PDA

View Full Version : For a pick-up truck

wolfsoul
02-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Thought this was pretty cool.
http://www.stockdog.bc.ca/images/trailer_sm.jpg

More people should have these. I'm tired of seeing dogs flung from pickups or hanging on for dear life.

Glacier
02-17-2005, 06:57 PM
That's a mighty fancy version of a musher's dog box!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/quest/shawn_truck.jpg
That's my friend, Shawn's, truck. He uses a flatbed and keeps the dog box on all year. I have a similar set up, but it fits on top of my pick-up box! It's a very safe way to transport dogs. I know guys who have had accidents with their dog team loaded in the boxes. The trucks have been damaged, the humans injured even, but the dogs have all been safe--scared and bruised, but safe!

wolfsoul
02-17-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
That's a mighty fancy version of a musher's dog box!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/quest/shawn_truck.jpg
That's my friend, Shawn's, truck. He uses a flatbed and keeps the dog box on all year. I have a similar set up, but it fits on top of my pick-up box! It's a very safe way to transport dogs. I know guys who have had accidents with their dog team loaded in the boxes. The trucks have been damaged, the humans injured even, but the dogs have all been safe--scared and bruised, but safe!

When I first saw the picture, I thought "Wow, look at those husky pictures on the side. Very realistic." LOL. :p

Vette
02-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Wow that is pretty cool! and you can put other stuff in there when you dont have the pooch with you. :D

micki76
02-17-2005, 07:14 PM
I've seen something similar here. I live in a small town and we have a lot of hunters in the area. I also see a lot of truck beds filled with crates in the fall. :) Of course, for every truck I see like that, I see twenty irresponsible people with dogs hanging out of the bed, going 75 MPH on the highway. :(

cloverfdx
02-17-2005, 07:46 PM
That is a great idea. But i too still see lots of dogs not tied in and hanging on for dear life :(.

senorita02
02-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Glacier that is too cute, i also thought those were pictures on the side until i got a closer look and realized they were real husky faces!

cyber-sibes
02-17-2005, 10:09 PM
LOL! It looks like a carnival for dogs or something- that's pretty cool - around here hunters' dogs are transported in boxes with bars, can't stick their heads out.

Cincy'sMom
02-17-2005, 10:11 PM
I just traded my truck in for a quad cab...indoor back seat for the pups!!

mruffruff
02-18-2005, 08:51 AM
I used to put 2 large crates in the back of the pick up to take the dogs to the dog park. Now they have a special platform in the back seat.

Oh, to have a four-door!

What a great way to transport huskies.

Mary

EssTer
02-18-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
When I first saw the picture, I thought "Wow, look at those husky pictures on the side. Very realistic." LOL. :p

LOL...That´s EXACTLY what I thought when I saw that pic :D

dawg2000
02-19-2005, 09:52 AM
hi:)

Desert Arabian
02-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Those dog boxes are in the back of almost every pick up truck here in Wisconsin. A lot of duck hunters use them for their pooches. I don't see too many dogs loose in the back of pickup trucks here- the ones I do see- they have a cap on the back, which is a little better.