PDA

View Full Version : I think that my cat predicted the Washington earthquake!

trisnic
02-28-2001, 02:29 PM
We have this routine with the cats, we sleep without them at night otherwise they will wake us up. Every day is the same. An hour or so before we wake up one of the cats meows at the door. Normally it's Pounce. I pick her up and she lays in my arms and purrs and
I put her and her sister, Cairo into the computer room.

Well today at 10:30am Pounce started meowing at the door. So I though "ok time to get the cats". I opened the door and picked her up but today was different. She started squirming and meowing (not purring
at all). I looked around wondering if something had happened but I didn't see anything so I just picked up Cairo and put them into the computer room. Well at 11:00 or so we started feeling a weird movement that woke us up. It was an earthquake from south of us in Washington!

Freckles
02-28-2001, 03:41 PM
Oh, I believe it.
But my cat Freckles didn't even seem to notice it as it happened. After I noticed my house plants and pictures swaying, I checked on Freckles and she was still in her normal sleep mode.

Angels3
02-28-2001, 06:57 PM
A scientist in San Francisco did some research that showed that the numbers of dogs in city pounds increase in the couple of days BEFORE an earthquake. His conclusion is that dogs pick up some subtle early signs & get spooked and are likely to run off in a panic.

We had a cat called Jeremy who was better than the weather bureau at forecasting if rain would be 'set in'...that is, continue for days. We live in a subtropical area where rain can turn into days of continuous, heavy downpour. Once it started to rain, if Jeremy got himself up high on a tall cupboard we would know that the rain would be set in for days. If he didn't, it would be over that day. Our friends who take their boats out in the bay used to phone & ask us where Jeremy was once rain started. They knew that Jeremy's forecast would always be accurate.

Daisy's Mom
03-01-2001, 08:27 PM
My cousin Christy lives next door, and her family used to have a beautiful Bernese Mountain Dog named Joey. He predicted rain too. Always a calm and sweet dog, he would start acting spooked and hyper before a storm. He would howl too. And then when the storm started... he went psychotic! He leaped right through their screen door twice, and once he came through a screen in our window! What a surprise when we came home and found my dad laughing in his wheelchair, unable to do anything as Joey made himself at home.

Breezybabe01
03-13-2001, 04:30 PM
Whenever there is a big storm or anything on that order, your pets will sense it. My dog Breezy, could sense the storm that was coming that we had last June. I was http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/confused.gif when she was like that, but thats what MOST pets will do. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif