PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly i feel REALLY upset.

CamCamPup33
02-17-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm sorry to complain, or to whine right now, but i just need to tell someone about how im feeling at the moment.. You guys don't even need to reply, i just need someone to listen...

Lately, i've not been myself. I've been sad, and i've been crying alot.. This week i have been feeling better, and actually felt happy, but now as i get thinking again, i feel sad.. I've been thinking about what exactly is making me feel so depressed, and i always said it's because it's "that time of the month" or "im just moody today." but after a week or so, i've figured out it's not any of those.. I was feeling SO happy this week, and then today i broke down again. The thing that i think is making me so upset, is my family, if it's not then i don't know what it is..

I haven't seen my cousin/aunt/uncle in SUCH a long time.. I found myself remembering how my aunt, uncle, cousin, my parents and us kids would get together on weekends and go to my grandparents house, and we'd spend the entire weekend doing nothing, but it was still such fun... About a year ago, my Aunt and my mom got into a huge fight. It's the stupidest thing really what their fighting about, i don't really even know how to explain it without laughing to myself. My grandparents basically took sides with my Aunt, and my uncle didn't talk to us because my aunt would be mad, and my dad didn't talk to my grandparents because they were going against their own son, and choosing sides. My grandparents still come over, but it's VERY different from how it used to be.. We never go over her house anymore, and barely see them... My aunt, uncle and my cousin moved to GA a couple of months ago.. We heard from them at christmas, but of course my parents being the stingy people they are, ignored the phone call.. I can't even tell you HOW many times i've had a heart-to-heart talk with my parents. I think they need to just be the bigger 'people' and apoligize for whatever it was they're arguing about. My parents tell me that constantly when i get into fights with my friends but i guess it's not the same. Yes, my dads parents did go against him, and yes my aunt and uncle are ignoring us, but IMO life is too short to be mad at family...

It's not fair at all to me or my siblings that we don't get to see our cousin, let alone our other family. Im very close with my grandma, or was, and now i feel like i can't talk to her like i used to. I just REALLY miss the old times we used to have, and it upsets me so that we can't just move on and go back to our old ways. My grandma was talking about taking me up to GA with her when she went to visit with my aunt, uncle and cousin, but when i told my mom about it she looked hurt as if i would rather be with them. That's not what it is at all, it's just i really miss them.

Im sorry to be posting this, and im not sure why i am, I don't mean to sound like i feel sorry for myself, or that im whining but i just really needed to get this out so i can be happy again.

Thanks for looking,
Amber

RobiLee
02-17-2005, 02:48 PM
{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}} FOR YOU, AMBER!!!

Families can be so difficult sometimes. They are supposed to be the ones we are closest to but sometimes it can be so hard to talk to them. Maybe you could print out what you wrote and let your mom read it. Of course don't let her know that you put this out on Pet talk for everyone to know the family problems...lol.

I am in a hurry and have to be somewhere, but I saw this and just wanted to let you know I'm here and you can pm me anytime you want to talk and I'll pm you when I get back home. I care about you and hope these blues pass soon.

Hugs....Robin

CamCamPup33
02-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
Of course don't let her know that you put this out on Pet talk for everyone to know the family problems...lol.

LOL! My mom would die if she knew i did.. But it's not like i can talk to anyone else about this.. :p

Thanks Robin.. {{Hugs}} back to you.. :)

LabradorLover
02-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Aww {{Hugs}}

That must be really hard :( I think you should tell your mom how you feel. Considering they called at Christmas I am sure your family would be very happy to hear from you again, will your mom let your call or email them?

You can pm me anytime if you ever need to talk :)

Cass

My Peanuts
02-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Hugs to you Amber. Every family has problems. My family hasn't spoken to my grandma on my dad's side in years. My dad told her my brother is gay and she started to say some pretty bad things about that. After that my dad won't talk to her anymore and he doesn't even want us to bring her up. My bro and I think it might have been a miscommunication since she is from Ukraine. She speaks English, but it's common to have translation problems. We think it’s possible that she thought my dad was trying to insult my brother.

My immediate family is a lot like the Osborne’s minus all the money :p

Anyway, I just thought I'd tell you that so you know you are not alone. All you can do is wait and see if you feel better. If not, you might want to talk to a counselor before it becomes an even bigger problem.

bluekat
02-17-2005, 07:36 PM
{{{hugs}}} So sorry to hear that..:(

The only thing I can think of is to keep trying to tell your parents how you're feeling and try to get them to understand how hard this is on you. Hopefully they would understand.

Hope things get better soon! And whenever you need to talk or anything, we're all here to listen:)

flamepony12
02-17-2005, 07:40 PM
lots of (((((HUGS)))))) to you, Amber! I don't really have a whole lot of advice for you, but you should probabably tell your parents about it and hope they understand. You can always come to us for reassurance, you know that! <3333

Feel better,
~Devon~

cookieluver7
02-17-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm sorry your upset. It's never fun when families are mad at each other. Remember that we are there for you and that you are not whining. Feel free to tell us whats going on. And if you ever need somebody to talk to you can always pm me.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

GraciesMommy
02-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Families sure can be a mess...mine included!
I just got a call from my ex daughter in law...and I really do miss her..but she and my son divorced this summer and he is already engaged to someone else..and there are 2 little girls (my grands) involved...its just so sad..
I guess it is every where...and sometimes we just all need big hugs.
I am sorry you are feeling so down and wish I knew what to say to make you feel better..
Just know you have people here that will let you get it all out...
hugs to you, sweetie