PDA

View Full Version : I officially have....

catnapper
02-16-2005, 06:58 PM
the most injury prone cat in the world!

I won't go into ALL her injuries in the past few minths, but we'll start with how last week Abby had a swollen lip. It turned out to be from when Pouncer swatted her. It is fine and completely healed already.

Now tonight she was napping on my lap (awwwww) and I noticed how her whole other cheek seemed swollen. I lightly touched it and she cried in pain! :eek: I had to struggle with her to see inside her mouth and sure enough --- there's a nice looking ulcer type cut right at the top of her mouth. I'm gonna pummel Pouncer if I find out he did this one too (of course I'll never know for sure)

The attached video is something I took this weekend. Pouncer and Abby were being sweet and batting at each other through the basket handle. Then suddenly it turned into what I see all too often anymore between those two.

kimlovescats
02-16-2005, 08:38 PM
Brother and sister fighting????? NEVER!!!!!:rolleyes: ;)

Laura's Babies
02-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Typical for KIDS!! That video was PURRRRRFECT!

MULTICATMOM
02-16-2005, 09:01 PM
HIS LITTLE SISTER:rolleyes: BUT THEYRE BEAUTIFUL TO LOOK AT!! NOW AS FAR AS BEHAVIOR...

rosethecopycat
02-16-2005, 10:09 PM
What a dominating position he took.:eek: :rolleyes:

Hoping she can hold her own.

Disarm play sessions that get 'out of hand' with a toy.;)

sirrahbed
02-17-2005, 03:46 AM
:D Looks typical. He wanted the basket and sister took off like a good girl:rolleyes:

That basket sure is popular at your house!:D

catnapper
02-17-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
:D Looks typical. He wanted the basket and sister took off like a good girl:rolleyes:
I wish this was the case. Nope.... its a game for him to pick on her. She hates it and doesn't trust him at all anymore.

What happens: She's napping. He comes up and tries to mount her (STILL - after the spay!) she wakes and hisses and swats. Then she runs away. He follows. She tries to hide under furniture. He sits and bats at her. Then I step in and hiss "Pouncer!" and he runs away all insulted. Abby comes running out of her hiding space to be comforted and protected by meowmie. I comfort her for a bit and then put her back down... and Pouncer comes back to swat her. So the chase begins again. :( :rolleyes: :o

catmandu
02-17-2005, 08:24 AM
Pouncer angel,will have,to take her little charge,aside,and explain,to hi,that noone,likes a Bully,and,to bhave himself,or she will get,a Big Cat Angel,to stalk,him,for a day.

ratchet22
02-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Ahhh a problem I have, and the water bottle thing has not worked for us. I can tell she was terrified like he was going to do it again so she fled. There was an article I saw to help stop this problem, I havent done it yet, but Im sure thinking about it.
They said to put one cat in one room for a week, and the other cat in another room for a week, then after the week, switch them and wait another week. does it work ,? I havent tried it yet, but Im sure thinking about it!;)

catmandu
02-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Just,yesterday,John Hancock,took a swipe,at Sam,and his claw,caught,in Sams ear,and Sam,yelled,and started to run,and I had,to hold Sam,and try,to unhook,the claw.Things were tense,for a second,until.the claw worked,its way clear.

rg_girlca
02-17-2005, 08:24 PM
AWWWWWW poor sweet Abby girl.

Pouncer stop being nasty to your baby sister or else.:mad:

Kim, how far is Wynnewood, PA from you?????

catnapper
02-17-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
AWWWWWW poor sweet Abby girl.

Pouncer stop being nasty to your baby sister or else.:mad:

Kim, how far is Wynnewood, PA from you?????
Figure an hour with traffic. Why... are you coming to catnap Abby from me? ;)

rg_girlca
02-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Wow, only an hour eh!....MMMMMMMM maybe I just might take up my cousins offer to come and visit her in PA this summer.

Hang on Abby sweetie, and Pouncer, you better hide.;)

catnapper
02-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Wow, only an hour eh!....MMMMMMMM maybe I just might take up my cousins offer to come and visit her in PA this summer.

Hang on Abby sweetie, and Pouncer, you better hide.;)
How cool! You could come meet my monster crew... and if I start cleaning now I might have a clean house by then! ;)

Hubby says that a trip to Philly is something you must do - all the sites and food! :D

kaoK'okung
02-17-2005, 09:12 PM
my 2 cats, Zip and Shy, like to play with each other,but sometimes it will get out of hand...it always seems that Shy is the instigater, but then hours later, Zip is chasing Shy, so i never know...

rg_girlca
02-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
How cool! You could come meet my monster crew... and if I start cleaning now I might have a clean house by then!

LMAO!!!! That comment was too funny Kim.

My cousin has been bugging us for some time now to visit, I just might take her up on it.:)