PDA

View Full Version : YAY! So happy!!!

luckies4me
02-18-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm getting lemmings!!! I am so excited! I have been looking for a breeder for literally years who was close by, and I just found a man in WA state. Since I am going to WA next month to attend the RPNW rat show (I'm showing Dotty and Zorro) I will be picking up a few lemmings to start a breeding program of my own with unrelated pairs. I'll also be picking up a possum! :D *IF* the man makes it to the Unique Animal Expo at the end of this month I'll have them even sooner. :D

For those who don't know what lemmings are, you can see a picture here.

http://www.saskschools.ca/~gregory/arctic/lemming.html

Aspen and Misty
02-18-2005, 05:12 PM
What kind of a cage do you keep them in?

We need pictures when you get them!

Ashley

luckies4me
02-18-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
What kind of a cage do you keep them in?

We need pictures when you get them!

Ashley

Oh yes, you will see plenty of photos! :D I'll be keeping them in a giant tank.

flamepony12
02-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Ohhh, I was wondering what those are; I just read a book where owls were eating them :o (no offense, lol)

CONGRATS!!!!! :D They are sooooooo cute!!

luckies4me
02-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
Ohhh, I was wondering what those are; I just read a book where owls were eating them :o (no offense, lol)

CONGRATS!!!!! :D They are sooooooo cute!!

Thanks! I've always been into the exotic type of rodents. I just can't wait to have them home. I'll be working on their genetics, and studying new mutations. :)

Suki Wingy
02-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Ohhh! You are so lucky! waiting for pics. I like opposoms too! Need pictures if you get one!:D

luckies4me
02-19-2005, 12:45 AM
This is what the breeder wrote to me this morning...

"right now we have white ears, we will have virginia,four eyes and short tails pretty soon...
Olivier"

Virginia possums are illegal here, so I was thinking about a four eyed possum or a white eared possum. Short tailed possums are plentiful here, and I'd like to go with a rarer species. I've had my eyes set on a Four eyed possum for some time now, so that's probably what I'll settle on. :)

You can find info on possums as pets here if anyone is interested.

http://forums.exotichobbyist.com/forum.php?catid=41

Now the day OR takes Brushtailed possums off their prohibitied list that will be the best day of my life! :D Their my dream possum.

Aspen and Misty
02-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Wow! A opposom? What will it live in? I never knew you could keep them as pets!

I can't wait to see pics of your lemmings!!!

Ashley

luckies4me
02-19-2005, 11:59 PM
Well I was doing some research on the white ears and they look just like Virginia possums, except their not from the US. :p Since I've been researching the four eyes for a long time, and they are a lot smaller I think that's what I'll settle on. I don't know, I might just get both. I need to check the Oregon F&W list first though to see if the white eared possums are legal here.

If I do settle on a larger possum it would have a larger cat type cage, with shelves, a hidey box, room to climb etc. preferably at least 6 feet tall. :) My old Virginia's used to free roam my house, so if I can litter train this one it will most likely free roam during the day and sleep in it's den at night.