View Full Version : This is my school...

sammy101
02-17-2005, 03:51 PM
The main campus got a bomb threat today.I go to the 9th grade campus,but its the same highschool.So i wasnt there,but it was pretty scary to hear this in 4th period today.

Kingwood School Evacuated By Bomb Threat
Students Not Released

POSTED: 1:45 pm CST February 17, 2005
UPDATED: 2:02 pm CST February 17, 2005

HUMBLE, Texas -- A Kingwood high school was evacuated Thursday afternoon after a bomb threat, officials told Local 2.

School officials said a young male voice called Kingwood High School at about 11 a.m. to say that a bomb would go off in a few hours. The school was evacuated to the football field. Students were then loaded onto buses so they would not have to stand outside.

Humble Independent School District police and Houston police are going through the school, checking for anything suspicious. So far, nothing has been found.

Any parents who would like to pick up their children are allowed to do so. Students who drove to school will be allowed to leave at 2:30 p.m.

Officials said that anyone caught calling in a bomb threat will face long-term disciplinary action and criminal charges will be pursued.

For more information on this breaking story, stay tuned to Local 2 and Click2Houston.com.

Refresh this page later for updated details.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/4208773/detail.html

aly
02-17-2005, 04:02 PM
I heard that on the news here - I'm in Austin. I had several friends who went to Kingwood High School and remember competing against them in sports (I went to Woodlands High). Scary!!

GraciesMommy
02-18-2005, 11:35 PM
Me, too..I am in Houston (outside actually) so not too far