PDA

View Full Version : Catalina Island Cats

Edwina's Secretary
02-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Two weekends ago we visited Catalina Island off the coast of southern California. It's a long story...but my husband and I rode the bus around the small town of Avalon. We were at the far end of the town about supper time. From the bus and through the dusk I noticed a herd(??) of cats. There were probably 20 or so cats. With all that has happened since I forgot about it. Until this evening.

Edwina and I decided to do some research about these cats. (Although, truthfully...she is of limited assistance as she is always walking on the WRONG keys....:rolleyes: )

Here is the story....Catalina Cats (http://www.ecatalina.com/article_guardianAngels.cfm) ....

I wish it wouldn't be so expensive to get to the island...:(

MULTICATMOM
02-16-2005, 10:28 PM
MY KITTYS ALWAYS WALK ON THE WRONG KEYS...:rolleyes:

kimlovescats
02-16-2005, 10:48 PM
What an amazing article. So sad, but so encouraging at the same time. At least they are making efforts and have continually advanced in them! Thanks for sharing this story!;)

luckies4me
02-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Poor kitties! :( I wish there was more than could be done for them. Is it not possible for them to offer some of the kittens up for adoption? Is there not anything else that can be done?

ramanth
02-17-2005, 09:18 AM
What a sweet story. I hope efforts to help the cats continue. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-17-2005, 09:32 AM
What a wonderful story! Reminds me of K & L. At first it's a daunting task, but then progress starts to be seen.

Laura's Babies
02-17-2005, 10:01 AM
I went and read the whole thing... That is amazing how they have all pitched in to help out. There are so many GOOD people out there, we just need more and more of them..

catmandu
02-17-2005, 11:10 AM
That sounds like The Front Porch,at The Found Cat Hotel,where all the Strays,gather,and Scrappy Zipper,is our First Bite,as he crawls,over,or under The Other Cats,and eats first.Thats,is a wonderfu lidea,and if I lived,on Catalina,I would bring,food,too.