PDA

View Full Version : Boo boo foot

PJ's Mom
02-17-2005, 08:54 AM
For the last couple of years Peej has had a skin tag on his right front paw. The vet told me that as long as it didn't bother him I could leave it. Last night it started to bother him. He keeps licking it, and now it's bright red. :(

I'm wondering if any of your dogs have ever had one removed. Is it a complicated procedure? Do they have to be asleep to have it done or can it be removed using a local anesthetic?

KYS
02-17-2005, 09:05 AM
I can't help you with the skin tag information,
but wanted to wish PJ get well wishes on his boo boo.

PJ's Mom
02-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Thank you. :)

Dixieland Dancer
02-17-2005, 10:20 AM
It depends on the dog and the vet as too whether they put the dog out or not. It isn't a big procedure but if it is starting to bother Peej then you should have it removed.

Perhaps he just bumped it though and after a few days, it won't bother him again. Perhaps you may want to wrap it for a couple days and see if it's just a temporary thing.

Best wishes for Peej and you!

PJ's Mom
02-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the advice. He's leaving it alone for now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't bother him again. :)

Oh and BTW, your sig is precious! :)

tatsxxx11
02-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Kisses on your boo boo Peej!:) Hopefully you won't need to go to the white coats! Feel better soon:)

Vette
02-17-2005, 06:56 PM
Best of luck to you and and your pooch.

will ya keep us posted on how it goes?

RobiLee
02-18-2005, 07:43 AM
Try to leave that alone, Peej!! :p

Keep us up to date on how it does.

Robin :)

PJ's Mom
02-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
Try to leave that alone, Peej!! :p

Could you say that a little louder, please? He's not listening. :p

I thought it was better, but he's been licking it quite a bit tonight. It's off to the doctor for Peej on Monday. :(

jazzcat
02-19-2005, 12:02 AM
Peej, don't bother that! You'll get a bad boo boo!

I hope he heard that one.:D

Hugs and snuggles to Peej.

tomkatzid
02-19-2005, 12:49 AM
""Ohhhhhhh no, Peej, not a boo boo on your foot. You poor dear. ""
I guess I'd have it taken off 'just in case.' We left a bumpie thing on Shep-ee and it turned bad years later. So I'm all for getting the things off when they first appear, before it really turns into a problem.
Just my 2cents worth.
Kisses to you little boy !!!:)
Katz

LKPike
02-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
""Ohhhhhhh no, Peej, not a boo boo on your foot. You poor dear. ""
I guess I'd have it taken off 'just in case.' We left a bumpie thing on Shep-ee and it turned bad years later. So I'm all for getting the things off when they first appear, before it really turns into a problem.
Just my 2cents worth.
Kisses to you little boy !!!:)
Katz

I agree :) *kissies for poor mister peej*

PJ's Mom
02-19-2005, 10:31 AM
He'll have it done on Monday. I told him what you all said, so he finally left it alone last night ( ;) ) but it's obvious that it's really bugging him. I just wish he didn't have to be asleep for it since we just had him under anesthetic a couple of months ago to have his teeth cleaned. :(

PJ's Mom
02-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Peej went to the doctor today about his boo boo foot. He got his leg shaved and the doctor said the skin tag has to be removed soon. Peej also got a spiffy pink bandage so that he'll leave his foot alone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/sning/Picture015.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/sning/Picture016.jpg

I don't know why this is blurry. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/sning/Picture014.jpg

He goes in tomorrow morning at 8:30 to have his surgery. The vet was nice enough to consider doing it with only local anesthetic and a tranquilizer. I hope he doesn't have to go to sleep to have it done. :(

tomkatzid
02-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Oh poor PeeJ. I'd kiss your little foot if you were closer.
You really have no idea how much he looks like Tonee. It makes me so sad and so happy at the same time to see him. She had many of those little wraps on her in her life time. It sounds like it will be easy to do the tag and that he will be just fine.
Thanks for the update and will look for another one tomorrow.
Love you PeeJ.
Katz

cyber-sibes
02-23-2005, 02:27 PM
Hope that cute l'il paw feels better soon! I'm amazed he leaves the bandage on- Star ends up wearing one of those charming E-collars when she needs to stay bandaged!

Dixieland Dancer
02-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Peej is really cute in his pink bandage! I hope his boo boo is fixed with as little discomfort as possible. Please give him a hug for me! I'll be thinking of him tomorrow.

PJ's Mom
02-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Thank you everyone. :)

I'm always such a baby when it comes to things like this. :( Of course, he's an even bigger baby. Now, he holds up his bandaged boo boo foot for me to see everytime I talk to him. :rolleyes: :D

PJ's Mom
02-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Peej's doctor just called. he's finished and still really groggy, but everything went well and I can pick him up in an hour! (Peej, not the doctor. :D )

He also needs to see the doggy dentist. :o

PJ's Mom
02-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Here's his "after" picture. Doesn't he look pathetic? :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/sning/Picture017.jpg

The bandage needs to stay on for a week at least and the stitches will be in for around 6 weeks. :eek: I also had the "boo boo" sent to the lab to make sure it was nothing more than a skin tag. We get the results from that in about a week. :)

tomkatzid
02-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Oh you poor little boy. Kisses PeeJ. We love you. You'll feel much better with that nasty old tag off your cute little paw. And please don't try and chew at your paw, leave it alone so it can get better faster.
Katz and the gang:)

PJ's Mom
02-25-2005, 01:13 PM
We have to go back to the doctor in an hour. Peej isn't putting any weight at all on his foot now and he should be. :(

I'm hoping he's just being over-dramatic. (which he's known for doing) The doctor wants to see him to make sure the bandage isn't on too tight and that the "boo boo" is healing nicely.

Dixieland Dancer
02-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Peej, Peej, Peej... be still my heart! Your picture after the vets looks so sad. I hope you're just being a little over dramatic for the kisses mom will give you! I'm sending you hugs and kisses too. XOXOXOXOX Get better soon, sweetheart.

Logan
02-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Sweet boy, PJ, please get well soon!!!! :) We love you!!!

Logan

PJ's Mom
02-25-2005, 03:04 PM
So after making me worry, Peej walks into the vets office like he doesn't have a care in the world. I felt so stupid for worrying about him. :rolleyes: The doc took a look at his leg and said he was just being a baby. I have to give him a pain pill today and by tomorrow he shouldn't need another.

Thanks for all the good wishes. I'll get more pics of him up as soon as I can get him groomed again. Right now he's scuzzy. :o

tomkatzid
02-25-2005, 03:35 PM
PeeJ you silly boy, making Mom scared like that. Reading it made me laugh though !!!:D
Katz

PJ's Mom
02-25-2005, 04:25 PM
I think he was amused too...until they took his temperature. :D

anna_66
02-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Oh poor boo boo foot baby PeeJ. I'm so sorry you had to go to the vet to have your foot taken care of:( I bet you just hate that new bandage don't you? Would have been better if they had given you another bright pink one wouldn't it;)
I hope your foot heals superfast and you can have that thing off in no time!

Sorry I didn't see this thread before:o

Rachel
03-01-2005, 06:20 AM
Oh, Peej, this picture is priceless. Tucker is using it to improve his Woe Is Me scores.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/sning/Picture017.jpg

But really I do sympathize with you, little one. Life can be a challenge when one of the legs is involved, right? You be a good boy and soon this episode will just be a distant memory.