PDA

View Full Version : In memory of Smokey..

Kfamr
02-16-2005, 01:34 PM
Hey Smokey...

It's been a year now that your wonderful family had to make a decision to let you go. I know there's one VERY special lady, Nadine, who is missing you very much. You were her baby and have left an everlasting pawprint in her heart.
I know having spoke to her about you in person that she's missing you..... Amy and Gary, as well.

Please look down on them today, especially, and send them some happy vibes. I know you're at the Bridge right now, young and ecstatic once again. With your black curls blowing in the wind.

Hugs to you sweet boy and hugs to those three very special humans of your's.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/imsocoldpee/smokey.jpg

Cataholic
02-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Smokey, may you and Binx be the best of friends at the RB. We all miss you terribly.

Cincy'sMom
02-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Still thinking of you Smokey. What a sad day it was a year ago, when we lost two such special members at the same time.

I'm sure Reggie is shaking his head and wondering how come you don't have to deal with those two young pups, while you snicker back at him from the bridge.

Amy, hugs to you and your family.

My Peanuts
02-16-2005, 04:59 PM
After seeing Binx's thread I couldn't help but think about Smokey today. Kay, that was a very nice memorial and I'm sure Amy will appreciate it.

popcornbird
02-16-2005, 07:00 PM
:(

{{{hugs}}} to you, Amy, on this very sad anniversary. I can't believe its been a whole year. Smokey will forever remain in our hearts.

Sudilar
02-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Smokey, play hard at RB. Your spirit lives on.

captain
02-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Smokey,

Hope you are playing hard at the RB sweetheart, and keeping watch for those precious PT furkids ..... and showing them around.

cloverfdx
02-16-2005, 11:03 PM
Smokey you will be forever in our thoughts and the hearts of all that loved and knew you. Play hard at the bridge little man.

wolf_Q
02-17-2005, 12:43 AM
Thank you. My mom told me that her life has just not been the same since Smokey has been gone. I know she misses her constant shadow, he loved her so much that he wanted to be with her and follow her around even when he could hardly walk. I'm sure he's still following her around as her guardian angel, he never wanted her out of his site. I miss him too, the house still feels empty without him. Though we didn't always see eye to eye, he was a very special dog and I loved him very much.

Kater
02-17-2005, 03:30 AM
{{{{HUGS}}}} to Amy and her family on this sad anniversary. Smokey, you are dearly missed by many. I don't know if you've already seen this poem, so I thought I would post it here. I always read it when I'm missing my RB doggie.

I Only Wanted You

They say memories are golden
well maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you,
a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you
you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairway
and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven
and bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again.

- Author Unknown

cloverfdx
02-17-2005, 05:42 AM
Oh Kate that poem is beautiful, it has me bawling all over again :(.

ramanth
02-17-2005, 09:22 AM
*hugs* to you Amy and your family.

It's easy to see how loved he was. Kay, that was such a nice tribute.

K9soul
02-17-2005, 04:13 PM
What a beautiful tribute and memorial picture of darling Smokey. I can just imagine him, young and vibrant and healthy, tearing around the bridge at the head of a pack of RB doggies. He will someday be reunited with all those whose lives he touched, never to be parted again. Smokey, you are very missed, sweetheart.

shais_mom
02-18-2005, 12:47 AM
Hugs to Amy and Family
Smokey you had a wonderful wonderful life - you're family misses you everyday.
Say hi to Shaianne and Grandma Tippy for me.

pitc9
02-18-2005, 03:11 PM
*~hugs~*
To you Amy and your family!!

anna_66
02-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Another pet gone as another year goes by:(

It's so hard to remember back when this happened. As the other have said we not only lost one that day, but two.

Tell your mom I'm so sorry that things have not been the same. I know where she's coming from.

Many hugs across the miles.

tatsxxx11
02-20-2005, 05:19 PM
What a very sad, sad day that was on Pet Talk, the day we lost Smokey and Binx:( What a beautiful tribute you wrote Kay. I hope it helps to give Amy some small amount of comfort. He was truly a very special pupper and brought so much joy to so many, including all of us here on Pet Talk. Love and hugs to you Amy and family from Sandra, Cody and Star.