PDA

View Full Version : Q & A Game!

Rosey
09-09-2001, 02:24 AM
Hello! I'm new here and I thought You all would like this game! The way this game goes is "You answer the question from the previous post and then you post another question for the next person and so on and so on.. It should be about Pets and Animals!

Q; My favorite pet is hamsters What is yours?

Logan
09-09-2001, 09:26 AM
Hi Rosey and welcome to Pet Talk. I can hardly answer that question without hurting someones feelings! So I'm going to give you complicated answers. :p

I love dogs best because they are so much fun, can travel in the car easily, love to go for walks and swims, plus are trainable, and completely devoted to me.

I love cats best because most of the time, they are cuddly and loving, very easy to care for and less expensive than dogs! Plus they tend to live longer and are very content.

I love hamsters best because there isn't another warm, soft, tail-less pet that you can sit and hold right in the palm of your hand. They are fun to watch when they play and eat. And they are NO trouble at all!

Here's my question:
If you could get another pet of any kind, but make it something you don't currently have, what would it be?

I would like to have a bird, something like Paco, the Pet of the Day today.

[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

KayAnn
09-09-2001, 10:28 AM
Welcome Rosey!

My Answer to Logan's quetion:

I would get a Leopord Gecko!

Q :) If you could have a cross between 2 breeds of dogs, What would they be?

Mine would be Pit Bull and Great Dane, I want the looks of a Pit and how big the Dane is! :D

BandiTank
09-09-2001, 11:03 AM
If I could cross two breeds it would be the Australian shepherd and a Jack Russell Terrier. I had one a long time ago and she was great. She looked like a Jack Russell but had the colors and fur of an Aussie. We only had her for a week and she ran away (that's why I got Bandit).

Question: Okay, say you don't like Pit Bulls (even though I know you probably do), but you LOVE poodles. You go into an Animal Shelter and see that there is a Pit and Poodle, the Poodle just came in and it is the Pit bull's last day before euthanization. Who do you adopt? Just delete the fact that you actually do like pit bulls.

[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: BandiTank ]

[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: BandiTank ]

Rosey
09-09-2001, 01:01 PM
Thank-you ALL!
Since I have rescued many a pet at shelters I would go for the Pit Bull since time is a Question and try a find a owner for the poodle in the meantime.

QUESTION' What's the most unuasul Pet or breed you ever had?

Rosey
09-09-2001, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Rosey:
<STRONG>Hello! I'm new here and I thought You all would like this game! The way this game goes is "You answer the question from the previous post and then you post another question for the next person and so on and so on.. It should be about Pets and Animals!

Q; My favorite pet is hamsters What is yours?</STRONG>

If this board allows the Q & A can be about anything of interest to you!

crow_noir
09-10-2001, 03:46 AM
A: i think the most unusual pet i have ever had had to be a red spotted newt. the weirdedst breed, seeings as fish are not unusual to have as pets, was our striped raphel catfish. he was awesome!

Q: say, that you are a parent. one day your kid beings home an egg and asks if they can keep it and you say yes, since you know about hatching eggs. you hold it up to the light and see that it is a reptile inside, as you suspected from the shape. (oddly though, this is bigger than an alligator's egg.) well, it's been six months, it still hasn't hatched, but the thing is defintly alive. do you decide to continue to hatch it? if yes, then continue w/ this... a year goes by and this thing finally hatches. it is a long green lizard w/ wings. what is your reaction?

TheAntiPam
09-10-2001, 06:23 AM
A: I'd contact Harry Potter - sounds like a pet he should have! ;)
or I'd try to identify the creature to decide if it can be kept at home. Having an unusual pet can be wonderful for a child - but lessons about returning animals to their natural homes are important too. Besides, this might be the only time I'd ever get to call on Steve (The Crocodile Hunter) & Terri Irwin for help! :cool: :cool:

Q: If you could build something in or around your home just for your pet, what would it be? (A doggie pool? a cat walk around the house?)

[ September 10, 2001: Message edited by: TheAntiPam ]

jackiesdaisy1935
09-10-2001, 09:31 AM
If I could build something for dogs around my house it would be agility equipment and I would be about thirty years younger as I think that would be so much fun to do.

O.K. If you could have any kind of Pet or Dog in the whole world, what would it be?

Dixieland Dancer
09-10-2001, 02:05 PM
I am already blessed with part of this dream. If I could have any pet or animal in the whole world it would be a horse farm and lots of Golden Retrievers. Horses are such beautiful animals.

Question: What is the silliest thing you have ever done with your pet?

thelmalu99
09-10-2001, 03:27 PM
A: Danced to 70's tunes with him.

Q: What is the sweetest moment you remember having with your pet?

BandiTank
09-10-2001, 04:35 PM
The sweetest moment I have ever had with a pet would have to be when Bandit picked up the little runt kitten over to me (in his mouth) and sat it in my lap. Then he started to just stare at it. He picked it up again and took it to the corner of the room and just started grooming it. It was so sweet I just wanted to cry.

QUESTION: Okay, so Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter), Jeff Corwin, and Mark O'Shea come over to your house saying they want to use your living room for a TV special they are doing with King Cobras and Alligators. What do you do?

crow_noir
09-11-2001, 01:12 AM
A:first off, laugh my a$$ off. when i finally get my breath back, say how much do i get paid for this. then "sure, if you can fit them in here" on second thought, i reallllly don't want the world seeing my living room. "sorry guys, you just have to find someone else's livingroom"

Q: what is the strangest animal that you've seen walk(move) through your back(any part of your) yard. (or just one that you were taken off guard by the most.) (like a rabbit isn't a strange animal, but seeing one in the city can be rare, ...especially on easter morning :-D)

Rosey
09-11-2001, 03:49 AM
A; It would have to be a badger I saw on Monday while watering the grass, I turned around and jumped as it scared me and it was a big one and I ran for the door!! :) And it ran for cover!

Q; What do you think of those T.V Shows with pets called something like "Animals Funniest Video's" :rolleyes:

Dixieland Dancer
09-11-2001, 08:24 AM
My son just loves the show and will watch it over some of the so called more popular sit coms. I love hearing him laugh so I love watching too! Some of the videos really are pretty halarious.

Question: If you have a pet that is just the greatest and has bonded with you as kind of a soul mate and someone offers you a lot of money for the pet, would you take it? Let's say something like $250,000.00. :eek:

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-11-2001, 08:46 AM
A. I would not give my Drake for all the money and riches of the world. He means so much to me and has become my best friend. Drake cheers me up when I am sad, makes me laugh, and is a wonderful companion. What use is the money if I am heartbroken after giving my wonderful pet away. I am the richest person as far as I am conerned: I have the love of my furbaby!

Q.If your pet could go anywhere in the world, where would he/she go, why, and what whould he/she do?

Dog lover5678
09-11-2001, 03:28 PM
A:If my hampster could go any where He would go to Hawii and go Surfin

Q:If You Could Teach Your Animal ANY thing what would it be?

Rosey
09-11-2001, 04:02 PM
A If I could teach them anything it would have to be How To Talk!

Q If You Had 3 Wishes you could grant to your pet What would they be?

Rottie
09-11-2001, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Rosey:
Q If You Had 3 Wishes you could grant to your pet What would they be?[/QB]

Answer:
1. That their lives would be prolonged to as long or longer than the average human
2. That they would always be happy
3. That he wouldn't have any more hot spots! :)

Question:
If you were about to adopt a dog and found out it had a disease that would cost $100 a month for medicine for the rest of it's life, would you still adopt it?

crow_noir
09-12-2001, 12:54 AM
i honestly could not adopt that dog right now. we're barley feeding ourselves as it is. if i was wealthy and i cared about that dog more then the others in the shelter, then yes, i would still adopt it.

Q: do you think that if your dog (or other pet. there have been others that could do the job) had a week to train for an emergancy search and rescue in your area would they be able to succeed? and if your pet is already in s&r, are they full time, volunteer, or not certified, but you know they can do the work?

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-12-2001, 08:03 AM
A. If Drake had only a week to train to be a s&r dog, I think he may be able to do it. He is very smart and catches on really quickly. He is very strong and has a great nose and impecable instinct. I do not think he could be as good as a well trained s&r dog though. He could be if he had more time.

Q. If your dog could say one thing to you, what would it be?

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: Souraya ]

Rosey
09-12-2001, 08:23 AM
A I love you back 100 times over!

Q If your pet could give you one thing that would please you the most 'What would that one thing be?

KayAnn
09-12-2001, 10:32 AM
A.) Simba has already gave me back stuff to please me... he has giving me love, joy, and most of all being a child resposibilty. I could have not asked for anything better!

Q.) If there is one thing you could change about your dog, what would it be? (like ears cropped, or tail docked... if you could make them back to normal... or like if they have a personalitie u do not like, or they do stuff u dont like.)

Dixieland Dancer
09-12-2001, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't change a thing about my Dixie or Dusty. They are great the way they are and I am sooooooo in love with them! :D :D :D

Question: If money were no object, what would you feed your pet?

AdoreMyDogs
09-12-2001, 10:53 AM
Hahaha....I have to be quicker here...you beat me to it, Dixieland, I had to delete my post because it came after yours after I posted :)

Answer: I would probablly keep Graham on his current diet of Innova with Dr. Krugers Ultimate Supplement & his glucosomine tab.

Question:
Would you quit your current job (which, say you liked ALOT) in order to work at a dog-friendly company doing something you don't perticullary like as well, but so you could take your dog to work every day (granted it was well behaved)?

Dixieland Dancer
09-12-2001, 11:23 AM
In a heart beat! Having my pups with me would make the not so great job bearable!

Question: If you could, would you send your dog to a professional obedience trainer or train your dog yourself with a trainers assistance?

Rottie
09-12-2001, 11:55 AM
I would never send my dog away to be trained, unless for some reason I was physically uncabable of doing so.

Question: If there was a law that said that you couldn't own the breed of dog that you currently own, would you move or find the dog a new home?

3-greys-and-a-mutt
09-12-2001, 12:07 PM
I'd move!!! My dogs are my family, and I can't imagine giving them up just to comply with a silly rule!

Question: If you were offered a job in Hawaii, would you move there with your dog, even though it would mean a 30 day rabies quarantine once you got there?

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-12-2001, 03:16 PM
A. As opposed to doing what? Finding him a new home? If the Hawaii job was better for the family, then we would move and take Drake with us. I would rather him be quarantined for 30 days and have him back in my home with me, than just find him a new home.

Q. Does your dog resemble a celebirty (actor, singer, world leader: could be personality, actions), who and why do you think she/he resembles that celebrity?

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: Souraya ]

Daisy's Mom
09-12-2001, 10:00 PM
A. Daisy resembles the sweet late Walter Mathou! They both have wrinkles, droopy jowls, and sweet dispositions! :)

Q. If you could spend the day with any one dog from Pet Talk, who would it be? ;)

crow_noir
09-12-2001, 11:32 PM
A: that's a hard one if i exclude King, otherwise i'd choose him. i mean i do have my favorites, but i couldn't choose just one. i geuss it depends on who's the closest and if our scheduals matched.

Q: if all of a sudden there was no petrolium in the world, what mode of tranpertation would you choose?

(i just read on the coolist thing today. i forget what the two things were that they combined, but... This was in the discovery magazine. zero emmissions and the water that came out of the process was drinkable. we HAVE the technology!!!)

kobieeli
09-13-2001, 12:33 AM
A: Downhill or cross-country skiing! (Of course I'd have to move to a place other than California, but...) That way Kobie and I could learn skjoring (sp?)!

Q: If your pet and you were stranded on a desert island, so to speak, what one toy or item would you guess he/she would absolutely love to have there and couldn't be happy without?

Rosey
09-13-2001, 12:49 AM
A; A truck load of food!

Q; Let's say you were walking down the street and you had your pet with you and a limo pulled up and told you they have fallen in love with your pet and they would give you 50,000 dollars for them on the spot! What would your answer be?

Dixieland Dancer
09-13-2001, 09:21 AM
There is no amount of money in the world that could take my Dixie and Dusty away from me. They are the greatest treasure I could ever hope to have and I value them more than I can say.

Question: If you had a working dog that did Search and Rescue and they were needed by a professional agency on a full time basis but they couldn't take you, would you let the dog go for the good of humanity or keep them with you?

Rottie
09-13-2001, 12:16 PM
A: I'd tell them that we're a team, and you can't seperate us. Either take both of us, or leave both of us. :)

Q: If you had all the money and time in the world, what would be one thing you would want to do or buy for your pet?

AdoreMyDogs
09-13-2001, 12:33 PM
Answer:
Buy: a 200 acre plot of wooded land in Oregon...my dream home. I would then get a GSD with full German bloodlines, have maybe 20 acres fenced so any dog I had would have pleanty of room to play. There would be a fully agility setup, professional search and rescue training tools/obsticles, a large pond for swimming, and I would hire the highest rated dog trainer available working on site with me daily so the dog(s) would be able to work every day, doing what they were bred to do.

Question: Would you rather spend the day with your most favorite actor/actress having dinner, drinks, laughing, and just basically having a great time, or would you rather take your dog to the office with you for one day and get to show it off to your co workers?

Dixieland Dancer
09-13-2001, 03:25 PM
No question about it ---- take my pups to work and show them off!

Question: If your dog could talk what one thing would you really want to hear him say?

zippy-kat
09-13-2001, 04:59 PM
"I will not eat kitty crunchies from the litter box!"

Q. If your pet could have a PET, what kind would it be? (Sorry, owners count as slaves & maids--not pets. lol)

KayAnn
09-13-2001, 06:39 PM
Well Simba has a pet, (bob and Fred) but i bet he would LOVE to have a kittie to "play" with! ;)

Question: If it was between your life, and your pets life... whuch would go? (meaning would you die for your pet)

crow_noir
09-14-2001, 01:47 AM
well, i have put my life on the line several times for my Rat Terrier and King.

one time we (my family, Specks, and myself) were hiking in the pourcuipine (sp?) mountains in Michigan's UP. well, she saw a chipmunk and started to chase after it. well, it jumped over a cliff and onto a ledge that it knew was there. well, specks would have just jumped right over the ledge at the speed she was going. We all yelled NO! at the same time and she stopped, but i was getting ready to dive for her.

i've already yelled at my parents and stood between them, so they couln't hurt her. risking getting in trouble, or beat myself. but, for her and upholding my morals it is worth it.

King had saved my once from som kids and once from a vicious neighborhood dog. well, a few weeks later it would be my turn to save him. i acted as a distraction and got hurt by the dog in the process. both King and my fiance worked as a team to get the dog off of me. people say, you should never try to break up a dog fight. it wasn''t a fight. it was a 160lb. bully ripping into a 40lb(then) dog who wasn't fighting back. (and the rope that we were walking King w/ was wrapping around King and my Fiance in the struggle. there was no way i was going to loose my best friend.

And there is anouther way i have saved King. All i can say, is i refuse to give up such a well mannered, non-agressive dog.

at first i didn't know how to answer the question, but as i wrote this, i realize i have put my life on the line for my dogs in the past and i do yet every single day.

crow_noir
09-14-2001, 01:49 AM
oops, i forgot in all my passion, to add a question.

Q: do you actually beleive that through out the history of the world, there have never or ever will be two identical snowflakes?

Dixieland Dancer
09-14-2001, 08:43 AM
I believe that no two snowflakes are alike. Even identical twins are in some slight way different. There are millions of people in the world and I've never met another one like me. And I know there could never be another Dixie and Dusty. They are so unique.

Question: If you could take your pet on a vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be? Money or time is no object.

KayAnn
09-14-2001, 09:19 AM
wow i just noticed you live in MI.. were in MI if i may ask?

crow_noir
09-15-2001, 01:35 AM
Dixieland: well, i'd start out by going through the UP, going to the northern most point, and then work my way into Canada, and eventually end up in Alaska. then travel south back through Canada and visit washington and Northern California. and venture though the states on my way back to Michigan. relax for a week or two, pick up some of my friends from down in Detroit and go visit our frien on his parents acers and acres of land in Maine.

crow_noir
09-15-2001, 01:37 AM
Kay Ann: east side, of the middle third, of the lower penn.

why do you ask if you don't mind me asking?

crow_noir
09-15-2001, 01:40 AM
oyh i did it again!!!

Q: if you could have any wild local animal as a pet what would it be?
(or domestic version of it's wild counterpart. ex. russia i think it is has minature, domesticated foxes.)

TheAntiPam
09-15-2001, 06:41 AM
I get to cheat a little with my answer - I'd have a parrot! I live near a huge botanical park that has become home to stray and released birds from many places. Even though they are not native, the parrots have formed their own colonies and continue to breed. You can find almost any kind of bird, but they are all feral. Finding a baby to hand raise would be a challenge. So, I could have a "local" yet exotic pet!

Q: If you won the lottery, what are three animal-related causes you'd donate to? (My big yellow tabby says "Everyone should choose Spencer's Society for the Advancement of Orange Kitties!" ;) )

[ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: TheAntiPam ]

4 feline house
09-15-2001, 09:57 AM
I would start my own animal charity, devoted to fostering pets whose people are temporarily unable to care for them, or assisting their owners, whether through illness, homelessness, financial restraints, etc. I once read that many women stay in abusive relationships because the shelters don't allow animals and they are terrified that if they leave their pets behind their men will harm them. I know from my own personal experience, when I was critically ill many years ago, that you have no choice but to let your pets go, either to a shelter or just simply by euthanizing them. I had been fostering pets for years and was shocked that there was no help when my friends sought it for me, because all the foster homes were full of animals that had no owners at all, they couldn't start taking animals that already had a home, even if that home was unoccupied because the owner was in the hospital in a coma. They had no choice but to turn my cats over to my mother, whom I hadn't spoken to for 13 years. My friends handed over four cats, two came home because my mom didn't even bother to try to keep them from going out the cat door. One disappeared, and another was hit by a car.

Anyway, I digress!

If you could identify one event that made you become an animal lover, what was it?

KayAnn
09-15-2001, 10:50 AM
Oh because i go to MI every summer... and i was just wondering were u r... i go to Fenton MI .. and around that area.. hopefully this summer i will get to go to Auburn Hills and meet Graham Pooch and Leslie!

crow_noir
09-16-2001, 02:31 AM
Kay Ann:
ooooh! that would be soooo exciting!

crow_noir
09-16-2001, 02:43 AM
4 F H:
being born.
maybe my dad instilling respect of animals and patience into me around the age of three.
i just remember liking animals and nature my whole life.
maybe it was my german shepherd/lab nanny who instilled the love in me. rest in peace and honorably Baron. i will never forget you. (he was put down when i was two, and i never forgot him.)

...yes, i think i have to give alot of credit to the dogs and cats of my toddler and child hood. first off, i'd like to think Baron. then there are two very loved and missed black cats. most of all i think one's name was spooky. who's doggie brother i also have to give a huge mention to. Bare, a shepherd, black lab mix. (built like a rott. heart like one too. big slobbering baby.) and the list could go on for a while.)

If God sent a messanger to you telling you you could have any three pets come stay w/ you for 20 more years(perfect health, comming to you as babies), which would they be?
*i don't mean any of that in a religious way, just a general question.*

Rosey
09-17-2001, 11:48 AM
A; I would have to day a Cat, Dog, and a hamster as I love so many kinds of pets and would like to have them around for some time. :D And in perfect health would be a dream come true!

Q; What would be a good choice for a first time owner who never had a pet before?

crow_noir
09-19-2001, 05:26 AM
A: after all the pets i've "owned" and have taken care of for people, i honestly have to say, if they(all pets) are being taken care of properly... a CAT is the #1 easiest pet to take care of. a dog #2. (requires some intelligence and common sence for training.) (where as a bird can be, i stress can be, but not necessarily, easier to train, is defintly higher maintence.)

Q: if you could vote to do away w/ dailights savings time, and the other clock adjustments, would you? (you know, just a final half hour adjustment, and never have to do it again for the rest of the time on earth) why or why not? (he he, this sounds like a homework type question ...lol)

Logan
09-19-2001, 08:15 AM
I'm trying to get back in the swing of things here. And your question is very timely, as Helen and I were discussing Daylights Saving time just last night.

Answer: It would probably make sense to do away with it, since not every community even uses it. BUT, frankly, I like it. I like the "false" sense of that extra hour of sleep in the fall, along with "closing up" a little earlier as the weather is getting cooler. And I love it when the weather is warming up and we push those clocks forward and have longer days, therefore more time outdoors in the evening.

My question is this:

If there was one good thing about your dog or cat that you could mimick and do yourself, what would it be?

(and my answer would be to be able to curl up and go to sleep in the sunshine, whenever I want to)

Former User
09-19-2001, 08:36 AM
Casper and Kitty's human here... well one thing I want to have from my cats is their energy...my godness they have way too much of it sometimes ;) and I sure could use it, as I've been a bit lazy lately :eek:

Q: what is the animal you wouldn't want to have as your pet? (just from the animals that are considered as pets)

Cougie Wechsler
09-19-2001, 08:43 AM
A: A creey crawly tarantula :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dixieland Dancer
09-19-2001, 10:24 AM
A Snake :mad: I absolutely hate snakes.

Question: This has been on my mind all week due to the tragic circumstances in NY. Here goes.... If you had a search dog and it's feet and other parts of the body were getting all cut up searching for victims in the rubble of the WTC, would you pull your dog from the search or let the dog continue to search? :confused: :confused: :confused:

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-19-2001, 10:48 AM
A. If the cuts were putting my dog in danger, then yes, I would pull him out of the search. He is no use to anyone if he is hurt. If the cuts were small and not too serious, I would let him continue with the search.

Q. Does your pet like the mountains or the beach better?

Logan
09-19-2001, 01:36 PM
I don't know, but I'm getting ready to find out! Honey and Lilly are accompanying Helen and me to Oak Island, NC in October. We can't wait!!! And hopefully, knowing their love for water, they will love it too! I am a beach person, although I live closer to the mountains. I do think that Honey and Lilly would love a mountain trip too, swimming in the cold water, and hiking and exploring.

Here's my question:

What "treat" does your pet just live for?

My doggie girls Love any kind of new squeaky toy. And Butter, the cat, loves anything with catnip and we love watching him chase it! Mimi prefers a nice can of Fancy Feast and a nap! :D

KayAnn
09-19-2001, 05:27 PM
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/025/lm/Y9/bW/5M89539.jpg

Would this answer your question?!?!?!?
MILKBONES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question: What is your pets favorite season?

Simba is Summer because he LOVES that sun... sometimes i joke around and say How does Simba get so tan, and my mom replys its from layin out in that sun all day! ;)

Tebaldi
09-19-2001, 10:00 PM
My beautiful plump, white cat Tebaldi's favourite season is summer. She just loves the sun even when it is uncomfortably hot for humans. Only on the hottest days does she stay in the shade. I worry about her getting burnt but when I rub sunblock onto her pinkie ears & nose she promptly licks it off.

Q. Has anyone had success with sunblock or special sunhats to prevent their pets getting burnt?

crow_noir
09-19-2001, 10:52 PM
A: i have friends on another furum who have had lots of sucess. however, King obviously doesn't need any w/ his triple layer coat. (and i don't shave him due to his completly rare colors. i'd have a white dog instead of a black dog if i shaved him. ..lol) and while living at home, i don't think my parents would have agreed to putting sunblock on our rat terrier.)

Q: have you ever been full body tripped by your pet? (not only a quick stumble, but more of a roll or a fall)

Dog lover5678
09-20-2001, 06:38 AM
A.No idont think i have ever been well mabey a stumble but not a Fall Fall weellll nywayz

Q.Is This like a REALLllllllllyYYYYYYYYYYY good game?

;) ;)

Logan
09-20-2001, 07:43 AM
I think its a great game and we have Rosey to thank for it! :D So, "THANKS", Rosey.

Here's my question:

In your ideal world, how many pets would you have, and what kind?

My answer is: I would have a much larger yard and more money so that I could have three dogs, or at least be able to foster, my two cats, my two hamsters, and I would have a garden pond with koi (which I will have regardless, one day), plus I would like to have a bird.

Dixieland Dancer
09-20-2001, 02:15 PM
In a ideal world I would have a farm full of animals. I would have horses, some cows, and of course about 5 or 6 Goldens.

Question: You are on a deserted Island with your dog and no food to eat except for one Turkey sandwich. You are hungry but so is the dog. Who gets the sandwich?

Logan
09-20-2001, 04:32 PM
We split it, of course! :D

Question:

You have had a solitary cat for a long, long time. She can tolerate dogs, but hates other cats. A beautiful stray Siamese mix shows up in the dead of winter, its cold outside, and you see that he is sleeping where your gas furnace vents, just trying to stay warm. What do you do? Do you let him inside? Do you say "Scat Cat"? Do you take him to the pound or shelter?

My answer: Those of you who know me, know that I experienced this last winter. And of course, he lives here now! And his name is Butter. He is ferocious, still can't let you pet him without attacking, except when he is eating, but is so happy in this house, even with Mimi hissing at him at every turn, that my answer is that I did the right thing...letting him stay. He's now neutered, well fed, and quite the "pain in the neck", but loved and very happy. We hope for the day when he can feel comfortable enough not to scratch and bite us! :D

Karen
09-20-2001, 05:46 PM
A: I would introduce cat2 into the house as slowly and carefully as I can - after dusting for fleas, etc. If, after some time, cat1 was still absolutely furious at me, I'd give cat2 to one of my siblings, who have multi-animal friendly cats!

Question: Do you think pets should be able to visit their ill owners in the hospital (as long as the patient is not in a condition that the pet visiting could harm) even if they aren't trained therapy pets?

4 feline house
09-20-2001, 07:36 PM
A: Having spent an extended time in the hospital several years ago, and having been hospitalized roughly 20 times in the past 11 or 12 years, I unequivocably say YES!!!

However, I am practical enough to know that would be virtually impossible.

But it's really hard to sleep with no kitty snuggled between your knees!

Q: Have you, as an animal lover, had a pet or was close to someone who had a pet that you didn't really like?

KayAnn
09-20-2001, 08:42 PM
Yes, its was my friends Lab Trece. He was WAAAAY too hyper he was 2 years old and he was just plain STUPID! He would knock you over when u walked in, he would ram his nose up ur butt as you were walking, scratch u up, and just plain annoy you, i mean i know he was kinda trying to be a love bug but enopugh was enough! i always told her to put her away when i went over, and Simba just plain hates him. Again he doesnt like hyper dogs in which he does nto like labs alot!

Ok you walk into the shelter and theres this beautiful Golden Retriever Pure Bred! and then next to it theres this "ugly" hienz 57 mutt with a smushed nose and one ear up and one crooked that has been there for a while ( no kill shleter) and you know it will never get adopted, which do u pick?

Well this is exactly what happned to my naighbor when she got her dog Pooter noone wanted pooter and she was just a plain ole mutt! but i loved potter i knew her ever since she was a pup and i was a "pup". "Poots" as i called her sadly passed away in January of this year. :( She had a big tumor in her mouth in which 5 years ago the doctor said she would die in 5 months.. but she made it 5 years, she finally lost all of her teeth and it was her time- she lives a happy 15 years! R.I.P Poots

Rosey
09-21-2001, 12:24 AM
Hi and I must say first that it is so touching to the heart to hear how so many people that truly love their pets on this board!

A; Since I'm a big fan on rescuing animals that no one wants I would have to go with the hienz 57 mutt. As I'm sure the other one will have no problem in finding a home!

Q; I heard on a T.V show when they were talking about pets their dog always sleeps in their bed at night and it hogs most of it. Do you ever or would you consider letting your pet sleep in your bed? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

zippy-kat
09-21-2001, 12:57 AM
Growing up, the dog was never allowed on the bed/furniture. Our kitties were allowed to occupy any piece of furniture they saw fit. Right now, the only animal I have living with me is my house bun, Sophie. AND BELIEVE ME...I have TRIED to get her to sleep with me. It just doesn't work! There's nothing like a 5lb bunny hurling herself at you at 2am, waking you from a dead sleep...or waking you up chewing on the carpet...or waking you up burrowing under the covers! lol :rolleyes: (Gave me quite a fright until I discovered what it was! lol) She will take naps with me during the day, but since buns are nocturnal...she just can't be good! lol I'd LOVE for her to sleep with me though! (She actually did one night...it was storming and I think she was frightened of the lightning...but that has been the ONLY time she's made it through the complete night).

Q. What is the strangest thing you have ever caught your pet doing?

[ September 21, 2001: Message edited by: zippy-kat ]

crow_noir
09-21-2001, 12:57 AM
yes, i always try to get King to sleep w/ us but he refuses to stay on the bed. (it's not right for a subordanate to do such things.) *shrug* if that's what makes you happy. though, we do wish we had a king sized bed so all three of us would fit comfortably. (the two of us fight for space as it is. well, we have it finally worked out verbally.)

Q:if you could have a cross of ANY two animals, what would it be? (dog/wolf, orangatang/monkey, domestic cat/bobcat, etc. don't count)

Rosey
09-24-2001, 11:29 AM
A;I'm stumped on that one I'm going to leave this for someone who would like to answer that!
:confused:

Q; I saw on The Animal Planet you can brush your pets teeth do you do it or take it to the Vets. to have it done? :rolleyes:

Dixieland Dancer
09-24-2001, 12:59 PM
The ultimate mix has already been done. It produced the Golden Retriever! :D :D :D

I do brush my Dixie's teeth. Dusty still has baby teeth (that are falling out left and right) so I don't do his yet but I will. I had to take my first two Goldens to the vet to have it done after the buildup got real bad. The dogs needed to be put under anesthesia to do this. I just think it's easier on the dogs and less expensive for the humans to do this task. They get use to it just like brushing or any other grooming practice.

Q: If something were to happen to you (God forbid) do you have someone lined up to take care of your pets and adopt them? :(

Rosey
09-24-2001, 01:17 PM
A; Yes I thought of that and it's good to think ahead as you never know what tommorrow will bring! My daughter :D

Q; Everyone loves their pet here Does any one cook meals for their lovely's? Maybe not all the time but as a treat? Or give human food maybe? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-24-2001, 01:38 PM
A. I try not to give Drake any people food. I do know that somethimes her may get bored with dry IAMs and so I give him cooked chicken and broth over his food or tuna sometimes. I am a vegiterian, so the chicken, tuna and the broth is cooked just for him. So, I guess you can say that I make him special meals from time to time.

Q. What car would you think would match their personality and attitude?

NoahsMommy
09-24-2001, 05:39 PM
A: Noah would drive a nice car, like a Mercedes or a Jag, but then, he would rip out the upholstery, jump against all the windows (maybe he would enjoy a convertible?) and drag all of his toys in it. He would have to have a glass of my water in the cup holder at all times and wouldn't drive without me or his daddy...maybe we could make him a CD to put in there! :D

Q: If you could have an pet in the whole world (it would be safe and OK with the animal), what would you like to have?

catwoman
09-24-2001, 05:47 PM
A: A timber wolf. I've always loved them, since I used to volunteer at a wolf habitat and got to help raise/socialize wolf pups.

Q: What is the spookiest "knowing before it happens" thing your pet does?

BandiTank
09-26-2001, 05:42 PM
One day our Arabian horse just started running around the pasture (which looked beautiful) and freaking out, the dogs weren't even chasing him. We couldn't even get him to come to his bowl for meal time. About an hour and a half later a huge wind storm picked up. He was in his barn for the rest of the night.

QUESTION: (I don't know if this question has been asked but oh well) If you could have ONE pet back for a day that has crossed to the Rainbow Bridge, which one would it be?

Oh, and about that question "What made you be an animal lover?" I just thought I would say about when I started really loving animals. Well, I have always loved animals becuase I have grown up around them. But I became a true dog lover when I was at a freind's house (I was maybe 4 or 5 years old) and their dog was playing with their cat. I was pulling on the dog's collar (for some stupid reason) and he turned around and pined on the floor, I thought he was just playing with me because wasn't growling or biting me. He bit me on the arm, not very hard but enough to scare me half to death. He didn't break the skin or anything. I went home and about 2 weeks later we went back and they werent home. The dog was outside at the time and he ran around the house stodd up on his hind legs and gave me a big kiss. That's when I started loving dogs!

KayAnn
09-26-2001, 06:51 PM
The pet i really want back is my black goldfish that i named Puff Daddy. Back then i loved the rapper puff daddy and the fish was black, he was puffy and it was a boy! And i want my other fishies Elmo and Pinky. Elmo was a orangish redish corycat fish and pinky was like a light light pinkish color (he was an albino fish)
I loved thoose fish and they were my first pets! They say fish arent as good as dogs and stuff but i really do miss them and cried as i had to flush them R.I.P scaley babiez!
What is your favorite game\show\magazine featuring animals?
Mine has to be anything on Animal Planet!

[ September 26, 2001: Message edited by: KayAnn ]

Dixieland Dancer
09-27-2001, 08:25 AM
I would like to answer two questions! I would want my first Golden back. Her name was Taffy and she taught me about unconditional love. I got her in my late teens when I was going through emotional termoil. Without her I am scared to think what I might of done with my life. :( Thank God he brought her into my life when he did and made her my best friend!

My favorite magazine is The Whole Dog Journal. I look forward to the training and informational articles each month.

Q: Do you have a way of identifying your pet if someone ever stole it and claimed it as their own when you found it?

I have a friend who had this happen and the person who stole the dog was awarded the dog in court because possession is 9/10ths of the law and my friend had no way to prove the dog was hers. It left her heartbroken. My pets are all microchipped and tatooed.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
09-27-2001, 08:56 AM
Of course the dogs all wear licenses, ID tags, rabies tags, etc. - the usual 'removable' forms of ID. Our greyhounds all came with tattoos in both ears. Pup is not microchipped or tattooed; I guess if something happened to her, and I had to prove she was mine, I'd have to pull out her x-rays.

Q: Who is you favorite pet movie/TV star? (ex. Hooch on Turner and Hooch, Eddie from Frasier....)

Rosey
09-27-2001, 09:27 AM
A; That is a tuff one as to name just one :confused: How about the Taco Bell Dog!

Q; That question made me think of this one
On T.V You see alot of animals dogs, cats, horses, and many more if you could get to pick one for yourself as your very own and it would come true "What animal would you pick? :cool:

purrley
09-27-2001, 09:34 AM
Answer: Even though I'm a cat person I have always wanted a collie like Lassie - smart,
loyal and loving :)

Question:
If you could become one of your animals what would they think of you?

Former User
09-27-2001, 10:04 AM
On behalve of Casper and Kitty...(they are asleep now)... They would probably think that my favourite word is no! They think I keep saying it too much :D

Q: what is the most embarrasing moment you've had with your pet while guests on the house?

purrley
09-27-2001, 11:59 AM
Rosie - thanks for this - this is fun and I just have to answer the next question.
Answer: the most embarrassing thing that's happend to me is that I had a real estate lady come over to my house to estimate it's value because I was thinking of selling at the time. She had on this beautiful black suit, sat down on one of my veletty chairs that gets sat on alot by my cats (all of which are very white) and walked out covered with white cat hair. I felt so bad. Hope she got all the cat hair off. :(

Rosey
09-27-2001, 12:10 PM
Purrley I had already typed my answer when I saw yours and I had to laugh as that happened with me too! My cat was black and the person was my soon to be Mother in law and she was wearing a white suit!!

A; Well it's still makes my face flush when I remember when my cat was sitting on my lap and I was talking with a few people in the room and as I was about to put her down to get up and her paw got hooked on my blouse and my shirt ripped right open and I need not mention I was lost for words! Or what to do :o

Q If you had to pick a funny or cute story about your pet to tell to all us What would that story be that you would share with all of us? :confused:

KayAnn
09-28-2001, 06:08 PM
there are many but one of my favs.... the first day we got Simba i took him for a walk paradeing around showing of "Look What I got" kind of attitude.. well we were walking by this lawn qith over gorwn grass an it was a nice sunny day with a nice breeze and the grass was moving in the wind.. well he pounced like a cat and grabbed the grazz and ripped some out and shaked his head Sometimes i think hes a cat, he loves milk, he loves chaseing like feathers or moving things.. he loves heights, and sometimes he rubs along you legs... sorry but ive got to say if he is a cat he sure is the cutest one yet ive seen! ;)
if your pet had to pick a fav kind of music which would they choose?
Hopefully, if ive raised a smart pup he would choose Rap and his fav would be the best, Nelly! He would be banded from listening to n suck or backstreet boys or britney
:rolleyes:

[ September 28, 2001: Message edited by: KayAnn ]

KayAnn
09-28-2001, 06:12 PM
to Dixieland Dancer's ? : i dont think anyone could steal Sim! and if they did if he saw me he would probably come straight to me if he saw me... and plus how could i not identify thoose heart melting hazel eyes and soft tan fur, and that big slobbery tounge that he gives great puppy slobberz with! ;)

Rosey
09-30-2001, 11:14 AM
A; Okay my pets would probably listen to New Country or the Golden oldies :eek: :eek:
As this is what I usally play around here!
Oh my age is showing through

Q; If they opened a Pet Restaurant around you that is strictly for Pets would you take your Pet there for lunch as a treat! :eek:

KayAnn
09-30-2001, 12:41 PM
yes i would!!! I LOVE Takeing Simba places with me.. if i could id take him to school with me!!!!!!!!!

if you were to get a pet of the opisite sex of the pet you have now.. what would u name it to match the other dogs name?
Id name it either Nala or Kiara or maybe Sarabi!

Dog lover5678
10-01-2001, 07:13 AM
I would name my pet NIKERS because my hampsters name is snickers!!!!!!!

If you could pick any kind of dog in the world what would it be?????????

Shoshonee
10-03-2001, 01:23 PM
If I could pick any dog it would be a beagle named Snoopy. Although I also like chocolate labs and redbone coon hounds.

Q:If you took your pet to the zoo how would it react to all of the animals there?

catwoman
10-03-2001, 02:20 PM
A: "Cool ... BIG GAME!"

Q: If you have a friend who does not like your pet, what is their reason?

purrley
10-03-2001, 03:14 PM
A.
Since I'm a cat person I do have several friends who are allergic to cats - I feel so bad when they get stuffed up and all red eyed. Try to keep antihistimine tablets available but most my friends don't like to stay and visit too long because of it. Then I have a couple male friends who just hate cats period - what is it with men and cats anyway???
Q.
If your pet could dislike one of your habits good or bad - what would that be?

thelmalu99
10-03-2001, 03:39 PM
A: I think Elvis would say that he dislikes the fact that I won't let him climb up on the kitchen counters. He also thinks I move around too much in the bed or on the couch when he is trying to sleep. :rolleyes:
Danny wishes that I would let him eat scraps off of my plate.

Q: Is there anybody that your pet does not like? How does he/she react to that person?

Pam
10-03-2001, 03:57 PM
A. My cat, Trevor, did not like my son's ex-wife. Whenever she would come over he would smell her ankles and get all puffed up and sometimes hiss. We thought it was because he smelled her dog but now we know that he was a better judge of character than we were! haha! :D

Q. Has your pet ever broken anything really expensive?

RachelJ
10-03-2001, 07:09 PM
Oh, Pam, you know the answer to this one. The time Hannah got my husbands *partial* (teeth that is) comes to mind immediately.

If money, space, and time were no object, just how many dogs (cats or other pets) do you think you would have?

[ October 03, 2001: Message edited by: RachelJ ]

aly
10-03-2001, 09:30 PM
A. As many as I could possibly care for without neglecting any of them!!!!! I really hope to someday have a ranch in the country for dogs and cats rescued from death row at shelters.

Q. If your significant other told you that he/she didn't like animals and you could never get another one, what would you do?

[ October 03, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]

crow_noir
10-03-2001, 10:40 PM
A: say tough sh!t and dump their a$$. actually, scratch that. i wouldn't be w/ a non-animal lover in the first place, so that wouldn't happen.

Q: what is your favorite fictional animal book? favorite fictional animal TV show? and movie?

aly
10-03-2001, 10:56 PM
A: My favorite animal book is The Fox and the Hound. I cried and cried and cried every time I read it or watched the movie. It was my FAVORITE childhood story. I even have a stuffed animal dog dog named Copper. His neck is taped together and he's in bad shape, but he's the most special thing in the world to me. My favorite animal shows have to be all the ones on Animal Planet. I really liked Hollywood Unleashed. I also like Planet's Funniest Animals, Breed All About It, and all the rest!

Q. What dog breed do you think fits your personality?

crow_noir
10-03-2001, 10:59 PM
hmmmm. you got me thinking. though i like wolves and german shepards the best and they fit into my personality the best, my personality is not like thiers. i'm going to have to think about this. you really do have me thinging.

Former User
10-04-2001, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by aly:
<STRONG>A: My favorite animal book is The Fox and the Hound. I cried and cried and cried every time I read it or watched the movie. It was my FAVORITE childhood story. I even have a stuffed animal dog dog named Copper. His neck is taped together and he's in bad shape, but he's the most special thing in the world to me. My favorite animal shows have to be all the ones on Animal Planet. I really liked Hollywood Unleashed. I also like Planet's Funniest Animals, Breed All About It, and all the rest!

Q. What dog breed do you think fits your personality?</STRONG>

None what so ever, we're cats
:D :D :D
our humans might be...hmm...poodles maybe?

Q. What cat breed do you think fits your personality? (sorry to be a 'copy cat' :D with the question)

thelmalu99
10-04-2001, 10:53 AM
A: Somebody once posted a link to a little quiz that gave you the answer to that question. I came up as a "mixed breed", LOL. I think that was pretty accurate. No blue blood running in these veins, LOL!

Q: Who is your favorite cartoon or TV/movie animal of all time and why?

Former User
10-04-2001, 11:22 AM
G-A-R-F-I-E-L-D, what a good role model he is :D :D :D :D :D
our humans don't think so though, we wonder why? ;)

Q: What is the weirdest pet name you've come across ever?

purrley
10-04-2001, 11:24 AM
I don't know how weird this is but my neighbor has a cat called OSAMA - big cat you know :eek:

purrley
10-04-2001, 11:40 AM
OH by the way OSAMA is a female and she's a cross between a Norw. Forest and a Maine Coon - a big girl and is 5 years old - hence her name, I guess. :)

zippy-kat
10-04-2001, 07:27 PM
At the place I take riding lessons, there's a horse named What. You can get into some pretty interesting/humorous conversations with that name.
"You want me to ride What?"

Does your pet match a celebrity? (either physical characteristics or attitude, etc) If so, who?

Former User
10-05-2001, 04:39 AM
Hmm...that's tough...after thinking, the answer must be no, they don't remind me of any of the celebrities.

Q. Tell us animal joke! :D

Rosey
10-06-2001, 12:27 AM
A;A cat dies and goes to Heaven. God meets him at the gate and says, 'You've been a good cat all of these years. Anything you desire is yours, all you have to do is ask.'
The cats says, 'Well, I lived all my life with a poor family on a farm and had to sleep on hardwood floors.' God says, 'Say no more.' And instantly, a fluffy pillow appears. A few days later, 6 mice are killed in a tragic accident and they go to Heaven. God meets them at the gate with the same offer that He made the cat.
The mice said, 'All our lives we've had to run. We've been chased by cats, dogs and even women with brooms. If we could only have a pair of roller skates, we wouldn't have to run anymore.' God says, 'Say no more.' And instantly, each mouse is fitted with a beautiful pair of tiny roller skates.
About a week later, God decides to check and see how the cat is doing. The cat is sound asleep on his new pillow. God gently wakes him and asks,
'How are you doing? Are you happy here?'
The cat yawns and stretches and says, 'Oh, I've never been happier in my life. And those Meals on Wheels you've been sending over are the best

Q; Say there is such a thing as reincarnation What animal would you like to come back as? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Karen
10-06-2001, 10:43 AM
A: No question about it! I would want to come back as a big dog (or cat or bird or ...) in a Pet Talk family home! :)

Q: What is the best experience you've had with a kind of pet you'd never thought you'd like?

LindysMomma
10-06-2001, 11:34 AM
A: Hard to believe, dogs. I never was a dog person, mostly cats. When my sister got a dog, I saw what a good pet they make. So I got a dog, and here I am now!

Q: If you and your family had to move to a far away country, and to take your pets, they would have to be quarintined for 6 months. Would you choose to quarintine them or give them to a new loving home?

crow_noir
10-07-2001, 02:35 PM
grrrr.!!!! beleive it or not i had a whole responce typed out and i was a sentance from being done, and i went to hit the shift key and hit something(s) else and *poof* the whole thing gone. the whole window even! just *poof* gone! so, here i go again. i'll try to re-create my original response.

A: If i had a pet that was younger in years and wasn't so attached to me, i defintly would go w/ the quarintine (if i absoultly had to move.)
However, King is getting up there in years and can't stand to be away from me. now that he knows what love is. i estimate he'd only live for about a month before he would actually die from sadness. so, i absoultly would choose neither. he has put his life on the line for me, i'll do the same. i just would refuse to go.

Q: Fuzzywuzzy was a bear, Fuzzywuzzy had no hair, Fuzzywuzzy wasn't fuzzy was he? :D :p

(Weird, weird moods!)

Dog lover5678
10-08-2001, 07:40 PM
A: NOPE I GUESS FUZZYWUZZY WOSENT FUZZY!!!!LOL

Q :DO U LIKE THIS GAME IDO !

sammi
10-08-2001, 07:50 PM
A. Yup I like this game! Its fun to read the q & A.
Q. wuz fuzzywazzy fuzzy wen he was a little bear? :D

[ October 08, 2001: Message edited by: sammi ]

Karen
10-08-2001, 08:55 PM
A:
Fuzzywuzzy wuz all fuzzy when he was a wittle bear
When Fuzzywuzzy grew up fuzzy, it all felt out, and the fuzz - 'e wuzn't there!

Q: Does your pet play with the falling leaves? How does he or she react to them?

TheAntiPam
10-08-2001, 09:03 PM
Fuzzy was nekkid bear when he was oh so little.
Fur was missing everywhere especially in the middle.
And when ol' Fuzzy grew great big his nudity did too.
Now he hides out in the woods, away from me and you.

He has a girlfriend bear named Muzz, she loves ol' Fuzzy so,
She went and got her fur shaved off, her love for Fuzz to show.
So if you go into the woods, and see two big bears bare,
Say hi! to Muzz and Fuzzywuz and get on outta there!

( I couldn't resist answering - Karen's poetry is contagious! :) :) :) )

[ October 08, 2001: Message edited by: TheAntiPam ]

zippy-kat
10-08-2001, 09:21 PM
Karen and AntiPam,
Oh what a pair!
Both beloved members
Writing about bare bears.

AntiPam's new
to the poetry scene--
(or at least your work,
I've never seen)!

Karen's a treasure!
How could she be missed?!
For if she didn't write,
We'd all be pis--err...mad. :D

Great job you guys!
AntiPam look forward to hearing more poetry from you!!!!

I'll let someone else answer the question--I live in the land of dirt and roadrunners! lol

Rottie
10-09-2001, 02:26 PM
Q: Does your pet play with the falling leaves? How does he or she react to them?

A: Carl doesn't play with them, but he does get startled and chases them sometimes when they go flying by.

New question: What is your pet's favorite thing to do?

Dixieland Dancer
10-09-2001, 03:07 PM
Both of them love to be with me no matter what I am up too! Dixie likes to have me play frisbee with her and Dusty likes to steal it from mama and then hide from her behind me! HEHEHE

Q: Do you resemble your pet or know of someone who does?

thelmalu99
10-10-2001, 04:04 PM
A: I should bee so lucky...I think cats are the most gorgeous creatures!
My cats are both redheads and I am a brunette (well, sometimes auburn out of a box). Elvis has beautiful green eyes and Danny's are a gorgeous orangey-gold color that matches his fur perfectly. My eyes are brown. sigh.

Q: When your friends and family call, do they always ask how your pets are doing? When they visit you, do they always "hang out" and "have a chat" with your pets? Mine do. :D

Daisy's Mom
10-10-2001, 04:35 PM
A. Daisy definitely looks like my grandfather. Droopy, wrinkly, and flappy, with huge jowls and a frowning face. Only Daisy is SO much nicer than he is! ;)

Q. If your pet could sleep anywhere it wanted, where would it go?

Daisy sleeps in my bed with me every ngiht and she loves it, but every now and then during the day I catch her sneaking a nap on the forbidden bed - Mom and Dad's! ;)

aly
10-10-2001, 05:05 PM
A: All my babies sleep where they want to already: all over me in my bed! I always have sore muscles from not being able to move when I sleep because they crowd me out, hehe.

Q: If you were going to start a new breed of dog (or cat), which 3 breeds of dogs (or cats) would you mix together?

LindysMomma
10-10-2001, 07:06 PM
Labradors, Boston Terrier, and Austrilian Cattle dog.

My! That would be one ugly dog!!!!!! :o But very lovable. :D

Q: If your pet could change one thing about you, what do you think they will change?

[ October 10, 2001: Message edited by: LindysMomma ]

Former User
10-11-2001, 02:32 AM
I think our cats would stop us from saying "no" all the time for them :D

Q: Do you like Garfield?

gini
10-11-2001, 10:02 AM
A: Garfield - he is so fat, lazy and arrogant. Sometimes he looks like a meatloaf just sitting there. Of course, we love him!!!

Q: If you could ask your cat anything what would you want to know?

Former User
10-11-2001, 10:07 AM
From Casper I'd love to ask why on earth he keeps jumping against the wall without any reasons?

And from Kitty, what's the fun in playing with her dry food before eating it?

Q: how long is this game going to go on? :D
Not that we mind, it's fun!!!

gini
10-11-2001, 10:25 AM
Just for fun........

I just have to answer for Casper. "I jump against the wall BECAUSE I CAN. Can you?"

And Kitty wants you to know that making sure her crunchies are dead is why she does that.

Q: Is there anything that your cat is really afraid of?

Dixieland Dancer
10-11-2001, 10:33 AM
The answer to Lindysmom's Q what would my pets like to change about me. The fact that I leave them everyday and they don't know it's to work. :eek: I absolutely hate leaving them behind and wish they could be with me 7/24!

How long is this game going to continue? My guess is until we reach page 8. That's where the Cinder and Smoke story got closed but continued in a different post. Maybe it will never end!!!!

Sorry we were posting at the same time! My cat is afraid of my Brother. Everytime he comes over he hides and I can't even find him. He has never done anything to him but Marty doesn't like him. He loves everyone else and always greets people at the door!

Q: If your pet could talk, what would they say to you?

[ October 11, 2001: Message edited by: Dixieland Dancer ]

Former User
10-11-2001, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by gini:
<STRONG>Just for fun........

I just have to answer for Casper. "I jump against the wall BECAUSE I CAN. Can you?"

And Kitty wants you to know that making sure her crunchies are dead is why she does that.

Q: Is there anything that your cat is really afraid of?</STRONG>

Hmm...that's interesting Gini
:D

Dixieland Dancer
10-11-2001, 12:58 PM
OH NO :eek: I think I may be in trouble here. I usually don't get my pets anything for Christmas! I know I can hear it now that I'm a BAD MOMMY :eek: But they get Christmas all year long! Everytime I walk in the pet store it's an automatic they get something. They have more toys than my son does. :rolleyes:

Gram and Grandpa spoil them rotten though! Last year Dixie got Marshmallows in a box and a scooper. The box read: Here's the Scoop.... all you get for Christmas is some snowman poop! You see they live next door to us and she usually goes over to their yard to do her business. :D Snowman poop automatically melts away. LOL (Of course I have to clean it up no matter where she goes).

The best part of this story is she carried that scoop around for over an hour and 1/2 and wouldn't let anyone else touch it! She knew it was hers! :D :D

Q: Do you dress your pets and take them out for Trick or Treating?

aly
10-11-2001, 01:55 PM
I usually dress my pets up but don't take them out Trick or Treating. We wait at the door for the kids to come, then we show off the doggie costumes. Generally, after 20 minutes I have to take the costume off and just put on a bandana though :)

This weekend I am taking a shelter dog in a costume to the Animal Planet Expo. We're going to parade around for awhile and then I'm going to work the booth that our shelter has there. I'm so excited!

Q: How long is your pet able to keep on his or her Halloween costume? :D

LindysMomma
10-11-2001, 05:09 PM
Buddy in his clown costume...... 10minutes!
First came he hat, then the suit.
:D

Q: did any of you get the fuzzywuzzy song stuck in your head from earlier posts? :)

Rottie
10-11-2001, 06:51 PM
A: No, but I was afraid I would!

Q: What dog-related chore do you dislike the most? Or do you like to do all of them?

KayAnn
10-11-2001, 07:21 PM
Well of course picking up the presents in the bacl yard... now if that wasnt something i had to do, then there wouldnt be anything i hated! cause i love doing stuff with my simsim or things relating to dogs!
Question: if you dog had to have a theme song what would it be?

Simba has one, its bad to the bone by George Thorogood! Bad To the bone.. da dun da dun.. dun dun dun dun

NoahsMommy
10-12-2001, 04:00 PM
A: We don't have a dog (yet). But, our kitten's theme song would have to be "Follow Me" by Uncle Craker. Everytime it comes on, I sing it to him...I'm sure he enjoys it throughly!! :) As for our rabbit, it would have to be that "I'm just a love machine" song (Denny's commercial with the rooster). She is true to her nature in that category! :rolleyes:

Q: Do you think that our pets go to heaven too?

Daisy's Mom
10-12-2001, 06:36 PM
A. It simply would nt be heaven without them!!!

Q. If you could come back in another life as an animal, which would you choose?

4 feline house
10-13-2001, 07:19 PM
Farruska, sad to have to tell you, but the gas masks will offer little to no protection for the humans, too. Take a page from the Israelis, who have lived with this for decades. I read a few days ago and excerpt from an Israeli newspaper about keeping a "safe room" - apparently pets are as important to our Israeli friends as they are to us, because the list of items to stock included....pet food!

Logan
10-13-2001, 09:19 PM
Let's start a new question!!! :D

If you had been away from all of your pets for a time, who would you greet first, and what would you do???

My answer: Just fall on the ground and let them smother me!! I did it today!! LOL!!! They sniffed me from end to end, even the kitties!! :)

crow_noir
10-15-2001, 10:20 PM
A: well, seeings as i only have a dog and a fishat this time, i'd of course let King greet me first and cover me in wags and kisses and pounces (w/ permission of course). now say, hypothetically that i had more run of the house fuzzies, whoever got to me first.

Q: if there was a type of pet you normally wouldn't get, but all of a sudden, you are thee only person this animal put it's faith in, would you feel obligated to take it home? and, would you actually take it home? (*sigh* why me?!?!)

NoahsMommy
10-15-2001, 10:44 PM
A: I totally would...jsut as long as it wasn't a yucky pet (sorry) like a snake, lizard, or bug type pet.

Q: What would you do if your pet could talk to you...I mean actually talk in the language you speak....what do you think he/she/they would say to you? :D

Dog lover5678
10-16-2001, 07:09 AM
I Think my hampster would say ummm........ HI and IM HUNGRY!!!lol

Q: What are you gonna dress your pet up as for hallowen???

purrley
10-16-2001, 11:23 AM
Ans: My cats love a spoonful of baby food.
The beef is their very favorite.

Q:
I know this has been asked before, but I liked the question so much I'd like to ask it again - If you could bring any past pet back from the Rainbow Bridge to see again, which one would it be?

10-16-2001, 11:48 AM
A: - The only animal I have ever had to wrap in a "blanky" is my mom's 90 pound male doberman. The biggest and sweetest baby to ever walk on all 4's :D! My dogs would die if they were wrapped up - since the temps are in the 100's in the summer time - the winters get chilly but I'm sure they love it!!

Okay, I haven't been able to read every single question - this topic as has just grown soooo much! So, forgive me if this is a repeat...

Q. - If money was no object and you had your own private jet, where would be your best idea of a place to vacation with your pet?

** I think I would fly hubby, me and the 3 girls to Ireland - The green rolling hills, the openness and the cooler weather would just be completely soaked up my girls - lots of room to run and play and even water for them to play in. Plus I could see a bit of my heritage.**

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: doggiemom ]

Dixieland Dancer
10-16-2001, 01:55 PM
Dixie can get a good 2 to 3 feet off the ground with all four paws off the ground. This is jumping straight up! :eek: She is a very athletic Golden girl. Doing the broad jump she can go about 5 or 6 feet! Since Dusty is just a pup still I don't encourage him to jump. His bones are still growing and I don't want to take a chance of him getting hurt. He is still a little awkward in his puppyhood! :D

Q: Do you sometimes turn down invitations to go somewhere if your pets can't go?

I hate going places without my dogs and have been known to stay home if they can't go. I'd rather spend time with my pups than with some humans I can think of. :rolleyes:

thelmalu99
10-16-2001, 03:07 PM
A: I have cats, so I really can't take them places with me, but I have been known to turn down and invitation because I really just wanted to stay home with them. When I go out, they are always on my mind and I miss them so much. I really do wish that I could take them places with me.

Q: Are most of your friends animal lovers, or do they look at you like you're crazy when you talk about your pets?

aly
10-16-2001, 03:09 PM
A: I hardly go anywhere if my pets can't go. If I am going to be going somewhere for the evening and they can't come along, I'll drop them off at my sister's and she babysits :) I HATE them to be alone in the late evening hours. I've been known to make more than one guy I've dated mad because we always have to go places where my pups can come along, hehe.

Q: Which show on animal planet would YOU like to host?

aly
10-16-2001, 03:13 PM
Opppps, I posted mine two minutes late :o So I'll answer your question thelmalu and then ask the same one I just did...

A: My friends from school look at me like I'm crazy. I don't care though, I continue talking and let them look at me like that because they are the ones missing out! They aren't really my close friends though. All my close friends are staff or volunteers at the shelter. They are great people and just as crazy as I am about animals! :)

Q: Which show on animal planet would YOU like to host?

NoahsMommy
10-19-2001, 11:31 PM
A: I haven't watched the animal channel is quite awhile....hmmm. I used to like that Vet Rescue show, but it was sad seeing the animals hurt. I guess any show that I wouldn't have to touch any yucky animals would be cool. :)

Q: How often do you buy toys for your pet?

crow_noir
10-22-2001, 12:19 AM
A: toys??? i've only bought King a new toy once. so i'm geussing once every year or year and a half. (i did buy a ball for me, and i was planning on sharing, but he doesn't like this one, other wish that would have counted.)

Q: has your pet(s) ever changed colors?

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-22-2001, 12:59 PM
A. When Drake was a little pup, his fur was a light greyish blonde. As he has grown up, his fur has turned black. If you got a hair it would be half greyish blonde, half black. If that makes sense.

Q. Does your pet act like a person? How?

SimbaTWonderDog
10-22-2001, 06:46 PM
Simba is person 100% Not only does he lay on our bed but he has to have a pillow to rest his head...he prefers the chairs rather then the floor.

What trick can your pet do that is ur favorite?

Mine is Roll Over and also whe he says i love you! :D ;) :) :p

Dixieland Dancer
10-23-2001, 08:41 AM
My favorite trick for Dixie is "Give me a kiss". She loves me terribly but has a hard time with the kissing part. She has to be "IN THE MOOD". So when I tell her give kiss and she does, I know it was out of pure Love! :p

I love it when Dusty gives paw. He gets so into it that he lifts his paws really high and keeps giving them to you until you just have to end up laughing out loud.

Question: When you have to leave your dog for extended periods (more than a day or two) where do you board them?

I had taking them to a kennel so I usually try to find someone in the family to watch them. If nobody is available then I take them to my groomers who boards them for me.

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-23-2001, 09:43 AM
A. I have to have a friend or family member take care of him. Drake doesn't like cages or kennels and gets really aggressive if you force him into one. He will only stay at someone else's house if at least one of us is with him. Unless it is Andrew's parent's house. He loves it there!

Q. How often do you brush your pet's hair? teeth?

Drake gets his hair and teeth brushed everyday.

NoahsMommy
10-23-2001, 05:58 PM
A: We seem to only be able to comb Noah (kitten) when he is sleepy, so usually at night I'll brush him. Faith (bunny) gets brushed about twice a week, she sheds more often. I would be afraid to brush their teeth! We'll leave that to the carrots and cat food! :)

Q: How did you come up with your pet's names?

SimbaTWonderDog
10-23-2001, 06:12 PM
Well as a little girl (and now) I loved and still do Love The Lion King, so i named him Simba!

If your pet was a flavor what flavor would it be? (i know its a wierd question!) Simba would be sweet caramel, something everyone loves, golden brown, and with a sweet touch!

Former User
10-24-2001, 02:17 AM
Casper and Kitty would be something spicy :D

Q: How many times per day you visit Pet Talk?

(we visit probably too many times... ;) )

Dixieland Dancer
10-24-2001, 08:09 AM
I have Dog of the Day as my home page for both my work and home PC. It is addicting and I find myself visiting every free moment I have (and occassionally moments that I should be working) :eek:

Question: Does your dog have the personality of a particular person?

Dixie reminds me of Princess Diana. Royalty at it's best!

Dusty reminds me of a circus clown. LOL :rolleyes:

10-24-2001, 12:47 PM
WOW! How weird! I just started a topic on dog's personalities compared to their owners and then came here and saw this question and I even get to answer it :D! Coinky-dink? I think NOT! Aaaaaaannyway,

A: Lexi's personality is identical to mine. Sasha's is a lot like daddy's and Maddie is just the red-headed step child - her personality would have to be compared to Adam Sandler's character Billy Madison - which is also weird because that is in the today's DOTD story and the dog's name is Madison, Maddie for short named after Billy Madison! Anyway, Maddie is a big, loveable spaz - that is where I come up with the comparison.

Q: Do you have a scrapbook or photo albums made up just for your pets?

I don't but I think this question just gave me the idea! I should have done this ages ago!

Logan
10-24-2001, 02:33 PM
LOL! I don't have a scrapbook or photoalbum, but I have my webshots album, and a photo album on my MSN communities that I am a member of. Plus, here, I just post away!!! :rolleyes: Sorry folks..just be glad I don't have a digital camera.

My Question:
:confused: Do you ever get all of your pets mixed up and call them by the wrong name?? I do it constantly....probably because I like to say "honey", even if I don't mean "Honey"!! :D

AdoreMyDogs
10-24-2001, 02:48 PM
A: I only have one with me now so I don't mix up his name with other pets' names, but I do mix up his nick names sometimes....Like I will mean to say either Gwaham or Cute Stuff and Goot comes out of my mouth when I call him...or whatever other nick name I happen to say incorrectly. Sometimes I happen to be walking by someone else, and I am a little flustered perhaps, because sometimes I totally hack his name :) The other person must be thinking, "what the heck did you name your dog "Goot" for???"

Q: Did you record your dog barking, bird squaking, or cat meowing on your answering machine?

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: AdoreMyDogs ]

purrley
10-24-2001, 03:03 PM
Ans. Not intentionally - but you can hear them meowing in the background since the ans. machine is in the kitchen and guess what else is in the kitchen - CATFOOD :D

Q:
Do your pets know the sound of your car pulling in the driveway - and are they there to greet you?

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-24-2001, 03:56 PM
A. Drake is in the house when I come home. So, when I open the door, I kneel down and he gives me a hug. When Andrew comes home, usually after I do, Drake hears his car, runs to the drive way, and waits for the door to swing open. He them gives Andrew a big hug and kisses. What a sweet boy!

Q. Can your pet sense if you are upset or sad? What does he/she do to cheer you up?

Former User
10-26-2001, 04:01 AM
"Q: does you pet like plastic bags ? what does he/she do with it?"

A: sometimes they do yes, especially they love the bag where our potatoes are :rolleyes: Most of the time they try to get inside the bag, but we take it always away, it can be dangerous.

Q: Does your pet react to other pet noices coming from tv/radio?

delidog
10-26-2001, 04:41 AM
A: yes delilah loves animal planet...when dogs are barking...sometimes she barks...or just cocks her head to listen further Q:does your dog retrive the tennis ball or do they go get it and then run and let you chase them making a game of chase not fetch????

Dixieland Dancer
10-26-2001, 02:40 PM
Human Food! Oh my gosh!!!!! Who would do that?????? ME ME ME ME They get chicken, beef, liver, turkey, rice, potatoes, etc.... They don't get the scrapes either! It's the same as we get. I do make them wait until we are done though! No Begging! :D :D

Question: If you had two job offers, one for more money but you couldn't take your dogs to work with you and the other for less money but you could take your dogs with you, what would you do.

NoahsMommy
10-26-2001, 03:28 PM
A: I would have to say the job where I CAN take them with me. I am going to be a Christian Psychologist and plan to have a dog and a bird(s)in my practice to help children open up a little.

Q: Do you think your pets know when it's the weekend?

Ours do around Saturday morning when daddy leaves for tennis and comes back 2 hours later, vs. the 9 during the week...

Rottie
10-30-2001, 12:51 PM
Q: Do you think your pets know when it's the weekend?

A: No, I don't think so. But Carl can figure out when we're going somewhere if I just bring his bag (with all his stuff in it) out.

New Q: Is your yard fenced? Do you have any outside kennels or runs?

Karen
10-30-2001, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Rottie:
<STRONG>Q: Is your yard fenced? Do you have any outside kennels or runs?</STRONG>

We have a fence that people normally use to keep bunnies OUT of their garden that we sometimes put up to keep the bunny IN the yard when we want to bring her outside for a while. Sometimes she and Paul go out without a fence though, and it's fine, but she is ALWAYS supervised outside.

New question: What was your first pet encounter that you remember?

aly
10-30-2001, 11:58 PM
A: I have very distant, but very special memories of being at the zoo with my dad from a very very very young age (1 or 2). I also remember seeing my first horse on a beach when I was 3. And I hold the fondest memories of a few VERY special dogs and cats who were neighbors' pets but somehow always managed their way to my house where I'd sit outside with them for hours and hours.

Q: If you saw someone in the pet store treating their pet in a negative manner, would you look the other way or confront the person?

Dixieland Dancer
11-02-2001, 09:26 AM
Our current cat will follow you around and wrap himself around your legs and purrrrrr until he becomes a nuisance. However, our previous cat would pout and sulk for days before "FORGIVING" you for leaving her. She definitely let you know she was upset at you! :eek:

Question: If your pet needed an operation that cost $2,000.00 and you didn't have the money, would you forget the operation or try to get the money some how?

I have a friend who needs her dog to have hip surgery and it is going to cost $2400.00. She doesn't have the money. Thus the question.

aly
11-02-2001, 10:04 PM
I'd resort to begging if necessary. If I still didn't have enough after borrowing from family and friends, I'd offer to do odd jobs, post fliers explaining the situation, talk to rescue groups to see if I could get any sort of discount anywhere, see if maybe some medical students could do it free, and if all else fails.... rob the bank! Heh, just kidding about the last one :)

Q: (I can't think of a question... eeeek!) Ok.. If you were opening up a rescue, and it HAD to be breed specific, which breed of dog or cat would you rescue and why?

Dixieland Dancer
11-03-2001, 04:37 AM
It would have to be Golden Retrievers for me! :D I have gotten such love and loyalty from all the Goldens I have owned and I'm just 100% totally in love with them. I am involved already in the Greater Pittsburgh Golden Retriever Club rescue but not as deeply as I would like to be due to time constraints. I'm just into too many things right now.

Question: If you worked all day and there was a doggy day care center close to your house would you use it so your pets didn't have to stay at home alone. The general cost would be about $20.00 a day.

Former User
11-12-2001, 03:35 AM
I woulnd't use it, because we have 2 cats, they'll entertain themselves during the time we're not home. And I could swear sometimes they'e happy when we're not here :rolleyes:

Q: Have you managed to teach something for your cat? Like get him/her knowing what word 'no' means for example? Or something else?

A: actually yes, when we say 'psstt' the cats run to us, they know they're going to get a treat :) It is so sweet when they do this, they both run as fast as they can, trying to beat each other.
But also no, they don't seem to remember what word 'no' means. Like it's no good that they hang onthe curtains....
:eek:

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: Casper & Kitty ]

Rottie
11-12-2001, 10:18 AM
Well, sort of. We've taught Little Man to answer "What's 2 - 1?" He answers with a meow. He'll only do it before a meal, but it's a start.

He also knows "sit", but again he'll only do it when he's hungry. :D

Q: Do your pets put up with costumes you put on them? Or do you not even try?

crow_noir
11-12-2001, 12:14 PM
i HAVE to answer C&K's question!! i mean, i've been thinging of turning it into a post in the cat section.

YES! in less then a month i've taught Trio, no, up, and down. ...weather she chooses to listen is another story.

ok, in answer to Rottie.
no, i do not beleive in dressing up my pets. i actually see this practice as a form of animal crulity. however, i know there are some animals out there that don't mind at all. in that case i see it as ok.

Q: what animals have you known to walk on leash?

(i've heard of Dog, cat, ferret, skunk, and even an ELEPHANT. ...do reigns on a horse count as a leash?)

NoahsMommy
11-24-2001, 08:40 PM
A: Rabbits and large birds walk on leashes too! Too cute! :)

Q: Does your pet or pets have a Christmas Stocking or other holiday items that are thier own?

4 feline house
12-13-2001, 11:45 AM
Yes, and they have their own stockings and get presents, too!

Do your pets join in the festivities or hide away during the holiday season?

sumbirdy
03-26-2007, 02:57 PM
A: Tiny likes Smarties, the rest don't care for sweets

Q: What is your pets favorite "people" food?

sweetpatata6
03-26-2007, 03:50 PM
My cat's is hard to decide, he likes eggs ((scrambled)) and peanutbutter the most though.

Q: My mom hates rats and my dad hates ferrets after a wheasel killed his kitten when he was seven, so I won't be getting a ferret or rat in the near furutre. What animal will your parents/roomate/spouce not let you get for some reason.

Zippy
03-26-2007, 04:45 PM
A: any kind of snake(both parents hate snakes)and my dad doesn't want any more dogs

Q:What pet do you plan on adding to your family next?

Roxyluvsme13
03-26-2007, 05:04 PM
A:With me, you'll never know. I'd love another dog in the future, but I don't see that anytime soon. I really want a frog.

Q:What is your favorite color?

luvofallhorses
03-26-2007, 05:17 PM
A. blue and purple :)

Q. what's your favorite song?

Roxyluvsme13
03-26-2007, 05:24 PM
A: It changes alot, but at the moment it's Angels - Robbie Williams.

Q: What is your favorite movie?

luvofallhorses
03-26-2007, 05:29 PM
A. Wild Hearts Can't be broken

Q. what's for dinner tonight?

Suki Wingy
03-26-2007, 07:27 PM
cuscus (sp?) fresh veggies, mini corndogs, sasaparilla

What is your favorite time of day?

Suki Wingy
03-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Angels - Robbie Williams.

Mine is Rudebox by Robbie Williams! Found it on youtube as usual. :rolleyes:

Roxyluvsme13
03-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Mine is Rudebox by Robbie Williams! Found it on youtube as usual. :rolleyes:
I found mine on Youtube from a Sparrabeth video :D

luvofallhorses
03-26-2007, 08:44 PM
cuscus (sp?) fresh veggies, mini corndogs, sasaparilla

What is your favorite time of day?

A : mid day

Q : what's your favorite beverage?

Danegirl2208
03-26-2007, 08:46 PM
A: Sweet tea

Q: Where is somewhere you'd love to live?

((OT:Krista im loving the Petey avatar!!))

sumbirdy
03-27-2007, 08:33 AM
A: Montana

Q: Where would you like to take your next vacation?

critter crazy
03-27-2007, 08:39 AM
A. California, to meet my sister

Q. What is the Next type of pet you want to have?

sumbirdy
03-27-2007, 08:42 AM
A: I would like to have another hamster

Q: What is your favorite food?

critter crazy
03-27-2007, 08:44 AM
A. Lasagna

Q. What is your favorite Spring Activity

mike001
03-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Getting the ground ready for the lanscaping.

What are your favourite eat out places?

sumbirdy
04-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Fast Food places (Sonic especially)

What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?

Pembroke_Corgi
04-18-2007, 11:50 AM
A. Spend it outside!

Q. If money weren't an issue, how many (and what kind) of pets would you have? :D

KittyGurl
04-18-2007, 07:48 PM
A: horse, dog, hamster, bird and cats

Q: If you could chose one of your pets to live forever, what one would it be?

Roxyluvsme13
04-18-2007, 08:03 PM
I can't pick just one! :eek: But it's between Roxy and Lily.

What's your favorite dessert?

Alysser
04-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Chocolate Mousse. :p

What's your favorite cafe?