PDA

View Full Version : Are they playing.

reddice
02-18-2005, 04:01 PM
We have 2 loving cats named Socks and Tiger. They both like hanging out and sleeping on my bed. Tiger will sometimes be sleeping on my bed and then Socks will come and try to bite his leg. Tiger meows funny and then they wresle and play. I think so. Is this normal. They are playing. Also why does Socks like to go on top of me and sleep on my legs when I am on the computer or watching tv.

aly
02-18-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm pretty sure they're just playing. You'd know if they were fighting for real! Most cats do love good play wrestling sessions so I wouldn't worry about it.

Socks likes to lay on you because he loves you and you're warm! :)

reddice
02-18-2005, 04:16 PM
I know they are playing because after you see them cleaning each other and sleeping together.

aly
02-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh okay, well to answer your question, yes it is very normal!

Do you have any pictures of your kitties?

Laura's Babies
02-18-2005, 05:08 PM
There is always a kitty in my lap when I am on the computer... They take turns.. I LOVE IT TOO!

Kitties play fight, it is just something they all do for fun... Didn't or don't you have a brother or sister that you wrestle with?

catnapper
02-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Completely normal! My boys love to wrestle - all in good fun then they relax and snuggle together. My little Abby loves to crawl onto my lap when I'm working on the computer. I love the together time and to listen to her wonderful purr. Many people would give their right arm for a kitty to curl up on their lap - out of 4 cats, only Abby curls up on my lap!

catmandu
02-19-2005, 09:03 AM
That is tough,to tell play,from fighting,as they do,many,of the same things,in both activities,growling,hissing,etc.If no one,is hurt,then its guy Cats,letting off Steam.

CalliesMom
02-19-2005, 01:12 PM
Definetely sounds like they are playing...Shadow and Whisper do not play fight as Shadow acts like someone is killing her if Whisper gets too close. :rolleyes: