PDA

View Full Version : Let's hear you again!

wolfsoul
02-19-2005, 10:00 PM
I thought it would be cool to have another thread like this, where everyone posts a sound recording of themselves. :)

I'll do one as soon as other people do them LOL. :p

carole
02-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Ok well I am not a scaredy Cat (Excuse the Pun), here I am again.

wolfsoul
02-19-2005, 10:23 PM
It won't work for me. :( Maybe it's because my computer is a bit messed up right now. I get that little box with the coloured square, circle, and triangle in it.

Oggyflute
02-19-2005, 10:32 PM
I've never done it and I'm not sure how. :confused:

wolfsoul
02-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
I've never done it and I'm not sure how. :confused:

You go to start, and then all programs, then accessories, then entertainment, and "sound recorder" should be in there. :) Then you save what you record, and attach it here. You have to have a mic to do it though.

MariaM
02-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Jordan, quit the lying. You can do it and you know it. :p

;)

popcornbird
02-19-2005, 10:53 PM
I love hearing you, Carol! :D

Jordan...let's hear you. I've always wondered what you sound like. ;)

Oggyflute
02-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Okay I've done it thanks to Wolfsoul for telling me how. :D

PJ's Mom
02-19-2005, 11:18 PM
What an accent! :D

manda_moo87
02-19-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
It won't work for me. :( Maybe it's because my computer is a bit messed up right now. I get that little box with the coloured square, circle, and triangle in it.

I get the same thing... :(

wolfsoul
02-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird

Jordan...let's hear you. I've always wondered what you sound like. ;)
How about I just come on yahoo and you can hear me there? LOL. I just recorded my voice and I sound really stupid. I'll keep trying hehe.

wolfsoul
02-20-2005, 01:07 AM
I keep trying to post it but it isn't working. :( The page just sits here for ten minutes. I'm getting so frustrated. I'm going to send it to one of my friends over msn and see if they will attach it for me.

EssTer
02-20-2005, 01:43 AM
I hate how my voice sounds, so I´m not sure if I´ll record my voice LOL...
BTW nice accents you two - Carole and Oggyflute :D

Oggyflute
02-20-2005, 01:47 AM
Looks like the ANZACS are the only ones who are going to post. :D

The accents are pretty broad though. :D

sirrahbed
02-20-2005, 10:27 AM
I tried it and here ya go:)

tatsxxx11
02-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Searching for my microphone!:( But love hearing all of your wonderful accents!:)

cookieluver7
02-20-2005, 11:56 AM
It's nice to hear you guys. Its too bad I don't have a microphone. :(:(:(

RobiLee
02-20-2005, 12:00 PM
I love it!!! I don't have a microphone hooked up. I have one. I'll search for it and if I get brave I will record a message also.

You all sound wonderful and it is such a thrill to hear you. I got all excited and started clapping...lol. My husband thinks I'm such an idiot!...lol He just doesn't understand what a thrill it is to actually hear your voices!

Robin :)

EssTer
02-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee

You all sound wonderful and it is such a thrill to hear you. I got all excited and started clapping...lol. My husband thinks I'm such an idiot!...lol He just doesn't understand what a thrill it is to actually hear your voices!

ha ha ha LOL :D people just dont understand us - crazy PTers :D

carole
02-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Hey there Oggyflute was great to hear your voice, until now I never knew you were a male, lol, I wonder if our American friends can hear the difference in our accents? :D :cool:

Paul
02-20-2005, 05:50 PM
   It's great to hear you!

I have only met a few New Zealanders. However, Carole's voice sounds like I expect a New Zealander to sound - mostly like a distant non-Asian commonwealth nation with a hint of Australian. Oggy simply sounds Australian.

Paul

slleipnir
02-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Mine is plain and boring, so no need for mine. I love hearing everyone though ^__^

Amber
02-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Mine is plain and boring, so no need for mine. I love hearing everyone though ^__^

mines plain..i hate my voice, but I like your voice Audrey. :)

Karen
02-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Everyone thinks their OWN voice is plain, post 'em anyway! Here's mine ...

http://petoftheday.com/online/karen/Karen_Pet_Talk.mp3

RobiLee
02-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Hi Karen!

Absolutely loved hearing from you. What a great voice you have. I can't find my microphone. Not that I would know how to use it anyway...hehehe. Maybe it will turn up soon!

Oggyflute
02-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by carole
Hey there Oggyflute was great to hear your voice, until now I never knew you were a male, lol, I wonder if our American friends can hear the difference in our accents? :D :cool:

Paul managed to Carole. :D They are quite different, easier to notice than a North American & Canadian. I always found it easier to notice when I came back through the States after visiting Canada.

And Robin, come on mate, I think we all know that you know where that microphone is. :D

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
They are quite different, easier to notice than a North American & Canadian.
Canadians are North American hehe. :p

With Canadians and Americans the difference in accents depends on the place. People over in Nova Scotia sound Scottish to me. I think that Western-US people sound exactly like me (I'm in BC). And then there is Micki who lives in the South US, and she sounds way different than me. She's a Dixie Chick. :D

I can't hear any of the recordings on my computer, but on the last thread I did hear them, and when I heard Carole's voice I said "I love Australian accents." Tikeyas_mom's dad, who was across the room said "That's New Zealand!" :o Lol. I wonder if I could hear both of your recordings now if I could see the difference.

Oggyflute
02-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Maybe I should have said Northern USA. :D
I did find Canadian accents quite varied, but it was easier for me when I went down to the states as opposed to coming up to Canada. Most of the places I was at were pretty cosmopolitan too in terms of the varietry of people and there accents, being the armed forces base at Trenton, and also a bit of time in Ottowa. Edmonton was pretty cool I loved that.

As soon as you hear my recording you will notice a distinct difference. As Paul said I sound typically aussie and Carole to me sounds typically from New Zealand. ( Carole does sound rather cultered though, at least to me :D )

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-21-2005, 04:25 AM
I think I finally found how to record my voice! Now, if only I can find how to post it here... !

Let's try!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-21-2005, 04:31 AM
last try

cloverfdx
02-21-2005, 06:42 AM
Nice to hear you all again :D. Lut i love your accent, very nice. And Carol it was lovely to hear from you again. OggyFlute , nice accent ;).

The mic i bought to record my Xmas message never ended up working and i cannot figure out how to record just audio on my camera, i will see what i can do though.

Keep em coming.

CamCamPup33
02-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Everyone has such wonderful accents! I just sound.... I'm not sure, but i don't think i have an accent. :p

Robin, search for that mic!! ;) :p

luvofallhorses
02-21-2005, 11:43 AM
I wish I had a mic. I think we do somewhere but it's broken:( I will have to get one.

flamepony12
02-21-2005, 11:58 AM
I still have all the voices saved in a folder from last time, plus these! :D

(PS- don't count on hearing me!;))

flamepony12
02-21-2005, 12:05 PM
hmmm, lets see, here are the voices I have saved: ;)

-Comedy Devil
-John
-Lilith
-manda_moo87
-Amber
-molucass
-petslover (love your accent!)
-swimma_253
-Carole
-Karen
-Jods
-ILoveMyAbbyGirl
-Oggyflute
-sirrahbed

:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
hmmm, lets see, here are the voices I have saved: ;)

-Comedy Devil
-John
-Lilith
-manda_moo87
-Amber
-molucass
-petslover (love your accent!)
-swimma_253
-Carole
-Karen
-Jods
-ILoveMyAbbyGirl
-Oggyflute
-sirrahbed

He he, you forgot mine! It is in today's thread ;)

popcornbird
02-21-2005, 12:51 PM
OMG! Lut! :D I had ALWAYS wanted to hear you! Very nice Belgian accent!! ;)

RobiLee
02-21-2005, 12:52 PM
I have found my mic!!! I have it plugged in but I have no idea how to get it operating. Help!!!

CamCamPup33
02-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
I have found my mic!!! I have it plugged in but I have no idea how to get it operating. Help!!!

Here's what Jordan said on the first page... Maybe this will help..

You go to start, and then all programs, then accessories, then entertainment, and "sound recorder" should be in there. Then you save what you record, and attach it here.

Yay! LOL! :p

sirrahbed
02-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Lut!! How wonderful to hear your voice!!:D

I have a question though - I used Sound Recorder like I read to do...but found I could only record several seconds - had to talk quickly!! - because otherwise the upload said it was too big! Is there a way to talk longer and make the file smaller?:rolleyes:

RobiLee
02-21-2005, 12:56 PM
I can do that part, but my mic isn't working. I dont' know how to get it to work. I'm so confused. All I did was plug it into the computer. Is there something else I need to do with it?

RobiLee
02-21-2005, 01:31 PM
ok, i got it recorded but it says its too big. how do i make it smaller? I'm trying folks!...lol

Suki Wingy
02-21-2005, 03:27 PM
You guys will hear and see from me as soon as my computer is all the way fixed.
p.s. I could only hear Karen.

manda_moo87
02-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
p.s. I could only hear Karen.

Same here.

Paul
02-21-2005, 03:39 PM
   MP3 files are great because they are small in file size and almost everything that plays sound will play MP3s. I used iTunes to transform Karen's aiff file to MP3. Perhaps you could use use your music playing software to save as MP3? I am sorry I do not know which Windows software is easiest to use.

If anyone wishes you may email me (paul at petoftheday) your sound file of any size and I will convert it to MP3.

Paul

(I know Windows users can download the iTunes software for free from Apple but there is probably an easier way.)

Lexi_Lover
02-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Hehe, I'll give it a shot I guess...I sound funny! And I had NO clue what to say...but since I don't know all of you in real life I guess it doesn't matter!;)I'm young...don't blame me!:p

petslover
02-21-2005, 04:26 PM
I decided to post here :D

petslover
02-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Thanks Flamepony!! I love everyones accent! This is a great thread!

RobiLee
02-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Gosh, I love listening to you all. I sent mine to Paul to see if he could convert it for me.

Love that mississippi accent, petslover!!! You also sound so full of life!!!

P.S. Hey, Amber! What about you? Do we get to hear you? C'mon!

petslover
02-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Thank you RobiLee. I appreciate that!! :D

flamepony12
02-21-2005, 05:10 PM
what do you mean by "very young", Lexi_Lover? ;)

Lexi_Lover
02-21-2005, 05:18 PM
I mean..I sound young LOL! ;)Why don't you post your voice? :D

flamepony12
02-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
I mean..I sound young LOL! ;)Why don't you post your voice? :D

I don't have A mic. I might post it as a .mpg though..... maybe. lol.

I hope you don't mind me asking this, but how old are you?

Lexi_Lover
02-21-2005, 05:29 PM
Same as you;)Check out the Lets see you, again thread, I just posted recently;)

flamepony12
02-21-2005, 05:42 PM
okay, fine, I finally got a decent recording. Hope nobody minds it being a movie; I don't have a mic.....

popcornbird
02-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Devon, you sound like a typical Californian. :D Great hearing everyone! Petslover, nice accent! :p

flamepony12
02-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Devon, you sound like a typical Californian. :D

lol :D I don't have any exciting accents, but I wish I did! :(;)

-sighs and wishes pops would post her voice- :p

Lexi_Lover
02-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Its ok, I don't have an accent either;)

carole
02-21-2005, 06:40 PM
This is so much fun, I just love to hear you all.

Oggyflute, I really donot have a typical Kiwi accent, mostly because I was brought up with the Aberdonian Scottish Dialect all my life.

Even I can pick a real Kiwi accent, it is quite distinct as you put as are some Aussie accents, for instance you guy's say sex instead of Six, fish and cheeps instead of fish n chips.

I too alway's thought Canadians and American's sounded the same, my American boyfriend told me how to pick a Canadian, correct me if I am wrong they usually say OOT and ABOOT, instead of out and about, of course it probably depends which part you are from.

people say the North Islanders in NZ sound different to the South Islanders.

Keep them all coming people, it really does add that personal touch to PT doesn't it?;)

Lexi_Lover
02-21-2005, 06:44 PM

I too alway's thought Canadians and American's sounded the same, my American boyfriend told me how to pick a Canadian, correct me if I am wrong they usually say OOT and ABOOT, instead of out and about, of course it probably depends which part you are from.

I believe thats the FRENCH canadians LOL, I'm Canadian, I didn't say that;)Canadians say "EH!" alot! LOL! Take me for example! :D

flamepony12
02-21-2005, 06:48 PM

I went to a camp in canada 2 years ago, and Many people there were Canadian.... ;) They pronounced "out" like "eh-oot" and "about" "abeh-oot"... I love it!!! :D

carole
02-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Ah well least I can pick the French Canadians from the American's now lol.:) :D :cool:

Paul
02-21-2005, 06:49 PM
   Here's Robin's wonderful voice in an MP3 file (http://petoftheday.com/online/robin/voicerobin.mp3) or in a .wav file (http://petoftheday.com/online/robin/voicerobin1.wav).

Paul

cloverfdx
02-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Awww i love all of these American accents :D. Great to hear everyone. I am going to do what Devon did and just make mine a video ;).

carole
02-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Paul you will have to re-post that , nothing doing here, thanks.

carole
02-21-2005, 06:59 PM
For those who have trouble distinguishing between the two Down Under accents, here is how you can tell us apart, well it is the best I could do lol.:) :D

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 07:02 PM
I believe only people from Nova Scotia and Newfoundland pronounce it "aboot." It's not even really "oot" it sort of just sounds like that. It's the same way the Scottish pronounce it. Like "Abou-oot." As for me, I'm in BC, so I just pronounce it "about." Lol.

popcornbird
02-21-2005, 07:03 PM

-sighs and wishes pops would post her voice- :p

But I don't have an interesting accent. :p Just imagine another typical Californian. He he he!

So much fun hearing everyone! :D

Lexi_Lover
02-21-2005, 07:04 PM
But thats ok! Cmon, nobody here knows you that well for you to be embarassed, I did it! :rolleyes: And I'm a VERY nervous person too!

Paul
02-21-2005, 07:05 PM
   Thank you, Carole. It's fixed now.

Paul

slick
02-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Let's hear it.....eh???

carole
02-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Thank you for putting me straight, yes I alway's thought it was pronounced the same way as we Scottish do.:)

flamepony12
02-21-2005, 07:09 PM
But I don't have an interesting accent. :p Just imagine another typical Californian. He he he!

we never hear your voice, we never hear your name, we never see your picture.... ;);)

(it would be better than nothing! :p)

carole
02-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Slick you do so have an accent, I never noticed you were from Canada, and I am proud to say I picked that you were, it was the way you said Know.

I have seen your ugly mug to quote you, and it is not Ugly at all, lovely to hear you.:)

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 07:19 PM
For some reason my voice recordings just won't attach. Does someone here have msn, and maybe I can send the recording to them over msn and they can post it for me? None of my friends are on to do it for me. I also still can't hear any of the attachments here. :(

Lexi_Lover
02-21-2005, 07:20 PM
I have MSN, send it over! :D

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Yay! My msn is [email protected]. :D Add me, and I'll send it!

Lexi_Lover
02-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Hey, where are the guys!? :confused: :p

flamepony12
02-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
Hey, where are the guys!? :confused: :p

hurry up with Jordan's voice, I'm getting impatient! :D (just kidding...lol.)

Lexi_Lover
02-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Its coming! Don't worry! Its acting kinda slow! LOL!

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 07:42 PM
It's coming along very slowly! Hehe.

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Aww...She can't get it to attach either. :( She's going to try recording my recording LOL.

Lexi_Lover
02-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Ok, so here it is. Hopefully it didn't bring down the quality, I don't think it did. But whatever! I got a sneak-peek...or a sneak-hear;)

THIS IS WOLFSOUL'S RECORDING Not that it would matter if it was mine or anything!:p

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Oh good, Lexi_lover showed me how to listen to the recordings, so I will listen to them now. I heard myself lol.

RobiLee
02-21-2005, 08:04 PM
I noticed that some people's recordings sound nice and clear. Mine has all that humming noise in the background. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get rid of that?

Thanks...Robin :)

Lexi_Lover
02-21-2005, 08:05 PM
I think it may be the quality of the microphone...but don't ask me, cause mine sounds funny too! :p

micki76
02-21-2005, 08:09 PM
LOL, Jordan, that doesn't sound like you. Why? Because you're not LOUD enough!!:p I've never heard you be that quiet! :p

PCB, just sounds like PCB. She has a very nice voice. :)

Carole you have a beautiful voice. Reminds me of Olivia Newton-John. ;) :o

Petslover, you sound like most of my relatives, and even a bit like myself.

The funniest part is all of you saying "I don't have an accent" when you ALL do. :D

I'll try to post one later, after Hubby's gone to bed. :rolleyes:

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by micki76
LOL, Jordan, that doesn't sound like you. Why? Because you're not LOUD enough!!:p I've never heard you be that quiet! :p

LOL too true! Those who know me well enough know I'm a very loud person. :p I think it may have sounded louder before it was recorded over the other recording lol.

And YOU sound like a Dixie Chick! :p Hehe, I love your accent.

Lexi_Lover
02-21-2005, 08:11 PM
To ourselves we don't think we have accents because we are used to it, but to everybody else in the world their accent to us is perfectly normal! LOL! :D What a CRAZY world we live in:rolleyes:

I haven't heard PCB's or micki's yet:confused:

GoldenRetrLuver
02-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Ugh, I wish I could hear you guys! I'll have to try to "fix" my Windows Media Player.

My mic broke as some of you know lol, but I sound like a typical Californian.. and I couldn't imagine Jordan being *quiet* for the life of me. ;)

flamepony12
02-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by micki76

PCB, just sounds like PCB. She has a very nice voice. :)

I don't see PCB's voice anywhere.... ;) Oh PCB........

Jordan, "I don't say Aboot, I say About...." :p I love it! :D

popcornbird
02-21-2005, 08:34 PM
I don't see PCB's voice anywhere.... ;) Oh PCB........

:D That's cause I never posted it. :p Micki and several others have heard me on Yahoo Messenger once upon a time. He he he. Now don't say that's not fair...:D

Slick! OMG! I *loved* your recording! SO cute...meow meow...:D...and you sound so Canadian...which is weird because I always thought people from BC sound just like us Californians. You and Jordan sound different...:p My cousin from Vancouver has the same accent as the typical Californian. :confused:

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-21-2005, 08:43 PM
I love hearing everyone's voices:D I have no way of posting mine or esle I would. I love hearing all the different accents!

PepperRSM
02-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Alright, here's me...my voice is so weird sounding because I'm just getting over a cold...bleh :p

flamepony12
02-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Now don't say that's not fair...:D

*coughs*fine, I won't*coughs* :p

lol, Pet Talk Clan :p

K9soul
02-21-2005, 09:03 PM
I could only hear the two mp3 files that Paul posted, Karen's and Robin's. I enjoyed hearing them very much. Just wish I could hear the rest of you. I'm not sure what I'd need to do to get the .wav files to work.

carole
02-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Micki Oliva Newton-John is an Aussie lol, but still what a compliment, geez just wish I had her singing voice though.:)

Kfamr
02-21-2005, 09:19 PM
I can understand PCB only wanting some people, like her very close friends, to hear her voice. Although a year or so ago i'd probably question as to why, but now it's very understandable.

I enjoyed hearing everyone's voices - especially those overseas. Now, where are our "English" accents - Those are my favorite. ;)

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 09:30 PM
You and Jordan sound different...:p
What?! LOL, we sound exactly the same! :p I've never noticed a difference between Vickie's accent and mine.

I'm going to make another recording....hopefully someone will come online soon and help me out again lol.

By the way Carole, I also think you sound just like Olivia Newton-John! I haven't heard Oggyflute's recording yet, but I still don't think I'll be able to tell the difference between your accents lol. To me you just sound Australian.

popcornbird
02-21-2005, 09:48 PM
What?! LOL, we sound exactly the same! :p I've never noticed a difference between Vickie's accent and mine.

I meant that you and Slick have a slight different accent to us Californians...not to each other. I thought people from BC have the same accent as us but I guess I was wrong. :o

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 09:49 PM
I meant that you and Slick have a slight different accent to us Californians. I thought people from BC have the same accent as us but I guess I was wrong. :o

Oook, I gotya lol.

slick
02-21-2005, 09:54 PM
I do not have an accent
I do not have an accent
I do not have an accent
I do not have an accent
I do not have an accent
EH??

:D :D :D :D

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by slick
I do not have an accent
I do not have an accent
I do not have an accent
I do not have an accent
I do not have an accent
EH??

:D :D :D :D
Same goes for me!

I just finished another recording and I'm uploading it on to YouSendIt. When it's finished I am sooo going to post my best Canadian impression. :p

slick
02-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Poppy, just for the record, all of you Californians have an American accent....can't put my finger on it, but even Gini has a strong accent.

Honestly, everyone I have spoken with from the States has an accent to me. I guess that's what makes y'all so special!!! :D

I just love hearing all of your voices!!

Oggyflute, pardon me while I SWOON!!!!!! ;)

Karen
02-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Slick, dear, the lilt at the end of your phrases gives you away as Canadian. Ya don't hafta say eh, eh?

Pssst - Hi Roxy! Nice of you to pose while Momma Anna talked!

anna_66
02-21-2005, 10:24 PM
I don't have a microphone so I used my camera instead (so you get a little show too!).

RobiLee
02-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Just wonderful, Anna! So glad to see Miss Roxey. She is stunning.

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Here I am again lol. I uploaded it, so tell me if it works. I kept laughing after like every sentence LOL. I always laugh alot the first time I talk to someone. Ask Julie haha.

http://s3.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2D5HHLNZOON6B21ZCJMFXPBRKK

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Anna, I love the video. Roxey is such a gorgeous girl. :)

slick
02-21-2005, 10:37 PM
Hey Lil Sis....you sound just like me, eh?.....LOL LOL LOL :D :D

Anna, I can hear a real strong accent in your voice. Hugs to you and smoochies to Roxey.

Karen....I haven't worn a kilt since I left the pipe band in 1990....;)

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Hey Lil Sis....you sound just like me, eh?.....LOL LOL LOL :D :D

What are you talking aboot? No doubt yer being a hoser, eh? Git yer ars off the chesterfield and play some hockey, eh!

:D :D :D

slick
02-21-2005, 10:49 PM
What are you talking aboot? No doubt yer being a hoser, eh? Git yer ars off the chesterfield and play some hockey, eh!

:D :D :D
ROFLMAO!!!!!! I can't play hockey....I'm too busy building my IGLOO!!!

micki76
02-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Nope Jordo, still not loud enough and not hyper enough. :p

I keep waiting for Michael to got to bed. He's still up! He's never up this late. It's like he senses that I want to do something silly and he won't go to bed, lol.

Anna, Robin, I like your midwestern accents. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
02-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Here I am again lol. I uploaded it, so tell me if it works. I kept laughing after like every sentence LOL. I always laugh alot the first time I talk to someone. Ask Julie haha.

http://s3.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2D5HHLNZOON6B21ZCJMFXPBRKK

LMAOO!! Jordoooo! I know you can be louder then that! ;) Hahaha that was great. :D

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 10:57 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!!! I can't play hockey....I'm too busy building my IGLOO!!!
Oh ya, want to keep yerself safe from those dern moose and beaver, EH? Don't forget to wear your toque so you can survive the bitter chill of our Canadian winter!!! Might no doubt be a good time fer you to relax with one of our many fine Canadian beers, eh?

:p

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 10:59 PM
STILL not loud enough? And not hyper enough either?! Oh you guys... :p If I reveal my true self to Pet Talk in one day, it would take them forever to recover from the shock! You should know this!

wolfsoul
02-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Oh Miiiickiiii, since you have to stay up and wait for Michael to go to bed...why not come on yahoo and let me entertain you while you wait? :p I have more Canadian antics up my sleeve.

Oggyflute
02-22-2005, 01:11 AM
Wow!! aren't we just the international communnity? :D

Great hearing everyone. Cloverfdx get something on here mate, we need another Aussie accent to listen to. Carole great take on the differences, just got to say "G'day" :D
Slick & Wolfsoul, thanks for the sentiments. :o

This is such a great thread to get to know everyone, I hope I get to hear Amber, or if not maybe a recording of Elvis. (gotta luv schnauzers)

Ok I've managed to do another one while my partner is in the shower, (she thinks I'm being a bit silly too, but at my age I reckon I'm allowed.:D )

wolfsoul
02-22-2005, 02:02 AM
Ahh, just like the Crocodile Hunter. Omg, you sooo have to record yourself pretending to be him! You could discover the amazing seven toed wallabee.. ;) Dooo it...

Oggyflute
02-22-2005, 03:20 AM
Ahh, just like the Crocodile Hunter. Omg, you sooo have to record yourself pretending to be him! You could discover the amazing seven toed wallabee.. ;) Dooo it...

well I wish I had his zoo! Unfortunately thats just how I sound. A seven toed wallaby? Wouldn't want to get scratched by that fella. :D

cloverfdx
02-22-2005, 04:07 AM
I will have to come back and listen to the rest of these, my computer is about to die :(.

Here's mine quickly i had no idea what to say so i did not say all that much in this one, and the others i did were mainly me laughing and alot of silence :o.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-22-2005, 05:05 AM
Wow, this is so much fun hearing everyone!! I must say I really like Petslover great laugh!!Know who I would LOVE to hear? Poppy, Randi, KAK, Luckies4me, Barbara, and many many others!!

I made another recording, trying to explain my accent. Beware, there is even some Dutch in it!!
Let's hope it works!

Oggyflute
02-22-2005, 06:07 AM
I had a feeling that you had travelled some what when I heard your first one Maya's & Inka's mummy. :D

And cloverfdx, another aussie accent, woohoo! :D

slick
02-22-2005, 09:06 AM
Oggyflute

I just want to say that I've been a Paul Hogan fan for years and you do sound just like him. You remind me of this guy that used to work in my office. "David" was Auzzie and was the cutest thing on two legs. He had a shining smile, sweet dimples and he used to ride his bike to work. He'd come into the office wearing these tight little spandex biking shorts and he had the cutest little.....

...oh dear, was I fantasizing again??? Sorry...:o

flamepony12
02-22-2005, 10:59 AM
I love listening to everyones voices, it's so cool how we have so many people with accents!! keep them coming!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-22-2005, 12:15 PM
So, everybody understood my Dutch so far ;) :p :p

EssTer
02-22-2005, 12:31 PM
OK..I made it LOL...I recorded my voice..though my mic is crap, and sound is not the best...sorry for that!!

BTW - Everyone has really nice voices and it´s cool to hear you ;)

K9soul
02-22-2005, 01:09 PM
I can hear Rhiannon's .avi file as well, but still none of the .wav files. Rhiannon, I think you have a pleasant voice :)

Edit: If I right click the attachments and save them to my computer, I can then open and play them. I'll have to listen to all of them later when I get done with work :D

K9soul
02-22-2005, 01:30 PM
I couldn't resist and listened to a few now :p. Slick, you sound like most native Minnesotans sound too. I suppose proximity to Canada makes it leak over :D.

I was borin in Florida, lived in Colorado from age 1 to 8, lived in the Ozarks from 8 to 18, lived in northern Missouri for 9 out of 12 months from 18 to 20, back to the Ozarks for about another year and a half, and then in Minnesota for the past 8 years or so. Having been in so many different regions, I don't *think* I have any definite accent. I will sometimes say a particular word in the Ozarks or Minnesotan manner without thinking though :p

wolfsoul
02-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Jessica, right click the attachments and press "Save target as." That should work! :)

Edit: Never mind, I see you've got it!

CamCamPup33
02-22-2005, 02:31 PM
I love hearing everyone!!

PCB, what are you talking about?! I don't think you sound californian! Maybe it's just me. :p

Robin, Yayyy! You sound exactly like i thought you would. To answer your question before, I would record me, but i don't have a mic! I need to get one though. Just ask Julie, Logan or someone else who's heard me how i sound...... I know for sure i don't have an accent! LOL! :p

wolfsoul
02-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
Just ask Julie, Logan or someone else who's heard me how i sound...... I know for sure i don't have an accent! LOL! :p
I don't think you have an accent lol. :p At first I thought that you would sound like Micki, because you are both from the South, but I guess not lol.

carole
02-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Are you sure I still sound like an Aussie? come on guy's really listen hard, NO WAY. lol:D

cloverfdx
02-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Carole :D, hehe no aussie accent there. Now i have to go back and listen to the rest of them.

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Are you sure I still sound like an Aussie? come on guy's really listen hard, NO WAY. lol:D

I love your accent:D I don't think you sound like an Aussie, somewhat similar but I can tell the difference:)

wolfsoul
02-22-2005, 09:28 PM
I definatly hear the difference -- if I were to hear you and not know what your accent was, I would probably think you were English lol.

anna_66
02-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Anna, I can hear a real strong accent in your voice. Hugs to you and smoochies to Roxey.

Accent? Really? I swear I can't hear any accent at all:)

Oggyflute
02-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Oggyflute

I just want to say that I've been a Paul Hogan fan for years and you do sound just like him. You remind me of this guy that used to work in my office. "David" was Auzzie and was the cutest thing on two legs. He had a shining smile, sweet dimples and he used to ride his bike to work. He'd come into the office wearing these tight little spandex biking shorts and he had the cutest little.....

...oh dear, was I fantasizing again??? Sorry...:o

awww slick. :o

carole
02-23-2005, 01:06 PM
See I knew if you guy's listened hard enough you would pick up the difference, wolfsoul, you got it right, because my parents are not Kiwi's I have picked up a slight different accent to a typical Kiwi, Oggyflute noticed it too, a bit of both in there I guess he he.

Keep them coming,it is awesome to put voices to faces on both the let's hear you and let's see you threads.:)

sirrahbed
02-23-2005, 01:13 PM
I have been enjoying these clips - and especially your kiwi:D

Now, do you think you could try to fake an American accent? Actors do it all the time, but I am not sure I have ever heard a faked *american* accent:p

carole
02-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Ok then I am up for the challenge, now you can all have a good laugh on me for the morning, here I am attempting a bad impression of an American. lol:)

sirrahbed
02-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Yay!! Carole you could fool any american!! That was great!!!:D

carole
02-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Really Debbie or are you just being nice lol, I think I could do better, but I will not attempt another try as I am getting confused am I scottish, English, American or Aussie or really a kiwi ????lol.:D :cool:

sirrahbed
02-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Nope Carole, I am serious. If I heard you, I would wonder what part of the USA you were from and I hear a hint of *something* but I would not think you were from another country at all! Good job. The first part - you sound like a Californian with a bit of valley girl. I could hear more at the very end that sounded british. Some words maybe a tiny bit off but you would pass. You must hear us on the news and stuff:D

carole
02-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Yes Debbie we get lots of American Televison and secretly I love the American accent, would love to talk like you guys, yes I started talking normal towards the end, forgot what I was doing, it was a fun attempt anyhow., now maybe you should try a Kiwi accent, who is brave enough huh?:)

wolfsoul
02-23-2005, 06:20 PM
That was really good. :D I could hear a bit of an accent on some words, but you did very well.

I think I will make a recording of me trying to sound Australian lol.

carole
02-23-2005, 06:27 PM
You GO GIRL, I am waiting, not brave enough to master the Kiwi one eh? just kiddin, waiting patiently waiting........:D

GraciesMommy
02-24-2005, 06:46 AM
I so enjoyed listening to y'all this morning...Can't find my mike...but will try to get it done this weekend...but if you know what Reba McEntire sounds like, you will know what I sound like...that is who every one says I talk like. I am from Arkansas actually..lived there for 37 years and moved to Texas in 99...so Texans think I have an accent..lol..but I guess I sound a "little" more country than they do here..I get made fun of all the time...but I am used to it.

wolfsoul
02-25-2005, 09:48 PM
I tried the Australian accent and sounded liek an idiot LOL.

Here is Jynnelle and I. See if you can tell us apart. I'm the manlier sounding one LOL. We always laugh because everyone says we sound exactly alike, except I have a deeper and louder voice...like a man lol.

http://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZYZQVARXDL0Y0QF44THAVSJ6J

Oggyflute
02-25-2005, 10:57 PM
I tried the Australian accent and sounded liek an idiot LOL.

Here is Jynnelle and I. See if you can tell us apart. I'm the manlier sounding one LOL. We always laugh because everyone says we sound exactly alike, except I have a deeper and louder voice...like a man lol.

http://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZYZQVARXDL0Y0QF44THAVSJ6J

Sounds like you were both having a lot of fun! and you both sound like lovely young ladies.

wolfsoul
02-26-2005, 12:01 AM
Me, sound lovely? *blush* :p Thanks!

Suki Wingy
02-26-2005, 12:31 AM
me too!

wolfsoul
02-26-2005, 12:34 AM
me too!
I figured out how to do it. :) Just right click and press "save target as." That should work for you!

Suki Wingy
02-26-2005, 01:58 AM
oh, sorry, I just listened to them all then made my own. I don't think I can attatch it here though because when I transfer stuff onto my computer from my camera(I don't have a mic) it automattically goes into the kodac easyshare thingy which won't let me save videos for some reason.:( It was really fun listening to everyone else though!

Ally Cat's Mommy
02-26-2005, 02:25 AM
My accent is a bit mixed up - South Africans can usually pick up that I am not a "native" South African, but I have really lost my Scottish accent!!

Some other South Africans who you may have heard speak are:
Anand Naidoo, Tumi Makgabo and Jane Dutton on CNN and Jane Hicks on BBC International. Also if you want to hear a South African put on an American accent just listen to Charlise Theron!!!

Here is me saying HI - and as Lut ended her greeting in Dutch, I have ended mine in AFRIKAANS - do any of our Dutch-speaking members understand me?????

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-26-2005, 03:43 AM
Hey Julie, how nice to hear your voice!! I did understand most of your Afrikaans! You eneded with "gelukkige dag verder", right?
LOL, I love that Afrikaans, it sounds so much like the local dialect I still speak with my family, called "Westvlaams". Thanks Julie!!

carole
02-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Julie that was so cool, you do sound very south African to me, I always think the S.A is a very unique accent, like a mixture of British, Kiwi, and then a touch of something else which makes it so distinct from any other accent.

Oggyflute
02-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Your accent doesn't seem as broad as some Sth African friends of ours Julie. There was definately a bit of scottish in there. :D

carole
02-27-2005, 02:35 AM
I agree oggyflute Julie's is not so broad, and a bit of a mixture, but I canna say I heard the scottish dialect in there terribly much, what you reckon Julie? have you still go it, if so why not post a lovely scottish accent, Killearn Kitties would be great to hear, hope she posts her lovely scottish accent.;)

Oggyflute
02-27-2005, 04:44 AM
oh, sorry, I just listened to them all then made my own. I don't think I can attatch it here though because when I transfer stuff onto my computer from my camera(I don't have a mic) it automattically goes into the kodac easyshare thingy which won't let me save videos for some reason.:( It was really fun listening to everyone else though!

Try checking a folder probably located in"my Pictures" which says "kodak". This will hold all the things that you have downloaded from your camera, it's headed by date. You will probably have a little luck in there attaching things.