PDA

View Full Version : Parvo!!!

lute
02-19-2005, 06:07 PM
when i got to work there was a message for me that said "clean extra good today, we've got parvo.":eek: when i got home i took my shoes and socks off outside, declothed right inside the house, threw my cloths away and took a shower. there is no way i could give this to Beanie and i'm making sure of it! is there anything else i can do to make sure Beanie doesn't get it?

sirrahved
02-19-2005, 06:10 PM
*sighs* no tips, but all of our puppies were just PTS because of this awful disease. I'm sure stripping and showering did the trick. Just make sure you don't rewear the clothes.

lute
02-19-2005, 06:23 PM
i'm so sorry for your loss. :(

i won't be rewearing the clothes...i threw them away.

BitsyNaceyDog
02-19-2005, 06:30 PM
I don't think you need to throw away your clothes, just wash them. You may want to use the clorox bleach that's for colored clothes though. I'm sure Beanie has been vaccinated for parvo. It's mostly puppies and geriatric dogs that are susceptible to it anyway(as far as I know).

aly
02-19-2005, 06:38 PM
If a dog is an adult and up to date on shots, there is a lot lower of a risk that he'd catch it. It mostly hits the puppies because their immune systems are still developing. It can also hit adult dogs hard if they have a compromised immune system from another sickness.

I've been in the shelter for so many years and never once brought home any illness or disease to my own animals. I've been around everything from URI. ringworm, parvo, coccidia, etc. I make sure to step in bleach or spray bleach on the bottom of my shoes, wash my clothes, and shower as soon as I get home if I've been around something really serious like parvo.

Sounds like you've done everything right :)

lute
02-19-2005, 07:07 PM
that's great that i did everything ok! yes, Beanie is up to date on shots.:) i'm only going to be around the puppies until tomarrow so i think just to wipe out ANY chance of me spreading it to Beanie or any other dog i'll just toss tomarrows cloths away also. thanks for helpin!:D

pitc9
02-19-2005, 09:56 PM
How scary!! :eek:

But like the others said, it sounds like you've done everything to prevent spreading it!