PDA

View Full Version : Wondering, upstate NY'ers?

lv4dogs
02-17-2005, 11:45 AM
I was just curious as to how many folks are from the upstate NY area?

Or how many would be interested in making it to an upstate NY meeting if one were formed?

BitsyNaceyDog
02-18-2005, 08:53 PM
I'd love to, my grandma lives in Newark (I lived there until I was 13). I don't know that I'd be able to get up there at all this year though. We have a busy year with a few out of state weddings.

lv4dogs
02-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix
I'd love to, my grandma lives in Newark (I lived there until I was 13). I don't know that I'd be able to get up there at all this year though. We have a busy year with a few out of state weddings.

Sorry it took a while for me to reply I was in Buffalo all weekend for a dog show.
Anyways I live just about 20 minutes from Newark, NY. I live on the Fairport/Macedon border, I grew up mainly in Shortsville.
If you're ever up this way let me know, maybe we can get together.

BitsyNaceyDog
02-23-2005, 09:24 AM
I will

LuvGold00
02-23-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm not tooooo far from upstate NY... Would be willing to travel though, so let me know if you set something up! :)

lv4dogs
03-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by SunKissedGoldens
I'm not tooooo far from upstate NY... Would be willing to travel though, so let me know if you set something up! :)

I would love to but by the looks of it, not many would be able to come.
I'm thinking it may be easier for me to just travel to one of the ones in Ohio or something. We'll see.
I'll try another thread late spring, maybe I'll get more responses then.

Godzilla
03-07-2005, 05:37 AM
I'm in western NY, Rochester to be presise.

jennifert9
03-07-2005, 07:43 AM
I'm actually from upstate, Syracuse, NY to be exact!! But, unfortunately, my boyfriend's job transferred him (from Rochester) to Clifton, NJ so I've been here for about 3 months. I dseperately miss home though and would love to have an excuse to visit....;) :D

lv4dogs
03-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Godzilla
I'm in western NY, Rochester to be presise.

Wow, youre right next door. I live in Fairport!
Maybe an Upstate NY gathering will happen!

Godzilla
03-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Perhaps it will, I hope so, I love meeting fellow animal lovers!

lv4dogs
03-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Godzilla
Perhaps it will, I hope so, I love meeting fellow animal lovers!

So do I, so do I!
Well if worse comes to worse we can always have a small PT gathering!

clara4457
03-07-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm in Western New York (Buffalo to be exact), but If it was toward the middle of the state, Leo and I would love to come.

lv4dogs
03-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by clara4457
I'm in Western New York (Buffalo to be exact), but If it was toward the middle of the state, Leo and I would love to come.

Nice to see some more New Yorker's speaking up lol!

If it happens it will probably be in the middle of the state because it's the middle lol. A nice meeting spot if a lot of people from all around are interested.
I don't mind driving at all though, a few hours either way so if we end up getting a lot of folks from one side or the other it may take place closer to them (majority rules lol).

This is something I am just thinking about now, no promises, but lots of hope!

:D

Godzilla
03-08-2005, 07:39 PM
I can't promise I'd come as of yet (don't have my licence yet), but I may be able to attend. I'm interested though. Definatley.

Karen
03-08-2005, 07:56 PM
My brother (Lady's Human) now lives in upstate NY. He hasn't been on Pet Talk much since the move (no cable Internet or even DSL available where he is), but if there's a gathering I'd have a double excuse to make the drive. (He's north of Binghamton.) It would all depend on when - scheduling, etc.

jennifert9
03-09-2005, 07:58 AM
Karen, that would be fabulous if you could come....!!! I would love, love, love to meet you! Where is your brother? I went to college in Oneonta which is a little west of Binghamton and of course I'm from Syracuse, which is north of Binghamton!
I think, once the weather gets better we should have a PT meeting for sure. I will work my schedule around your if it means having you at the meeting!!! :D

Lady's Human
03-26-2005, 08:18 PM
I have to edit my profile......BUT

As Karen mentioned,I'm a recent transplant to the Southern Tier of NY. I live just north of binghamton, in a town so small it's not even on the map. No Post office, no zip code, ETC....

I'm not sure how Lady would handle being at a pet talk meeting, as she sometimes gets a little over zealous with other animals, but as long as I'm in the area, sounds like a good idea.

LuvGold00
03-27-2005, 08:43 PM
I will be in Syracuse NY this Saturday & Sunday (April 2 & 3) for a dog show, if anyone is interested in attending. HUGE show, should be lots of fun! :)

jennifert9
03-28-2005, 07:19 AM
Collin and I are planning a trip home this coming weekend so I will be in Syracuse April 2 & 3rd!!! I didn't know there was a dog show going on the same weekend.
We will only be home Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning so I don't know if we will have time to attend. :( I'll know more by the end of the week though so I'll let you know. Maybe we can meet there...I want to see my nieces but they may enjoy a dog show. Their mother would kill me though because they want a dog of their own and taking them to a dog show will just give them more arguments to use against her!!;)

LuvGold00
03-28-2005, 08:01 AM
That would be great! I believe its at the NY State Fairgrounds, and I also heard there was going to be a circus there too...

LuvGold00
03-28-2005, 10:25 PM
Well, doesn't look like I'll be at the show this weekend. Plans changed and my dogs won't be attending. :(

jennifert9
03-29-2005, 06:57 AM
I'm sorry to hear that...I was looking for more information on the show so I could attend and maybe meet you there. :(
Next time....:)

lv4dogs
04-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Dog gone it, I just noticed the last few posts. I wish I would of known about the show sooner I would of loved to go.

I'll have to keep my eyes pealed for the next one.

jennifert9
04-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Lv4dogs, how far are you from Syracuse?

lv4dogs
04-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Just under an hour, I live just east of Rochester.

I'm in Auburn often as I have relatives & friends there.

edited to correct spelling

jennifert9
04-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Wow! Whe should definitely meet sometime. I am in NJ now but go home as often as I can. Next time you find a reason to go to Syracuse, let me know! And if I'm ever in Rochester,which I may be since that is where one of the office for my boyfriend's company is, I will let you know!

lv4dogs
04-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by jennifert9
Wow! Whe should definitely meet sometime. I am in NJ now but go home as often as I can. Next time you find a reason to go to Syracuse, let me know! And if I'm ever in Rochester,which I may be since that is where one of the office for my boyfriend's company is, I will let you know!

I can easily find a reason to go to Syracuse. Thats no problem! Just let me know next time you come up this way, we can meet up somewhere!

lv4dogs
01-13-2006, 01:44 PM
There has been a little talk about possible having a NY get together sometime later this year. I didn't get many responses last year & some of the people that have posted on here have left or haven't been on in a while too.

I was wondering if this were to happen would anyone be willing to attend?

sandragonfly
01-13-2006, 08:45 PM
well I wasn't in east at all when you started this... but now...me! me! :D

you others who I haven't met yet, hope you will come this time too!

since phred's in hospital lately...we don't know who would start or how soon will be another ohio gathering.. it would be about six hours of driving from upstate to findlay! maybe us, new yorkers could carpool there for one big event if nothing else works out before?

just a thought..

lv4dogs
01-14-2006, 01:49 PM
:D
well I wasn't in east at all when you started this... but now...me! me! :D

you others who I haven't met yet, hope you will come this time too!

since phred's in hospital lately...we don't know who would start or how soon will be another ohio gathering.. it would be about six hours of driving from upstate to findlay! maybe us, new yorkers could carpool there for one big event if nothing else works out before?

just a thought..

Oh I AM going to findlay meeting when it happens, you can count on that! But I figure it would be neat to have another gathering for the folks that can't travel that far? Or maybe those that can't make the Ohio one can go to the Toronto Zoo meeting!

sandragonfly
01-14-2006, 01:54 PM
oh I'm sure you will too! but like I said, carpooling for people who wouldn't want to travel all way alone - only if we can't plan something here before findlay comes!

hmm, ZOO sounds good but in this weather right now? I don't mind, but mind the others what they mind! lol. anyone like starbucks too? :D (I'm not a coffee person, only a chai frap girl!) :)

lv4dogs
01-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Oh the zoo trip will be in June most likely.

Lorietta
01-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Just wondering if anyone from Rochester, NY area? i just moved here all the way from Singapore and would like to know more pet lover people out here. :)

lv4dogs
01-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Just wondering if anyone from Rochester, NY area? i just moved here all the way from Singapore and would like to know more pet lover people out here. :)
Oh I live only about 10-15 minutes or so from Rochester (Well depending on what part of Rochester)lol

Maybe we will meet up someday!

What animals do you own?

Welcome to PT & to Rochester!