PDA

View Full Version : sleeping and perhaps dreaming

kaoK'okung
02-17-2005, 12:38 AM
i'm quite sure one of my cats,Zippy, is a dreamer when she sleeps. Zippy will be completely "out"(head turned up and paws covering face), when she will start twitching...only at certain times and only in this deep sleep....well, one of these deep sleeps, Zippy started hissing...(in her sleep)...i laughed all night long...has anyone else expeirienced this???...lol...(i won't forget it..)...

smokey the elder
02-17-2005, 10:04 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I see from your handle that you're a Lillian Jackson Braun fan.:)

AbbyMom
02-17-2005, 12:37 PM
I've never heard mine hiss in their sleep...but I do know they sometimes dream of chasing mice or rabbits because their legs are twitching. Sometimes they "catch" their dreams because you can see their mouth and whiskers moving.

Dreaming kitties are cute!

Don Juan's mom
02-17-2005, 02:55 PM
As a matter of fact, I was watching Don Juan (instead of "Lost") last night during his evening nap. His tail tip started to twitch and he did his little "bread making" motion with his front paws. He'll sometimes even chatter in his sleep!

In other words, I suspect he dreams of a) nursing or b) hunting!

:D :D :D What a lovebug. :) :) ;) :)

Liz

Laura's Babies
02-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Welcome to PT!!! I have seen mine twitch while they sleep but anything more and I would have the cam corder out!!

Abby&Buddy'sMom
02-20-2005, 07:18 AM
do cats snore also:confused: Both of my cats sleep on my shoulders with their heads into my neck or ear:p besides loud purring..which is wonderful...I think they snore too since its right in my ear:D gotta love them:)

rhonni
03-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Oh yesss cats snore!! My 16 lb manx snores louder than my husband sometimes and even wakes me up!!! It is too funny. I dont wake the cat up to tell him to stop snoring though.

kaoK'okung
03-09-2005, 10:07 PM
yes...my Zip snores also, and i think Shy does as well....:) :)

hootchlid
03-10-2005, 12:55 PM
carl snores like his daddy who has sleep apena and doesnt like to wear his machine lol

Shady
03-10-2005, 10:28 PM
I have one little female that snores like snuffleupagus, and LOUD, so loud I can usually hear her in another room. lol

She seems to sleep ever so deeply but I've never heard her hiss while sleeping, she meows like she's hurt sometimes, sometimes that doesnt even wake her up, other times it's like she's frantic calling/looking for me, and immediately calms down when I say her name and let her know I'm there.

Maybe bad dreams I dont know.

CiaoBellaXO
04-05-2005, 03:16 PM
That is hilarious! My Jaxon twitches in his sleep as well and I can only assume he is dreaming...but I have yet to hear his hiss ...not once since I've had him....

BigCharles
04-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Abby&Buddy'sMom
do cats snore also

Snore? Run? Yes all of that. Older cats, like older people, do other things while sleeping :eek: Good grief! Time for another diet review. Hey! Don't walk out of the room and leave that cloud in here!

Yep. Gotta love 'em. They are cutest when they are bad and when they rest their chin on your throat, purring, you forget all the disgusting things. :)

wolflady
04-05-2005, 05:55 PM
ha ha how funny!
My Marius snores and drools in his sleep. All 3 of my kitties do the funny twitchy thing and their whiskers move around. It's strange to see them dreaming because I always wonder what they dream about!

Felicia's Mom
04-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Beau sometimes twitches in his sleep. I assume he is dreaming.

I also had a cat that slept with his eyes open. (RB Cleo)

sonikku10
04-26-2005, 11:48 PM
lol I was about to post a topic about this since my cat is asleep right now and twitching.

I don't know what Kiki's dreaming about but her ears, whiskers, nose, and paws all twitch in a big cycle-- one after the other :D
And she sleeps with her eyes half-closed?.. ah she's awake now.. apparently, she noticed my hand waving around.