PDA

View Full Version : *cough* *cough* *cough* . . .

christa
02-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Josie's asthma is back. :(

She has started coughing again . . . which means that her shot has worn off. The shot almost lasted 7 weeks, which is pretty good, but I was hoping for longer. The vet said they normally last 4-6 weeks, so I guess this is about right.

I gave her a Pred a few minutes ago.

Let's hope that it will hold her over until tomorrow morning.

jazzcat
02-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Poor Josie. Is there anything else that can be done for her or will it always be shots and Prednisone?

sirrahbed
02-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Poor Josie!! I am sorry that her cough is back:( I know it must be scary!! I hope the Prednisone helps her to feel better. Eliot sends headbumpies and noserubs.

catmandu
02-20-2005, 12:18 PM
The Found Cats,are all praying,for Josie,that she can feel better,and not,be coughing,all the time.If she is,in the vicinity,we are srving Chicken Today,at the Hotel.

christa
02-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Poor Josie. Is there anything else that can be done for her or will it always be shots and Prednisone?

I'm afraid that it will always have to be shots & Preds. It's just something we're gonna have to live with. They make inhalers for cats, but Josie WILL NOT have anything to do with that! (we tried!) So she will have to continue to have these preventative shots.

There is a possibility that she will eventually grow out of it. But there's no way to know.

christa
02-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Poor Josie!! I am sorry that her cough is back:( I know it must be scary!! I hope the Prednisone helps her to feel better. Eliot sends headbumpies and noserubs.

If she's half as scared as I am . . . :eek:

Awww, Josie is already feeling better, after those sweet headbumpies & noserubs from Eliot!!!

kimlovescats
02-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Hugs to Josie ..... at least we have the meds available to help, and you have a wonderful Meowmmy to provide them for you!;)

val
02-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Do vaporizors or anything like that give her any relief? Give her hugs from me and my crew!

Laura's Babies
02-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Awwww Josie! You beautiful funny girl.. Sorry you are under the weather. Hope you get better soon sweet girl! My babies send furry hugs and head bumpies to Josie...

CalliesMom
02-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Poor baby girl!! I hope she grows out of it eventually, as I have asthma and it's not fun. Let alone being a poor kitty who doesn't know what's going on. Kisses to you Josie!!