PDA

View Full Version : How would life be different *game*

catnapper
02-19-2005, 09:23 AM
Ok, here's a new game to help us PTers reconnect and learn a little more about each other.

What you do is think of something about your life, and imagine it with or without that thing. It can be silly like "How would your life be different with/without brussel sprouts?" Or serious like "How would your life be different with/without your mom?"

I say with/without because some of you have certain things like mothers, others don't. How different would your life be if you had the opposite of what you have? The first person to see the post answers the question and asks a new one for the next person.

So here goes the first one:
How different would your life be with/without your own personal computer

christa
02-19-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
So here goes the first one:
How different would your life be with/without your own personal computer

I work at home, from my computer . . . so I guess I'd be in a different job, or out of a job, if I didn't have a home computer. And that would suck!

How would your life be with/without your pets?

GraciesMommy
02-19-2005, 10:21 AM
How would life be different without pets?

Well I had Mercedes for 16 years and then she went to RB so I was childless for 9 months before Gracie...so I know how different my life was then...and I prefer it now...she is a pain in the patoot sometimes..just like a kid, but I love her and wouldn't not want to have her..

I wanted to answer the other question...how would life be w/o computer..well, I wouldn't be MARRIED now! Since we met on line..6 and half years ago and have been married 5 and half now!
And I wouldn't want to be without HIM either!!

Now...
How would your life be differerent if you were the opposite sex?

MariaM
02-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Hmmm I might not have a dog right now, depends. I probably wouldn't spend so much time on the computer...probably would be more sportsy but not a whole lot more. I most likely wouldn't have tons of pictures of Orlando on my wall. I probably wouldn't spend hours reading fanfiction. I probably would be at this website either, or talking to most of the people I do. I probably would have no close friends (there are like 3 guys in my class, all dumb). I could go on.

How would your life be if you could not, for the life of you, ever seem to get an alarm clock, no matter where you looked?

luvofallhorses
02-19-2005, 12:01 PM
How would your life be if you could not, for the life of you, ever seem to get an alarm clock, no matter where you looked?

It wouldn't change my life;)

How would your life be if you had no tv?

Kfamr
02-19-2005, 12:44 PM
It'd be okay. I don't normally watch much TV. I'd just have to find something different to do on the rare occasion I do watch TV.

How would life different with/without a vehicle of your own?

Cookiebaker
02-19-2005, 01:16 PM
My life would be impossible without a vehicle. There is hardly any public transportation here, and there are no businesses/jobs to get a job anywhere near my house.

How would your life be different with/without your favorite hobby?

LabradorLover
02-19-2005, 02:02 PM
It would be horrible- My main hobby is music and playing the flute. I dont think my life could ever be the same without it.

How would your life be different with/without school

Laura's Babies
02-19-2005, 02:24 PM
without school? That is the perfect one for me since I worked at a school for 21 years.. I would have had to work a job I wouldn't have enjoyed and not had my summers off...

How would you life be different if your best friend and you had a falling out?

catnapper
02-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Life wouldn't be much fun. I lost my best friend right after I got married, so I know how it feels. Whenever something happened, I couldn't wait to tell her... and she wasn't there.

How would your life be different with/without the Atkins diet?

DJFyrewolf36
02-19-2005, 03:30 PM
If I decided to go on the Atkins diet I'd probibly be eating LESS meat than I do now lol. I'm a carnivore through and through. I'd probibly be very iritiable too because Im one of those "See Food" dieters :D I don't like people telling me what I can and can't eat. Its one of my little annoying quirks :p

How would your life be different with/without siblings?

animal_rescue
02-19-2005, 04:34 PM
My life would be different without siblings: I would have my own room, my parents would have more money, and we wouldn't be living where we are today. Also I would probably be have more freedom, be able to be in a lot more activities, and have more friends.

How would your life be different if you were famous?

CountryWolf07
02-19-2005, 04:36 PM
I would be living in a nice big expensive house .. but I don't think it would be easy, because once you become famous, you lose all the privacy.. you have to work hard to keep it quiet..

How would life be different, if you became deaf?

LabradorLover
02-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Wow- I would definitly view life in a different perspective. I think it would be so hard, and I would miss out on all of the wonderful sounds, like robins chirpings, and rain pouring down on your roof but I guess I would have to live with it. I would envy the people that are fortunate enough to still have their hearing however I would live life to the fullest.

How would if be different if you were blind.

luvofallhorses
02-19-2005, 04:50 PM
I would hate it, I have very good hearing and it would bug me.

How would your life be different if you were a horse trainer?

Suki Wingy
02-19-2005, 09:23 PM
I would be giving the lessons instead of receiving!LOL and I would probably have Player back, too:( **sigh**

How would life be if you lived out of the back of your truck?

luvofallhorses
02-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Umm, that is a hard question but I will answer it as best as I can :)! It would be way different, I would feel grungy so it would put a big impact on my life.

How would your life be different if there were no animals in the world?

Suki Wingy
02-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Totaly ruined. Can you say *depression*?

How would life be if glasses/confacts weren't ever invented?

Soapets
02-19-2005, 09:55 PM
I would be legally blind, because I'm very, very nearsighted, with some astigmatism. I would also probably not be working where I am working currently, because I work for a couple of Ophthalmologists (eye doctors). I can't imagine life without my glasses. If I forget where I put them when I go to bed, my husband or son has to find them for me because I can't see well enough to find them.

How different would your life be without airplanes?

Oggyflute
02-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Well I wouldn't have flown around the world. I spent the first 6 years of my working life in the Air Force, so planes were kind of integral to that. I probably would have stayed in school though. I think I still would have left home at 17 but.

How would your life be without your partner?

carole
02-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Well I would not have my Daughter for one lol, it would not be fulfilled and I think I would be very lonely and unhappy.

What would your life be without Chocolate?

LabradorLover
02-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Perfect, I might actually lose some weight :o

How would your life be different if you lost a loved one.

sirrahbed
02-20-2005, 10:13 AM
How would your life be different if you lost a loved one.

This has happened several times recently as my hubby lost both parents and I lost my mom. It is a time of lots of thinking about what life means and how fast it passes.

How would your life be different if you could not talk/speak?

luvofallhorses
02-20-2005, 03:08 PM
It would change drastically because I am a chatterbox:o '

How would your life be different without soda?

popcornbird
02-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by luvofallhorses

How would your life be different without soda?

It would be exactly the same for me because I don't drink or like most sodas anyway!

How would life be different without your PT friends?

cookieluver7
02-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Well, I never met LOTS of friends here sadly. But I do know lots of people and I have a few that I know pretty well. I'd have to say not much fun. Never recieving any pm's, or hearing what's going on with everyone else's lives, well, that'd be VERY boring.

How would life be different without summer?

Karen
02-20-2005, 05:10 PM
Gosh, life would be much different without summer - I could skip most of the pollen seasons that cause me misery! But Paul and Miss Hoppy would be very, very sad, they like the warm weather, Hoppy likes being out on the green grass, nibbling here and there ... Also, all the birthday in our family, and our wedding anniversary, fall in the summer, so it would be weird not being very warm for those ocassions!

How would your life be different if you were illiterate?

RobiLee
02-20-2005, 05:30 PM
I think it would be awful. I would miss out on so many things. I love to read books and that would be a huge thing to miss out on.

I actually know a person who can not read and he can't drive out of town because he can not read the street signs and has no idea where he is going. This man is my age and it saddens me that he has no education.

How would your life be different without music?

LabradorLover
02-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Horrible, I love music, I playing the flute and I love listening to music. I can relate to songs and it lets out my emotions. I think our world would be dull and upsetting with out music.

How would your life be different with out literature.

CamCamPup33
02-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
How would your life be different without music?

It would be REALLY boring. When im bored i turn up my music really loud, dance and act crazy. It's the music that does it. ;)

How would your life be different if there was no such thing as fast food?

EDIT; Whoops, posted at the same time..

How would your life be different with out literature.

I think i could live without it..

slleipnir
02-20-2005, 06:11 PM
No fast food? I'd be freakishly skinny ;) Ok so I don't eat it that much, but I'd still be smaller...life would be good...-sigh-

How would your life be different without, hm PT? (i'll check to see if this was used before..didn't read them all)

Amber
02-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
How would your life be different without, hm PT?

my life would be very different. I probably wouldnt have pictures of my dogs, because before I never took pictures, and I wouldnt have memories of them. my life would also be different because I wouldnt know other animal people, and about their lifes.

How would your life be different without love?

RobiLee
02-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Awww, Love. Unconditional love! My life would be so empty. So lonely!

What would your life be like without the daily news?

Karen
02-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Well, many days, I hear about news first on Pet Talk, so I guess life wouldn't be much different. I don;t usually listen to the new on radio or TV. I guess my world would be a little smaller, not knowing about what is happening in the world out there ...

How would your life be different if you developed allergies to your pets?

Amber
02-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Karen
How would your life be different if you developed allergies to your pets?

I would be hurt and confused. I would force myself to live with it.

How would life be diffrent without poetry?

DJFyrewolf36
02-20-2005, 10:08 PM
I'd loose the main outlet I have for expressing my emotions and thoughts. A lot of my philosophic writings started out as poetry. I also use my own poetry to try and understand why cirtian things affect me the way they do.

I enjoy reading poetry too. I would be very sad without it.

How would your life be different if you were born in a time with limited medical technology?

I'll kind of answer that one to explain it better...

When I was born, I was very sick. Had I been born in a time without such medical advances like infant ICUs and stuff I probibly wouldn't have lived past my first day! My mom probibly wouldn't be alive either. The thought is quite scary!!

cookieluver7
02-21-2005, 09:19 AM
Well, I was never EXTREMELY sick, like I was in the hospital. But I'm sure there could still be a time when I am. I'm sure this answer goes for many people, I wouldn't be here if something serious would happen. So, I'd say MUCH different. As in, I wouldn't be living!

How would life be different without any money?

luvofallhorses
02-21-2005, 10:16 AM
That's a good question.. How would it be different? Well, if there was no money how would people work? What would they get paid with? With food, maybe? I dunno how to answer that but I tried my best. If there was no money, I wouldn't care. People wouldn't gamble to get more money. So it would be an okay thing with me. :)

How would life be different without the telephone?

Suki Wingy
02-21-2005, 03:51 PM
I would be stranded places a lot. and I wouldn't get to talk to my dad for 2 hrs. on Sundays! I would probably use video confrencing.
How would life be different if you had no cameras?

Amber
02-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
How would life be different if you had no cameras?

my memories would be non-existent...It would kill me to try to remember everything.

how would life be different without your enemies?

animal_rescue
02-21-2005, 04:37 PM
how would life be different without your enemies? [/B]

I would be a whole lot happier and feel a lot safer at school.

How would your life be different if you had an exotic pet? Like a Tiger or Elephant?

luvofallhorses
02-21-2005, 04:47 PM
I think it would be cool, but It would be dangerous so you'd have to be really cautious!

How would life be different with out instant messengers.

Lexi_Lover
02-21-2005, 05:27 PM
Totally different...Thats how I get to know most of you on PT better:D

How would life be different if you didn't live where you do now?

Amber
02-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
How would life be different if you didn't live where you do now?

hmm, nice question!

I could be alot tanner if I lived somewhere different than here..or i would have different friends, and lifestyle, different hobbies than what I do now..

how would life be different if you had no feelings?