PDA

View Full Version : OOPS Excuse My Shoes

lizbud
02-17-2005, 10:45 AM
SANFORD, Fla. Feb 17, 2005 — There's no tiptoeing around the problem. Call it flatulent footwear.

Customers complained that with every step, their shoes made the sound of someone passing gas.

"They were whoopie cushions for the feet," said Bryan Thomas, an officer with shoe maker Goosebumps Products Inc.

The Orlando-area company on Wednesday sued a supplier, accusing it of delivering the wrong chemical for an insole gel, giving the shoes an unwanted sound effect.

"It very nearly put us out of business," Thomas said.

Goosebumps' largest distributor complained as well, and the company tossed at least 35,000 pairs at a cost of $200,000 to $250,000, said attorneys Robert W. Anthony and William H. Beaver II.

The suit claims Bell Chem Corp. of Longwood delivered a low-grade glycerin that was watered down in late 2002 and early 2003. That caused air bubbles to form inside the insoles, it said.

When people step down on them, the inserts produce "a flatulence-like noise," according to a report by a Goosebumps' chemist, Richard Cavestri.

Bell Chem President John Cervo said the dispute was a matter between his insurance company and Goosebumps.

Corinna
02-17-2005, 10:47 AM
My crazy son would have loved those.

RedHedd
02-17-2005, 01:02 PM
And the attorney's name was Mr. Beaver? There's a joke in there somewhere! :p Where's Richard? :D

zippy-kat
02-17-2005, 01:13 PM
LOL That's pretty funny!

They threw out the shoes? Why not market under a diff name to a diff targert audience? Someone, somewhere would want a pair...

lizbud
02-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
LOL That's pretty funny!

They threw out the shoes? Why not market under a diff name to a diff targert audience? Someone, somewhere would want a pair...

Aw, a true entrepreneur.:D You'd go far in the business world.:D

Twisterdog
02-17-2005, 09:21 PM
My son and his friends would have paid big bucks for a pair of those!

Laura's Babies
02-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Good thing the "smell" wasn't there.... feet smell bad enough!

ramanth
02-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Certain socks I wear make this squeaky sound in my work shoes.

:o

catnapper
02-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by RedHedd
And the attorney's name was Mr. Beaver? There's a joke in there somewhere! :p Where's Richard? :D
LOL... don't I know it! I went to Beaver College... and we had to change the name of the school a few years ago because highscool students doing college searches couldn't pull up the school's website - it was blocked by most parental control softaware.

LOL --- farting shoes! I'm sure there's a market for that somewhere. :D

slick
02-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Why not market under a diff name to a diff targert audience? Someone, somewhere would want a pair...
Oh sure...."toot" your own horn why don't you, Miss Businesswoman of the Year!!! :D

And the attorney's name was Mr. Beaver? There's a joke in there somewhere! Where's Richard?
ROFLMAO!!! I'm not touching this one with a ten-foot pole....nope....I'm keeping my mouth shut :D :D

gini
02-18-2005, 11:33 AM
I have heard of someone being "flat footed" but never someone being "flatulence footed".:D :D

I agree with Zipster..........there is a market out there for these shoes.......they just missed the boat!

Pit Chick
02-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd

Not just Beaver, but he's the second. Yes Richard where are you?

So many things can be done in shoes: you can run in your shoes, jump in your shoes, walk in your shoes, pee in your shoes...now you can fart in your shoes. And they tossed them? What a waste. People with a good and demented sense of humor would love these shoes.

Logan
02-18-2005, 12:53 PM
My stepson, and probably my husband :o , are ones that would have bought these things! LOL!!!!! :D Is it too late to get a pair at a reduced price??? Zippy, you are too smart!!!!!! :D

RedHedd
02-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Go to: http://www.goosebumps.net/ The contest of the month is for ..... Massage balls? :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :D

I'm sure Mr. Beaver I is darned proud of his son! :D

slick
02-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Can be used alone or with a partner!
:D :D :D Nope....I'm still not touching this one.....I'm taping my mouth shut.....

RICHARD
02-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Robert W. Anthony and William are going to take on the case of the "Cold Wax Multilation".

I could see the courtroom right now.

R. Anthony: My partner and I are going to prove that this product is harmful to the human skin...I am going to apply this wax to Mr. Beaver and attempt to pull the hair off him.........:eek:

PC,

I had to wait for you to post that cold wax email!!!!!

Pit Chick
02-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by slick
:D :D :D Nope....I'm still not touching this one.....I'm taping my mouth shut.....

Are we sure this is just for massaging?

I am going to apply this wax to Mr. Beaver and attempt to pull the hair off him

Wow, I've never seen a hairless Beaver. :eek: :p

RICHARD
02-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Pit Chick

Wow, I've never seen a hairless Beaver. :eek: :p

That's MR. Beaver, Esquire.:D

RedHedd
02-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
That's MR. Beaver, Esquire.:D The Second! :D

Pit Chick
02-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Now that he's been waxed, he can wear a bikini or thong. Or a thong bikini. :D :eek:

RICHARD
03-03-2005, 03:12 PM
http://www.bigcats.org/esa/beavers1.html

;)

Oggyflute
03-04-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by slick

Go on Slick, I now you really want to. :D

Personally, I think they would make great tennis shoes.................:D

IRescue452
03-11-2005, 04:36 PM
ROFL. Oh I'm sure there would have been a smell of sorts after some wear, eventually.