PDA

View Full Version : Will someone help me make a signature?

Jayna78
02-17-2005, 06:20 PM
If anyone could help me make a signature incorporating all 4 of my cute cats, I'd really appreciate your help! Whether it's guiding me to whatever Web sites/programs work to make signatures or doing it for me, I'd really appreciate it. I have bunches of pictures to choose from.

Thanks in advance for any help any of you can offer. :)

catmandu
02-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Jen Luckebach,helped me amke my sinature,and sirrabed,is quie handy,too!

Laura's Babies
02-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Jasc paint shop pro has a 30 day free trial I think. Itried it and liked it but still have not learned how to make siggies with it yet.. Maybe you can figure it out..

http://www.jasc.com/products/paintshoppro/

sirrahbed
02-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Hi Jayna,
My best suggestion would be to post this same request in General. There are some really good siggy makers there - many are young people and very talented:D

sirrahbed
02-18-2005, 09:17 AM
I made one and you are welcome to use it if you want - I am pretty new at this. You just need to save it to your images. If you get others made - you can always roate the, too I have lots of siggys for all the seasons because I like them:)
Debbie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/siggys/jaynasiggy.jpg

Jayna78
02-18-2005, 01:42 PM
I posted my thank you in General too, but I wanted to say it again. That's so cute! :)

Jayna78
02-18-2005, 01:47 PM
sirrahbed - When I try to post the signature in my UserCP, it is telling me that it is too large and that it must be limited to 60x90 pixels or something like that. I posted it on my imagestation.com album and copied the address location into the Avatar section of my UserCP, but it said it was too big - I have some imaging programs on my home computers, but they're not that great - what do I do to get the pixels down? Do I just resize the signature you gave me to be smaller? The file size was already nice and small at 25 kb, so I didn't think that would be a problem.

Thanks again!

sirrahbed
02-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Are you sure you are not trying to upload it as an avatar? That is limited to 60x60 pixels and is the small picture or graphic that appears under your name at the left in each post. The siggys we use are all assorted pixel sizes (yours is 400x225)and the one I made you, like you said, is within the 25K limit...

The image goes in the same box where you put your quote: user CP, EDIT PROFILE and that siggy box is about half way down on the right. The edit options page is where yu do the avatar and there is alos a box there that you can mark to "allow signatures" but it looks like you already have that because of the quote :D

Jayna78
02-22-2005, 12:38 AM
Here we go - let's hope it works. Thanks again, sirrahbed!

sirrahbed
02-22-2005, 11:02 AM
YAY!!! I see you have the avatar too! If you are like me, having several siggys is fun because I rotate them. General has some realy good artists - BCBlondie, Dogz, and really too many to name but those are some who have done work for me :) BCBlondie (Diana) is also working to be a graphic artist professionally and I LOVE her siggys:D
by Kay:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/siggys/KAY.jpg
by Diana:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/siggys/5siggydiana.jpg

Jayna78
02-22-2005, 02:43 PM
The first: Do you know anything about how to make the avatar 60x60 pixels (as required by the site) but still large enough to be visible onscreen? As you can see, the one I have is alright, but it's very tiny and hard to make out - the original picture wasn't that way, but by the time I got it down to the specified pixels, it was simply tiny.

The other question - if I want to switch out pictures on the signature you made me, how do I do that? Do I need to have a certain graphics program? Which one did you use to make this one for me? Where did you get the cute background?

I appreciate all your help and patience with a newbie! :)