PDA

View Full Version : Better than most places

Andie
02-20-2005, 07:59 PM
I was worried about moving to Columbia with Bull because I assumed (we all know what that means) that a big city (in Missouri terms ;) ) would have a BSL but I found this on the Columbia Daily Tribune online edtion :

Another, more tricky, proposal would redefine a "vicious" dog for control purposes, to wit: "…any breed which without provocation or command demonstrates a pattern of unequivocal viciousness, bites or injures a human being or exhibits a pattern of behavior or biting or attacking or attempting to bite or attack human beings at any location or inappropriately attacks animals off the owner’s property."

Whew! You can see this is not an easy issue. Out in the country, its partisans glare at each other across quite a cultural divide. When government attempts to tell a dog owner his animal is dangerous to society, watch out. These days urban developments are occurring "out in the country," bringing the issue of animal safety to life, but that doesn’t mean born-and-bred country folk like it.

Hey I like it!!!!!

Maybe I don't have anything to worry about. Fingers and paws crossed.