PDA

View Full Version : What kind of cat?

SammyCat
02-18-2005, 11:46 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/Sammycat1990/cat.jpg

I always wondered what kind of cat this was? It has very very tiny ears. Does it ever grow? It's really cute too.

Does anyone also know of any cats that say small like a kitten for life? I know of dogs that are minature.

:)

kimlovescats
02-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Looks like a Scottish Fold (the ears stay folded down). Funny you should ask, because one of our members Sirrahbed is in the process of trying to adopt one of these precious kitties!

Here is her thread http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71516

;)

QueenScoopalot
02-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Sure looks like a Scottish Fold to me. ;)

moosmom
02-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Yup, it sure is a Scottish Fold!!

lady_zana
02-18-2005, 01:04 PM
I don't think you can get a 'toy' cat like you can get a toy poodle and some other dogs. The Munkin cat, though, has shorter legs than most cats and I've heard they don't get very big.

My mum has a cat that is three or four years old, very healthy but still the size of a half-grown kitten. Pitty is just a regular kitty but the vet says she's probably not going to get much bigger. She's healthy though and that's what counts!

catnapper
02-18-2005, 01:38 PM
I think with kittens, its the luck of the draw, and how well nourished they were early on. My little Abby will forever be little, but her littermate Harry is HUGE. She's almost half his size and always will be a kitten sized cat.

slick
02-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk SammyCat. I see you are in Vancouver. I'm in New Westminster. :)

catmandu
02-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Welcome,to Pet Talk,from a Fellow Canuck,and that is A Scottish Fold,EH! Just kidding,with the Eh,but you dom have a great Cat,there as I hear,that they are quite friendly,and loving Companion Cats!My Little Cats,are Diane,Precious,and Rocca,who are about 8 Pounds,and JJJ3,and Moose,who are about 20 Pounds! Big,Or Small,I love them all.