PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering...

Eudora
07-06-2001, 06:06 AM
I was navigating the boards and I saw that some users congratulated others on reaching a thousand posted messages. Why is that? If it's good I'm far from it!! I have a few hundred more to go! :D

Pam
07-06-2001, 06:52 AM
Eudora...Pet Talk is an addiction to lots of us!! We have a host of furbabies that we simply have to keep track of on a daily basis and are more than ready to meet any newcomers to the site! All of this leads to lots of time on the computer. I guess we figure that in honor of all of that computer time one deserves a little recognition for a milestone reached! :D

RachelJ
07-06-2001, 10:42 AM
Pam's right Eudora, we do get so involved in one another's lives. It's hard to keep track of everybody, but sometimes we end up feeling like we get to know one or another quite well. Sometimes events in someone's life will make us take particular notice. For example, I am so touched by your wanting to have a dog and being in a situation where you aren't getting the kind of support you would like to have from your dad. I hope you stay with us and enjoy our dogs vicariously and hopefully the time will come when you will have your very own. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The number of posts is really not a big deal, just a record of sorts to our enjoyment this site and how long we've been around here. The big deal is getting to know people like you. I'm glad you joined Pet Talk.

Logan
07-06-2001, 11:02 AM
Oh! And I thought it was to keep track of the "blabber mouths"!! :eek:

My congratulating Rachel was all in fun! And it just proves to Karen and Paul how much we all enjoy this site!!! :D

roopooroo
07-06-2001, 01:39 PM
Eudora, don't feel bad. It all depends on your lifestyle and interests. The more pets you have (or are interested in) the more you might post. I have only one cat, don't much care for dogs, have never been exposed to most other types of pets, so I stick with the cats. I also don't have alot of time to spend on a computer what with all my other interests and obligations (family, job, school, church, friends). I try to read the posts everyday, though, because I find this to be a fun, warm, informative place to spend a few minutes.

Rottieluver45
07-06-2001, 03:02 PM
And like a week ago i had One hundred Posts!! I was very happy !!! Happy,Happy,Joy,Joy :D

Eudora
07-06-2001, 10:46 PM
Hey! So you congratulated Rachel, Logan! I just thought-it just goes to show that the human heart can stretch to get involved in other people's lives, offering help and encouragement to people we may have never met before. :cool: