PM
I found this site searching the web, and thought this would be the perfect place to talk because I understand that bond people have with their pets - mine mean everything to me.

A little about me... I am a college student studying animal behavior and I work at a local pet shop part time. I love it there because I meet a lot of people that share my interest in our companion animals. Orcas are my obsession, I love watching movies and 'Friends' re-runs, and I'm a huge Red Sox & Patriots fan.

These are my critters:
Shadow & Gus: my part-coon kitties that I adopted three years ago and are now seven years old; very social - they act more like dogs than cats :D

Draco, Satine, Outback & Damon: my fish (first three are bettas, and the other is a paradise fish); they do have their own personalities and keep me company while I'm working at my desk

Erin: she is my 6 year old mini lop; she loves to chase the cats around, which are twice her size, and, if you ask her, she also owns the couch

Blink: he is my six-month old leopard gecko; I got this little baby boy from a friend who breds them - she gave him to me because he is partially blind from being born premature and knew I could take care of him

Hope to meet many of you and your own critters in the future!

flamepony12
02-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Welcome to pet talk! :D My name is Devon, I am 14 years old. :) I am owned by a golden retriever named Mackenzie, a Terrier X named Muffin, a pug named Zeus, a pony named Merlin, a rabbit named Freckles, a cockatiel named Baybi (pronounced Baby), and I also have 12 fish- one is a betta, the rest are large fancy goldfish. :) You'll love it here, it's very addicting!!

carole
02-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Hey there, and a warm Welcome to PT, your pets sound very interesting, and I hope you are able to post pics soon, we just love pics on PT, as you can see I live across the other side of the world in a small country called New Zealand, and my two cats are below in my siggy.

I hope you will find much to enjoy here at PT, it is a fun , interesting and informative place to come, there are some wonderful caring folks here, who are there for everyone in times of need, or just to have a chat or a laugh or two.

So do come on by lots and let us get to know you and your Pets.:)

animal_rescue
02-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Welcome! My name is Megan, I'm 15 years old. For a couple of years I had a deep obsession with orcas as well, they were my favorite animal, I still love them but I'm obsessed with horses now. I am owned by 5 cats *Colin, Max, Poppy, Jenny(foster), and Lily*, 5 dogs*Simon, Hannah, Maggie, Marty, and Alex*, 1 guinea pig*Squishy*, 1 cockatiel bird*Keeley*, and 1 quarter horse*Dot*.

luvofallhorses
02-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Hi there welcome :) I have 4 dogs, 1 guinea pig, and 1 cat. I would like to get to know more about your dogs:) and pics if you can:D

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Welcome to PT! I also ahve an Orca obsession, my bedroom is FULL of Orca things:D I'm owned by 3 dogs; Echo a 5 year old Rottweiler, Tango a 2 year old Toller/Border Collie mix and Tia a 5 year old Miniature Dachshund:) Here is a pic of all 3:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/p125d6dcc28938212efd5f96b790f9519/f53e5a4a.jpg

jazzcat
02-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Hi and welcoem to PT!!

I would love to see pictures of Shadow and Gus. I have a part coon kitty too. His name is Ripley and he will be 13 in about 10 days. You can see his picture as well as my other 4 cats and dog in my signature below.

If you get a chance come on over to Cat General and tell us more about your kitties. I'm not trying to snub your other pets I just happen to be a crazy cat lady.

slick
02-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Welcome Orca...love your name BTW. I'm a whale freak!!!

My name is Vickie but I prefer to be called Slick. I'm one of the older members of the crowd and I live in BC Canada. I am servant to Max the Persian who is 11 and Speckles the Tabby who is 17.

That's quite and interesting family you have and I'm sure looking forward to seeing pictures.

A word of warning....this site can become very addictive. Be prepared.....;) :D

sammy101
02-20-2005, 09:20 PM
hi,Welcome!
My name is Sam,im 14 years old,and im owned by 3 furkids.Kodie who is 19 months old,is a Lab/Bloodhound/Rotti mix.LucyLou who is 4 months old,is a lab/Springer Spaniel mix.and Bear,my black cat,is 19.:)
I LOVE Orcas,i think theyre beautiful:D

manda_moo87
02-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Hey Orca, welcome to PT! :) My name is Amanda I am 17 years old and live in BC, Canada with 2 cats and 8 rabbits!

KYS
02-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. :)

lute
02-20-2005, 10:26 PM
WELCOME TO PET TALK!!!:D

cali
02-20-2005, 10:57 PM
welcome!

and Kari says

"im with ya, the couch in my house is MINE"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/HappyFM/pics001.jpg

Karen
02-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

I'm Karen, one of the two moderators, and my pet is Miss Hoppy - she's the little brown bunny you see as my avatar!

Oggyflute
02-20-2005, 11:46 PM
G'day Orca and welcome. :)

Corinna
02-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Welcome another orca fanatic. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats 1 dwarf rabbit. I moved to Montana 11 years ago . I miss watching J-pod from my brothers house on Orcus Island in the San Jauns. I used to have the whole pod memorised but have lost track in the 11 years away I still try to keep up on them through the whale meuseam On Friday Harbor.

ramanth
02-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

I'm owned by a dog, two cats, and a crested gecko. :)

cookieluver7
02-21-2005, 09:07 AM
Hi, and welcome to pet talk!

I'm Abby. I am owned by only one animal and that's my spoiled little bunny Speedy. I am sure you will love it here and and I hope to see some pictures of your critters. I hope we can get to know each other a little. Can't wait to see you posting!

♥

Orca
02-21-2005, 09:33 AM
I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone for a warm welcome!

davidpizzica
02-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! My name is david p and I'm one of the older ones here. I live in Pittsburgh, Pa. I'm a cat butler to Nikki, a 4 y.o. tuxedo kitty, and Daisy, a 2 y.o. tortoiseshell kitty. I volunteer with Cat Sense, a cat rescue organization in Pittsburgh. Nikki & Daisy are both rescue kitties. There are pictures of them in my signature. I hope you will stay and post often. Be advised, this site is addictive!!

BitsyNaceyDog
02-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Now I have a song stuck in my head- Travis Morrison "Song is For The Orca"

Anyway, Welcome!! I'm Kari and I have a houseful of pets including dogs, cats, rodents, and reptiles.

RobiLee
02-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Hello Orca! Welcome to Pet Talk!

Its so nice to meet you and I can't wait to hear all about your pets!

My name is Robin and I have Katie a almost 2 year old akita and Tori, my 1 year old husky. You can see them in my signature. I also just got a betta fish which I think you saw in my thread. I would love to see some pics of yours if you can.

I really think you are going to like it here.

Robin :)