PDA

View Full Version : Somebody stop me!! PLEASE!

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Okay, for the last two weeks I've been eating almost non-stop. It was noticeable enough that my husband commented on how nice it was to see me actually EAT instead of just picking. This past week though, it's gotten so much worse!

Monday, I had a 10 chicken nuggets (from Wendy's), a Biggie sized fry and a Biggie Coke. Monday night, I ate 6 - SIX!!! - huge pieces of pizza. I'm usually only good for 1 1/2. Tuesday for lunch, I went BACK to Wendy's and ate FIFTEEN nuggets, a GREAT Biggie sized fry and a Biggie Coke. Last night, I made chicken, stuffing and creamed corn for dinner and basically licked my plate clean. An hour later, I downed a pint of ice cream followed immediately by Garlic & Onion chips. Then I passed out on the couch. This morning I woke up and my stomach didn't feel quite right but that feeling went away when I got to work. I decided I was starving, so I got scrambled eggs and FOUR pieces of bacon. For lunch, I just ate an extra stuffed tuna sandwich, a huge plate of fries, and some fudge a coworker brought in. I'm already contemplating what to eat for dinner... I'm thinking spaghetti.

Oh, and add in the chocolate that my husband bought for me for Valentine's Day that I've been chowing down on between meals and you've got one big pig here! I'm *never* like this, but I can't stop eating! Is this some sort of "Spring Fever" extension of symptoms? Is anyone else stuffing their face?

ramanth
02-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Do you think you might be pregnant?

Seriously though.... with my spring fever, I've been eating less. Could be different for some people.

Don't make yourself sick! *HUGS*

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
Do you think you might be pregnant?
That's what EVERYONE'S been saying! I suppose I could be, but I don't know - it just doesn't seem possible.... though looking back over the last few weeks, that would explain a couple other "weird" things that've been happening with me. But then again, those things could also be because of other things going on.

Is eating your weight in food a symptom of pregnancy? If it isn't, I'm in serious trouble 'cause in the last two weeks I've gained 5 lbs.! I only had 5 more to lose and instead, now I'm back up to 10!! Grrrr!

K9soul
02-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Assuming pregnacy is ruled out, it could very well be spring/cabin fever too. Do you find yourself feeling bored or burned out? Looking forward to your favorite snacks and food might be a pick-me-up from that. I've been eating less lately but I have gone through phases where I couldn't get my mind off food and always felt hungry too, usually when I'm just feeling bored with anything and everything.

ramanth
02-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
That's what EVERYONE'S been saying!
:o I didn't want to ask, but had too. :o

Definitely get that ruled out. :)

My best friend has been skipping her periods due to stress and she's getting tired of being asked if she's pregnant. ;)

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
Assuming pregnacy is ruled out, it could very well be spring/cabin fever too. Do you find yourself feeling bored or burned out? Looking forward to your favorite snacks and food might be a pick-me-up from that. I've been eating less lately but I have gone through phases where I couldn't get my mind off food and always felt hungry too, usually when I'm just feeling bored with anything and everything. Burnt-out? Not so much, in the general sense of the term. I have been exhausted but I've been burnt-out by life/work/whatever before, and this doesn't really feel like that. I suppose it could be too though - who knows!

I'm just trying to find a non-freaky reason to my sudden interest in anything edible!

Maybe I have a 50 ft. long tapeworm. :eek:

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
:o I didn't want to ask, but had too. :o

Definitely get that ruled out. :)

My best friend has been skipping her periods due to stress and she's getting tired of being asked if she's pregnant. ;)
I haven't missed any but my last one was quite abbreviated it. Got it on a Tuesday night and it was gone by Friday morning. That's never happened before. But I still got it, so that's something right? My next one is due March 1.

I doubt I am, I'm on birth control. I was just hoping that all you other girls on here would be like "I have been eating everything in sight too!" and it would just be something attributed to the moon cycle or something, and I'd go on my merry way. D'oh!

K9soul
02-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Does it seem like you are actually hungry a lot or more that you are craving certain things? I know when I go through my "pig-out" phases, I generally crave specific things, generally carb-heavy things and salty snacks. If someone handed me fruit and salads during this time, I realize I'm not really hungry, just craving certain tastes. Maybe it is hormonal, I know somewhere in my mid-20s I went through a tumultuous time where I was particularly moody and my cravings for things like chips and pizza and soda were really high. I think that is when I jumped up in weight by 30 pounds :o. It seemed to last a couple years. It may not have been a hormonal change though, I also had a TON of stress and hardship going on so it could very well have been that. Things seemed to really start stabilizing again for me about a year or so ago and I'm definitely more level now in both mood and in actions. :)

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 12:45 PM
I have been craving Wendy's chicken nuggets for the last month or so. That's about it for cravings so otherwise, I'm just generally hungrier. Like, I'll eat dinner and whereas before I would've been set for the rest of the night, the thought of more food wouldn't be appealing, it is now - any food. And this is just so unlike me.

I've also been headachy, but that could be due to lack of caffeine or being in front of a computer so much of the day.

K9soul
02-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to get a checkup at the doctor's, just to make sure everything is in working order and your blood levels are normal. More than likely it's just a phase but it would never hurt to doublecheck.

I know if someone made that suggestion to me, I would smile and nod, and probably not do it :o. I'm bad about going in until something is definitely wrong.

I do hope you get to feeling like yourself again soon. I know you've been having some struggles lately. Take care of yourself!

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 12:54 PM
LOL You know me too well. I avoid the doctor at all costs until I know something ain't right. I have a massive phobias of doctors and especially needles... so no blood work for me! Nooooo way.

I can't say I'm feeling badly. Aside from getting tired early in the evening and getting headachy every once in awhile, and wanting to eat everything in sight, I *feel* fine. Like I said, I was just hoping all you ladies would reply and say "Oh yes, I've been eating enough food for five people at each sitting" and we could laugh and that would be that.

Darn you all for not gorging like me!! What's wrong with YOU? ;)

caseysmom
02-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Having an abbreviated one is actually a sign of pregnancy...I would get a home test to check it out...oh and don't even get me started about my appetite when I was pregnant!

Cincy'sMom
02-16-2005, 01:28 PM
My first thought was pregnancy.

Second thought would be thyroid...if that is over active it could cause in increase inhunger, but I would think there wouldn't be a weight gain...not sure on that.

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 01:29 PM
Is it really? All the symptoms I've found on various pregnancy websites say - missed periods, headaches, nausea, frequent urination, and crazy emotions. I've never heard of an abbreviated one being a symptom! Yikes! :eek:

Okay, at the risk of Too Much Information, I will post all of my "symptoms" and see what you would think.

1. Abbreviated period. Got it on the day I was supposed to but it was gone after two days - and wasn't very heavy while it was here.

2. I've had to use the bathroom a little more often than usual... my normal routine (and yes, I know it's not healthy) was to get up in the morning, feed the animals and let Sam out, wait for her to come in and go to the bathroom before I start getting ready for work. Then I wouldn't go 'til I got home from work. I'd go MAYBE once between getting home and going to bed, and then go at bedtime. Now, I'm not going a LOT but I'll wake up in the middle of the night to go and I have never done that. I'll go a few times at work and a few times between getting home and going to bed. I know that's a symptom of pregnancy, but I have also been drinking a little more than I used to. Not a lot but some.

3. Headachy in the early evening - like on my way home from work and before I eat dinner.

4. My emotions haven't been *too* bad but I have been getting upset over smaller things than normal... but then that could also be due to the troubles that my husband and I have been having for the last few months. I did, however, burst into tears last night when he went to go work downstairs in the basement (he's a computer programmer and they have a huge deadline coming up). But that could be because he's been working after work since October and I'm impatient for this stupid project to be done.

5. I've been getting extremely tired in the afternoon, and then I get a burst of energy that takes me 'til about 9pm and then I crash again. Even on days when I don't get up until late. Sunday I woke up at 10am and fell asleep on the couch at 2pm for an hour!

Edit: And the tiredness could be because my two kittens don't believe in letting me sleep past 5am without trying to get me up to feed them, so I haven't gotten a really good long solid night of sleep in awhile...

See? I know all these symptoms are possibilities but there are also other reasons that I could be having them so I don't know what to think!

Christiansmommy
02-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by caseysmom
Having an abbreviated one is actually a sign of pregnancy...I would get a home test to check it out...oh and don't even get me started about my appetite when I was pregnant!

True, that is what happened with me, with my pregnancy. I thought I had gotten my "friend", but infact, it wasn't...but not to concern you, a simple test will either rule that out, or confirm it, and if you are *possibly* preggo, then you should find out ASAP, since you are on the pill...hope all is well...

Robyn

emily_the_spoiled
02-16-2005, 01:34 PM
Those symptoms sound like they could be either pregancy or thryoid problems. The pregancy one is easy to check with a home pregnancy kit from your local pharmacy. Otherwise you will have to break down and go see a MD...

Christiansmommy
02-16-2005, 01:34 PM
An abbrieviated period is actually called, implantation spotting...light in color, and it only lasts a few days, around when your period would have been due...

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 01:38 PM
:eek: Really? I thought I knew a lot about all this stuff but I guess I don't!

I do have to say, one of the days/nights I had it, it wasn't exactly light. It wasn't as heavy as it normally is but it wasn't just like a spot or two if that makes any sense.

Me thinks a trip to the ol' grocery store is due! :eek:

Those of you who are moms - did you KNOW when you were pregnant? Did you have a feeling? 'Cause I thought I may have been last summer and wasn't. And now, imagining myself taking a HPT, I can't imagine it coming out positive, so that's why I keep saying I'm not. My symptoms could be attributed to other things and I just don't *feel* it.

Christiansmommy
02-16-2005, 01:43 PM
:eek: Really? I thought I knew a lot about all this stuff but I guess I don't!

I do have to say, one of the days/nights I had it, it wasn't exactly light. It wasn't as heavy as it normally is but it wasn't just like a spot or two if that makes any sense.

Me thinks a trip to the ol' grocery store is due! :eek:

Those of you who are moms - did you KNOW when you were pregnant? Did you have a feeling? 'Cause I thought I may have been last summer and wasn't. And now, imagining myself taking a HPT, I can't imagine it coming out positive, so that's why I keep saying I'm not. My symptoms could be attributed to other things and I just don't *feel* it.

This is probably too much info (so don't read if you don't want to)...but if it is bright red, then it probably was a light period, but if it was pink, tan, etc...even if it was more than a few spots, it could still be implantation spotting...mine lasted a week...and some woman even experience an entire full blown period, although unlikely.

I thought it was definately my period...but we had been trying, so i was hopeful anyway, that is why i tested...and I turned out to be pregnant!!

I had no pregnancy symptoms...no morning sickness, nothing...so i can't help you there...

PJ's Mom
02-16-2005, 01:44 PM
You can still have a period when you're pregnant. It's rare, but it happens.

You've been all stressed out lately too, so perhaps you're just eating to make yourself feel better without realizing it. :eek:

But for the rest of your symptoms...you know what it sounds like, right? :eek:

I'm sitting here getting all excited for you. LOL

Take the test and let us know. Oh, and make sure you get two tests...just to be sure either way.

Any nausea? (and not just in the morning)

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 01:54 PM
My grandmother (dad's mom) told me that she had periods while she was pregnant with him and his half-siblings. I had completely forgotten about that 'til this thread - funny, huh?

I have been stressed, but it's been getting better over the last month. Things aren't perfect but they're better than they were in December and early-mid January. So I think if I were eating for solace, I would've been doing it for longer than the last few weeks... don't you? I dunno... I'm clueless now.

I can't say exactly what color my last period was... It wasn't bright red, not pink... it was like a dark, dark maroon that one time it wasn't light. The rest of the time was like a rosey type color, not red but not really PINK either. Like a mauve. (You all never knew you'd learn so much about me, huh?)

Geez, I don't know what to think. I can't imagine taking the test and having it be positive! Shouldn't I have a feeling that I am? Now I'm getting all nervous - I don't know whether to hope it's positive or negative! My husband and I wanted to wait to get finances in order before we started having children so that I could stay home with them... if I am pregnant and we have a baby THIS YEAR ( :eek: ), I won't be able to do that... and that would break my heart. But at the same time, I've ALWAYS wanted to be a mommy so it would be so cool if I were... I don't know what to think!!!

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Oh, and no nausea. My stomach didn't feel the greatest this morning but I figured it was because I downed a pint of coconut chocolate chip ice cream and immediately ate half a bag of garlic and onion potato chips.

I gagged when I brushed my teeth a few days ago but that's it as far as nausea goes.

PJ's Mom
02-16-2005, 01:58 PM
You won't necessarily feel like you are pregnant. Some women do, some don't. I didn't with my first two, but with the twins, I looked at a piece of chicken, threw up and knew. :D

This is so exciting! :D

Christiansmommy
02-16-2005, 01:59 PM
If you do get a test, i recommend EPT...or First Response...i bought 4, lol!! and they all came out definatley positive!!!

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Noooo, don't do this 'cause then if it isn't positive I'll feel like a tool! And I just can't "see" it being positive!

EPT is what I used when I thought I could be this summer. I'll get that. I just wish the darn things weren't so freakin' expensive!

PJ's Mom
02-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Ok, being calm now. :p

Make sure you get a couple of them. They're more accurate first thing in the morning (the preganacy hormone is stronger then), but I know you'll want to do one as soon as you get home tonight. ;)

carole
02-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Gee it sure sounds like being pregnant is a big possibility, I don't think it is thryroid trouble, my mother has had both under-active and over-active and believe me , one can be very sick, you soon know something is not right.

Sounds like it would be nice if you were, and something you would indeed be happy about, just have to wait until you can get an accurate test done and see.

Just remember if you are eating for two, ends up with the result you look like two people after it all, in other words getting the weight off again is no easy going my friend.

Good luck, keep us posted how you are ok.

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Maybe, but I think I could maybe wait for tomorrow.

Maybe.

Carole - my mom and I had this talk yesterday. I am not going to be one of those women who eat everything just because I feel like I can because I'm pregnant. I'm eating junk now because that's mostly what's in our house. If I am pregnant, which I doubt, I'll replace it with celery and carrot sticks and other healthy things to munch on when I feel like eating.

My mom only gained 13 lbs. with my brother and he was 8 of that! She followed her hiccups, which I have inherited. We do one little hiccup when we're hungry. And we do another when we're full. She listened to those and kept her food in check and I'll do the same if I am pregnant. If I'm not, I'm just going to freak from eating as much as I have with no "reason"!

PJ's Mom
02-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by carole
Just remember if you are eating for two, ends up with the result you look like two people after it all, in other words getting the weight off again is no easy going my friend.

Nobody told me that when Iw as pregnant. :p Bring on the Oreos! :D

PJ's Mom
02-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Maybe, but I think I could maybe wait for tomorrow.

Maybe.

Whenever you do it, Good luck. I hope you get the result you're looking for. :)

Christiansmommy
02-16-2005, 02:08 PM
I took an EPT at night and it was still positive...but i would get a 2 pack (walmart sell them for cheaper than food stores)...and do it tonight and tomorrow morning, if needed :) And if it is negative, you don't have to feel like a tool ;), it is just something you can rule out, and focus on something else it could be...

My Peanuts
02-16-2005, 02:10 PM
When my mom had me they thought I was a month early, but I was born with long finger nails and eyelashes. My mom had a completely normal period when she was pregnant with me. I was conceived a month before they thought. I'd be at the drug store right now if I were you! :D When I read you were “craving” Wendy’s I thought you were pregnant for sure. :D

caseysmom
02-16-2005, 02:10 PM
I tried for 9 years for my first child...no jokes richard!....anyway I did the ept the day I was late..yes one day and it showed up...that was almost 15 years ago.

Also had spotting with that pregnancy...which was worrisome after trying so long.

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
When my mom had me they thought I was a month early, but I was born with long finger nails and eyelashes. My mom had a completely normal period when she was pregnant with me. I was conceived a month before they thought. I'd be at the drug store right now if I were you! :D When I read you were “craving” Wendy’s I thought you were pregnant for sure. :D LOL

I've been craving Wendy's so bad, I made up alternate lyrics to "Stand By Me" one day in the car with my husband trying to get him to stop and get me nuggets! It went something like "Some... times in our life, we all need food, we all need greasy stuff! So... turn the car here and head to the place with the yel-low roof! I'm hungry! Give me some Wendy's or I will kick you right in your n*ts... We all need some nuggets to chew-hoo on!" hehe I was in hysterics.

caseysmom
02-16-2005, 02:16 PM
I doctor caseysmom pronounce you samantha puppy...preggers...all the classic symptoms and now songs about food!! Your cracking me up...I worked swing shift when I was pregnant and would call my husband at 11pm and say start the mashed potatoes...man I couldn't get enough mashed potatoes and gravy.

Christiansmommy
02-16-2005, 02:17 PM
I guess as to not get your hopes up too high, incase you aren't pregnant...maybe you could just be having these cravings, b/c you didn't really have a normal period last time and your hormones are out of wack...i know i crave everything when my period is about to come...

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 02:18 PM
<drool>

Mmmmmm... mashed potatoes and chicken gravy...

Oh, I could so go for some fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy!!!

Darn you, Dr. Caseysmom!!! :p

caseysmom
02-16-2005, 02:19 PM
There was a popeyes right by where I worked and I would get their mashed potatoes and sausage gravy...oh man....be warned....still haven't lost all that weight!

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
I guess as to not get your hopes up too high, incase you aren't pregnant...maybe you could just be having these cravings, b/c you didn't really have a normal period last time and your hormones are out of wack...i know i crave everything when my period is about to come...

I'm not usually a craver though. That's why this thing with Wendy's has been weird to me. But I can't fight it. They're sooooo good, little pieces of nuggety goodness...

My next cycle isn't due 'til March 1st, which is just under two weeks from now... I should've been ovulating this past weekend... unless, of course, the good Dr. Caseysmom is correct and I am pregnant. (God that sounds weird.)

Edit: But I still maintain that I'm not.

robinh
02-16-2005, 02:37 PM
When my mom had me they thought I was a month early, but I was born with long finger nails and eyelashes. My mom had a completely normal period when she was pregnant with me. I was conceived a month before they thought.
I'm have to agree with My Peanuts' mom - My son was born right where they said, but he had fingernails and toenails so long they curled over his fingers and toes, full eyelashes and sideburns. Poor baby needed a haircut right away. After he was born the doctor said he was 9.5-10 month baby. :eek:

I'd definitelty suggest a test. Would put your mind at ease - either way. Here's hoping that it comes out however you would like it to be.
;)

ramanth
02-16-2005, 02:44 PM
Darn you all for not gorging like me!! What's wrong with YOU? ;)
LOL! I would LOVE to be able to gorge on Wendy's food... but I spent all my money on the pets and gas, that I have no money left over for me. ;) :D

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 02:48 PM
No no no! The nuggets are $.99 for 5 of them! You can get 2 5-piece nuggets, a biggie sized fry and a biggie coke for $5.00!!! No joke, it's $5 even. That ain't bad!!

I met my mom for lunch yesterday. We got 5 5-piece nuggets (3 for me, 2 for her), a GREAT biggie sized fry, a medium coke and a biggie coke for me and the total bill was $9.96. You can't beat that!

PJ's Mom
02-16-2005, 02:48 PM

My next cycle isn't due 'til March 1st, which is just under two weeks from now... I should've been ovulating this past weekend... unless, of course, the good Dr. Caseysmom is correct and I am pregnant. (God that sounds weird.)

Edit: But I still maintain that I'm not.

I'm giving my second opinion. You are. ;)

Hey, we should take bets! :D

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 02:49 PM
I really don't think I am! But if you all want to do bets, that's fine with me. What do I get if I'm right??

ramanth
02-16-2005, 02:49 PM
No no no! The nuggets are $.99 for 5 of them! You can get 2 5-piece nuggets, a biggie sized fry and a biggie coke for $5.00!!! No joke, it's $5 even. That ain't bad!!
Believe me... if I had $5 to spare. :o

And I work 2 blocks away from a Wendy's. :eek:

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Treat yourself on your next payday. :)

I will turn you all into Wendy's addicts so when I get back on here tomorrow and tell you that I'm NOT pregnant, you all will be hooked and we can all discuss how we love gorging on their sweet nuggety goodness.

PJ's Mom
02-16-2005, 02:53 PM
What do I get if I'm right??

The satisfaction in knowing we were wrong? :D

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Oh man! I was hoping you all would send me a gift certificate to Wendy's or somethin'!!! LOL

"We all need some nuggets, to chew-hoo on!"

GoldenRetrLuver
02-16-2005, 03:07 PM
You're not alone! I've been piggin' out too. I just got done with my third bowl of ice cream, and this morning I had two waffles and a bagel (I NEVER eat breakfast). :o

But, I'm a teen.. I'm still growing.. there's my excuse! ;)

Wendy's IS pretty darn good. Thankfully ;), the closest one from us is about 20 minutes away.

Good Luck!

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Oh man, you and your excuses... I'm 26 and the only thing growing on me is my freakin' waist size!!!! :mad:

Kfamr
02-16-2005, 03:18 PM
I LOVE Wendys. We have one right infront of our neighborhood. ;)

I always get a JR Bacon, Fry, and ceasar side salad.

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 03:19 PM
That's because you, Kay, have taste. :D

Logan
02-16-2005, 03:22 PM
I really don't think I am! But if you all want to do bets, that's fine with me. What do I get if I'm right??

I know what you get if you're wrong!!! A baby!!!! The best blessing, ever!!! :)

Amber
02-16-2005, 03:23 PM
I love wendys too. good stuff. My friends think their a sick place, but i dont think so!

I get the big ole' whopers!

hey, but...I dont know much on pregnacys and that "stuff" but I'm just like how you are, I eat, alot. and, best of luck to you! :D

animal_rescue
02-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Is it really? All the symptoms I've found on various pregnancy websites say - missed periods, headaches, nausea, frequent urination, and crazy emotions. I've never heard of an abbreviated one being a symptom! Yikes! :eek:

Okay, at the risk of Too Much Information, I will post all of my "symptoms" and see what you would think.

1. Abbreviated period. Got it on the day I was supposed to but it was gone after two days - and wasn't very heavy while it was here.

2. I've had to use the bathroom a little more often than usual... my normal routine (and yes, I know it's not healthy) was to get up in the morning, feed the animals and let Sam out, wait for her to come in and go to the bathroom before I start getting ready for work. Then I wouldn't go 'til I got home from work. I'd go MAYBE once between getting home and going to bed, and then go at bedtime. Now, I'm not going a LOT but I'll wake up in the middle of the night to go and I have never done that. I'll go a few times at work and a few times between getting home and going to bed. I know that's a symptom of pregnancy, but I have also been drinking a little more than I used to. Not a lot but some.

3. Headachy in the early evening - like on my way home from work and before I eat dinner.

4. My emotions haven't been *too* bad but I have been getting upset over smaller things than normal... but then that could also be due to the troubles that my husband and I have been having for the last few months. I did, however, burst into tears last night when he went to go work downstairs in the basement (he's a computer programmer and they have a huge deadline coming up). But that could be because he's been working after work since October and I'm impatient for this stupid project to be done.

5. I've been getting extremely tired in the afternoon, and then I get a burst of energy that takes me 'til about 9pm and then I crash again. Even on days when I don't get up until late. Sunday I woke up at 10am and fell asleep on the couch at 2pm for an hour!

Edit: And the tiredness could be because my two kittens don't believe in letting me sleep past 5am without trying to get me up to feed them, so I haven't gotten a really good long solid night of sleep in awhile...

See? I know all these symptoms are possibilities but there are also other reasons that I could be having them so I don't know what to think!

Delay/Difference in Menstruation:
A delayed or missed menstruation is the most common pregnancy symptom leading a woman to test for pregnancy. When you become pregnant, your next period should be missed. Many women do bleed while they are pregnant, but typically the bleeding will be shorter or lighter than a normal period.

Other Explanations: Excessive weight gain/loss, fatigue, hormonal problems, tension, stress, ceasing to take the birth control pill, or breast-feeding.

Around 6-8 weeks after conception, you may find yourself making a few extra trips to the bathroom.

Other Explanations: Urinary tract infection, diabetes, increasing liquid intake, or taking excessive diuretics.

Headaches:
The sudden rise of hormones in your body can cause you to have headaches early in pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Dehydration, caffeine withdrawal, impending menstruation, eye strain, or other ailments can be the source of frequent or chronic headaches.

Fatigue/Tiredness:
Feeling fatigued or more tired is a pregnancy symptom which can also start as early as the first week after conception.

Other Explanations: Stress, exhaustion, depression, common cold or flu, or other illnesses can also leave you feeling tired or fatigued.

Food Cravings:
While you may not have a strong desire to eat pickles and ice cream, many women will feel cravings for certain foods when they are pregnant. This can last throughout your entire pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Poor diet, lacking a certain nutrient, stress, depression, or impending menstruation.

edit: I got this info from http://www.americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/earlypregnancysymptoms.html

Oh and if your right(your not pregnant) and if I can, I'll get you a Wendy's gift certificate!:D

PJ's Mom
02-16-2005, 03:36 PM
If you're not pregnant, I'll go right down the street and get you a Wendy's gift certificate. :D (and I'll get myself some fries and a Frosty while i'm at it.) LOL

That's how sure I am that...well, you know. :D

Kfamr
02-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Watch Jaime just say she was right so she could get all of the free Wendy's.;) :p

wolfsoul
02-16-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm not pregnant, but I eat ALOT. My uncle teases me because I eat more than him. He shakes his head and says "Where do you put it all?" :o And I eat mostly junky things too. I'm surprised I'm not obese.

Yesterday for instance, I had 7 bowls of cereal, two cookies, 2 huge pieces of ice cream cake, two granola bars, a bowl of choi maigne (Sp?), an orange, 3 things of frozen yogurt, a bowl of ice cream, hersheys chocolates, caeser salad, a bowl of goulash...and I probably had more but I don't remember. And I'm actually losing weight. :p Edit* Oh yeah! I made raviolli yesterday and I ate that too. I made it from scratch -- it wasn't that hard, but putting the noodles togetehr was annoying.

PJ's Mom
02-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Watch Jaime just say she was right so she could get all of the free Wendy's.;) :p

That wouldn't be nice. :p

Lacey
02-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Just read through this whole thread. I'll consider placing my vote with the not pregnant side. :D But only because I've had a couple of those same symptoms and I can guarantee there's no pregnancy here.

On the pigging out - no pigging out more than normal here, but I do love to snack a lot (and no "growing teen" excuse at 24) - especially on salty or carb-heavy things. (And now you've got me craving Wendy's!)

Short periods don't mean pregnancy. The past 2 months I've had 3 day periods (no complaints there!) that looked normal enough with a killer migraine on the day before it ends. Heh! If anyone tries to say pregnancy here, it would be a virgin birth.

And any nausea... Well, around here the flu is running rampant. So that might be another possible explanation.

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't lie and say it was negative if it weren't, Kay! Don't make me come over there and kick your butt. ;)

However as of the test I just took, it appeared to actually be negative. The line was very faint, so I may take another one next week just to be sure.

My Peanuts
02-16-2005, 04:52 PM
I thought if there was a line at all it meant you were pregnant? Sorry, I don't know much about this :)

PJ's Mom
02-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Lacey
Short periods don't mean pregnancy.

I know, all of mine are 2-3 days, so you've got me there. :p

Jaime, is it ok if we cross our fingers for a baby? ;)

Christiansmommy
02-16-2005, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't lie and say it was negative if it weren't, Kay! Don't make me come over there and kick your butt. ;)

However as of the test I just took, it appeared to actually be negative. The line was very faint, so I may take another one next week just to be sure.

2 lines mean preggo, and one line means not, right?

So which line are you talking about? The second line? Or the only line that showed up? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 05:00 PM
I got EPT.

http://www.prodhelp.com/images/eptplus_insert_04.gif

Mine was like the Not Pregnant indicator on the right. The line in the round window was very faint, but there was no vertical one to be seen so...

Christiansmommy
02-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Oh okay, well it wouldn't hurt to test again in a few days, like you said, since it was faint...

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I will... I'm disappointed - it was really awesome to think that a little baby may be in my belly. *sigh* It could happen soon though - I was ovulating this past weekend... for our romantic weekend at the ritzy resort where we had a massage... and a jacuzzi tub in our room... and then Monday was Valentine's Day... so who knows?

animal_rescue
02-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Look on the bright side, you get gift certificates to Wendys now!:D

Amber
02-16-2005, 06:19 PM
line in the round window was very faint, but there was no vertical one to be seen so...

hmm..maybe its deciding, hah. :p

well, I'm crossing my fingers for you! It would be so exciting if we get another PT baby. :)

Christiansmommy
02-16-2005, 06:26 PM
Maybe this little "episode" "happy scare" ;), could be the beginning of you and hubby discussing the possiblity of starting to let it happen for real :)

Samantha Puppy
02-16-2005, 06:36 PM
We have discussed it. Our "plan" is to wait until my yearly GYN exam in August and go together and tell her we're going off the pill. Then we were going to give it a few months since technically, you're not supposed to get pregnant right away after being on birth control, and start "trying" around this time next year.

My husband kinda surprised me tonight though. I knew he wouldn't be mad if I was, but I thought he'd be stressed because of what it would mean financially. But he said that he'd actually be happy about it and it was really neat this afternoon, thinking that he'd helped create a life and was going to be a daddy.

*sigh* Maybe soon!

Christiansmommy
02-16-2005, 06:42 PM
We have discussed it. Our "plan" is to wait until my yearly GYN exam in August and go together and tell her we're going off the pill. Then we were going to give it a few months since technically, you're not supposed to get pregnant right away after being on birth control, and start "trying" around this time next year.

My husband kinda surprised me tonight though. I knew he wouldn't be mad if I was, but I thought he'd be stressed because of what it would mean financially. But he said that he'd actually be happy about it and it was really neat this afternoon, thinking that he'd helped create a life and was going to be a daddy.

*sigh* Maybe soon!

Ahhh :) Well have fun planning when the time will be right...i know i have thought i was a few times, and it is always fun to think about having a little one inside...i hope to have a second in the near future...we'll see :)

Robyn

lizzielou742
02-16-2005, 08:26 PM
I thought I was pregnant once, and the test I took was a digital one. I couldn't deal with trying to decipher lines. I seriously was 100% convinced I was pregnant, and of course, I was not. Thank goodness! My mom said the biggest clue to her she was prego was sore breasts.

Now, as far as your cravings -- you are taking in a lot of sodium! :eek: You should try to drink as much water as possible to make up for that, so you don't get dehydrated. Dehydration can cause headaches. Sodium can lead to other scary stuff, like hypertension and high blood pressure, on down the road. As far as being tired in the middle of the day - if your Wendy's sodas are caffeinated, that could have a lot to do with it. Caffeine energy crashes and withdrawal headaches could be happening to you if you're drinking caffeine in the AM, and find yourself needing more later to keep yourself going.

I just recently started a new eating plan and I am amazed at how much better and overall more healthy I feel. Now, this is not to say I do not get cravings. Chocolate and peanut butter cravings hit me every single day. I want a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup so bad I could die - I've been craving one every day for the last two weeks. I had a homemade chocolate brownie on Valentine's Day instead -- and I thought I was in heaven!! :D

I agree also with whoever said it could also be boredom/cabin fever. Whatever it is, I hope you feel better soon! :)